George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
January 2020 Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
January 2020 Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
January 2020 Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
January 2020 Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
January 2020 Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
January 2020 Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
January 2020 Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
January 2020 Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
January 2020 Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

January 2020 Chit Chat

+6
Way2Old4Dis
annemarie
party animal - not!
LizzyNY
Joanna
heartlove
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

January 2020 Chit Chat - Page 3 Empty Re: January 2020 Chit Chat

Post by heartlove Sun 19 Jan 2020, 18:46

Music plays a big part in the intangible Biblical/Spiritual experience I share with George Clooney. It really is an amazing part of the real life journey. Maybe some day soon we will be able to share the journey.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 19 Jan 2020, 22:03

Katie - Ashamed to say I haven't seen any of the nominated films this year. Most of them didn't screen close to home and I hate to travel more than 1/2 hour to see a film. A lot of the films that did screen locally were not that well reviewed and I'm too cheap to pay $10 - $15 for a mediocre movie when I can see better fare on Netflix or cable tv.

(Word of warning to anyone who can sing: DON'T SMOKE!!!! I had a fairly nice voice when I was younger and I loved to sing. Thanks to smoking I damaged my vocal cords and now sound like a freakin' frog with a sore throat. If you're smoking, QUIT and if you haven't started - DON'T!!)

By the by, how's the house coming?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 20 Jan 2020, 02:49

Katie, you MUST see Marriage Story. Must.  That's an order.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 20 Jan 2020, 03:28

Way2Old - Is it that good? Really? I guess that's one to look out for if I have a chance.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 20 Jan 2020, 12:53

Way2Old4Dis wrote:Katie, you MUST see Marriage Story. Must.  That's an order.
Lol! I really wanted to, but it's been and gone where I live. Hoping it'll do well at the Oscars and they'll show it again.

Going to see Uncut Gems today at the local arthouse cinema, before that disappears. And if anyone's after mainstream cinema, have you seen The Gentlemen yet? I went in with low expectations (It's a Guy Ritchie film after all) and came out in love with the film. Yes, it's violent and potty-mouthed doesn't even begin to describe it (I think the c-word comes up three times in the first few minutes) but if Hugh Grant doesn't pick up an award or two for this, it'll be a crying shame. Michelle Dockery was great, and Mathew McC(however you spell it) was just typically brilliantly himself. It's not art by any means, but for sheer fun and entertainment value, I think nothing much will beat it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Mon 20 Jan 2020, 13:34

Happy Martin Luther King Day.

Can someone please post a nice picture to reflect on the day. Unfortunately I can't.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 20 Jan 2020, 14:48

There's nothing stopping you from posting pictures, Ladybugngc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Mon 20 Jan 2020, 14:53

Admin, I cant' post pictures on this forum. My ability to post pictures here has been disabled.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 20 Jan 2020, 16:50

LizzyNY wrote:Way2Old - Is it that good? Really? I guess that's one to look out for if I have a chance.

Good in a hard-to-watch-because-it's-so-painfully-real-but-ultimately-inspiring kind of way.

I think it might still be on Netflix, but I'm not sure.

I have yet to see Once Upon a Time... , but with Pitt running the table this awards season, I might have to break my 'No Tarantino' rule.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 20 Jan 2020, 19:00

If "Marriage Story" is still on Netflix I'll find it. I'm with you on Tarantino, although I do LOVE "From Dusk Til Dawn". I think it's a hoot! I guess I'll have to try "Once..." just to see Brad's performance.

I'm wondering how many of the top nominated movies will turn up on streaming services after they finish their run in theaters - or even before. That's probably where I'll see them - if I do.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 20 Jan 2020, 20:41

As far as I can tell “Marriage Story” is still available on Netflix. I tried to watch it a couple of weeks ago but honestly couldn’t get into it. I’m going to try again this week. I just watched “Once...” last night. I’m not a Tarantino fan. I can’t recall one of his movies that I have enjoyed. “From Dusk to Dawn” is an exception but I think it’s only because George was in it.

The best I can say about “Once...” is that I enjoyed the nostalgia of hearing old radio jingles and classic 60s music. Tarantino did a great job of setting up the look and feel of that time but I just didn’t like his style of telling this story and attempting to rewrite a little bit of history. I enjoyed Brad’s performance a lot. He played his role in an endearing way. And he is still easy on the eye Wink. I almost got through the whole movie without seeing what I usually see in most of Tarantino movies ... excessive violence. Came at the end. He almost never disappoints.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 20 Jan 2020, 21:24

Donnamarie wrote:The best I can say about “Once...” is that I enjoyed the nostalgia of hearing old radio jingles and classic 60s music.  Tarantino did a great job of setting up the look and feel of that time but  
My thoughts on this exactly. It's a wonderful trip down memory lane for fans of the old hollywood, but that's as far as it goes. It's too self indulgent and there's just no real story. A couple of guys hanging out. A woman going about her day. Then some stuff about the Manson family. No real sense of peril and then you get to the end when it all ends in typical Tarantino violence. Good? Yes. Great? Nope.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 20 Jan 2020, 21:34

heartlove wrote:Admin, I cant' post pictures on this forum.  My ability to post pictures here has been disabled.
I would like you to stop lying. Thanks.

