George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Amal's fight to free the Myanmar(Burma) journalists  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal's fight to free the Myanmar(Burma) journalists  EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Amal's fight to free the Myanmar(Burma) journalists  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal's fight to free the Myanmar(Burma) journalists  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Amal's fight to free the Myanmar(Burma) journalists  EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Amal's fight to free the Myanmar(Burma) journalists  EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Amal's fight to free the Myanmar(Burma) journalists  EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Amal's fight to free the Myanmar(Burma) journalists  EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Amal's fight to free the Myanmar(Burma) journalists  EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal's fight to free the Myanmar(Burma) journalists

+2
ladybugcngc
party animal - not!
6 posters

Go down

Amal's fight to free the Myanmar(Burma) journalists  Empty Amal's fight to free the Myanmar(Burma) journalists

Post by party animal - not! Wed 21 Nov 2018, 19:59

Great interview

(Looks like a coffee shop in the UN building)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Amal's fight to free the Myanmar(Burma) journalists  Empty Re: Amal's fight to free the Myanmar(Burma) journalists

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 21 Nov 2018, 21:05

Interesting... Is this a recent interview.?
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Amal's fight to free the Myanmar(Burma) journalists  Empty Re: Amal's fight to free the Myanmar(Burma) journalists

Post by annemarie Wed 21 Nov 2018, 21:53

it is from the last time she was at the U.N. September 28 .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 21 Nov 2018, 23:57

It was great to hear Amal speak at length about this case.  Am I really off ... I swear the woman in the background by one of the tables looks just like Nina.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Thu 22 Nov 2018, 00:18

I love hearing Amal speak, she's always so eloquent and always knows how to deliver a message.

Donna, you're right. They kinda look alike.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 14 Dec 2018, 12:04

Amal met the British Foreign Secretary in London yesterday

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 14 Dec 2018, 15:13

I find Amal's connection to the journalist narrative, interesting...

Several of the cases Amal have been connected to are about journalist.

The United States Congress involvement in the Journalist presumed murdered in Saudi Arabia is one of the most wicked and evil things I've ever seen our government involved in.  I understand one of the things that our country value is freedom of the press.  What does that have to do with a Saudi native, who worked at as a U. S. journalist, went back to Saudi Arabia, and now is presumed murdered?  Why would the U.S. Congress feel the need to get involved in that? United States citizens are walking into U.S. hospitals and dying because of medical practices allowed under the Affordable Care Act.  Congress seems to find no need to protect it's citizens from being murdered in U.S. hospitals.

Maybe someone here can explain why the "narrative"  about "journalist" is news worthy.  Why is the main stream media highlighting journalist that are being jailed.  I understand this thread is about Amal representing jailed journalists, what about these journalist being jailed is news worthy?
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 14 Dec 2018, 15:24

Freedom of the press, Ladybug, across the world.  Mr Khassoggi was living in America and was a well respected journalist working for the Washington Post. You can read all about it online. I am quite shocked that you don't know this. The democratic world (and its free press) is trying to right the wrongs of those who hold power in highly corrupt states all around the world.

Ironically Mr Khasoggi's death in a dreadful attack i e knocked out and cut up, may have contributed to the lifting of sanctions by the UN and the international community on Yemen so that those who have been starved to death by a continuing four year war. They have forced the Saudis to the negotiating table having put sanctions on them for being culpable in his death
Why the US, a democracy, allows its own citizens to have no national health service is something you have to ask them. But obviously other forms of corruption are at the heart of that - much of which has been revealed by  a free press. Obviously voting for those who want to help put one such system in place helps.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 14 Dec 2018, 16:06

ladybugcngc wrote:I find Amal's connection to the journalist narrative, interesting...

Several of the cases Amal have been connected to are about journalist.

The United States Congress involvement in the Journalist presumed murdered in Saudi Arabia is one of the most wicked and evil things I've ever seen our government involved in.  I understand one of the things that our country value is freedom of the press.  What does that have to do with a Saudi native, who worked at as a U. S. journalist, went back to Saudi Arabia, and now is presumed murdered?  Why would the U.S. Congress feel the need to get involved in that? United States citizens are walking into U.S. hospitals and dying because of medical practices allowed under the Affordable Care Act.  Congress seems to find no need to protect it's citizens from being murdered in U.S. hospitals.

Maybe someone here can explain why the "narrative"  about "journalist" is news worthy.  Why is the main stream media highlighting journalist that are being jailed.  I understand this thread is about Amal representing jailed journalists, what about these journalist being jailed is news worthy?

He is not "presumed murdered." He was murdered, in the most vicious, sick, and despicable way possible. There is audio of his torture. There are recordings of phone calls from his killers verifying that it was done. There is video of his killers entering and leaving the embassy; one of them impersonated him when they left. The better question is why you doubt that it happened, and can't understand the significance of this horrendous event.

