George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
New statue to George in Laglio EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
New statue to George in Laglio EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
New statue to George in Laglio EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
New statue to George in Laglio EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
New statue to George in Laglio EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
New statue to George in Laglio EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
New statue to George in Laglio EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
New statue to George in Laglio EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
New statue to George in Laglio EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

New statue to George in Laglio

+2
LizzyNY
party animal - not!
6 posters

Go down

New statue to George in Laglio Empty New statue to George in Laglio

Post by party animal - not! Tue 13 Jul 2021, 12:58

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

New statue to George in Laglio Empty Re: New statue to George in Laglio

Post by LizzyNY Tue 13 Jul 2021, 16:31

scratch How is that a tribute to George - and what is that lump at the top supposed to be? Sorry, not impressed. Razz
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 13 Jul 2021, 19:55

Designed by the sculptor to cause attention, I expect, Lizzy. Let's see how long it stays there.

ps Lizzy, Michael Ball has a new tv series here on Channel 5 all about his home roots of Wales - sorry I digress..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 14 Jul 2021, 04:26

IMO the sculptor could have gotten attention with something more creative than a lump, but what do I know?

PS Thanks for the heads up, but I knew about the series from Instagram. I saw the first program today and can't wait for the rest. "Wonderful Wales" indeed! Have you ever been?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 14 Jul 2021, 12:10

Sul lago di Como la statua simbolica in onore di George Clooney

Il divo americano la può ammirare dalle finestre di Villa Oleandra a Laglio
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]La statua in onore di George Clooney a Laglio @QuiComo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Redazione12 luglio 2021 12:01

La statua sul lago di Como, che Laglio ha voluto dedicare al divo di casa, George Clooney è un'opera simbolica. Sarà deluso chi si aspettava la rappresentazione fedele di George, in tutta la sua umana bellezza, contento invece chi saprà apprezzare l'allegoria che lo scultore Vito Valentino Cimarosti ha voluto imprimere nel marmo. Come ha spiegato anche il sindaco di Laglio, Roberto Pozzi, l’opera ha preso vita nella prima edizione del Simposio di Scultura organizzata poche settimane fa in paese. È un omaggio al concittadino onorario, alla persona George Clooney più che al personaggio. La scultura nel suo insieme vuole proprio rappresentare il rapporto tra finzione e realtà. Il blocco di marmo è il simbolo della realtà personale e della finzione del ruolo interpretato e le sue due parti sono tenute insieme come "due funi che, spingendo in opposte direzioni, tengono il nucleo in perfetto equilibrio".

La statua è realizzata in marmo di Carrara e, come si vede anche dalla foto è perfettamente visibile dalle finestre di Villa Oleandra. Il divo americano non ha ancora commentato ufficialmente l'artistico omaggio a lui dedicato ma, come riportato su Il Giorno, avrebbe apprezzato l'opera che sigla ancora di più il suo già solido rapporto con il lago e la città di Laglio dove ora George si trova in vacanza con tutta la famiglia. 

The statue on Lake Como, which Laglio wanted to dedicate to the star of the house, George Clooney is a symbolic work. Those who expected the faithful representation of George, in all his human beauty, will be disappointed, while those who will be able to appreciate the allegory that the sculptor Vito Valentino Cimarosti wanted to imprint in marble will be happy. As the mayor of Laglio, Roberto Pozzi, also explained, the work came to life in the first edition of the Sculpture Symposium organized a few weeks ago in the town. It is a tribute to the honorary fellow citizen, to the person George Clooney rather than to the character. The sculpture as a whole really wants to represent the relationship between fiction and reality. The block of marble is the symbol of personal reality and the fiction of the role played and its two parts are held together like "two ropes which, pushing in opposite directions, keep the core in perfect balance".

The statue is made of Carrara marble and, as can also be seen from the photo, it is perfectly visible from the windows of Villa Oleandra. The American star has not yet officially commented on the artistic tribute dedicated to him but, as reported in Il Giorno, he would have appreciated the work that marks even more his already solid relationship with the lake and the city of Laglio where George is now find on vacation with the whole family.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 14 Jul 2021, 14:48

Well, I'd never attach that explanation to the sculpture in the photo - allegorical or not - but like I said, what do I know? I hope George likes it since it's "perfectly visible from the windows of Villa Oleandra". Good grief! Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 15 Jul 2021, 14:00

Well, it'll only been seen from the windows on one side of the house - unless the avenue of trees growing close to it get bigger (here's hoping). It's opposite a very popular bar tho.

Wales - yep, I went to work in a village pub in Pembrokeshire on the coast, between my A-levels and university. Nice change from all the study - and pennies earned!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 15 Jul 2021, 14:24

I wonder if George will say anything to acknowledge the statue. The mayor seems so proud of it, I'd think at least the local press would ask him for a comment.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 15 Jul 2021, 14:42

Not sure really. They've got the story of the red-flagged beach going on too. But it's not really a beach as such - pebbles and a small harbor wall ..... which is where most people walk anyway.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 15 Jul 2021, 15:28

Maybe I'm mistaken, but don't they have a pool? I'm sure that polluted water so close to home would be a problem because use the lake and they sometimes swim off their dock, but I can't really see them using a public beach.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 16 Jul 2021, 17:13

On the face of it that is definitely a scratch your head kind of statue.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 16 Jul 2021, 19:58

Ah, yes.

I think the days of jumping in the lake at midnight with the likes of Walter Cronkite are probably
over now and the pool is set way back, and trespassers in trees are dissuaded. His bill for security must be HUGE.

It used to be that boats and the lake ferries would have passengers who would call out to him
if they got anyway near, but the ferry companies take a wide berth now to respect his privacy.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 17 Jul 2021, 00:18

Oh yea.  George’s security detail must be quite large.  The way George used to party at Como when he was single must pale in comparison to how he feels very protective of his family now.  That incident one summer when someone took pics from a tree of George and Amal with the babies must have really shook him up.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 29 Jul 2021, 19:00

Hmmmm, that's an, er, interesting statue.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 29 Jul 2021, 20:33

I'm wondering if the statue survived the flood and landslide...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 29 Jul 2021, 20:39

Carol - Very Happy Very Happy I was thinking the same thing. Not sure how tragic it would be if it didn't survive, but from the solid looks of it and its location I'm thinking it's probably still standing.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 30 Jul 2021, 16:31

As it's just outside his home, I suspect that, sadly, it's still standing.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down