George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Surprising omissions on the Forbes list of highest earning actors EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Surprising omissions on the Forbes list of highest earning actors EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Surprising omissions on the Forbes list of highest earning actors EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Surprising omissions on the Forbes list of highest earning actors EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Surprising omissions on the Forbes list of highest earning actors EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Surprising omissions on the Forbes list of highest earning actors EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Surprising omissions on the Forbes list of highest earning actors EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Surprising omissions on the Forbes list of highest earning actors EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Surprising omissions on the Forbes list of highest earning actors EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Surprising omissions on the Forbes list of highest earning actors

+2
lucy
Katiedot
6 posters

Go down

Surprising omissions on the Forbes list of highest earning actors Empty Surprising omissions on the Forbes list of highest earning actors

Post by Katiedot Wed 03 Aug 2011, 12:21

From movieline

Talkback || by Christopher Rosen || 08 02 2011 11:40 AM

Who is the Most Surprising Omission on the Forbes List of Highest-Earning Actors in Hollywood?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In a similar fashion with what they did with actresses, Forbes has released a list of the 15 highest-earning actors in Hollywood (caveat here for the perhaps inexact figures). Topping the list? Not Johnny Depp (No. 2) or Will Smith (No. 4), but Leonardo DiCaprio​, who — thanks to his one-two 2010 punch of Shutter Island and Inception — has earned upward of $77 million in the last year. Kudos, Leo! The rest of the list is populated with familiar faces like Adam Sandler, Tom Cruise​ and Tim Allen. Wait, what is Tim Allen doing here?

Making bank, it turns out. Forbes estimates that Allen earned $22 million from May 2010 to May 2011, owing mostly to the success of Toy Story 3 (let’s just assume Don Rickles and John Ratzenberger finished just outside the top-15). That figure is enough to put Allen ahead of not only Cruise, but also Brad Pitt​, Matt Damon, Robert Pattinson​ and Daniel Craig.

Surprising, but not really; after all, playing Buzz Lightyear has some obvious perks. What is shocking, however, is the list’s notable omissions: George Clooney, Taylor Lautner, Jeff Bridges, Steve Carell, Will Ferrell, Jason Bateman​ and Owen Wilson to name seven.

All of which raises the question: just which of these male titans of industry are you most surprised to see not represented here? Considering Pattinson’s inclusion, my choice would be Lautner, but your mileage may vary. If it does, fire away in the comments section below.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Surprising omissions on the Forbes list of highest earning actors Empty Re: Surprising omissions on the Forbes list of highest earning actors

Post by lucy Wed 03 Aug 2011, 13:26

No wonder so many wannabees willing to do anything to get on film through TV, money, money, money!!!!!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Surprising omissions on the Forbes list of highest earning actors Empty Re: Surprising omissions on the Forbes list of highest earning actors

Post by fluffy Wed 03 Aug 2011, 13:43

It just goes to show that Gee would rather do his "job" for the love of it rather than money. Ok he may franchise and get cash that way, but then that's good business sense not greed, well he is getting on a bit and needs a pension!! jocolor
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 03 Aug 2011, 14:19

Don't think he needs to make big bucks for his movies. I think he gets paid quite well from his commercial ads. And yes, fluffy, I think he makes movies more for the self-gratification than the money. After all, how many homes, cars, women, etc. does a person need? LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 03 Aug 2011, 14:36

woman
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 03 Aug 2011, 15:17

cindigirl wrote:Don't think he needs to make big bucks for his movies. I think he gets paid quite well from his commercial ads. And yes, fluffy, I think he makes movies more for the self-gratification than the money. After all, how many homes, cars, women, etc. does a person need? LOL

I've never quite understood the need for homes all over the place. If they are business investments (as George claimed Oleandra was), there must be other ways to invest. Same with cars, you can only drive 1 at a time, so why so many and so ridiculously expensive, too. As for women, well - that's a horse of a different color. They can't really be called a good investment - as they are expensive and give "limited" service.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 03 Aug 2011, 15:23

If he's counting real estate as a "business investment" then he's skunked with the economy and real estate as it is now. Cars? that's always a bad investment. Women? well that's just instant gratification which in itself sounds like fun. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2011, 17:47

Like this really gets George in the dumps! He’s doing just fine and this shows he is not habitually vying for “the love of money”. Go George!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down