George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George pays tribute to Car lReiner who died today at 98 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George pays tribute to Car lReiner who died today at 98 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George pays tribute to Car lReiner who died today at 98 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George pays tribute to Car lReiner who died today at 98 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George pays tribute to Car lReiner who died today at 98 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George pays tribute to Car lReiner who died today at 98 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George pays tribute to Car lReiner who died today at 98 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George pays tribute to Car lReiner who died today at 98 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George pays tribute to Car lReiner who died today at 98 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George pays tribute to Car lReiner who died today at 98

3 posters

Go down

George pays tribute to Car lReiner who died today at 98 Empty George pays tribute to Car lReiner who died today at 98

Post by party animal - not! Tue 30 Jun 2020, 18:43

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George pays tribute to Car lReiner who died today at 98 Empty Re: George pays tribute to Car lReiner who died today at 98

Post by Admin Wed 01 Jul 2020, 00:07

Carl Reiner Remembered by Mel Brooks, Steve Martin: ‘Goodbye to My Greatest Mentor’

Legendary actor/director died Monday at the age of 98
Beatrice Verhoeven and Tony Maglio | June 30, 2020 @ 7:20 AMLast Updated: June 30, 2020 @ 3:03 PM
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Photo credit: Getty Images

Hollywood is waking up to the sad news of Carl Reiner’s passing. The comedy legend, who created “The Dick Van Dyke Show” and directed Steve Martin in “The Jerk,” was 98.
Reiner died on Monday. The Twitter tributes began to roll in on Tuesday.
“Last night my dad passed away,” Reiner’s son Rob Reiner wrote on Tuesday. “As I write this my heart is hurting. He was my guiding light.”

“Carl was a giant, unmatched in his contributions to entertainment,” Mel Brooks posted. “He created comedy gems like ‘The Dick Van Dyke Show,’ ‘The Jerk’ and ‘Where’s Poppa?’ I met him in 1950 when he joined Sid Caesar on ‘Your Show of Shows,’ and we’ve been best friends ever since. I loved him. When we were doing ‘The 200 Year Old Man’ together there was no better straight man in the world. So whether he wrote or performed or he was just your best friend–nobody could do it better. He’ll be greatly missed. A tired cliché in times like this, but in Carl Reiner’s case it’s absolutely true. He will be greatly missed.”

“Goodbye to my greatest mentor in movies and in life,” Steve Martin tweeted on Tuesday. “Thank you, dear Carl.”
“Carl Reiner made every room he walked into funnier, smarter, kinder. It all seemed so effortless,” George Clooney said in a statement provided to TheWrap. “What an incredible gift he gave us all. His was a life well lived and we’re all the better for it. Rest in peace my friend.

“Condolences to the family of Carl Reiner,” actor William Shatner tweeted. “From the writers room of ‘Sid Caesar’ to recreating those times for the ‘Dick Van Dyke Show,’ Carl was a master at his craft. I knew him only peripherally but it was a pleasure to have known him.”

“Farewell to a King of Comedy, dear friend, father figure, and Gentleman Genius,” “Everybody Loves Raymond” creator Phil Rosenthal said. “I love you Carl. Love to your family, all your friends, and students.”

A prolific entertainer, Reiner is best known as the creator of “The Dick Van Dyke Show,” which he starred on with Van Dyke and Marty Tyler Moore. Reiner, a nine-time Emmy winner, was also famous for his collaborations with Mel Brooks, with whom he made the comedy album “2000 Years with Carl Reiner and Mel Brooks,” and Steve Martin, who starred in Reiner’s films “The Jerk,” “Dead Men Don’t Wear Plaid,” “Man with Two Brains” and “All of Me.”

“Carl was a giant, unmatched in his contributions to entertainment,” Mel Brooks posted. “He created comedy gems like ‘The Dick Van Dyke Show,’ ‘The Jerk’ and ‘Where’s Poppa?’ I met him in 1950 when he joined Sid Caesar on ‘Your Show of Shows,’ and we’ve been best friends ever since. I loved him. When we were doing ‘The 200 Year Old Man’ together there was no better straight man in the world. So whether he wrote or performed or he was just your best friend–nobody could do it better. He’ll be greatly missed. A tired cliché in times like this, but in Carl Reiner’s case it’s absolutely true. He will be greatly missed.”

