George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
July 2018 Chit Chat EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
July 2018 Chit Chat EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
July 2018 Chit Chat EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
July 2018 Chit Chat EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
July 2018 Chit Chat EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
July 2018 Chit Chat EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
July 2018 Chit Chat EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
July 2018 Chit Chat EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
July 2018 Chit Chat EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

July 2018 Chit Chat

+7
carolhathaway
Admin
Joanna
Donnamarie
Way2Old4Dis
annemarie
melbert
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

July 2018 Chit Chat Empty July 2018 Chit Chat

Post by melbert Sun 01 Jul 2018, 16:58

Happy July everybody!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

July 2018 Chit Chat Empty Re: July 2018 Chit Chat

Post by LizzyNY Sun 01 Jul 2018, 17:45

Hello! Right back at ya, Mel!  Hot enough for you? NY is its usual summer sweat and sizzle. Ugh! Even too hot to go to the beach unless you want to fry - and they say it'll be like this for most of the week.  I hope Ladybug is enjoying her time in the Baked Apple!sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 02 Jul 2018, 16:33

Hi Lizzy,

Wednesday I had coffee in Greenwich Village.  I went to Amateur Night at the Apollo and dined at an Ethiopian restaurant in Harlem for dinner.

Thursday it was raining so stopped at Ruby Tuesday, took an uber to the Metropolitan Opera House, and saw the ballet Don Quixote.  I had the brilliant idea of taking the subway back in my semi-formal maxi dress, only to find out it was not running.  The alternate routes were CRAZY, however it had stopped raining and I eventually made it back with no problem.

Friday I took the Metro to the Bronx Botanical gardens and later dined at a Thai restaurant in China Town; it was delicious!!

Saturday I took the Fairy from Battery Park to 42nd street and back.  I took the Brooklyn bus tour and dined at Jr's. 

Sunday I took the uptown bus tour and went to the Met.  I viewed the Costume exhibit "Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination".  All the pieces were beautiful, the collection from the Vatican was exceptional.  I also viewed the Egyptian and China exhibits.  The exhibits are GIGANTIC!!!

I stay in the Madison Square Gardens area.  I went to Macy's and dined at a couple of restaurants in that area.  Overall good time. 

Glad to be back in Los Angeles!!!
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 02 Jul 2018, 16:40

I'm glad you had a good time. Yes out train system is full of surprises .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 03 Jul 2018, 00:48

Overall it was an adventure trying navigate the transportation system.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 03 Jul 2018, 01:09

Ladybug - Welcome to our world! Very Happy Riding the subway is always an adventure. It's even worse now that they're "fixing" so much of it. Staying in midtown was a good decision because it's so central. It seems like you did an awful lot in a short time. I'm glad you had a good time. What did you think of NY? What did you like best? I'll bet it feels good to get home.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 03 Jul 2018, 03:32

I loved the vibe of the Apollo and the elegance of the Ballet.  The Ethiopian and Thai  restaurants were my favorite food.  I liked Greenwich Village the best.  

The people were EXTREMELY nice; like you said they were helpful with directions.  It was interesting to see so many people from so many different places out and about.  I can't imagine Midtown under snow... Brooklyn is laid out like my view of a city.

I am very happy to be home.  There is no place like home.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 03 Jul 2018, 04:39

Ladybug, sounds like you had a great adventure in the Big Apple.  Glad you had a good time.  I’d really like to get up there to see the Met exhibit and venture over to Brooklyn.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 03 Jul 2018, 13:00

Very Happy Donnamarie, you make Brooklyn sound like a jungle expedition! Don't be scared. Actually, we're quite civilised and for the most part very friendly. Just a short subway ride will get you away from the concrete jungle to the land of trees and family homes and normal neighborhoods. We might not be as exciting or have as many tourist attractions but it's a great place to live.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 03 Jul 2018, 14:09

No,no, no Lizzy.  Not at all. I’ve been wanting to explore Brooklyn for a while.  I have friends who have raved about the area including interesting shops and great restaurants.  Last time I was in NYC my plan was to spend a day in Brooklyn but it just didn’t work.   I’ll get there Smile
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 03 Jul 2018, 14:59

I wasn't aware that my neighbor hood wasn't normal here in Manhattan. July 2018 Chit Chat Icon_biggrin

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 03 Jul 2018, 15:57

Very Happy Give Flowers Annemarie - Mea culpa! Embarassed I didn't mean to imply there aren't great neighborhoods in Manhattan. To me "normal" neighborhoods offer supermarkets, dry cleaners, take-out joints and the like. Stuff we need every day. Tourists rarely spend much time in them. because there's not much special for them to see. Would you travel cross-country to watch someone go grocery shopping?

