George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George wanted Joe Biden to run for president EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George wanted Joe Biden to run for president EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George wanted Joe Biden to run for president EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George wanted Joe Biden to run for president EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George wanted Joe Biden to run for president EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George wanted Joe Biden to run for president EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George wanted Joe Biden to run for president EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George wanted Joe Biden to run for president EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George wanted Joe Biden to run for president EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George wanted Joe Biden to run for president

4 posters

Go down

George wanted Joe Biden to run for president Empty George wanted Joe Biden to run for president

Post by party animal - not! Thu 09 Nov 2017, 16:08

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George wanted Joe Biden to run for president Empty Re: George wanted Joe Biden to run for president

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 09 Nov 2017, 19:55

Not exactly responsive to the topic, but related...

I'm a fan of Joe Biden. But this thing he has going with the regrets that he didn't run, and sorry he's not the President... It's unseemly. He needs to get over it. He made a decision. Tragic reason at the base of it, but it was his to make and he did. Don't cry over it now. At least, not in public or with a microphone in your face.

And don't get me started on Donna Brazile...

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

George wanted Joe Biden to run for president Empty Re: George wanted Joe Biden to run for president

Post by LizzyNY Thu 09 Nov 2017, 21:08

Way2Old - We're on the same page. IMO this is one of the reasons the Dems  have so much trouble getting elected. They eat their own! I like Joe Biden, too - or I did until I read this article. I didn't know he was a whiner.
     A, You can't sit on the fence and expect everyone to wait for you to make up your mind. The DNC needed a candidate. You said "No", they went with Hilary.
     B. Just because George liked him doesn't mean he didn't think Hilary was qualified. He thought it would be harder to get her elected. When she became the party's candidate he supported her. I think he would have supported whoever the party nominated. He's a good Democrat and knows the idea is to defeat the other party's candidate.
     C. I don't know why Biden brought George into it, and I don't appreciate  George's comments after the election being seen as "throwing Hilary under the bus". He was just being honest about why she didn't win.

I think Donna Brazile is pissed because she wasn't given free reign to do whatever she wanted and wasn't welcomed into Hilary's campaign as a super campaigner because she's been around so long. Sour grapes.

Final thought. Bernie's people have no right to bitch abut how he was treated by the Democratic party (especially money-wise). He wasn't even a member of the Democratic Party - he's an independent!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 10 Nov 2017, 00:45

I like Biden too, but the party needs to look for some newer faces!

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 10 Nov 2017, 13:59

The party needs to stop shooting itself in the foot and find a voice. They have to figure out a way to articulate their platform and make the people who fell for Trump's "support for the middle class" bullshit realise that the Democratic Party is the one that has traditionally fought for the rights of the average American. (voting rights, unions, health care, etc.). They also need to find some new blood and make their faces familiar to the public way before 2018. AND they need to secure their computers!

I don't understand how anyone can support a platform that offers nothing but plans to reward the richest among us while doing nothing for the rest of us. What exactly has Trump offered the middle class except excuses and scapegoats? How does any of his crap make anyone's life better? The Democrats have always had a platform of social justice. They need to choose their core issues, define their policy and get it out there. The infighting helps no one.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 10 Nov 2017, 15:09

LizzyNY wrote:The party needs to stop shooting itself in the foot and find a voice. They have to figure out a way to articulate their platform and make the people who fell for Trump's "support for the middle class" bullshit realise that the Democratic Party is the one that has traditionally fought for the rights of the average American. (voting rights, unions, health care, etc.). They also need to find some new blood and make their faces familiar to the public way before 2018. AND they need to secure their computers!

I don't understand how anyone can support a platform that offers nothing but plans to reward the richest among us while doing nothing for the rest of us. What exactly has Trump offered the middle class except excuses and scapegoats? How does any of his crap make anyone's life better? The Democrats have always had a platform of social justice. They need to choose their core issues, define their policy and get it out there. The infighting helps no one.
Lizzy, Trump has not followed through on any of those things he promised to those voters.  (no surprise there).  For those that stick with him, I have to assume they are voting on culture wars issues and not on economics or things that will improve their own lives.  That was the conclusion after the election right? Hillary needed a more concise economic/jobs message for those blue collar and rural workers?  Voting based on those cultural issues is ridiculous to me because government cannot dictate what people believe, but it can do a lot to help in everyday lives.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 10 Nov 2017, 16:58

fava wrote:  Voting based on those cultural issues is ridiculous to me because government cannot dictate what people believe, but it can do a lot to help in everyday lives.
That's exactly the point Democrats need to acknowledge. Too many of their supporters are dismissive of all Republicans for their cultural or religious beliefs and take delight in ridiculing them. IMO, as much fun as this is it's counter-productive if you want to get votes. No one likes to be made fun of and it only makes them defensive and less likely to listen to what you have to say.

The Democratic Party has a long history they can be proud of. It's time they use it to get their message out there. They have to convince the non-believers to vote for them.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 10 Nov 2017, 20:09

It shouldn't be this fucking hard. Democrats have saved this country from ruin too many times to be dominated by a party of self-interested power-and-money grabbers. FDR guided us out of the Great Depression, and rebuilt the infrastructure in the process. Barack Obama saved the auto industry, championed affordable health care, put the banks in check, fought for serious attention to climate change policies, and righted us out of disaster. It's the Democrats who make sure the least of us have a fighting chance, while Republicans begrudge assistance to those in need.

The problem may be that too many people don't see themselves as in need.

The message to all those 'red state' people who vote because they think they're going to be as rich and powerful as the Republican they're rooting for should be, "You don't stand a chance in hell of getting there unless you support education, health care, and a fair and civil society." You want to be rich? Fine. Go for it. But you can't do that while you're busy fighting other (Black and Brown) people who have just as much right to want it as you do.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 10 Nov 2017, 21:28

Way2Old - I'm not so sure they want to be rich - just financially secure - which is what I think most of us want. We want to be sure we can pay our bills and feed our kids. We want to believe our kids will have a successful future.

If we can kill Trump's message of "You'll have a great life as soon as we kick out everyone who isn't you", and get people to come back to the real world, we might just have a chance. I think most of them know deep down that the real problems they're having have nothing to do with other races or immigrants. It's economics, pure and simple - and they've put their faith in the very people who have rigged the game against them. It's our job to set them straight.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down