George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney On Whether He'd Do an ER Reboot: 'It's Hard to Catch Lightning Again' EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney On Whether He'd Do an ER Reboot: 'It's Hard to Catch Lightning Again' EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney On Whether He'd Do an ER Reboot: 'It's Hard to Catch Lightning Again' EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney On Whether He'd Do an ER Reboot: 'It's Hard to Catch Lightning Again' EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney On Whether He'd Do an ER Reboot: 'It's Hard to Catch Lightning Again' EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney On Whether He'd Do an ER Reboot: 'It's Hard to Catch Lightning Again' EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney On Whether He'd Do an ER Reboot: 'It's Hard to Catch Lightning Again' EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney On Whether He'd Do an ER Reboot: 'It's Hard to Catch Lightning Again' EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney On Whether He'd Do an ER Reboot: 'It's Hard to Catch Lightning Again' EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney On Whether He'd Do an ER Reboot: 'It's Hard to Catch Lightning Again'

5 posters

Go down

George Clooney On Whether He'd Do an ER Reboot: 'It's Hard to Catch Lightning Again' Empty George Clooney On Whether He'd Do an ER Reboot: 'It's Hard to Catch Lightning Again'

Post by annemarie Fri 23 Apr 2021, 10:42

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=48]George Clooney On Whether He'd Do an ER Reboot: 'It's Hard to Catch Lightning Again'
"The hardest part is that when you look at the show and consistently over so many years — it would be hard to say that you could do it at the level that we did it," the actor said at the idea of a potential ER reboot
By Ashley Boucher
April 23, 2021 12:11 AM
[/size]

FB[url=https://www.twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=George Clooney On Whether He%27d Do an "ER" Reboot%3A %27It%27s Hard to Catch Lightning Again%27 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Tweet[/url]
[size=14]More
[/size]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/link/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Ftv%2Fgeorge-clooney-reveals-whether-hed-do-a-reboot-of-er%2F%3Futm_source%3Dpinterest.com%26utm_medium%3Dsocial%26utm_campaign%3Dsocial-share-article%26utm_content%3D20210423%26utm_term%3Dundefined&media=https%3A%2F%2Fimagesvc.meredithcorp.io%2Fv3%2Fmm%2Fimage%3Furl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F20%2F2021%2F04%2F22%2FGeorge-Clooney.jpg&description=George Clooney On Whether He%27d Do an ER<%2Fem> Reboot%3A %27It%27s Hard to Catch Lightning Again%27][/url]

George Clooney on ER

| CREDIT: GETTY IMAGES

George Clooney is weighing on whether he'd join a reboot of ER, on which he starred as Doug Ross for 15 seasons.
Clooney, 59, opened up about the possibility of a reboot during a live virtual reunion of the ER cast on Stars in the House to support costar Gloria Reuben's organization, Waterkeeper Alliance. The nonprofit aims to ensure that communities globally have clean water.
The star said during the special Earth Day episode — which streamed exclusively on PEOPLE's social platforms — that he's not sure whether the magic of the original series, which ran from 1994 to 2009, would be able to be recaptured.
"I don't know. The hardest part is that when you look at the show and consistently over so many years — it would be hard to say that you could do it at the level that we did it," he said of a potential reboot. "I'm not sure that that's available."

The Ocean's Eleven star shared that he's been rewatching the show recently with his wife, Amal Clooney, calling the series "such great television."

RELATED: George Clooney 'Laid Out the ABCs of Professionalism' on ER Set, Says Costar Noah Wyle
"This is better than anything I see in film or anywhere. This is stunning. It's stunning work," he said of the season 1 episode "Love's Labor Lost."
"I felt that way about a lot of episodes I watched," Clooney added. "I'm not sure [about a reboot]… it's hard to catch lightning again."
Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from juicy celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.
"You can't capture lightning in a bottle twice," Julianna Margulies, who played Carol Hathaway, agreed. "I think you have to leave what was so beautiful and move on, because it just feels cheap… It would cheapen it for me."

While the cast seemed to generally agree that a reboot wouldn't be the same as the first go-around, Ming-Na Wen, who played Jing-Mei Chen, said she'd enjoy a reboot to reconnect with the rest of the cast if nothing else.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/link/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Ftv%2Fgeorge-clooney-reveals-whether-hed-do-a-reboot-of-er%2F%3Futm_source%3Dpinterest.com%26utm_medium%3Dsocial%26utm_campaign%3Dsocial-share-article%26utm_content%3D20210423%26utm_term%3Dundefined&media=https%3A%2F%2Fimagesvc.meredithcorp.io%2Fv3%2Fmm%2Fimage%3Furl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F20%2F2021%2F04%2F23%2FER-reunion-73.jpg&description=George Clooney On Whether He%27d Do an ER<%2Fem> Reboot%3A %27It%27s Hard to Catch Lightning Again%27][/url]

CREDIT: STARS IN THE HOUSE
[size]
RELATED: Julianna Margulies Admits She and George Clooney Had a 'Crush on Each Other' During ER
"I would love to reboot only to be able to hang out with this group of people, the talent," Wen, 57, said. "As you get older, the appreciation level and the awareness is so much greater. Just such great fortune. I would love to have been, even now…  just even this, surrounded by these people."
That was a sentiment that Clooney could get behind — the actor said he was "excited" when asked to join the reunion call.
"I'm excited to see this gang," he said, going on to address his former cast mates. "These are people that I really love, you know, and that — we grew up together, really grew up together, in many ways, and it's fun to see you guys."[/size]

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

George Clooney On Whether He'd Do an ER Reboot: 'It's Hard to Catch Lightning Again' Empty Re: George Clooney On Whether He'd Do an ER Reboot: 'It's Hard to Catch Lightning Again'

Post by Admin Fri 23 Apr 2021, 15:11

For a really brilliant writer, this would be an incredible challenge: the re-boot would have to follow the characters where they would be now, all these years later, so the format would have to be completely different as none of them would be working together on the ER anymore.  Or even in the same city. Or even in medicine!

The writer would have to have a lot to say on how medicine has changed since then, as well as how practitioners have evolved in their attitudes to their job.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney On Whether He'd Do an ER Reboot: 'It's Hard to Catch Lightning Again' Empty Re: George Clooney On Whether He'd Do an ER Reboot: 'It's Hard to Catch Lightning Again'

Post by carolhathaway Fri 23 Apr 2021, 21:50

I think that the last ER season was quite a challenge, and I really liked the way they included Doug Ross and myself Wink, although they didn't know they actually saved Carter's life.
Or in the very last episode, when Mark's daughter Rachel appears and in the end is called 'Dr. Green'.

I actually can't imagine how they could do a reboot, maybe a sort of a 'class reunion' cor a special ocasion, but that's what they actually did last night - apart from the fact that they talked about their own lifes and profession instead of medical careers and their fictional lifes.
No, I don't have enough fantasy to imagine a script which could fulfill all our expectations...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 02 May 2021, 03:59

I think a reboot would be a mistake. I think George and Juliana think so too from their comments in the story.  The show captured a time and place and had an awesome dynamic about it.  It was on for so many years so why go there again.  I just don’t know why you would want to mess with what was a really successful show.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Sun 02 May 2021, 04:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 02 May 2021, 14:25

I think that with all that's been going on the last few years - what with drumpf and the pandemic and all the changes we've had to our lives - a lot of people are looking back to before all this mess happened. There's a sense of security in the familiar, and I think that accounts for wanting reboots of favorite shows from the past and for the proliferation of tv channels broadcasting shows from the past. Maybe for a little while people can feel like none of this stuff ever happened.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down