Tourists tend to hit the famous places they've heard about. Just like, when they come to Brooklyn, they go to Williamsburg and Park Slope and a couple of other famous places and rarely see any of the  dozens of other neighborhoods that make up Brooklyn. I know if I ever see a tourist in my neighborhood they're well and truly lost! Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 03 Jul 2018, 22:23

Congrats to all the Brits:

ENGLAND JUST WON A PENALTY-SHOOTING FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME!!!

And reached the quarter finals at the World Championships! Hurray!!!
A completely new experience for you cheers cheers cheers

(Don't want to offend anybody, it's just my German sense of humor after my team played so badly...)

Last edited by carolhathaway on Tue 03 Jul 2018, 22:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 04 Jul 2018, 00:40

annemarie wrote:I wasn't aware that my neighbor hood wasn't normal here in Manhattan. July 2018 Chit Chat Icon_biggrin
Annemarie, Lizzy,

Have you been to the Apollo?  Have you visited Harlem?

I met a woman from Brooklyn who had never been to the Bronx.

I met a woman from the Bronx who had never been to Brooklyn.

Both people were from somewhere else originally.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 04 Jul 2018, 10:28

Ladybug, I was born and raised in Harlem. I have been to the Apollo. 

Been to Brooklyn as well it has a  lot of different areas.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 04 Jul 2018, 14:07

Wow!!!  interesting to know.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 04 Jul 2018, 14:14

Ladybug - I'm a born and raised New Yorker and I've been to all 5 boroughs many times, although I haven't been to the Apollo.

It doesn't surprise me that the women you met hadn't ventured far from home. Many transplants find the city confusing and intimidating - especially the outer boroughs - and don't go there unless they have to. The mother of one of my students hadn't gone more than 10 blocks from her home in the 12 years she lived here. Extreme, but not unusual.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 04 Jul 2018, 14:37

LizzyNY wrote:Ladybug - I'm a born and raised New Yorker and I've been to all 5 boroughs many times, although I haven't been to the Apollo.

It doesn't surprise me that the women you met hadn't ventured far from home. Many transplants find the city confusing and intimidating - especially the outer boroughs - and don't go there unless they have to. The mother of one of my students hadn't gone more than 10 blocks from her home in the 12 years she lived here. Extreme, but not unusual.
Very, very interesting...
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 04 Jul 2018, 19:13

Happy Independence Day!!!

July 2018 Chit Chat 311465-Happy-Fourth-Of-July-
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 06 Jul 2018, 20:01

carolhathaway wrote:Congrats to all the Brits:

ENGLAND JUST WON A PENALTY-SHOOTING FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME!!!

And reached the quarter finals at the World Championships! Hurray!!!
A completely new experience for you cheers cheers cheers

(Don't want to offend anybody, it's just my German sense of humor after my team played so badly...)

Hey carolhathaway.....THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONGRATS ! X X X

In our house we are So Thrilled that team UK has got this far and can't wait
for the Match Tomorrow......Saturday.

IMO It's all down to Gareth Southgate and his " Man Management Skills "
He gives out so much love to each player.....Even the losing player from Columbia!

Hope you'll continue to enjoy the football ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 06 Jul 2018, 21:46

Jo - I was just going to post a reply to your "not really" offer of money in another thread when I realised I was about to unthinkingly use an expression that would almost definitely be considered offensive today. I was about to call you an "Indian-giver" - which, when I was a kid meant someone who backed out of a promise. It struck me that a Native American would probably find the remark as offensive as I find the expression "to Jew him down"  or the term "Chiink" for a Chinese person.

It started me wondering. Are there expressions that people use carelessly in daily conversation that other COHers find offensive? I'd really like to know.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Fri 06 Jul 2018, 21:48

Jo, I absolutely do still watch football!