One of the critical planks of a fascist, dictatorial regime is to destroy the free press. It makes it easier to propagandize the masses. Controlling the press leaves the regime unaccountable for their actions, and gives them free rein to decimate any element of society they don't want, free of scrutiny. If people don't know what their government is doing, there is no debate, no opposition, no progress. Only subjugation to the will of the tyrants.

So killing a journalist is a big fucking deal. Imprisoning journalists is only a short step short of that. We care because truth-speaking journalists are the first responders and protectors of free societies. So, yeah, murdered and jailed journalists are newsworthy.

I don't know what your issue is with the ACA (which is not a direct provider of care), or hospitals, or doctors. It sounds like you have endured suffering to some degree. But do not conflate your personal grievances and complaints with unrelated events that hold significance for the world at large. Even if the sorry state of US healthcare and a journalist's tortuous murder by Saudi nationals in a Turkish embassy could somehow be seen to be related, there is nothing that stops us from being outraged by both... Except if we didn't know about them because we lived in a country with a state-run press.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 14 Dec 2018, 16:08

And FFS, don't "Interesting..." me.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 14 Dec 2018, 16:54

party animal - not! wrote:Freedom of the press, Ladybug, across the world. The democratic world (and its free press) is trying to right the wrongs of those who hold power in highly corrupt states all around the world.

Ironically Mr Khasoggi's death in a dreadful attack i e knocked out and cut up, may have contributed to the lifting of sanctions by the UN and the international community on Yemen so that those who have been starved to death by a continuing four year war.
Why the US, a democracy, allows its own citizens to have no national health service is something you have to ask them. But obviously other forms of corruption are at the heart of that - much of which has been revealed by  a free press. Obviously voting for those who want to help put one such system in place helps.
My problem with the media's narrative is their focus on the "journalist", NOT the investigative reporting journalist are sighting.  

In Mr. Khasoggi's case, has a body been recovered?  Did Mr. Khasoggi have a direct link to investigative reporting on the Yemen war?  If he did, that fact was left out of the mainstream media.  Conflicts across the globe are muddled with many agents, of whom have their foothold in mainstream media, with varied agendas.  Why the U.S. Congress decided to make the issue of a Saudi native, who went missing in his native country and NOT call a session to address U. S. citizens MURDERED by ISIS in their work place is beyond my thinking. (side note:  Lizzy, I did write members of congress on this issue.)

Interesting the supposed "death of the journalist" hits mainstream media, and the "NARRATIVE" of the media make absolutely NO link to the war in Yemen.  To make this missing journalist, presumed murdered in his native country, an international incident worthy of the U. S. Congress to take action is beyond me.  They seem to want to protect "freedom of the press" and at the same time do nothing on a legislative level to address citizens who were MURDERED by ISIS. 

What I find it interesting is Amal seems to represent the same group of people that are in the "NARRATIVE" of the mainstream media.  I don't mean this to be banter, I'm just noting what I find interesting...

----------------

It's the standards allowed by medical professionals under the Affordable Care Act that is the problem our elected officials are allowing.  In other words, the U.S. Congress is allowing medical professionals to murder the citizens they represent under Congressional Legislation (ACA) they signed.  I have not heard one elected official address this issue and I'm not aware of any investigative journalist addressing this issue.  The U. S. media work for agencies benefiting monetarily from the ACA, I don't expect this truth to hit the mainstream media.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 14 Dec 2018, 17:07

Mm sounds as though it's your local press that's lacking, and the international press that are doing a much better job, doesn't it?

Maybe you should read a few more. Plenty online which will help your research.

Oh, and I totally endorse what Way2 said. So no 'interesting' notes thanks. It doesn't actually mean anything. Take your grievances up with your local news outlets which are clearly failing you

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 14 Dec 2018, 17:11

It's the standards allowed by medical professionals under the Affordable Care Act that is the problem our elected officials are allowing.  In other words, the U.S. Congress is allowing medical professionals to murder the citizens they represent under Congressional Legislation (ACA) they signed.  I have not heard one elected official address this issue and I'm not aware of any investigative journalist addressing this issue.  The U. S. media work for agencies benefiting monetarily from the ACA, I don't expect this truth to hit the mainstream media.

The ACA does not set standards of patient care. It does set minimums of coverage for carriers, precludes exclusion from coverage for pre-existing conditions, holds guidelines for routine and preventive care, and places caps on out-of-pocket expenditures. You are confusing this with direct patient care guidelines. I repeat, there is nothing of that in the ACA. There is nothing in the legislation (I've read it in its entirety) that directs doctors or hospitals in performing health care exams or procedures. That is left up to professional medical practice organizations, and individual practitioners and institutions. If you have an issue with patient care standards, and are looking to address them, you're wasting your time complaining about the Affordable Care Act. Talk to the people or organization that delivered the care.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 14 Dec 2018, 17:52

Way2,

I have a case that went before the California Appeals court based on STANDARD OF CARE.  I was informed it was being reviewed based on standards care documented in the AFFORDABLE CARE ACT.

