George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George's birthday greeting to Rande Gerber EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George's birthday greeting to Rande Gerber EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George's birthday greeting to Rande Gerber EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George's birthday greeting to Rande Gerber EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George's birthday greeting to Rande Gerber EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George's birthday greeting to Rande Gerber EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George's birthday greeting to Rande Gerber EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George's birthday greeting to Rande Gerber EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George's birthday greeting to Rande Gerber EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George's birthday greeting to Rande Gerber

+7
Doug Ross
PigPen
hairyhound
Donnamarie
benex
it's me
party animal - not!
11 posters

Go down

George's birthday greeting to Rande Gerber Empty George's birthday greeting to Rande Gerber

Post by party animal - not! Fri 27 Apr 2018, 17:56

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George's birthday greeting to Rande Gerber Empty Re: George's birthday greeting to Rande Gerber

Post by it's me Fri 27 Apr 2018, 18:20

So
Where is him ?!? Shocked

No Italy ? Crying or Very sad
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

George's birthday greeting to Rande Gerber Empty Re: George's birthday greeting to Rande Gerber

Post by annemarie Fri 27 Apr 2018, 18:22

[size=40]George Clooney Roasts Longtime Pal and Business Partner Rande Gerber on His 56th Birthday
[url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/link/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fmovies%2Fgeorge-clooney-roasts-rande-gerber-birthday%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F12%2Fgeorge-clooney.jpg&description=George Clooney Roasts Longtime Pal and Business Partner Rande Gerber on His 56th Birthday][/url][url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=George Clooney Roasts Longtime Pal and Business Partner Rande Gerber on His 56th Birthday [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] via @people][/url][/size]

Play
[size=10]
[size=10]Mute

[/size][/size]
0:00

/

1:31
[size][size][size]
Loaded: 0%

Progress: 0%

[/size][/size][/size]

Fullscreen

[size][size]
YOU MIGHT LIKE

KIM KARDASHIAN CELEBRATES KOURTNEY'S BIRTHDAY AT DINNER WITH FRIENDS INCLUDING KHLOÉ'S BFFS IN L.A.[/size]
MELODY CHIU 
April 27, 2018 11:45 AM

Rande Gerber is another year older, but his best friend George Clooney could not care less.
In a video shot at their Casamigos offices in L.A. (shared exclusively with PEOPLE), the 56-year-old actor roasts his longtime pal and business partner on his big day.
“Well, uh, happy birthday. I’m really happy it’s your birthday,” deadpans Clooney in the clip as Gerber — who turned 56 on Friday — chuckles. “Couldn’t give a s—, really. Really couldn’t give a s—. Happy birthday.”

Gerber and Clooney are expected to attend the Met Gala with their wives — Cindy Crawford and Amal Clooney, respectively — on May 7 one day after the actor celebrates his own birthday.

[url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/link/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fmovies%2Fgeorge-clooney-roasts-rande-gerber-birthday%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F12%2Fgeorge-clooney.jpg&description=George Clooney Roasts Longtime Pal and Business Partner Rande Gerber on His 56th Birthday][/url]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Denise Truscello/WireImage
Last year, Gerber and Crawford jetted to London to surprise Clooney during his birthday weekend. “Amal set it all up and made it a joint birthday celebration since Rande’s birthday was just a couple of weeks ago,” a source told PEOPLE at the time.
RELATED VIDEO: George Clooney Describes the First Time He Met Amal — Without Even Leaving His House!

[/size]
[size=32][size=32]Play Video[/size][/size]
[size]
[size=10]YOU MIGHT LIKE

GEORGE & AMAL CLOONEY SHOW SUPPORT FOR GUN VIOLENCE PREVENTION AT D.C. MARCH FOR OUR LIVES EVENT
GEORGE CLOONEY CELEBRATES RANDE GERBER'S BIRTHDAY[/size]
The Clooneys have recently been spending quality time together in New York City, where the international human rights attorney is currently teaching at Columbia University.
[/size]

• Want to keep up on the latest from PEOPLE? Sign up for our daily newsletter to get our best stories of the day delivered straight to your inbox.