At the moment I'm on vacation in Denmark with my family (well, we'll have to leave tomorrow), and had the time to watch a lot of football both on TV and at a pub (where we watched Denmark losing to Croatia in the round of the last sixteen - also on penalty. It was so exciting, in the end people were blocking the street to watch the penalties, and drivers left their cars to watch it as well). 

I'm in a 'prediction  league' at work where we predict all the matches and also who'll become world champion. In the beginning, I said that Argentina would do it, and when they lost, I switched to Brazil. Now I'll have to find a new champion... (my husband first chose Germany and changed to Uruguay, so he's in no better position than myself...)
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 06 Jul 2018, 22:32

It started me wondering. Are there expressions that people use carelessly in daily conversation that other COHers find offensive? I'd really like to know.

Lizzy, another term I stopped using long, long ago is 'gyp,' as in to cheat someone out of something. It's a slur against gypsies, who aren't just wandering vagabonds, as many people still think.

Recently, a fellow writer, whom I had respected, said to me about a White guy he'd met who liked rap and Black women, "Don't take this the wrong way, and you know I'm not a racist, but there's no other way to describe this guy except to call him a whigger." As in 'White nigger.' I took it just the way I should have, and have not spoken to him since.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 07 Jul 2018, 01:50

Way2Old - Watching TMZ tonight and they were discussing a white girl on Big Brother using the N-word by repeating lyrics of a rap song. They couldn't agree if her using the word was racist or not and were arguing over whether it should be used in songs -and if it is, why can't someone of another race use the word in that context? Made my head spin. What do you think?

It just struck me that if we keep telling our kids not to use the N-word, or the b-word, or the c-word eventually they won't know what the original words actually were. They'll think "b-word" or "N-word" is the bad word they shouldn't say. (When Samantha Bee called Ivanka Trump a feckless c..t" a friend of mine (a grownup!) said "They keep saying she called her the "c-word. What c-word?!") I guess that's progress.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 09 Jul 2018, 23:01

WTF?! Just got asked to verify that I'm not a spammer! Anyone else been asked? Weird!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 09 Jul 2018, 23:21

Here on Clooney's Open House?
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 10 Jul 2018, 00:21

I have it happened when I tried to post.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 10 Jul 2018, 00:32

Lizzy, I think 'it' is one of the most degrading and dehumanizing words in the human language, and nobody has a 'right' to use it on another person. And there's no positive way to use it, IMO.

Because of its history, White people should not ever think they have the standing to argue that it's okay for them to use, ever. It's not. And I question the cultural integrity of Black people who think they're reclaiming some sort of 'power' by using it like it's common language.

That said, I've used it artistically, and I guess you could argue that that is the equivalent in using it in a song. But I think there's a difference, because of the context and character specificity that comes with film and not in music. In other words, I control who uses it, how it's used, and the consequences for using it. None of that happens in a song. It's words and a beat and somebody you probably like singing it to you. So it's not just rendered innocuous, it's actually delivered in a way that elevates it.

Not sure how the TMZ argument went, but there's nothing that says you have to suspend cultural sensitivity just because you're singing a song.

Also, I don't think it's going away. I was at a soccer practice recently when a group of White, Latino, and Black teenage boys ran onto the next field. They all used the word conversationally, referring to each other. One of them even made a phone call when their ball busted: "Hey, y'all niggers got a ball? Bring it when you come."

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 10 Jul 2018, 12:07

Way2Old - There are certain words I will never use, and that's one of them. The "reclaiming power" argument seems to be like "He's my brother. I can hit him, you can't" argument - when the truth is, nobody should be hitting anybody.

I understand the difference between using it in prose and using it in a song and agree that when you use it in a song you lose control. But I also feel that if you use it in a song you're promoting its use. How does a fan sing your song without using the word? Do you call them out for using the word that you put there for them to hear and sing? (I think that was what the TMZ argument was about.)

You're right about it not going way. I hear it all the time being used by young boys of all races in conversation with each other. It's as if it's two separate words: one that's basically meaningless that they use among themselves and one that's an insult worth fighting over. I suppose that within their circles they know which is which.