“Goodbye to my greatest mentor in movies and in life,” Steve Martin tweeted on Tuesday. “Thank you, dear Carl.”

“Carl Reiner made every room he walked into funnier, smarter, kinder. It all seemed so effortless,” George Clooney said in a statement provided to TheWrap. “What an incredible gift he gave us all. His was a life well lived and we’re all the better for it. Rest in peace my friend.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

George pays tribute to Car lReiner who died today at 98 Empty Re: George pays tribute to Car lReiner who died today at 98

Post by Admin Wed 01 Jul 2020, 00:08

Thanks for posting, PAN. I knew George would have made a statement.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 01 Jul 2020, 12:25

Nice pic

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 01 Jul 2020, 14:02

[size=52]George Clooney Pays Tribute To ‘Good friend’ Carl Reiner, 98, After Icon’s Passing: He Was ‘An Incredible Reward’ To Us All[/size]

30th June 2020
3 Min Read

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Linda Hopkins
Add Comment

Share This!

[size=36]Within the wake of Carl Reiner’s demise, his ‘Oceans Eleven’ co-star, George Clooney, mirrored on his friendship with a ‘humorous, good and type’ man he was honored to name a pal.

Carl Reiner made each room he walked into funnier, smarter, kinder. All of it appeared so easy,” George Clooney stated in an announcement to HollywoodLife following the demise of Carl Reiner. Although Carl, 98, will perpetually be referred to as a comedy icon — creating The Dick Van Dyke Present and dealing alongside Mel Brooks — to his Ocean’s Eleven co-star, he was a beloved pal. “What an unbelievable reward he gave us all. His was a life nicely lived and we’re all the higher for it. Relaxation in peace my pal.”

Youthful followers will acknowledge Carl from his position as Saul Bloom within the Ocean’s film, plotting and scheming alongside Danny Ocean (George Clooney), Rusty Ryan (Brad Pitt), and Linus Caldwell (Matt Damon.) “You do all of it so nicely,” George stated to Carl throughout a 2012 Tv Academy tribute. “You write so nicely, you act so nicely, you direct so nicely, and also you do all of it with the best, biggest quantity of sophistication. You present up on the set of the Ocean’s movies with us, and all we do is speak with you. Among the most enjoyable I’ve ever had is watching a gaggle of actors sitting round in a circle, asking you questions, and also you entertaining for such a very long time.”
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]George Clooney at Carl Reiner’s Tv Academy tribute (Shutterstock)
Carl handed away in his Beverly Hills house on Monday evening (June 29) of pure causes. Days earlier than his passing, Carl shared a tribute to his late spouse, who handed in 2018. “Nothing pleases me greater than realizing that I've lived the most effective life doable by having met & marrying the gifted Estelle (Stella) Lebost—who partnered with me in bringing [their children] RobAnnie & Lucas Reiner into to this needy & evolving world,” he tweeted on June 27. A day later, he joined his daughter, Annie, to rejoice Mel Brooks’ 94th birthday. The three of them even took an image collectively, every sporting a Black Lives Matter t-shirt.

READ  Britney Spears Yells At Boyfriend Sam Asghari After He Interrupts Her Message to LGBTQ Fans — Watch

An icon of comedy, Carl started his profession in 1950 when comedian actor Sid Caesar employed him as a author on Your Present of Reveals. That was the place he met Mel Brooks, and collectively, they crafted one in every of American comedy’s extra memorable characters, “The two,000-year-old-man.” The duo offered albums, carried out in golf equipment, and appeared on tv with the act. TV would additionally assist Carl notch his place within the historical past books. He created The Dick Van Dyke Present and launched the careers of Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Carl Reiner and Brad Pitt on the set of an ‘Ocean’s’ film (Shutterstock)
He additionally had a hand in serving to set up Steve Martin as a comedy legend by co-writing and directing The Jerk. He was behind the digicam for such classics as Oh, God!, Lifeless Males Don’t Put on Plaid, The Man With Two Brains, and Deadly Intuition. Carl continued to behave up till 2019, lending his voice to films like Toy Story 4 and showing in exhibits like Angie Tribeca. All in all, he received over 9 Emmys in a profession that spanned greater than 7 many years. He is survived by his kids Lucas Reiner, Annie Reiner, and director Rob Reiner, in addition to his grandchildren.

[/size]

You may also like

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 05 Jul 2020, 18:56

Lovely article, but weird English. Was it translated?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down