[size]
The couple also headed to Washington D.C. last month to support gun violence prevention at the March For Our Lives event and donated $500,000 in the name of their 10-month-old twins Ella and Alexander.

[url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/link/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fmovies%2Fgeorge-clooney-roasts-rande-gerber-birthday%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F04%2Fgeorge-amal-clooney.jpg&description=George Clooney Roasts Longtime Pal and Business Partner Rande Gerber on His 56th Birthday][/url]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Kevin Winter/Getty
Last June, Gerber told Good Morning America he and Clooney were “kind of shocked” when they were offered a whopping $1 billion to sell Casamigos, the tequila company they started in 2013 with Mike Meldman.
“I think the most important thing for us though is, we really love what we do, and we love what we made and we want to keep drinking it and keep the team together,” Gerber told the show.[/size]

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by benex Fri 27 Apr 2018, 18:30

benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 27 Apr 2018, 18:31

The first information we read said the filming would start in mid may. Maybe, what they are doing right now doesn't involve George. He is probably in Los Angeles working .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 27 Apr 2018, 18:53

Could the message have been recorded at an earlier time?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 27 Apr 2018, 19:00

Sure

Or so I hope Rolling Eyes
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 27 Apr 2018, 19:11

Hard to know, but we know Amal's been at Columbia this week and he's been in Italy. I suspect they're all in NYC in the new place. No comings and goings at the other place this week. Met Ball next week........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 27 Apr 2018, 20:15

Crazy man Razz
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by hairyhound Sat 28 Apr 2018, 12:59

party animal - not! wrote:Hard to know, but we know Amal's been at Columbia this week and he's been in Italy. I suspect they're all in NYC in the new place. No comings and goings at the other place this week.  Met Ball next week........
Nope Amal was in Columbia about two weeks ago... she met Zeid al hussein even before the baby photo was taken but they posted it on twitter recently. btw they are in como now, the whole family according to two local italian newspapers. 

hairyhound
hairyhound
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 28 Apr 2018, 15:06

Clooney and family arrived on Lake Como
In advance of the previous summers, here is the American actor.
shares

Here they are again! George Clooney and his family have recently returned to the beloved shores of Lake Como, precisely in Laglio.

Clooney and family have arrived
The American actor will spend a few relaxing days at Villa Oleandra with his wife Amal, whom he fell in love with in Como, and their little twins, born in June 2017. To celebrate, next May 6 there will be the birthday of George who evidently chose Como to put out the candles in peace.

From mid May in Sardinia

Italian paparazzi will have to be careful not to be too intrusive, as had been the French colleagues. Surely in the coming days Laglio are expected many fans looking for some selfie with George. In fact, from mid-May, the actor will be busy in Sardinia with the shooting of a new miniseries, Catch-22

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 28 Apr 2018, 15:10

igital Edition | Subscriptions | Necrologie |
HOME CHRONACA LAGLIO, GEORGE CLOONEY HAS ARRIVED ALSO AMAL AND I GEMELLINI
Laglio, George Clooney has arrived There are also Amal and the twins George Clooney photographed last summer with his wife Amal at Harry's Bar in Cernobbio
(Photo by Andrea Butti)
Saturday 28 April 2018
 (3)
Facebook
Twitter
Google plus
Laglio, George Clooney has arrived

There are also Amal and the twins

The Hollywood star on the banks of the Lario well ahead of the past. Here is the birthday party on May 6th. And then shooting in Sardinia

Paparazzi on the offshore boats and bodyguards. He, with Amal and the twins, "barricaded" at Villa Oleandra. Yes, with the arrival of George Clooney is back "Lagliowood". The great American actor arrived the other night with the whole family in tow. The coming and going of service personnel and suppliers from the beautiful house by the lake had already foretold a few weeks the imminent arrival of the Hollywood star, and so it was. Mai Clooney, honorary citizen of the country, arrived in Laglio so in advance of the summer season. The well-informed support that he will spend right on the bank of the Lario the birthday party (May 6) number 57. Most likely the Clooney family has arrived at Laglio to spend some time relaxing in view of the upcoming and upcoming professional commitments of George from May 13 to July he will be engaged in Sardinia in the double role of co-director and performer of "Catch-22", miniseries in six episodes taken from the novel "Comma 22" by Joseph Heller.

