George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney introduces himself as "Amal Clooney's husband" EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney introduces himself as "Amal Clooney's husband" EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney introduces himself as "Amal Clooney's husband" EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney introduces himself as "Amal Clooney's husband" EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney introduces himself as "Amal Clooney's husband" EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney introduces himself as "Amal Clooney's husband" EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney introduces himself as "Amal Clooney's husband" EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney introduces himself as "Amal Clooney's husband" EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
George Clooney introduces himself as "Amal Clooney's husband" EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney introduces himself as "Amal Clooney's husband"

4 posters

Go down

George Clooney introduces himself as "Amal Clooney's husband" Empty George Clooney introduces himself as "Amal Clooney's husband"

Post by Admin Thu 16 Jan 2020, 11:53

My apologies to furumers who've read this before, but it seems not everyone sees this stuff:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney Draws Big Laughs by Introducing Himself as 'Amal Clooney's Husband'

George Clooney is in on the "Mr. Amal Clooney" joke
By Dave Quinn and Abby Stern 
October 13, 2018 05:50 PM

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/link/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fmovies%2Fgeorge-clooney-introduces-himself-amal-clooney-husband%2F%3Futm_source%3Dpinterest.com%26utm_medium%3Dsocial%26utm_campaign%3Dsocial-share-article%26utm_content%3D20200116%26utm_term%3D6641547&media=https%3A%2F%2Fimagesvc.meredithcorp.io%2Fv3%2Fmm%2Fimage%3Furl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F07%2F969631666.jpg&description=George Clooney Draws Big Laughs by Introducing Himself as %27Amal Clooney%27s Husband%27][/url]

George and Amal Clooney

EMMA MCINTYRE/GETTY
George Clooney is in on the “Mr. Amal Clooney” joke.
On Friday, George attended Variety’s annual Power of Women luncheon at the Beverly Wilshire Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills, California, where he introduced himself to the star-studded crowd by using his wife’s moniker.
“Hi, I’m George and I’m Amal Clooney’s husband,” he joked at the event, which was presented by Lifetime.
Making everyone crack up, the 57-year-old Oscar winner added, “I can read this room.”
Although Amal wasn’t on hand — the human rights lawyer, 40, gave a keynote speech in Philadelphia during the 2018 Pennsylvania Conference for Women — there were plenty of other powerful women in the audience.

Celebrity guests included Jennifer Lewis, Thandie Newton, Elle King, Alyssa Milano and Olivia Culpo as well as honorees Tiffany Haddish, Regina King, Natalie Portman, Lena Waithe and Emma Gonzalez, who received a glowing introduction from George.

Haddish, 38, gave her own hilarious and touching speech prior to George taking the podium. Rather than launch into his own comedy routine, George kept things sincere. “You know, I’m 57 years old and I know better than following Tiffany,” he joked.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Variety

✔@Variety

[ltr]George Clooney: "Hi. I'm George. I'm Amal Clooney's husband" [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | #PowerOfWomen presented by @lifetimetv[/ltr]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

9:39 PM - Oct 12, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy

[ltr]
The Michael Clayton star then praised the “fearless” Gonzalez, one of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School students and anti-violence advocates who survived the deadly shooting in Parkland, Florida.[/ltr]

At the March for our Lives event back in March, Gonzalez famously took the stage in front of the Capitol Building in Washington, D.C. and spent six minutes and twenty seconds in silence — marking the same time it took a shooter to take the 17 innocent lives.

“She forced us to listen,” Clooney said. “Not to her words, there are none. How could there be? She made us listen to her heart. A heart that believes that we as a country can be so much better. A heart that cried out for adults to act like adults so children don’t have to. A heart that we are now honored to know is alive and beating and in this room with us today.”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney introduces himself as "Amal Clooney's husband" Empty Re: George Clooney introduces himself as "Amal Clooney's husband"

Post by party animal - not! Thu 16 Jan 2020, 12:20

I love the fact that George and Amal Clooney are behind the scenes backing the March for Our Lives movement.

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney introduces himself as "Amal Clooney's husband" Empty Re: George Clooney introduces himself as "Amal Clooney's husband"

Post by Donnamarie Thu 16 Jan 2020, 14:14

Yep. I think so much of what they do is behind the scenes and we just don’t hear that much about it.

What a wonderful and beautifully put statement by George in the last paragraph.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Sun 19 Jan 2020, 19:05

He was also Carol Hathaway's husband.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down