George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Amal upsets Tom Ford by not wearing his red dress first at the Met Gala EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal upsets Tom Ford by not wearing his red dress first at the Met Gala EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Amal upsets Tom Ford by not wearing his red dress first at the Met Gala EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal upsets Tom Ford by not wearing his red dress first at the Met Gala EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Amal upsets Tom Ford by not wearing his red dress first at the Met Gala EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Amal upsets Tom Ford by not wearing his red dress first at the Met Gala EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Amal upsets Tom Ford by not wearing his red dress first at the Met Gala EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Amal upsets Tom Ford by not wearing his red dress first at the Met Gala EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Amal upsets Tom Ford by not wearing his red dress first at the Met Gala EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal upsets Tom Ford by not wearing his red dress first at the Met Gala

4 posters

Go down

Amal upsets Tom Ford by not wearing his red dress first at the Met Gala Empty Amal upsets Tom Ford by not wearing his red dress first at the Met Gala

Post by party animal - not! Wed 16 May 2018, 09:13

Proof if proof were needed that you have to do what the stylists tell you and not make up your own mind!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And this headline does mot reflect the words because she obviously checked it out with him

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Amal upsets Tom Ford by not wearing his red dress first at the Met Gala Empty Re: Amal upsets Tom Ford by not wearing his red dress first at the Met Gala

Post by Doug Ross Wed 16 May 2018, 12:12

I don't think it's true. Richard Quill said that he was contacted weeks before to work on Amal drees, it was 't a last minute thing. And the Tom Ford dress was beautiful but, like we already said, wasn't enough for the red carpet, considers that she was one of the hosts.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Amal upsets Tom Ford by not wearing his red dress first at the Met Gala Empty Re: Amal upsets Tom Ford by not wearing his red dress first at the Met Gala

Post by LizzyNY Wed 16 May 2018, 13:33

Interesting that Anna Wintour saya Amal "insisted" on changing into the dress for the after-party. I saw something online the other day where a "source" said absolutely nothing happens at the Gala without Wintour's permission - including that she tells the women attending which designer to wear.

I can understand Tom Ford being a bit annoyed. If Amal hadn't worn the dress someone else could have gotten it a lot more attention at a different red carpet event.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 16 May 2018, 13:42

But if Tom didn't want Amal to wear the dress, he would have take it back, right? I have no idea how these things work. 

I'm sorry for all the typos in my previous comment, I was writing from my phone.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 16 May 2018, 14:01

I don't know how it works, either. Was Tom Ford there? I guess if he personally asked Amal not to wear the dress she would have given it back. I don't think his "people" would have had that authority - or the nerve.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 16 May 2018, 14:55

I don't think he was there, I don't remember seeing any pictures of him.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 16 May 2018, 14:56

This is the fail trying to create drama, the first dress was obviously for that moment, it was grand the second one was better for the party.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 16 May 2018, 15:30

I don't know what the facts really are, but Wendy Williams (who usually ignores Clooney news) just did a segment on this.  She didn't know any more than we do, but did say that since Amal has "arrived" - and as long as she is married to George -  Tom Ford will still work with her in the future. She also said Amal made the right choice of which dress to wear on the red carpet.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 16 May 2018, 15:33

For sure, Quinn's dress was more "appropriate" for the red carpet. 

Ford knows that on Amal his dresses will get attention. Not that he needs Amal, anyway.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 17 May 2018, 11:54

People magazine - exaggeration and Tom Ford denial

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 17 May 2018, 12:30

[size=40]Amal Clooney's Tom Ford Met Dress Drama Is a 'Total Exaggeration': Source
[url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/link/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fstyle%2Famal-clooney-tom-ford-met-gala-dress-drama%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F05%2Famal-clooney3.jpg&description=Amal Clooney%27s Tom Ford Met Dress Drama Is a %27Total Exaggeration%27%3A Source][/url][url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Amal Clooney%27s Tom Ford Met Dress Drama Is a %27Total Exaggeration%27%3A Source][/url][/size]

KAITLYN FREY 
May 16, 2018 04:20 PM

What dress drama?
Despite reports that the team at Tom Ford was upset that Met Gala co-chair Amal Clooney opted not to wear one of its gowns on the Met red carpet hours before the event, sources confirm to PEOPLE that the tension is actually nonexistent.
“This has been blown completely out of proportion,” a source close to Tom Ford tells PEOPLE. “No one on at Tom Ford is irate and it’s a total exaggeration.”
According to the initial report from Page Six, the designers at Tom Ford spent “weeks” creating a Met Gala gown for Clooney, which she ultimately decided not to wear on the red carpet. Instead the barrister went with what sources told Page Six was a “backup” look by British designer Richard Quinn.
Vogue said in a statement to PEOPLE, ““We thought Amal looked beautiful and we loved working with her.”
The team at Tom Ford is releasing no official comment regarding the matter.

[url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/link/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fstyle%2Famal-clooney-tom-ford-met-gala-dress-drama%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F05%2Famal.jpg&description=Amal Clooney%27s Tom Ford Met Dress Drama Is a %27Total Exaggeration%27%3A Source][/url]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SHUTTERSTOCK
Rather than wearing the confection designed by Richard Quinn for the entire event, Clooney actually ended up switching into the full-length crimson Tom Ford gown designed to look like a stained-glass window. (She pulled the quick change in the Met Gala gift shop!) She wore the glittering gown until the end of the night.
Looking for more style content? Click here to subscribe to the PeopleStyle Newsletter for amazing shopping discounts, can’t-live-without beauty products and more.
“They were annoyed, obviously, but they were gracious, and said it was fine to go with [another designer], but they would prefer that Amal not wear the dress at all if she wasn’t going to wear it on the Met Ball red carpet,” the source told Page Six.

[url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/link/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fstyle%2Famal-clooney-tom-ford-met-gala-dress-drama%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F05%2Famal-clooney3.jpg&description=Amal Clooney%27s Tom Ford Met Dress Drama Is a %27Total Exaggeration%27%3A Source][/url]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MMV/BACKGRID
During an appearance on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert following the Met Gala, Vogue’s Editor-in-Chief and host of the Costume Institute’s benefit Anna Wintour spilled the details about Clooney’s quick outfit change.
RELATED PHOTOS: The Best Dressed Stars at the Met Gala’s ‘Heavenly 

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down