George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Nick Clooney, speaker at the National Society for Newspaper Columnists EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Nick Clooney, speaker at the National Society for Newspaper Columnists EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Nick Clooney, speaker at the National Society for Newspaper Columnists EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Nick Clooney, speaker at the National Society for Newspaper Columnists EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Nick Clooney, speaker at the National Society for Newspaper Columnists EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Nick Clooney, speaker at the National Society for Newspaper Columnists EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Nick Clooney, speaker at the National Society for Newspaper Columnists EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Nick Clooney, speaker at the National Society for Newspaper Columnists EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Nick Clooney, speaker at the National Society for Newspaper Columnists EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Nick Clooney, speaker at the National Society for Newspaper Columnists

+5
it's me
Donnamarie
LizzyNY
carolhathaway
party animal - not!
9 posters

Go down

Nick Clooney, speaker at the National Society for Newspaper Columnists Empty Nick Clooney, speaker at the National Society for Newspaper Columnists

Post by party animal - not! Wed 25 Jul 2018, 14:39

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Nick Clooney, speaker at the National Society for Newspaper Columnists Empty Re: Nick Clooney, speaker at the National Society for Newspaper Columnists

Post by carolhathaway Wed 25 Jul 2018, 16:31

A great speech with so much to think about.
Well done, Mr. Clooney!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Nick Clooney, speaker at the National Society for Newspaper Columnists Empty Re: Nick Clooney, speaker at the National Society for Newspaper Columnists

Post by LizzyNY Wed 25 Jul 2018, 21:34

Wonderful speech. Whole sections of it should be printed in all our newspapers for everyone to read - not just journalism students. He has a lot to say that all of us can benefit from heairing.

George says he didn't go into journalism because he could never be as good as Nick. He's right. Those would be very big shoes to fill.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 25 Jul 2018, 22:15

Smile

Nick has a strong personality
Tough
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 26 Jul 2018, 03:44

Brilliant speech.  Nick is so insightful.  His many years in journalism have served him well.  He has his finger on the pulse of where are country has been and where it is.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 28 Jul 2018, 16:29

"As it happens, Walter Cronkite and his wife, Betsy, and my wife, Nina, and I, late in all of our lives, became very good friends. We had met, briefly, at the Republican National Convention in 1976, but it was years later we spent a long evening together at one of those chicken-and-peas benefit dinners. The conversation got fairly animated and before the night was over, by the strange alchemy through which these things sometime happen, we were friends. Just phone calls at first, then meetings for drinks, then family dinners, a couple of vacations – we did a few speeches together."

Did Nick "borrow" from George, or did George "borrow" from Nick?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 28 Jul 2018, 16:40

We will never know....

What I know is

I like your avatar pic geek
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 28 Jul 2018, 17:01

Thanks It'sMe!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Sat 28 Jul 2018, 18:55

melbert wrote:"As it happens, Walter Cronkite and his wife, Betsy, and my wife, Nina, and I, late in all of our lives, became very good friends. We had met, briefly, at the Republican National Convention in 1976, but it was years later we spent a long evening together at one of those chicken-and-peas benefit dinners. The conversation got fairly animated and before the night was over, by the strange alchemy through which these things sometime happen, we were friends. Just phone calls at first, then meetings for drinks, then family dinners, a couple of vacations – we did a few speeches together."

Did Nick "borrow" from George, or did George "borrow" from Nick?
Yeah, I caught that, too.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sat 28 Jul 2018, 19:03

They're father and son, it's not strange that they use the same expressions; I don't think they even know who said it first.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sat 28 Jul 2018, 22:48

Very Happy
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 05 Aug 2018, 14:40

Go to 1:30

Sweet! I love you
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down