George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Nadia Murad press conference National Press Club Washington October 8 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Nadia Murad press conference National Press Club Washington October 8 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Nadia Murad press conference National Press Club Washington October 8 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Nadia Murad press conference National Press Club Washington October 8 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Nadia Murad press conference National Press Club Washington October 8 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Nadia Murad press conference National Press Club Washington October 8 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Nadia Murad press conference National Press Club Washington October 8 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Nadia Murad press conference National Press Club Washington October 8 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Nadia Murad press conference National Press Club Washington October 8 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Nadia Murad press conference National Press Club Washington October 8

2 posters

Go down

Nadia Murad press conference National Press Club Washington October 8 Empty Nadia Murad press conference National Press Club Washington October 8

Post by party animal - not! Mon 08 Oct 2018, 01:22

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Nadia Murad press conference National Press Club Washington October 8 Empty Re: Nadia Murad press conference National Press Club Washington October 8

Post by annemarie Mon 08 Oct 2018, 01:46

2018 NOBEL PEACE PRIZE WINNER AND YAZIDI ACTIVIST NADIA MURAD TO HOLD PRESS CONFERENCE.

October 06, 2018

Nadia Murad, co-recipient of the 2018 Nobel Peace Prize, will make a brief statement and answer questions at the National Press Club in Washington, DC on Monday, October 8th, @ 11 am. Ms. Murad is humbled to receive this award and shares it not only with her co-recipient Dr. Denis Mukwege, but also with all victims of sexual violence globally.
Sexual violence knows no geographic boundaries. Nadia will address her thoughts regarding the Nobel Peace Prize, including the critical issues she hopes the award will bring attention to including sexual violence as an act of war and the importance of rebuilding communities ravaged by genocide. With over 3000 Yazidi women still in captivity, 300,000 living in IDP camps, and the Yazidi homeland of Sinjar uninhabitable, the Yazidi community remains on the verge of collapse.
Murad is a 24-year-old Yazidi woman who advocates on behalf of her community and survivors of genocide and sexual violence. Nadia’s peaceful life was savagely interrupted in 2014 when ISIS attacked her homeland in Sinjar with the intention of ethnically cleansing Iraq of all Yazidis. As a survivor, Murad believes she has the opportunity to be a voice for the forgotten faces of genocide and sexual violence.
Nadia is the founder and president of Nadia’s Initiative, a foundation supporting women and minorities through the redevelopment and stabilization of communities in crisis. Presently, Nadia and her team are focused on the Sinjar region of Iraq through the foundation’s newly created Sinjar Action Fund as well as global advocacy for victims of sexual violence. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Murad believes we must look past what divides us and find what unities us. Hope and humanity must be the cornerstones of what unites us - we owe it to future generations to establish successful examples of reconstruction, unity and justice.
If you would like to attend the conference please submit your contact information, affiliation and questions to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by Sunday 11:59 pm. Press may arrive at 9am.
Date: Monday October 8th 2018
Time: 11am
529 14th Street, NW, 13th Fl,Washington, DC 20045 202-662-7522

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Nadia Murad press conference National Press Club Washington October 8 Empty Re: Nadia Murad press conference National Press Club Washington October 8

Post by annemarie Mon 08 Oct 2018, 01:47

My statement on winning the 2018 Nobel Peace Prize

October 05, 2018

This morning the Nobel Committee informed me that I was selected as a co-recipient of the 2018 Nobel Peace Prize. I am incredibly honored and humbled by their support and I share this award with Yazidis, Iraqis, Kurds, other persecuted minorities and all of the countless victims of sexual violence around the world. 
As a survivor, I am grateful for this opportunity to draw international attention to the plight of the Yazidi people who have suffered unimaginable crimes since the genocide by Daesh, which began in 2014. Many Yazidis will look upon this prize and think of family members that were lost, are still unaccounted for, and of the 3000 women and children, which remain in captivity. Like many minority groups, the Yazidis, have carried the weight of historical persecution. Women in particular have suffered greatly as they have been, and continue to be the victims of sexual violence. 
For myself, I think of my mother, who was murdered by DAESH, the children with whom I grew up, and what we must do to honor them. Persecution of minorities must end. We must work together with determination – to prove that genocidal campaigns will not only fail, but lead to accountability for the perpetrators and justice for the survivors.
We must remain committed to rebuilding communities ravaged by genocide. Survivors deserve a safe and secure pathway home or safe passage elsewhere. We must support efforts to focus on humanity, and overcome political and cultural divisions. We must not only imagine a better future for women, children and persecuted minorities, we must work consistently to make it happen - prioritizing humanity, not war. 
Congratulations to my co-recipient, Dr. Mukwege, a man I admire greatly who has dedicated his life to helping women of sexual violence. 
Thank you to the Nobel Committee for this honor.

I  will organize  a press conference this Monday in Washington DC. The time and place will be announced tomorrow on this page. 

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down