George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Obama called Jay Wright the “George Clooney of coaches” and “the best dressed man in college basketball.”  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Obama called Jay Wright the “George Clooney of coaches” and “the best dressed man in college basketball.”  EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Obama called Jay Wright the “George Clooney of coaches” and “the best dressed man in college basketball.”  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Obama called Jay Wright the “George Clooney of coaches” and “the best dressed man in college basketball.”  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Obama called Jay Wright the “George Clooney of coaches” and “the best dressed man in college basketball.”  EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Obama called Jay Wright the “George Clooney of coaches” and “the best dressed man in college basketball.”  EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Obama called Jay Wright the “George Clooney of coaches” and “the best dressed man in college basketball.”  EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Obama called Jay Wright the “George Clooney of coaches” and “the best dressed man in college basketball.”  EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Obama called Jay Wright the “George Clooney of coaches” and “the best dressed man in college basketball.”  EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Obama called Jay Wright the “George Clooney of coaches” and “the best dressed man in college basketball.”

Go down

Obama called Jay Wright the “George Clooney of coaches” and “the best dressed man in college basketball.”  Empty Obama called Jay Wright the “George Clooney of coaches” and “the best dressed man in college basketball.”

Post by Katiedot Sat 12 Aug 2017, 07:07

A tangential mention of George Clooney:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

President Obama praises Villanova at the renamed 'Blue and White House'

By Dave Zeitlin | CSNPhilly.com Contributor May 31, 2016 5:30 PM

Villanova’s memorable victory tour continued Tuesday as noted basketball fan and President of the United States Barack Obama welcomed the Wildcats to the White House -- or, as he called it, “the Blue and White House today.” 

You should definitely watch the whole video but here are some highlights from the very cool ceremony: 

• Obama said that Vice President Joe Biden, whose wife Jill Biden got a Master’s degree from Villanova, picked the Wildcats to win it all. “That’s the type of wise counsel you’re looking for in a vice president. Unfortunately, I didn’t follow the counsel so my bracket was busted,” said Obama, who picked Kansas to win it all and didn’t even have ’Nova in the Final Four.
  • Obama called Jay Wright the “George Clooney of coaches” and “the best dressed man in college basketball.” We’ve reached out to George Clooney’s reps for comment (no we haven’t).
  • He pointed out that leading scorer Josh Hart went to the same high school -- Sidwell Friends -- as his daughter Malia, who will graduate from there next week. “It’s good to see a Sidwell kid do well.”
  • It was fun to hear the president call Daniel Ochefu and Kris Jenkins by their nicknames -- “The Chef” and “Big Smooth,” respectively.
  • He purposefully sped through Ryan Arcidiacono’s name “in case I didn’t say it right” -- and he didn’t. “I’m just gonna call him Arch,” Obama said, learning an important lesson for Villanova fans, college basketball writers and world leaders everywhere.
  • Was that a Charles Barkley weight joke? After comparing Kris Jenkins’ famous game-winner to Christian Laettner’s shot vs. Kentucky in 1992 and N.C. State’s buzzer-beater in the 1983 title game, Obama said “Charles Barkley apparently jumped out of his seat, which he doesn’t do very often these days.”
  • He praised Villanova’s off-court achievements, including the fact that they ranked in the top 10 percent nationally in grades and all five seniors graduated (continuing a trend of every four-year Villanova player graduating since the 1970s). And he discussed how Ochefu and Arcidiacono surprised a young ’Nova fan with cancer by hiding in his playhouse -- “which seems a little scary but their hearts were in the right place.”
  • He didn’t hold back about the epic ending to the NCAA tourney, calling it “as memorable of a championship game as I can remember” and “maybe the best title game of all time,” before adding that “just the last few seconds could be a documentary.”

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down