George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Playground by George,Grant and Steven Soderbergh EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Playground by George,Grant and Steven Soderbergh EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Playground by George,Grant and Steven Soderbergh EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Playground by George,Grant and Steven Soderbergh EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Playground by George,Grant and Steven Soderbergh EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Playground by George,Grant and Steven Soderbergh EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Playground by George,Grant and Steven Soderbergh EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Playground by George,Grant and Steven Soderbergh EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Playground by George,Grant and Steven Soderbergh EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Playground by George,Grant and Steven Soderbergh

5 posters

Go down

Playground by George,Grant and Steven Soderbergh Empty Playground by George,Grant and Steven Soderbergh

Post by party animal - not! Sun 03 Feb 2019, 17:29

Do we have this?

Trailer - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Playground by George,Grant and Steven Soderbergh Empty Re: Playground by George,Grant and Steven Soderbergh

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 03 Feb 2019, 18:00

I know Law Enforcement works diligently to identify and prosecute perpetrators.  Law Enforcement also have programs available to young girls that are victims of these type of crimes.

My hope is when documentaries like these are made, they not only focus on the problem; they include viable solutions.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Playground by George,Grant and Steven Soderbergh Empty Re: Playground by George,Grant and Steven Soderbergh

Post by party animal - not! Sun 03 Feb 2019, 18:34

Clearly they have their work cut out.

One of the best things to do is for as many people as possible to see both the trailer, and the documentary all the way through for it to have it's biggest impact and become a subject of discussion for all parties.

Too often people relax in the knowledge that somewhere it's being taken care of, but obviously it's not if this is anything to go by.

It actually needs everybody to have a voice about this stuff, to bring it out into the open so that potential victims feel comfortable being able to go to someone to talk about it. We don't do enough about it personally.

Well done George and company

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 04 Feb 2019, 00:42

After watching the trailer I can't watch the full documentary - not yet. That said, I really believe it should be shown on every network and streaming platform to get the widest audience possible. We do block programming for stupid crap like drumpf's speeches, why can't we do it for something as important as this? There has to be a way to at least take this stuff off the internet.

The men who enslave and sell these children should be shot. Their "clients" should be locked up for life.

George and his friends have done many things I've found admirable, but this is at the top of my list. I wonder if being a parent has anything to do with his interest. As for the rest of us, short of making our disgust known I don't know how we can change things. Too many men think it's no big deal - it's just sex, (even our president was accused of "deflowering" a 13 year old girl) and it's apparently a very profitable business for the pimps - and I'm guessing anyone they pay off to let them keep operating.

The whole thing makes me sick!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 04 Feb 2019, 00:55

I remember a few years back Ester Rantzen started a hotline number called Childline.... it’s still going.....it helped .... anything that helps...Sad
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 04 Feb 2019, 01:11

WWHS - Agreed. Anything that helps. It just seems that we're not making any progress stopping this. We leave it to law enforcement and social workers and only pay attention when some horrific story breaks in the press.

I think the online sites need to be shut down as fast as they pop up and anyone who solicits their services should be put on a watch list. Whoever initiates the sites should be arrested and any platform that hosts the sites should be fined - a lot.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 04 Feb 2019, 02:07

Agreed, Lizzy.

Unfortunately the folks at Facebook, social media, etc. are exacerbating the situation and do not follow up and delete it - their algorithms are not fast enough and they don't want to employ people.  

Childline in the UK is a brilliant idea and is fully staffed 24 hours. More of that stuff globally is needed I think.

By the way, this came out in 2009......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 04 Feb 2019, 13:21

PAN - You're kidding! This has been around for NINE YEARS??!!!!!!!! How is it possible that it hasn't gotten major attention? George and his crew really botched this one. It should have been publicised and promoted everywhere!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 04 Feb 2019, 14:33

I remember seeing this on here years ago.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 04 Feb 2019, 14:48

Annemarie - Someone finding and posting something on this site is hardly a publicity campaign for a film dealing with such an urgent issue. This film should have been publicised in all the mainstream media as well as online. It still could be.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 04 Feb 2019, 17:05

I didn't say it was a publicity campaign I said I had seen it here because pan said do we have this.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 04 Feb 2019, 17:59

Well what might have happened is the distribution rights went astray,and just because Smokehouse were the producers it's possible they were not involved in the next state.

The lady who wrote and directed is Libby Spears

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

but when you go to the website of the company who made it,  Sundial, you can't get much further (an error sign comes up). So that's all I've got on it. If I were to guess I would think that their involvement may be something like the use of all their production facilities, but I'm guessing..........

And yes, it deserves more, and for a CNN or ABC to pick it up because it is more than still relevant

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 05 Feb 2019, 01:06

Annemarie - I wasn't suggesting that you said it was a publicity campaign. I meant that whoever was responsible for producing the film didn't seem to do much to distribute or publicize it. If it had been properly marketed we wouldn't be seeing it because someone came across it by accident or because years ago it got posted here. It would be a film we were all familiar with because it was shown everywhere.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down