I've been going through this over a year.  The ACA is over 1000 pages, go back and read the amendments that were attached to the ACA.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 14 Dec 2018, 18:03

party animal - not! wrote: Mm sounds as though it's your local press that's lacking, and the international press that are doing a much better job, doesn't it?

Maybe you should read a few more. Plenty online which will help your research.

Oh, and I totally endorse what Way2 said. So no 'interesting' notes thanks. It doesn't actually mean anything. Take your grievances up with your local news outlets which are clearly failing you  
PAN, most people rely on narrative of mainstream media.  I sometimes have the time research more than most.

Have the remains of Mr.  Khasoggi's been found and validated?

So no 'interesting' notes thanks.

Are you trying to squash my freedom of speech?
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 14 Dec 2018, 18:20

If you have a case in the Appeals Court in the state of California, you have a state of California case. Litigation concerning the Affordable Care Act would be federal. Standing to sue provisions of the legislation would be decided initially in a federal court, and appealed to the United States Supreme Court.

Regardless of what you say you've been told, the ACA does not direct standards of patient care. It is a healthcare coverage law, not a practice and procedures directive. If your case went before the California Appeals Court, has been under review without a decision for a year, and cites a claim against the ACA, you have both set a historical legal precedent AND managed to make the ACA's opponents' case without them even noticing.

There is no requirement or necessity to sign up for healthcare coverage under the ACA if you live in California, since the state's Medicaid policies are generous and were expanded. So if you signed up without knowing their so-called standards of care policies, you should be the one reading the law.

I joined the fight for universal health care coverage back in the 70's. I was, in a former life, an activist medical professional. I know what's in the ACA, so I'm not going by what others "inform" me. If you care to back up your claim, PM me a California civil case number. Otherwise, don't blow smoke up my ass and tell me it's breezy.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 14 Dec 2018, 18:48

Way2Old4Dis wrote:If you have a case in the Appeals Court in the state of California, you have a state of California case. Litigation concerning the Affordable Care Act would be federal. Standing to sue provisions of the legislation would be decided initially in a federal court, and appealed to the United States Supreme Court.

Regardless of what you say you've been told, the ACA does not direct standards of patient care. It is a healthcare coverage law, not a practice and procedures directive. If your case went before the California Appeals Court, has been under review without a decision for a year, and cites a claim against the ACA, you have both set a historical legal precedent AND managed to make the ACA's opponents' case without them even noticing.

There is no requirement or necessity to sign up for healthcare coverage under the ACA if you live in California, since the state's Medicaid policies are generous and were expanded. So if you signed up without knowing their so-called standards of care policies, you should be the one reading the law.

I joined the fight for universal health care coverage back in the 70's. I was, in a former life, an activist medical professional. I know what's in the ACA, so I'm not going by what others "inform" me. If you care to back up your claim, PM me a California civil case number. Otherwise, don't blow smoke up my ass and tell me it's breezy.
Interesting... I will do that
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 14 Dec 2018, 19:45

You'll do what? Read the ACA legislation, PM me your case number, or blow smoke up my ass and tell me it's breezy?

What you're essentially saying is that it's possible to sue the ACA for malpractice, and anybody can tell you that ain't happening.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 14 Dec 2018, 21:05

Way2Old4Dis wrote:You'll do what? Read the ACA legislation, PM me your case number, or blow smoke up my ass and tell me it's breezy?

What you're essentially saying is that it's possible to sue the ACA for malpractice, and anybody can tell you that ain't happening.
I PM'ed you.

And no, I'm not trying to sue the ACA for malpractice.  I'm well aware attorney's will not take a case, from individual's who have state ran insurance, that suffer substandard care and/or are almost murdered.  

Does the ACA adrress mal-practice?  Please understand I am not seeking one penny.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 14 Dec 2018, 21:31

My point was, based on what you said in your earlier posts, that you most certainly CANNOT sue the ACA for malpractice, because the ACA does not practice medicine and does not handle standards of care outside of guidelines for well care and preventive visits.

There are many, many attorneys who would and do take cases of patients injured by providers who accept government-sponsored insurance. Do you think that no patient on Medicare or Medicaid has ever sued a doctor or hospital?

The ACA does not address malpractice. Again, it is health insurance coverage legislation.

Reading your PM now...

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 14 Dec 2018, 21:45

... And just sent you an answer.

Please keep in mind that all medical error is not malpractice, and certainly not "murder," as you characterize it.

This is the last I'll post about this here; it's way off topic and personal.

We now return you to your regular programming.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 14 Dec 2018, 22:30

Way2Old4Dis wrote:... And just sent you an answer.

Please keep in mind that all medical error is not malpractice, and certainly not "murder," as you characterize it.

This is the last I'll post about this here; it's way off topic and personal.

We now return you to your regular programming.
Thanks for your time.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down