Extensive service on La Provincia on Saturday 28 April

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 28 Apr 2018, 19:18

Since the Met Gala is next Monday , they should be back here by the weekend.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 28 Apr 2018, 22:49

I wonder if they'll just fly in for the gala and then head right back to Italy. It seems like her teaching stint may be coming to an end so there's no need for them to stay here. If it was me, I'd leave the kids in Italy with Granny and the nanny and fly over for the gala - then back to Lake Como to celebrate George's birthday.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 29 Apr 2018, 23:11

Between Birthdays and the Met Gala there's a lot to look forward to.  It's nice to know Rande and Cindy will be attending with George and Amal. The Met Gala theme is very interesting, I'm looking forward to the beautiful gowns and dapper tux.  One more week to the festivities...  
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Mon 30 Apr 2018, 00:40

What's the theme?

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 30 Apr 2018, 02:04

Doug Ross wrote:What's the theme?
the show title-- heavenly bodies and the Catholic imagination
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Mon 30 Apr 2018, 02:06

Oh, thank you. I don't know what to expect.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 30 Apr 2018, 02:23

ladybug wrote:the show title-- heavenly bodies and the Catholic imagination
Am I the only one who doesn't have a clue what that "theme" is supposed to mean? I'm glad I don't have to decide what to wear for this gala. I just keep picturing a nun's habit! Smile
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Mon 30 Apr 2018, 12:07

Same here, Lizzy. 
But, usually, the dresses never match the theme of the Met, so we'll see.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 30 Apr 2018, 15:47

Yeah, I think the theme can be so 'creatively' (read loosely) interpreted that pretty much anything goes every year.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 30 Apr 2018, 15:58

The thing is some of them don't even try to meet the theme. Come on you have some of the biggest designers designing your outfit and it's the same old same.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 30 Apr 2018, 16:41

LizzyNY wrote:
Am I the only one who doesn't have a clue what that "theme" is supposed to mean? I'm glad I don't have to decide what to wear for this gala. I just keep picturing a nun's habit! Smile
The actual theme is A-M-A-L.  And you wear whatever gets you the most attention.   sarcasm

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Mon 30 Apr 2018, 17:02

PigPen wrote:
LizzyNY wrote:
The actual theme is A-M-A-L.  And you wear whatever gets you the most attention.   sarcasm

Funny enough, I think this is actually the real reason behind every Met Gala.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 01 May 2018, 05:01

annemarie wrote:The thing is some of them don't even try to meet the theme. Come on you have some of the biggest designers designing your outfit and it's the same old same.
True, but when people get creative with fashion, there's a huge number of nay sayers. Look at what happens here whenever Amal wears something that isn't a classic or hasn't been acceptably fashionable for at least 50 years. Playing it safe is boring but protects the celebs from criticism because real fashion is cutting edge and just downright risky.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 01 May 2018, 12:45

Katy - I agree that being avante garde invites criticism, but besides being fun and interesting fashion is supposed, IMO, to be flattering. I think too many designers today have forgotten that and only want to shock us with how outrageous they can be.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 01 May 2018, 15:31

I can see this one going really wrong , I mean I think nun's habits and crosses , or angels when I think of this event.

You know some catholic is going to be pissed off by something someone is wearing , I can't wait to see what Madonna comes up with if she shows.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 01 May 2018, 16:09

I can't wait to see if Amal goes looker or hooker.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 02 May 2018, 07:06

LizzyNY wrote:Katy - I agree that being avante garde invites criticism, but besides being fun and interesting fashion is supposed, IMO, to be flattering. I think too many designers today have forgotten that and only want to shock us with how outrageous they can be.
Not so sure about that. It's not designers today; look at Jean Paul Gaultier or Alexander McQueen: they've been shocking for decades and there are many more examples. Couture isn't meant to be flattering; it's art. And like art, can be fuck ugly. I have no time for Jasper Johns for example, yet I wouldn't try to argue that his paintings weren't art. The same with fashion: more than half of what you see in Vogue each month isn't something you could easily wear in public every day (even if you could afford it) but that's not the point of it.

I'm really intrigued as to what Amal has lined up for the gala. Could go either way IMO!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down