George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George-Clooney and Scooter Braun-march-for-our-lives-fundraising EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George-Clooney and Scooter Braun-march-for-our-lives-fundraising EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George-Clooney and Scooter Braun-march-for-our-lives-fundraising EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George-Clooney and Scooter Braun-march-for-our-lives-fundraising EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George-Clooney and Scooter Braun-march-for-our-lives-fundraising EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George-Clooney and Scooter Braun-march-for-our-lives-fundraising EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George-Clooney and Scooter Braun-march-for-our-lives-fundraising EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George-Clooney and Scooter Braun-march-for-our-lives-fundraising EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
George-Clooney and Scooter Braun-march-for-our-lives-fundraising EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George-Clooney and Scooter Braun-march-for-our-lives-fundraising

+3
Donnamarie
party animal - not!
ladybugcngc
7 posters

Go down

George-Clooney and Scooter Braun-march-for-our-lives-fundraising Empty George-Clooney and Scooter Braun-march-for-our-lives-fundraising

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 28 Feb 2018, 15:44

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney, Scooter Braun

Secretly Major Forces Behind March for Our Lives
George Clooney and Scooter Braun are secretly working behind the scenes for the March for Our Lives campaign ... and TMZ knows this all because we wanted to find out how many MOL t-shirts were sold.

One of our producers emailed members of the campaign triggered by the Marjory Stoneman Douglas shooting. She wanted to know how many sweatshirts, t-shirts and other merch items have been sold to raise money for the upcoming marches -- in particular, the march in Washington to ban assault rifles and end gun violence.

We were told over 22,000 items have been sold, but our producer wanted to know more, and she was referred to a woman who is running the fundraising campaign. Turns out ... the woman works for Scooter Braun.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]After more digging, we found out Scooter is deeply involved in the fundraising efforts but was determined not to take the spotlight away from the students, so he used one of his employees for cover. As you know, Scooter organized the Manchester charity event for the victims of the Ariana Grande concert bombing.

We also found out Clooney, who donated $500k to March For Our Lives, is actively working behind the scenes to provide various forms of help. And sources at MOL tell us Clooney is the one who started the behind-the-scenes work and recruited Braun and others. 

We're assuming they've done all this on the QT because they feel it would diminish the impact of the movement if celebrities appear to be running the show -- the students are the ones changing hearts and minds and it's important it stays that way.

Clooney tells TMZ, "Amal and I fully support the students of Marjory Stoneman Douglas. We've donated money to help pay for their march. But the march and all of the activities surrounding this movement belong to the young people across the country."

Clooney goes on ... "To suggest anything else would not only be completely inaccurate but also undercut the courage and determination of these incredible kids. They make me proud to be an American."
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

George-Clooney and Scooter Braun-march-for-our-lives-fundraising Empty Re: George-Clooney and Scooter Braun-march-for-our-lives-fundraising

Post by party animal - not! Wed 28 Feb 2018, 17:53

Am impressed with both of them.

Scooter Braun was amazing at pulling that concert together so quickly to honour all those who died in the Manchester Arena. And we's always known how brill George has been at the heart of similar events

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George-Clooney and Scooter Braun-march-for-our-lives-fundraising Empty Re: George-Clooney and Scooter Braun-march-for-our-lives-fundraising

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 28 Feb 2018, 18:40

I agree PAN,

I don't remember a time when George Clooney was so determine to speak against gun violence.  When it's children murdering children it's extremely disturbing.

I'm happy to see George Clooney and other celebrities lending a voice to speak against gun violence that results in murder like Parkland school, San Bernardino, Manchester Arena, Las Vegas... along with the narrative to change gun laws.  As a Godparent, I also think it's important to take steps, that ensure our children are left out of the crosshairs of murder.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 28 Feb 2018, 19:16

These marches on March 24th will be huge. It will take a massive amount of coordination to organize these events.  I know that George cares deeply to make sure these kid’s voices will be heard.  Kudos to him and Scott Braun for offering their help. Terrific!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 28 Feb 2018, 22:29

I wish TMZ had had the brains to keep their mouth shut! The right-wing conspiracy theorists are already out there saying this is proof that the kids are being coached and it's all a left-wing plot - because if Clooney is involved it has to be. Damn!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 28 Feb 2018, 23:53

he has to be really careful
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 01 Mar 2018, 02:00

The right wing conspiracy theorists and trolls had already started their attacks before George got involved.  Their accusations and insinuations of the Florida high school students have been despicable.  I don’t doubt that George realized what the reaction would be if news got out that he was helping with this event.  But whether or not George had offered his help I think it’s a foregone conclusion that the conspiracy theorists will be spreading any lies to discredit this march.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 01 Mar 2018, 02:44

From ‘The Mercury News’ with some info on other groups who are lending their organizational and logistical support for the march:

Oops.  Sorry ... I mistakingly referred to Mr. Braun as Scott INSTEAD of Scooter in an earlier post

Last edited by Donnamarie on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 02:46; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct spelling..another oops)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 02 Mar 2018, 04:28

REPORT: George Clooney And Scooter Braun Organizing March For Our Life Gun March
Jena Greene | Contributor

There’s been wall-to-wall coverage of high schoolers and other supposed grassroots activists trying to orchestrate stricter gun laws this month. Some news outlets are doing a bang up job of trying to convince the general population that the NRA is a bigger threat to national security than hapless immigration and radical islamic terrorism combined. And anybody who defends the Second Amendment must be against the brave children who are finally taking a stand against violence, we’re told.

