George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
See the Gun Control Pin Many Stars Will Be Wearing to the 2018 Oscars EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
See the Gun Control Pin Many Stars Will Be Wearing to the 2018 Oscars EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
See the Gun Control Pin Many Stars Will Be Wearing to the 2018 Oscars EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
See the Gun Control Pin Many Stars Will Be Wearing to the 2018 Oscars EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
See the Gun Control Pin Many Stars Will Be Wearing to the 2018 Oscars EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
See the Gun Control Pin Many Stars Will Be Wearing to the 2018 Oscars EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
See the Gun Control Pin Many Stars Will Be Wearing to the 2018 Oscars EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
See the Gun Control Pin Many Stars Will Be Wearing to the 2018 Oscars EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
See the Gun Control Pin Many Stars Will Be Wearing to the 2018 Oscars EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

See the Gun Control Pin Many Stars Will Be Wearing to the 2018 Oscars

Go down

See the Gun Control Pin Many Stars Will Be Wearing to the 2018 Oscars Empty See the Gun Control Pin Many Stars Will Be Wearing to the 2018 Oscars

Post by Admin Sat 03 Mar 2018, 03:42

Gosh.  Soon they'll have so many pins, they won't actually need to wear clothes. Is it me, or is this just getting silly now? How many bandwagons can the Hollywood airheads jump on at once? Yes, I'm cranky this morning. Not enough coffee.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

See the Gun Control Pin Many Stars Will Be Wearing to the 2018 Oscars
by LINDSAY FARBER | Fri., Mar. 2, 2018 4:44 PM

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Celebrities are gearing up to show their support for gun control at this year's Oscars.

According to People, stars will be raising awareness by donning a Wear Orange to Prevent Gun Violence pin from Michael Bloomberg's advocacy group, Everytown for Gun Safety.

In addition to supporting gun control, many celebrities plan to wear the black and white Time's Up pin that caught the attention of viewers at the Golden Globes earlier this year, as well.

In past months, Everytown has included celebrities in their PSAs to help spread the word, most recently Julianne Moore and Emma Stone following the tragic Las Vegas shooting in October that killed 58 people. BeyoncéJamie FoxxJulia Louis-DreyfusAmy Poehler and Paul Rudd have also appeared in the videos to lend support.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Doug Peters/PA Images/INSTARimages.com

This year's Oscars comes just two weeks following a mass shootingat Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, FL, which left 17 students dead on Feb. 14. Following the incident, stars including George ClooneyOprah Winfrey, and Steven Spielberghave all donated $500,000 to the March for Our Lives protest that is set for March 24 in Washington D.C.

"Amal and I are so inspired by the courage and eloquence of these young men and women from Stoneman Douglas High School," Clooney said in a statement.

"Our family will be there on March 24 to stand side by side with this incredible generation of young people from all over the country, and in the name of our children Ella and Alexander, we're donating $500,000 to help pay for this groundbreaking event. Our children's lives depend on it."

"George and Amal, I couldn't agree with you more," Winfrey tweeted, inspired by Clooney's move. "I am joining forces with you and will match your $500,000 donation to ‘March for Our Lives.' These inspiring young people remind me of the Freedom Riders of the '60s who also said we've had ENOUGH and our voices will be heard."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down