George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney renovates his home in LA - adding annex, funicular and playhouse - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney renovates his home in LA - adding annex, funicular and playhouse - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney renovates his home in LA - adding annex, funicular and playhouse - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney renovates his home in LA - adding annex, funicular and playhouse - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney renovates his home in LA - adding annex, funicular and playhouse - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney renovates his home in LA - adding annex, funicular and playhouse - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney renovates his home in LA - adding annex, funicular and playhouse - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney renovates his home in LA - adding annex, funicular and playhouse - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney renovates his home in LA - adding annex, funicular and playhouse - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney renovates his home in LA - adding annex, funicular and playhouse

+4
heartlove
LizzyNY
annemarie
party animal - not!
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George Clooney renovates his home in LA - adding annex, funicular and playhouse - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney renovates his home in LA - adding annex, funicular and playhouse

Post by party animal - not! Tue 21 Apr 2020, 19:24

Good point, Way 2 - from what I've read, she's into resourcing all the products ethically and replacing as she goes along. Quite surprised that as 'later' parents a friend or relative hasn't got one to pass on...but maybe they're consulting friends who have children of the same age.

The way Covid 19 is affecting the world, the children may be too big by the time they get there!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney renovates his home in LA - adding annex, funicular and playhouse - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney renovates his home in LA - adding annex, funicular and playhouse

Post by annemarie Tue 21 Apr 2020, 20:40

Well , hopefully it will be completed and they will enjoy it by the end of the year if not sooner.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Tue 21 Apr 2020, 22:32

One can only hope.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 01 May 2020, 15:19

The following couple of posts were moved from another thread.

party animal - not! wrote:Can't really imagine that in the middle of a pandemic. Would have been cancelled a while ago I would think - and if the house is a bit of a building site they'd be unlikely to be staying there either

LizzyNY wrote:Then where and why? I said before I thought they'd be better off in the UK. I'd think it would have to be something they thought was important to bring them to LA during this chaotic situation. I wouldn't have thought a dinner important enough to make the trip, but maybe they did.

I'm guessing any work on the property is on hold, so they could probably stay in the house fairly comfortably. I just don't see why they would make the trip at this time. Doesn't seem safe to me.
I'm assuming that his house in LA is still ok to live in.  From the pictures, it looked like they were working on land above his house, building the new annex and funicular.

Last edited by Admin on Fri 01 May 2020, 21:08; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 01 May 2020, 16:06

Katie - The work seems to be behind the house, on the land backing on the parkland behind his property. The main house shouldn't be affected at all except possibly for construction workers and equipment getting access to the site.

(How's your house coming along?)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 01 May 2020, 19:04

A funicular? Really?

To (mis)quote the late, great Richard Pryor, "Cocaine A funicular is God's way of telling you you have too f**king much money."

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 01 May 2020, 20:09

Well, there appear to be a few private ones in the Hollywood Hills, often (obviously) on hilly slopes - and of course the famous public one featured in La La Land. Maybe this is not just for the children but for guests.........hard to tell from the map how steep it actually is

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney renovates his home in LA - adding annex, funicular and playhouse - Page 2 Empty temp thread

Post by Admin Fri 01 May 2020, 21:01

It's really steep, I believe.  Thinking that this might be for Baria? Had a vague idea she's not a good walker (although could be inventing this) and that hill would be a killer to come up and down all the time.  I don't think Nick and Nina come to visit LA any more do they?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2