But according to TMZ, it may not be the children taking a stand against the violence. At least not entirely.

A TMZ producer reportedly emailed the March For Our Lives campaign – the ‘grassroots’ march on Washington that’s allegedly organizing a march on Washington this March to demand gun control. The producer wanted to know how many items related to the march have been sold, and who’s running the campaign.

The producer’s March For Our Lives contact blew their cover instantly – and referred the producer to a woman who works for Scooter Braun – aka Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande’s talent manager. Braun organized Ariana Grande’s charity concert after the Manchester City bombing and is now apparently working hand-in-glove with George Clooney to organize the March For Our Lives.

It’s been previously reported that Clooney donated $500,000 to the campaign – but the actor positioned himself as a spectator rather than an instrumental organizer behind the movement.

After the donation was made public, he told TMZ, “Amal and I fully support the students of Marjory Stoneman Douglas. We’ve donated money to help pay for their march. But the march and all of the activities surrounding this movement belong to the young people across the country…To suggest anything else would not only be completely inaccurate but also undercut the courage and determination of these incredible kids. They make me proud to be an American.”

But this producer’s digging sheds light on a very different truth.

“We’re assuming they’ve done all this on the QT because they feel it would diminish the impact of the movement if celebrities appear to be running the show — the students are the ones changing hearts and minds and it’s important it stays that way,” TMZ reports.

It’s one thing if you’re going to donate some cash to a few traumatized high schoolers who want to make a difference in the world. But we’re dealing with a whole different ball of wax if George Clooney and his little buddy Scooter are legitimately propping kids up to go be a part of a movement that they singlehandedly organized. That’s the equivalent of a stage mom forcing her kid to participate in the school play by bribing them with snacks and extra dollar of allowance – but telling all her friends that her kid loves theatre and can’t wait to get to rehearsal every day. Except this is 500,000 worse.

Follow Jena on Twitter.

[size=12][size=9]share on facebook[/size]
[size=9] tweet this[/size]
[size=9] share on google[/size]
[size=9] show comments[/size][/size]

Jena Green
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Fri 02 Mar 2018, 06:26

The question is if George and Scooter Braun started the march and used the kids by asking them to join them or if the kids started it and George jumped on the bandwagon and asked Scooter to help them. 
As far as I understood the whole issue, it's the second version. Because the young people started protesting directly after the shooting, after seeing their friends dying, they also decided to march at a very early stage. And maybe they decided to accept George's offer because they realized that they need any help they can get.

I don't know if a shooting at another school had had the same impact. I also don't understand why the parents and grandparents of the kids at Sandy Hooks didn't rally aggressively, but maybe it's because youngsters aren't willing to compromize which older people are.

Last edited by carolhathaway on Fri 02 Mar 2018, 06:34; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added text)
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 02 Mar 2018, 07:04

carolhathaway wrote:The question is if George and Scooter Braun started the march and used the kids by asking them to join them or if the kids started it and George jumped on the bandwagon and asked Scooter to help them. 
As far as I understood the whole issue, it's the second version. Because the young people started protesting directly after the shooting, after seeing their friends dying, they also decided to march at a very early stage. And maybe they decided to accept George's offer because they realized that they need any help they can get.

I don't know if a shooting at another school had had the same impact. I also don't understand why the parents and grandparents of the kids at Sandy Hooks didn't rally aggressively, but maybe it's because youngsters aren't willing to compromize which older people are.
Carol,

When I originally read the Twitter post, it talked about the parents of Parkland students were strategic in helping the children with organizing the march, protest, and stand against gun violence.  I had no idea what I copied and pasted was a completely different article.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 02 Mar 2018, 09:23

It's really hard do say something without knowing the whole thing

I keep thinking he better no steal the light
Even if I feel sad he can't act as an unknown

That said
I don't know how much job such march requires

And if it will be as large as I think
It will be an hell of a job

So
Kids need to stay as promoter
Adults aware of such occasions have to stay in charge

Security and control are crucial

Do you know if something similar ever happened ?
If not
It's hard to anticipate dangers

Even more now
When something is really already changing
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 02 Mar 2018, 14:15

ladybugcngc wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

REPORT: George Clooney And Scooter Braun Organizing March For Our Life Gun March
Jena Greene | Contributor
Ladybug - Smokeroom.com is a self-proclaimed anything goes gossip site. It isn't surprising that someone who thinks the Parkland victims are "a few traumatized high schoolers" would come up with a conspiracy theory about the march. She doesn't respect them or "George Clooney and his little buddy Scooter Braun". She thinks it's all a conspiracy to convince us that the NRA is more of a threat to us than immigrants or terrorists. (It is!)

"It’s one thing if you’re going to donate some cash to a few traumatized high schoolers who want to make a difference in the world. But we’re dealing with a whole different ball of wax if George Clooney and his little buddy Scooter are legitimately propping kids up to go be a part of a movement that they singlehandedly organized."

"That’s the equivalent of a stage mom forcing her kid to participate in the school play by bribing them with snacks and extra dollar of allowance – but telling all her friends that her kid loves theatre and can’t wait to get to rehearsal every day."

It's more the equivalent of Putin and the NRA running Trump for President. A little money and a touch of blackmail goes a long way.

Follow Jena on Twitter.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 02 Mar 2018, 14:21

So very true, Lizzy. It's rubbish. Mm, wonder who owns it..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 02 Mar 2018, 18:05

Loving Julianne Moore's Twitter page:

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 02 Mar 2018, 18:15

Here is the link to sign the petition for March For Our Lives

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down