George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Kentucky Native George Clooney On Breonna Taylor Decision: “The Justice System I Was Raised To Believe In Holds People Responsible For Their Actions” EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Kentucky Native George Clooney On Breonna Taylor Decision: “The Justice System I Was Raised To Believe In Holds People Responsible For Their Actions” EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Kentucky Native George Clooney On Breonna Taylor Decision: “The Justice System I Was Raised To Believe In Holds People Responsible For Their Actions” EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Kentucky Native George Clooney On Breonna Taylor Decision: “The Justice System I Was Raised To Believe In Holds People Responsible For Their Actions” EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Kentucky Native George Clooney On Breonna Taylor Decision: “The Justice System I Was Raised To Believe In Holds People Responsible For Their Actions” EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Kentucky Native George Clooney On Breonna Taylor Decision: “The Justice System I Was Raised To Believe In Holds People Responsible For Their Actions” EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Kentucky Native George Clooney On Breonna Taylor Decision: “The Justice System I Was Raised To Believe In Holds People Responsible For Their Actions” EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Kentucky Native George Clooney On Breonna Taylor Decision: “The Justice System I Was Raised To Believe In Holds People Responsible For Their Actions” EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
Kentucky Native George Clooney On Breonna Taylor Decision: “The Justice System I Was Raised To Believe In Holds People Responsible For Their Actions” EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Kentucky Native George Clooney On Breonna Taylor Decision: “The Justice System I Was Raised To Believe In Holds People Responsible For Their Actions”

5 posters

Go down

Kentucky Native George Clooney On Breonna Taylor Decision: “The Justice System I Was Raised To Believe In Holds People Responsible For Their Actions” Empty Kentucky Native George Clooney On Breonna Taylor Decision: “The Justice System I Was Raised To Believe In Holds People Responsible For Their Actions”

Post by annemarie Thu 24 Sep 2020, 00:13

[size=37][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=37]Kentucky Native George Clooney On Breonna Taylor Decision: “The Justice System I Was Raised To Believe In Holds People Responsible For Their Actions”[/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

By Mike Fleming Jr

Mike Fleming Jr

Co-Editor-in-Chief, Film
@DeadlineMike

More Stories By Mike

Breonna Taylor, George ClooneyMega
Kentucky native George Clooney, watching none of the officers get charged for causing the death of Breonna Taylor after tragedy resulted from a “no knock” warrant that resulted in a kicked-in door, a hail of police bullets and the death of an unarmed woman, was moved to issue a statement to Deadline after the Kentucky AG invited outsiders to keep their opinions to themselves.
“There will be celebrities, influencers and activists who have never lived in Kentucky who try to tell us how to feel, suggesting they understand the facts of this case, and that they know our community and the commonwealth better than we do,” said Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron today while announcing the grand jury decision. “But they do not.”

Said Clooney:  “I was born and raised in Kentucky. Cut tobacco on the farms of Kentucky. Both my parents and my sister live in Kentucky. I own a home in Kentucky, and I was there last month. The justice system I was raised to believe in holds people responsible for their actions. Her name was Breonna Taylor and she was shot to death in her bed by 3 white police officers, who will not be charged with any crime for her death. I know the community. I know the commonwealth. And I was taught in the schools and churches of Kentucky what is right and what is wrong. I’m ashamed of this decision.”
The Kentucky AG said that two of the three officers who fired were justified in their actions while charging another with “wanton endangerment.”

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Kentucky Native George Clooney On Breonna Taylor Decision: “The Justice System I Was Raised To Believe In Holds People Responsible For Their Actions” Empty Re: Kentucky Native George Clooney On Breonna Taylor Decision: “The Justice System I Was Raised To Believe In Holds People Responsible For Their Actions”

Post by party animal - not! Thu 24 Sep 2020, 02:25

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Kentucky Native George Clooney On Breonna Taylor Decision: “The Justice System I Was Raised To Believe In Holds People Responsible For Their Actions” Empty Re: Kentucky Native George Clooney On Breonna Taylor Decision: “The Justice System I Was Raised To Believe In Holds People Responsible For Their Actions”

Post by annemarie Thu 24 Sep 2020, 03:12

[size=48]Kentucky Native George Clooney Says He's "Ashamed" of Breonna Taylor Decision
3:45 PM PDT 9/23/2020 by Lexy Perez
[/size]

•  FACEBOOK
  •  TWITTER
  • [email=?body=https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/kentucky-native-george-clooney-says-hes-ashamed-of-breonna-taylor-decision&subject=Kentucky%20Native%20George%20Clooney%20Says%20He%27s%20%22Ashamed%22%20of%20Breonna%20Taylor%20Decision] EMAIL ME[/email]

Jeff Spicer/WireImage

The actor spoke out after the Kentucky Attorney General warned that "celebrities, influencers and activists who have never lived in Kentucky" will try to "influence our thinking or capture our emotions" in wake of the Breonna Taylor decision. 

