George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney calls Cate Blanchett ‘easily the best actor of her generation’ EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney calls Cate Blanchett ‘easily the best actor of her generation’ EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney calls Cate Blanchett ‘easily the best actor of her generation’ EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney calls Cate Blanchett ‘easily the best actor of her generation’ EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney calls Cate Blanchett ‘easily the best actor of her generation’ EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney calls Cate Blanchett ‘easily the best actor of her generation’ EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney calls Cate Blanchett ‘easily the best actor of her generation’ EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney calls Cate Blanchett ‘easily the best actor of her generation’ EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
George Clooney calls Cate Blanchett ‘easily the best actor of her generation’ EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney calls Cate Blanchett ‘easily the best actor of her generation’

Go down

George Clooney calls Cate Blanchett ‘easily the best actor of her generation’ Empty George Clooney calls Cate Blanchett ‘easily the best actor of her generation’

Post by Admin Fri 26 Feb 2021, 12:05

Gotta admit, I love Cate Blanchett too.  Although I think The Good German is probably better forgotten . . . 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney calls Cate Blanchett ‘easily the best actor of her generation’
George Clooney singled out an Australian actress during a virtual awards show, calling her “easily the best actor of her generation”.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Andrew BucklowACBucklow
FEBRUARY 26, 202112:00PM

[go to link to see the video of George's speech]

George Clooney presents Cate Blanchett with Lifetime Achievement award at the G’Day USA American Association Arts Gala.

George Clooney has paid a massive compliment to an Australian star, calling her “easily the best actor of her generation”.

Clooney made the comment about Cate Blanchett during the virtual G’Day USA American Australian Association Arts Gala which was held today.

Blanchett, who has won two Oscars and three Golden Globes, received the Lifetime Achievement Award during the ceremony.

The award was introduced by Clooney who kicked off the segment by joking: “Hi, I’m Brad Pitt. I know I don’t look so good. After I won the Oscar I just said, ‘To hell with it!’ I stopped taking care of myself.”

George. Picture: G’DAY USA American Australian AssociationSource:Supplied
Cate. Picture: G’DAY USA American Australian AssociationSource:Supplied
He then went on to praise Blanchett who he has worked with on several films including The Good German and The Monuments Men.

“I’ve been asked to say a few words about Cate who is winning a Lifetime Achievement award,” he said. “I have to tell you what an honour it is to talk about someone of her calibre.

“I’ve worked with her as a director, I’ve worked with her as an actor, and when I say calibre I’m not just talking about her obvious talent as an actress,” Clooney said.

“She’s easily the best actor of her generation. She is a consummate professional. She solves problem on a set all the time. And more than that, is how she solves problems in the rest of the world. It’s what she does in trying to bring justice and hope to all the people who don’t have justice and don’t have hope.”

Cate Blanchett with George Clooney in The Good German.Source:News Limited

Orange Is The New Black
 star Uzo Aduba and American Horror Story star Sarah Paulson also paid tribute to Blanchett in the segment, with the latter saying: “There’s not a single time that I’ve worked with Cate where I haven’t had the eye-opening experience of watching real magic happen.”

When accepting the award, Blanchett thanked “all the trailblazers who paved the way for actors like myself” and listed a series of well-known Aussies including George Miller, Phil Noyce and Rachel Perkins.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down