That brings me to my other point. How do you teach a child to never use a word you never use without using it? I know if it's heard on the street or in some random way you can use that as a teachable moment, but if that doesn't happen your kid will know there's an "N-word" he's not supposed to say - but not know what that word actually is. I guess, just like the word itself, those teachable moments aren't going away anytime soon.

Ladybug - Yes, here on COH
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 10 Jul 2018, 13:24

Some months ago, I've had an argument with my sister's husband who's very simple-minded. He used the 'n'-word in a discussion wuith my daughter who was really shocked and asked him how he could ever use this word. When I joined this discussion, he said he's p*** off by political correctness and wants to call everybody theway he wants to, and in his opinion there's nothing wrong with this word. I asked him if he knew anything about the misuse of this word, about abolition, slavery and murder that happened on blacks for centuries. And since he's so simple-minded, he said that he doesn't care.

So I tried to explain it the only way he might understand and said: "What if people came to your pub daily and called you a Nazi? And wouldn't stop even if you asked them to do? And whst if they did the same each time you went outside?" "But I'm no Nazi, maybe my grandfather was." "Exactly, but this doesn't matter. Because if you claim the right to call people by every name you want to use, they have the same right."

He never started a discussion like that again...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 10 Jul 2018, 21:07

Last Sunday, I was at a friend's birthday party. Somebody started talking about the young football team trapped in a cage inThailand, and everybody agreed how horrible this is, how embarassing for the families not knowing if they are still alive etc. 
I absolutely agreed with them, but then I thought: "Why do we show more empathy with them than with families being separated at the Mexican - US border or with others being separated refuging from Syria?" They all have stories to tell, they were forced by circumstances they couldn't influence. Why do professional divers from all the worldcome to Thailand to rescue these kids, and boats aren't allowed to rescue people on boats at the Mediterranean Sea? Why are we happy that these kids were savedand are alive (don't get me wrong: I AM very happy that they were rescued) and don't show as much empathy for parents who don't know where their children are? I don't see any difference.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 10 Jul 2018, 21:53

Carolhathaway - I'm not sure we do show them more empathy. Maybe it's just that their story has a short-term beginning, middle and end that we can follow without guilt. The refugees make us feel uncomfortable because we can't see an end to their problems and don't know how we can fix things.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 11 Jul 2018, 09:47

Lizzy,
I guess you're right. But IMO it shouldn't be right...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 11 Jul 2018, 14:21

Carolhathaway - There's a lot going on in the world today that isn't right. I guess this kind of event, where people can actually do something concrete to help, makes a lot of people feel less helpless. We can't make the fighting in the middle east stop, we can't stop terrorists from hating, but we can save these boys. Maybe, for some, that's a sign that we still have some control - that wee can still make a difference - one step at a time.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 11 Jul 2018, 16:11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJGG6xBrUnU

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 12 Jul 2018, 06:35

I'm sorry that football won't be coming home this year...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 12 Jul 2018, 12:39

Mmm, they all seem like nice guys, don't they?

Here's a giggle

https://twitter.com/rudybouma/status/1015654368090185728

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 12 Jul 2018, 14:07

PAN - Saw that video yesterday. Reminded me that cats are a law unto themselves and we just exist to serve them - they own us! The video in the comments section of the cat climbing the cop is hilarious! Thanks! Thumbs up!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 12 Jul 2018, 19:36

Thanks for that PAN!  Too funny.  At first I thought the cat was Trump’s hair on the move affraid
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 14 Jul 2018, 16:30

LizzyNY wrote:Jo - I was just going to post a reply to your "not really" offer of money in another thread when I realised I was about to unthinkingly use an expression that would almost definitely be considered offensive today. I was about to call you an "Indian-giver" - which, when I was a kid meant someone who backed out of a promise. It struck me that a Native American would probably find the remark as offensive as I find the expression "to Jew him down"  or the term "Chiink" for a Chinese person.

Hi Lizzy.....I'm afraid my brain is confused about my "not really offer of money"
and you nearly using an offensive reply.

I've never heard the expression "Indian-giver" and can only assume that
it's a NY expression ??

Whatever was I talking about at the time please ?  LOL. 

I'd be SO grateful to know..... affraid 

(I'm on so much medication that I get befuddled at times. LOL.). confused

Sleep confused Sleep

PS.....I hate people using the expressions in my company of "ponce or limp wrist" 
when talking about a man who is gay. I had to challenge a relative about that once,
when he was talking about an old school friend of his.