George Clooney is speaking out after Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron warned that those who "have never lived in Kentucky" including "celebrities, influencers and activists" will try to "influence our thinking or capture our emotions" in wake of the Breonna Taylor decision.
"There will be celebrities, influencers and activists who have never lived in Kentucky who try to tell us how to feel, suggesting they understand the facts of this case, and that they know our community and the commonwealth better than we do,” said Cameron Wednesday while announcing the grand jury decision. "But they do not."
Kentucky native Clooney countered Cameron's statement and expressed that he as someone with knowledge of the community is "ashamed" of the decision to bring no charges against Louisville police for the killing of Taylor.
"I was born and raised in Kentucky. Cut tobacco on the farms of Kentucky. Both my parents and my sister live in Kentucky. I own a home in Kentucky, and I was there last month," Clooney said in a statement sent to The Hollywood Reporter.
He added, "The justice system I was raised to believe in holds people responsible for their actions. Her name was Breonna Taylor and she was shot to death in her bed by 3 white police officers, who will not be charged with any crime for her death."
Clooney went on to say that despite Cameron's remarks about Hollywood stars, he does in fact "know the community." "I know the commonwealth. And I was taught in the schools and churches of Kentucky what is right and what is wrong. I’m ashamed of this decision," Clooney said.
Clooney's remarks join the outcry Wednesday as Taylor’s case, along with the killing of George Floyd in Minnesota, has been voiced about in nationwide protests that have demanded police reform.
Earlier this year, Clooney penned a guest column for The Guardian in which he called for urgent action to be taken to combat the racism "pandemic" occurring in the country.

READ MORE

Kentucky Attorney General Warns to Not Let "Celebrities, Influencers and Activists" in Wake of Breonna Taylor Decision "Capture Our Emotions"

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 24 Sep 2020, 10:45

Kerry Washington's important tweet:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 24 Sep 2020, 12:43

This is sad but not unexpected it is Kentucky . Daniel Cameron is on the short list to replace RGB on the Supreme court.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 24 Sep 2020, 13:49

I thought drumpf committed to nominating a woman, but wtf, he lies every time he breathes. I'm more worried that he's planning on starting a civil war if he loses. If they have to carry him out of the WH, I hope it's in a body bag! (Sorry, I know that's nasty but that's how I feel right now. Embarassed )

What I really hope will happen is that they'll walk him straight from the WH to jail, alongside his three idiot grifter kids. The NY AG is building a great case against them and that's probably why he's fighting so hard to stay in office. That and because he has delusions of grandeur and wants to be dictator for life like his buddy Kim. Rant over.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 24 Sep 2020, 19:13

Daniel Cameron is on the wrong side of justice.  So glad that George called him out!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 24 Sep 2020, 19:59

Nobody notice that George said he was in Kentucky only last month?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 24 Sep 2020, 20:07

Yes - and also that he has a house there..............not that we didn't already think it was possible, but as far I'm aware this is the first time he's

stated it...........

Last edited by party animal - not! on Thu 24 Sep 2020, 20:09; edited 1 time in total

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 24 Sep 2020, 20:09

We always knew he had a house, didn't we? I've got a vague recollection it's a short walk from his parents.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 24 Sep 2020, 20:23

Oh gosh, twitter doesn't like George speaking his mind! I can see why he's not on twitter (publicly, at least). Getting a lot of pissed-off trumpians tagging the COH account in their fury!! Should I tell them that I'm a British woman and not actually George?? bounce
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 24 Sep 2020, 21:02

We knew he has a house that is where the student lives.  Katie it won't matter Trump followers are idiots they won't believe you , but you can try telling them.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 25 Sep 2020, 02:38

Katie - I did catch that he was back in Kentucky last month. If they're stuck in the US he might as well use some of his time here to see his family. I hope it wasn't because anyone is sick.

Actually, it might be a good idea for him to relocate there for a while and get his kids out of the LA area. From what I've heard the air quality there is awful and doesn't look like it will get better any time soon. If they can't get back to the UK, maybe they should go to Kentucky.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 25 Sep 2020, 03:14

I’m with annemarie.  You can’t reason with Trump followers.  They have drank the Kool-Aid.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 25 Sep 2020, 16:11

Donnamarie - Check out the "Liberal Redneck" on YouTube. I think you'll get a kick out of him.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 25 Sep 2020, 16:39

Lizzy I really like the Liberal Redneck.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 25 Sep 2020, 17:28

Very Happy Me too! I wish his posts could run on every tv channel in every red state because he doesn't sugar coat anything.  He speaks directly to drumpf's base and might actually reach some of them because he's one of them.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 25 Sep 2020, 21:57

LizzyNY wrote:Katie - I did catch that he was back in Kentucky last month. If they're stuck in the US he might as well use some of his time here to see his family. I hope it wasn't because anyone is sick.

Actually, it might be a good idea for him to relocate there for a while and get his kids out of the LA area. From what I've heard the air quality there is awful and doesn't look like it will get better any time soon. If they can't get back to the UK, maybe they should go to Kentucky.
I'd assume he's got an excellent HEPA filter on his LA house though?  I'd bet he'd like to be there more often, but I think he's got too much work going on in LA - as I assume Amal does too, I s'pose.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 25 Sep 2020, 22:22

Katie - I don't know how well protected his LA home is, but I have relatives up and down the state and they've been housebound since the fires started because the air outside is just too bad to breathe. If I had two little kids I'd get them out of there if I could.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down