George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney - George Clooney's Dirty Awards Season EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney - George Clooney's Dirty Awards Season EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney - George Clooney's Dirty Awards Season EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney - George Clooney's Dirty Awards Season EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney - George Clooney's Dirty Awards Season EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney - George Clooney's Dirty Awards Season EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney - George Clooney's Dirty Awards Season EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney - George Clooney's Dirty Awards Season EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney - George Clooney's Dirty Awards Season EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney - George Clooney's Dirty Awards Season

+2
melbert
Merlin
6 posters

Go down

George Clooney - George Clooney's Dirty Awards Season Empty George Clooney - George Clooney's Dirty Awards Season

Post by Merlin Sun 10 Jul 2011, 10:02

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney - George Clooney's Dirty Awards Season
10 July 2011 09:16:40 AM

George Clooney's Dirty Awards Season

Oscar-winning actor George Clooney feels ''unclean'' after awards season because he has to campaign so much.
George Clooney feels "unclean" after awards season.
The 50-year-old actor began humanitarian work in Sudan in 2005 after feeling the need to do something more beneficial to the world after tiring of "campaigning" to be recognised for his movie achievements.
He explained: "I had just come out of Oscar season and you really do campaign, like kissing babies.
"By the time it's over, you sort of feel unclean.
"You want to do something that makes you feel better."
Following his first trip to the war-torn country with his father, George donated money to build a well and huts, but soon learned to use other ways than his wealth to help the African territory because of what happened to his gifts.
He explained: "A year later, the next-door villagers - who wanted water and needed shelter - killed some people to get to that well and shelter.
"It's devastating. We have to be very careful - sometimes helping is not throwing money at a problem."
George believes other celebrities should follow his lead and use their positions to help the world.
He added to Marie Claire magazine: "There is ever more attention on celebrity than ever - and there is a use for that besides selling products.
"We can't make policy but we can 'encourage' politicians more than ever before."
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney - George Clooney's Dirty Awards Season Empty Re: George Clooney - George Clooney's Dirty Awards Season

Post by melbert Sun 10 Jul 2011, 13:06

Thanks Merlin. Well, this coming out now with Oscar buzz already happening with IOM and The Descendants. Some critics are going to say that if he feels so "dirty" campaigning for awards, then maybe he shouldn't get any. Then will he say that's the reason he doesn't do interviews anymore is that they make him feel "dirty". I totally understand what he is saying, in essence, better to give than receive, but people are going to take his statement literally.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney - George Clooney's Dirty Awards Season Empty Re: George Clooney - George Clooney's Dirty Awards Season

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jul 2011, 14:33

I think it's coming out because he did so much for Sudan. That's what made him feel better after campaigning. Everyone has to agree that campaigning is a difficult time! You try your hardest to please everyone but it’s very difficult when there are so many different likes and dislikes. But he does it very well. It’s just tiring doing for yourself! Doing things for others isn’t quite so tiring and it brings joy to your life!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 10 Jul 2011, 17:19

Plus that was during the time of GNGL-Syriana, to me it seemed that it was more than just 1 year cause next came MC- Burn, he just had so much work coming out back to back. For him it must have been exciting but when will this end moment so I can get back to what I really enjoy"work".
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 11 Jul 2011, 01:17

I think its coming out because there isn't any current GC news and they need readers. LOL! Rehash stuff from old articles.

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jul 2011, 01:22

sisieq wrote:I think its coming out because there isn't any current GC news and they need readers. LOL! Rehash stuff from old articles.
Yeah Right LOL!

George Clooney feels "unclean" after awards season
Sunday, July 10 2011, 4:36pm EDT
By Tom Ayres, Entertainment

George Clooney has said that he dislikes certain aspects of awards season in the film industry, and has admitted that it makes him feel "unclean".

The Ocean's Eleven star revealed that he began to undertake more charity work after feeling disillusioned about his career.

"I had just come out of Oscar season and you really do champagne, like kissing babies," Clooney told Marie Claire recently.

"By the time it's over, you sort of feel unclean," he explained. "You want to do something that makes you feel better."

The actor also said that he thinks that the celebrities of today have a responsibility to get involved with charity and humanitarian causes due to their unusually privileged position.

"There is ever more attention on celebrity than ever, and there is a use for that besides selling products," Clooney added. "We can't make policy but we can 'encourage' politicians more than ever before."

Last month, it was confirmed that Clooney and partner Elisabetta Canalis had separated after two years together.

Clooney's new drama The Ides of March, which he also directed, will open the Venice Film Festival this August, before being released in US cinemas on October 14 and in the UK on October 28.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What??!!! The premiere in LA is not going to be on Oct 7th anymore? Saying goodbye to the kiss on my cheek plan...

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 11 Jul 2011, 01:38

I think Oct 14 was the old date and it was moved up to Oct 7. HOWEVER, that's the Friday it opens in theaters. The actual Premiere is usually the beginning of the week or sometimes the week before.

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jul 2011, 01:41

<--- This user is having a Jennifer Aniston moment: This is uncool!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 11 Jul 2011, 02:44

I'm looking forward to the Descendents more than Ides.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 11 Jul 2011, 02:48

I think that they are going to be such completely different stories that I am so excited to see both. But, I do think I am favoring Descendants for his acting and then Ides for his directing.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Natascha Mon 11 Jul 2011, 03:01

I'm looking forward to both films,George is in them, that's enough for me.

Natascha
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down