Also I dislike sayings like "For God's Sake" or any kind of blasphemous saying
when I'd rather they say "For F###'s Sake"

No offence meant. X
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 14 Jul 2018, 20:10

Jo - My memory doesn't work too well either (and that's without medication  Very Happy) so  I had to go back and look.

It was on the AFI Life Achievement Award thread. We were talking about Grant's acting career and you brought up George's "Marmite Film". I quote:

"NOW There's a Challenge for You All" and "$5 to the first to mention it here.....NOT. LOL"
(Hence my almost use of the expression meaning offering something and then taking it back. - by the way, not just a NY expression. Used throughout the US.) Very Happy Still have no clue what you meant. Do you know? Very Happy

"Ponce" and "limp wrist" aren't expressions used much over here - especially "ponce", but we have our own equally insulting words that mostly  (IMO) very sexually insecure men use.

Absolutely no offense taken by anything you have ever said! Hope you soon fell well enough to ditch the meds. Give Flowers Give Flowers
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 14 Jul 2018, 23:29

LizzyNY wrote:Jo - My memory doesn't work too well either (and that's without medication  Very Happy) so  I had to go back and look.

It was on the AFI Life Achievement Award thread. We were talking about Grant's acting career and you brought up George's "Marmite Film". I quote:

"NOW There's a Challenge for You All" and "$5 to the first to mention it here.....NOT. LOL"
(Hence my almost use of the expression meaning offering something and then taking it back. - by the way, not just a NY expression. Used throughout the US.) Very Happy Still have no clue what you meant. Do you know? Very Happy

"Ponce" and "limp wrist" aren't expressions used much over here - especially "ponce", but we have our own equally insulting words that mostly  (IMO) very sexually insecure men use.

Absolutely no offense taken by anything you have ever said! Hope you soon fell well enough to ditch the meds. Give Flowers Give Flowers

Thank you Lizzy......I'm with it now !

Reference to George's "Marmite Film" is .... LEATHERHEADS.

"One either likes it or hates it"

lol!

BTW......Thank you for your comments in the last paragraph of your post.

It's much appreciated.   Give Flowers2
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 14 Jul 2018, 23:38

LizzyNY wrote:WTF?! Just got asked to verify that I'm not a spammer! Anyone else been asked? Weird!

WOW LIZZY......Golly Gosh !      affraid    affraid

How did you reply ??? 

How did you verify ?

Not with your password I hope ?    sunny
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 14 Jul 2018, 23:51

Jo - Sincerely meant! Give Flowers
Very Happy PS - Just in case you were thinking of paying up, you owe Donnamarie  $5!  lol!

No - just answered a couple of questions. Very strange, but they didn't ask anything meaningful so I don't know what it was about. They got Annemarie, too. I wonder if it has anything to do with us both being in NY. I have no clue. scratch
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 15 Jul 2018, 00:52

By George I got it cheers

Joanna, I’ll pass on the $5 that you owe me if you just promise to keep visiting us here.... befuddled on meds or not!  We all love hearing from you.  How else would I have ever known what a “Marmite Film” is?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 15 Jul 2018, 01:24

Question Could one of you please explain it to me? I still don't know what it means, scratch
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 15 Jul 2018, 01:30

LizzyNY wrote:Question Could one of you please explain it to me? I still don't know what it means, scratch
July 2018 Chit Chat 2Q==
Some people love it.  Some people hate it.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 15 Jul 2018, 06:29

Was it in Leatherheads ?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 15 Jul 2018, 07:01

it's me wrote:Was it in Leatherheads ?
Not to my knowledge.

I've never tried Marmite and I really loved "Leatherheads".

What about you?
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 15 Jul 2018, 07:32

Ok, are you ALL on medication here or what?! Smile

Marmite - it's an advertising slogan "you either love it or hate it". Which means that in the UK now, if you want to say something is a thing you'll either love or hate, you can call it a 'marmite thing'. In this case, Leatherheads is a marmite film.

About the spammer block, this site does occasionally stop and ask for credentials. Usually it's when people post quickly in succession, it looks like an automated spam attack and the system stops you and asks for verification.

Have a good Sunday everyone!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next