George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
The Classless 'Joke' That Made Fans Turn On George Clooney EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The Classless 'Joke' That Made Fans Turn On George Clooney EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
The Classless 'Joke' That Made Fans Turn On George Clooney EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The Classless 'Joke' That Made Fans Turn On George Clooney EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
The Classless 'Joke' That Made Fans Turn On George Clooney EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
The Classless 'Joke' That Made Fans Turn On George Clooney EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
The Classless 'Joke' That Made Fans Turn On George Clooney EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
The Classless 'Joke' That Made Fans Turn On George Clooney EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
The Classless 'Joke' That Made Fans Turn On George Clooney EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Classless 'Joke' That Made Fans Turn On George Clooney

4 posters

Go down

The Classless 'Joke' That Made Fans Turn On George Clooney Empty The Classless 'Joke' That Made Fans Turn On George Clooney

Post by Admin Tue 24 Nov 2020, 11:02

Oh boy, if only they knew what really upsets his fans [as opposed to random commentators on quora]!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Classless Joke That Made Fans Turn On George Clooney

George Clooney is outspoken about his beliefs, but one classless joke got him in trouble with fans.

BY LANE PEVENS  10 HOURS AGO
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

George Clooney is known as an amazing actor, sure. But he's also known as a bit of a prankster, and even used Brad Pitt to pull off a prank on Meryl Streep. There's no denying the actor has a silly side, but he also sometimes speaks his mind without considering the implications first.

He might be an A-lister, but there's one critical comment Clooney made that had some serious repercussions for his reputation.

Commenters on Quora appear to agree on one specific moment that caused George to fall from grace in Hollywood. It happened all the way back in 2003, but first, readers need to know some background.

According to fans, Clooney's politics lean left and liberal. And as Vanity Fair reported, George isn't a fan of the current president, and he has even called Trump a "xenophobic fascist" in the past.

Anyway, George is not exactly a fan of conservative politicians in general, either. And in 2003 he made things personal when he reportedly said that conservative actor Charlton Heston "announced 'again' today that he is suffering from Alzheimer's."

As one Quora commenter, Steve Hulett, highlighted, "the remark was repugnant and counterproductive" to Clooney's cause. Steve maintained that the public is generally happy to dislike an actor for their bad movies or poorly acted roles, but that "trivial spewing" take things up a notch.

George Clooney's rude and unnecessary comments toward an outspokenly conservative actor probably lost him much of his conservative fan base. Not that Clooney cares, of course. Impressing fans isn't what he's about, necessarily.

Plus, in 2008, shortly before Charlton Heston passed away, George did attempt to rectify the rude comment he'd made. He wrote a letter of apology, note fans, and received a letter back from Heston's wife.

Charlton had formally announced his diagnosis of Alzheimer's in 2002, after previously battling cancer and undergoing treatment for alcoholism. He received the Presidential Medal of Freedom from President George W. Bush in 2003 in his final public appearance. The actor passed away due to pneumonia in 2008.

As for George, a bit of humility seemed to do him some good. Though, even if he lost some fans (and created worse enemies) with his comments, his career really hasn't suffered.

George still acts today, owns several amazing properties, is happily married to his lawyer wife, and has an impressive net worth of nearly half a billion dollars. And he's just as outspoken as ever about his beliefs, political and otherwise, though he does seem to have learned to tone down the mocking of others' medical conditions, at least.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Classless 'Joke' That Made Fans Turn On George Clooney Empty Re: The Classless 'Joke' That Made Fans Turn On George Clooney

Post by Admin Tue 24 Nov 2020, 11:03

As I remember at the time, some fans were a little shocked, but most found it funny. I don't remember anyone saying that they were no longer a fan of his.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Classless 'Joke' That Made Fans Turn On George Clooney Empty Re: The Classless 'Joke' That Made Fans Turn On George Clooney

Post by annemarie Tue 24 Nov 2020, 14:25

Neither do I Katie.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 24 Nov 2020, 14:41

I don't remember him saying this, although I know he wasn't a fan of Charlton Heston's politics. If he's lost fans over things he said, I doubt this comment was a major reason.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 24 Nov 2020, 14:47

So I tried to find out who owns this website - found it, and it's like an algorithm site that just

regurgitates old stories a paragraph long on a rolling frame that never stops, owned by a

Canadian guy who owns a bunch of hotels in Canada....

Bottom line, not a newspaper with journalists, just a fodder factory. I do remember the story

and thought it was a bit tasteless, but on the other hand Heston was the voice of the NRA (!) and

not known to be the nicest of characters either!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 24 Nov 2020, 15:35

I know he definitely said it, and got some stick for it at the time. He also apologised soon after, and later again to his widow.

Yeah, definitely not a real media site.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down