George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and Amal great neighbours in Sonning EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George and Amal great neighbours in Sonning EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George and Amal great neighbours in Sonning EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George and Amal great neighbours in Sonning EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George and Amal great neighbours in Sonning EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George and Amal great neighbours in Sonning EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George and Amal great neighbours in Sonning EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George and Amal great neighbours in Sonning EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George and Amal great neighbours in Sonning EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and Amal great neighbours in Sonning

+3
ladybugcngc
annemarie
party animal - not!
7 posters

Go down

George and Amal great neighbours in Sonning Empty George and Amal great neighbours in Sonning

Post by party animal - not! Mon 25 Feb 2019, 23:38

An article in the Uk papers. Interview with local head of pkanning etc. Apologies cannot post as away...

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George and Amal great neighbours in Sonning Empty Re: George and Amal great neighbours in Sonning

Post by annemarie Tue 26 Feb 2019, 00:38

[size=40]George and Amal Clooney are 'perfect neighbours'[/size]

ACTOR George Clooney may not be in the running for an Oscar tonight but he should get an award as a good neighbour.

By [url=https://www.express.co.uk/search?s=Dominik lemanski&b=1]DOMINIK LEMANSKI[/url]
PUBLISHED: 14:34, Sun, Feb 24, 2019 | UPDATED: 16:07, Sun, Feb 24, 2019
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Amal Clooney: Seeing George with our twins is my greatest joy

Play
[size]
Unmute

[size=10]Current Time 
[/size][/size]
0:10

/
[size][size]
Duration [/size][/size]
0:43
[size][size]
Loaded: 0%

Progress: 0%

[/size][/size]
Facebook

Twitter

Fullscreen
[size]

George and his barrister wife Amal have been called "model citizens" for the respect and consideration they showed local people during the 18-month refurbishment of their £20million home in Oxfordshire. The Clooneys were also praised for taking an active - if discreet - part in village life including supporting the local theatre and eating in local pubs. Paul Harrison, a Conservative councillor for the Sonning Common Ward where they live, said: "People have accepted the Clooneys with open arms.

RELATED ARTICLES

[/size]

• [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Amal Clooney stuns in silk jumpsuit at Meghan Markle’s baby shower

• [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Amal Clooney gives Meghan Markle very lavish baby shower gift

[size]
"The upgrading of their house is probably the best managed I have ever seen because of the lack of inconvenience caused to neighbours.
"The road outside their property is narrow and busy, but they managed to agree with the owner next door to store all of their construction vehicles in her car park during the renovation so they did not cause any obstructions."

Mr Harrison, who sits on a planning committee at Oxfordshire District Council, added: "The things I have asked them to do they have always done, such as moving a fence they erected back four metres from the bank of the Thames to help anyone who got in trouble on the river.
STARS: George and Amal Clooney are praised by Paul Harrison (Image: FilmMagic / South Oxfordshire District Council)
The work done at the Clooney's £20millon home (Image: FameFlynet UK)
[/size]
They [The Clooneys] have done everything possible to fit in with the local community
Paul Harrison
[size]
"They reduced the height of one of their CCTV cameras when requested and then when the cameras went up with bright white coverings and residents complained within two weeks the offending white covers were taken away.
"They have done everything possible to fit in with the local community."
George, 57, and Amal, parents to twins Ella and Alexander, have an estimated £260million fortune. Last week Amal, 41, attended the Duchess of Sussex's baby shower in New York.

Meghan Markle: Clooney slammed for Diana comparison

[/size]
[size=49][size=49]Play Video[/size][/size]
[size]

They bought the nine bedroom Grade II-listed 17th-century mansion, set on a five-acre stretch of the Thames, in 2014.
Staff quarters include a kitchen, bedroom and office. A walkway connects the house to a glasshouse and a 60ft swimming pool. There is also a 12-seat cinema and tennis court.
The long lawn leading to the river was re-laid and there is also a gym.
George, who has won two Oscars, sold his tequila company, Casamigos, founded with entertainment bigwig Rande Gerber and real estate magnate Mike Meldman, to UK drinks giant Diageo for about $1billion (£790million).[/size]

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

George and Amal great neighbours in Sonning Empty Re: George and Amal great neighbours in Sonning

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 26 Feb 2019, 03:58

Interesting...
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 26 Feb 2019, 10:35

What's interesting it's been said that they are good neighbors since they bought the estate.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 27 Feb 2019, 19:37

"They have done everything possible to fit in 
with the local community."

Said the Local Councillor about the Clooneys.

As we feel that we know George very well from coverage
over the years, why would we expect anything different ?

George is a well mannered gentleman IMO and he would 
expect to be "bollockd" by his parents if he upset anyone
living nearby !

poisson davril    lol!

Although it's a great site with many trees etc 
I hope they can get a "No Fly Zone" whatsit
over their property.

The Duke & Duchess of Camebridge have got that
I believe over their country home in Norfolk.

I'd imagine that's imperative these days with
Drones being flown all over the place now !

Last edited by Joanna on Wed 27 Feb 2019, 19:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Extra thoughts.....LOL.)
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 27 Feb 2019, 21:28

Joanna, I wonder if other celebrities in the U.K. have the same type of drone restriction.  Didn’t George relay a story about how a random drone was hovering outside a bedroom window at the Sonning home?  

Yep a bunch of us have been following George for so long that we feel like anything other than courtesy and respect towards others would be totally out of character for him.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 27 Feb 2019, 22:07

Yep, Donna he said it was outside their bedroom window.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 03 Mar 2019, 20:33

I think George Hates  Sonnining!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 03 Mar 2019, 20:47

Because they aren’t there! Tue y are in New York, in Los Angeles ‘ in Italy but rarely in Sonning
Annemarie wrote: È interessante notare che sono buoni vicini da quando hanno acquistato la proprietà.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 04 Mar 2019, 16:13

Lelacorb - I seriously doubt that he hates it. It's just that their work keeps both of them in other places a lot of the time. I'll bet it will be Como for the summer and Sonning for Christmas, with LA, NY  and filming locations in between for work.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 04 Mar 2019, 16:27

Well for somebody who hates the place he's here an awful lot! And remember he spent his honeymoon there.

As I just said in another thread it's likely that they are here now, they have things to do here and if you remember just last week the Duchess of Sussex travelled with some or all of them back to the UK and where they landed is half an hour from each of their homes

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 04 Mar 2019, 17:34

I thought George Clooney spent his honeymoon at Comic-Con.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 04 Mar 2019, 18:31

Nope
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 05 Mar 2019, 00:27

WOW IS LELACORB THE UNDERCOVER STALKER OF GEORGE ??

She seems to a lot about his whereabouts...
LOL.

Come on lelacorb do 
tell all  ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down