There's nothing I've done to your account and I don't think it's even possible to block someone from posting pictures. If you don't know how to post pictures, or you've changed some settings in your account, then there's not much I can do about that.

Once and for all, there's nothing wrong with your account unless you've changed it.

ps: my name is Katie.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Mon 20 Jan 2020, 22:13

Admin wrote:
heartlove wrote:Admin, I cant' post pictures on this forum.  My ability to post pictures here has been disabled.
 I would like you to stop lying. Thanks.

There's nothing I've done to your account and I don't think it's even possible to block someone from posting pictures. If you don't know how to post pictures, or you've changed some settings in your account, then there's not much I can do about that.  

Once and for all, there's nothing wrong with your account unless you've changed it.

ps: my name is Katie.  

Katie, I'm not lying.  I have not changed anything. It's possible someone hacked my account.  Someone also did something to my ladybug account.  The password was save on my phone, and I lost my phone.  When I tried to get a new password I got an error message that said someone else was using the email connected to my ladybug account.  Meaning someone else was notified every time I made a post using my ladybug account.  I stopped getting notifications a long time ago.

I just found out recently the password to my ladybug account is saved on my tablet, I can only use ladybug when I'm on my tablet.  Because the password is hidden I still don't know what it is.  I made the heartlove account because I could no longer use ladybugcngc on my computer.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 20 Jan 2020, 22:40

heartlove wrote: It's possible someone hacked my account.  
Nobody has hacked your account because you're still using it. As long as you and only you know the password to this site and don't use public computers to log in, then the chances of your COH account being hacked are as close to zero as makes no difference.

heartlove wrote:Someone also did something to my ladybug account.  The password was save on my phone, and I lost my phone.  When I tried to get a new password I got an error message that said someone else was using the email connected to my ladybug account.  
The fact that your EMAIL ACCOUNT seems to have been hacked when you lost your phone has nothing to do with your Clooney Open House account. You need to contact your email provider and reclaim your email - easier said than done, I know. If someone hacked your email address and then logged into this site as you and made changes, then there's nothing I can do about that.

I'm not able to change passwords for this site. If anyone forgets their password, they have to click on the 'lost password' link underneath the log in and the system will generate a temporary password which is sent to the email address you registered with. I don't see or have any access to passwords nor can I change what email address a user is registered with.

Regarding posting pictures as heartlove, there's nothing I've done to stop you. This forum prevents new users from posting pictures but once they've made more than 15 posts on the forum they automatically get permission to post pictures, so you're definitely able to post pictures.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Mon 20 Jan 2020, 23:38

Katie,

My email account was not hacked.  I'm trying to explain, it is my CLOONEYS OPEN HOUSE account that is being manipulated by an outside source.   I believe you, when you tell me it's not you.  I'm telling you an outside source has manipulated my  CLOONEYS OPEN HOUSE ladybugcngc and heartlove account.  

Ladybug:  When I tried to reset my password I had to input my email address.  When I input my email, I got an error message that stated my "email" was connected to another Clooney's open house user.  Because I could not change the password, I could no longer use ladybug on my computer.

Heartlove:  I've posted many, many pictures using my heartlove account.  I made a thread with black and white pictures.  It was after I posted many, many pictures to that thread, my ability to post pictures on CLOONEY'S OPEN HOUSE stopped.  I can post pictures other places, I CAN NOT post pictures on CLOONEYS OPEN HOUSE.

You can believe I'm to dumb to realize I did something to my own account, however I'm telling you it's an outside source.  I know you well enough to know, if you did something to alter my account you would let me know.  And you would let me know why.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 26 Jan 2020, 20:45

Basket ball player Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash he was 41 years old. Also killed in the crash was his 13 year old daughter.

Last edited by annemarie on Sun 26 Jan 2020, 21:40; edited 1 time in total

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 26 Jan 2020, 21:02

OMG! How terribly sad. He was such an inspiration for so many and did so much good in the world. Just awful! Sad Sad Sad Sad

On a different note, I posted this in the Serious Side thread but I know a lot of you don't look there so I'm posting it here, too. (Especially think WWHS will find it interesting):

YouTube video of Daniel Dietrich singing "Hymn for the 81%"

I found it thought provoking and inspiring.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 28 Jan 2020, 01:33

Kobe Bryant’s death was so shocking. It was especially a terrible loss for his family who also lost a daughter and a sister. Kobe wasn’t without his flaws and controversies but as President Obama said in a tweet he was just getting started in a meaningful ‘second act’ of his life.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3