George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and Grant banned from riding motorcycles by their wives EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George and Grant banned from riding motorcycles by their wives EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George and Grant banned from riding motorcycles by their wives EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George and Grant banned from riding motorcycles by their wives EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George and Grant banned from riding motorcycles by their wives EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George and Grant banned from riding motorcycles by their wives EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George and Grant banned from riding motorcycles by their wives EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George and Grant banned from riding motorcycles by their wives EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George and Grant banned from riding motorcycles by their wives EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and Grant banned from riding motorcycles by their wives

+2
party animal - not!
annemarie
6 posters

Go down

George and Grant banned from riding motorcycles by their wives Empty George and Grant banned from riding motorcycles by their wives

Post by annemarie Thu 02 May 2019, 15:35

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=48]George Clooney Says Amal Banned Him from Motorcycles After 'Bad Accident' While Filming Catch-22[/size]

[url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/link/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fmovies%2Fgeorge-clooney-not-allowed-on-motorcycles-after-bad-accident%2F%3Futm_source%3Dpinterest.com%26utm_medium%3Dsocial%26utm_campaign%3Dsocial-share-article%26utm_content%3D20190502%26utm_term%3D7042837&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F09%2Fgeorge-clooney5.jpg&description=George Clooney Says Amal Banned Him from Motorcycles After %27Bad Accident%27 While Filming Catch-22][/url][url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=George Clooney Says Amal Banned Him from Motorcycles After %27Bad Accident%27 While Filming Catch-22][/url]

George Clooney collided with a car who came into his lane in Italy last summer
By 
ALE RUSSIAN  
and BREANNE L. HELDMAN  
May 02, 2019 10:02 AM

George Clooney is opening up about his scary motorcycle accident while in Italy last summer that sent him to the hospital.
The Oscar winner, 57, was traveling on his scooter when a car cut into his lane and crashed into him, flinging him into the air. Clooney was rushed to the hospital and later released without serious injury.
RELATED: George Clooney Released from Hospital After Scooter Collides with Car in Italy: Reports
The father of two was in Italy filming his upcoming Hulu show Catch-22when the incident happened. He revealed at panel for the show in New York City on Wednesday that his wife Amal Clooney banned him from riding two-wheel vehicles again, and fellow producer Grant Heslov’s wife followed suit.

“I’m not allowed to ride motorcycles,” Clooney said at the panel. “I got into a really bad accident. I hit a guy at 70 miles an hour on my bike. Got launched. And so that’s, I’m off of bikes. Grant’s off. We screwed up and our wives were like, ‘You can never get on a bike again.’ “
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/link/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fmovies%2Fgeorge-clooney-not-allowed-on-motorcycles-after-bad-accident%2F%3Futm_source%3Dpinterest.com%26utm_medium%3Dsocial%26utm_campaign%3Dsocial-share-article%26utm_content%3D20190502%26utm_term%3D7042837&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F09%2Fgeorge-clooney5.jpg&description=George Clooney Says Amal Banned Him from Motorcycles After %27Bad Accident%27 While Filming Catch-22][/url]
Joe Scarnici/Getty Images
Police told NBC’s Claudio Lavanga at the time that the accident occurred around 8:15 a.m. local time when a driver of a car allegedly did not “respect the right of way,” cutting across the star’s path and hitting him.

Video of the crash showed the impact throwing Clooney high into the air before landing on the ground nearby.
Clooney was taken to the emergency room of John Paul II hospital after complaining of “a slight trauma to the pelvis and bruises to one leg and an arm,” according to La Nuova. He also reportedly underwent an MRI.
RELATED: George Clooney Is ‘Recovering’ and ‘Will Be Fine’ After Scooter Accident in Italy
His wife, Amal, rushed to his side but, after he was given the all clear, they left the hospital together in a private car, La Nuova added.
A rep for Clooney told PEOPLE he “was treated and released from an Olbia hospital. He is recovering at home and will be fine.”
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/link/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fmovies%2Fgeorge-clooney-not-allowed-on-motorcycles-after-bad-accident%2F%3Futm_source%3Dpinterest.com%26utm_medium%3Dsocial%26utm_campaign%3Dsocial-share-article%26utm_content%3D20190502%26utm_term%3D7042837&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2019%2F02%2Fgeorge-clooney.jpg&description=George Clooney Says Amal Banned Him from Motorcycles After %27Bad Accident%27 While Filming Catch-22][/url]
Catch-22
Clooney stars in Catch-22 alongside Kyle Chandler and Christopher Abbott, who also appeared on the panel with him.

Abbott, 32, plays the main character, John Yossarian, while Chandler, 53, plays Colonel Cathcart.
RELATED: See the First Photos from Hulu’s Catch-22 Starring George Clooney, Kyle Chandler and More
The story will be told through the eyes of Yossarian — a divergence from Heller’s original novel of the same name, which famously describes events from the point of view of different characters. Yossarian is a U.S. Army bombardier stationed off the Mediterranean coast in the early ’40s. (Production wrapped in September in Santa Teresa Gallura, Italy.)
Catch-22 is set to premiere on Hulu May 17.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

George and Grant banned from riding motorcycles by their wives Empty Re: George and Grant banned from riding motorcycles by their wives

Post by party animal - not! Thu 02 May 2019, 18:52

Good!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George and Grant banned from riding motorcycles by their wives Empty Re: George and Grant banned from riding motorcycles by their wives

Post by Donnamarie Fri 03 May 2019, 03:12

Totally agree PAN. When I saw the video of the accident I was stunned that George pretty much walked away from serious injury. He was damn lucky! If I was in Amal’s position I would have told him the same thing. He has a responsibility for two small children and a wife and the possible consequences of joy riding are just not worth it.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 03 May 2019, 20:15

speriamo che non cada mai in bagno!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 05 May 2019, 12:41

Even though the story is probably not true....

Many many years ago George was the poster boy/hero/made It Normal  not to be into marriage.... just like me....

And this is exactly why!!! I HATE human ownership, you see it daily between spouses and the most offensive parents with their kids.... there is a line in the sand between good parenting and flat out ownership bullying....

I hope George has changed as all of you say he has .... my way of dealing with someone “telling me what to do” is to cower, resent, be afraid and ultimately escape! Run away and not look back....it’s a bad way to react as the other side never see it coming....

But George has changed....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 05 May 2019, 13:43

Nope.

It just sounds like a really sensible thing to do. And if the shock of what happened didn't make him think it might be a good idea to give up Harleys, he would realise that he's not a sole agent anymore. Never mind anything else, he has two tiny children - and a massively damaged spinal chord with all that's (still) involved for him there on a routine basis.

He would already know all that - without Amal having to say something. But it makes a good story, and as always while he's promoting something else there's the odd extra 'private' tale to tell.

Let's see if it comes up on Ellen...taking bets

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 05 May 2019, 14:36

Well , I think it  probably is true after all he said Grant was banned as well. He didn't have to mention Grant if he were
just telling a story.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 05 May 2019, 22:36

OH THAT IS GOOD NEWS. !
I do Hope it's True.

I really think that George's Aunt Rosemary or
Uncle George were looking after him that day.

It will be good if Ellen brings it up !

( I bet she's thrilled about his daughter
being called Ellen ! ). LOL.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down