George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Tala Alamuddin - Amal Clooney's sister EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Tala Alamuddin - Amal Clooney's sister EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Tala Alamuddin - Amal Clooney's sister EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Tala Alamuddin - Amal Clooney's sister EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Tala Alamuddin - Amal Clooney's sister EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Tala Alamuddin - Amal Clooney's sister EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Tala Alamuddin - Amal Clooney's sister EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Tala Alamuddin - Amal Clooney's sister EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Tala Alamuddin - Amal Clooney's sister EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Tala Alamuddin - Amal Clooney's sister

+8
party animal - not!
melbert
Way2Old4Dis
annemarie
LizzyNY
Donnamarie
PigPen
Katiedot
12 posters

Go down

Tala Alamuddin - Amal Clooney's sister Empty Tala Alamuddin - Amal Clooney's sister

Post by Katiedot Wed 02 Aug 2017, 07:09

Nobody wanted to post this?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Meet Amal Clooney's lookalike sister Tala Alamuddin

AOL.COM EDITORS

Aug 1st 2017

Meet Amal Clooney's lookalike sister -- Tala Alamuddin!
The question on everyone's minds is: How did we not know about her sooner?!
While Amal, 39, is known for her successful career as a human rights lawyer and, obviously, being George Clooney's wife, her big sister has stepped out of her shadow by making her mark on the fashion industry.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

16 INSTAGRAMS
Meet Amal Clooney's lookalike sister Tala Alamuddin
SEE GALLERY

Tala, 42, recently launched her fashion and jewelry brand, Totally Tala, in Asia, but she's looking to expand to the rest of the world. While it's safe to say that genes of ambition run strong in the Alamuddin family, that's not all that these two siblings have in common -- they could totally pass as twins!
A quick look at Tala's Instagram feed shows that she looks just like her sister. From their long, raven tresses to their svelte figures, there's no denying that Amal and Tala are related. Just like Amal, Tala looks effortlessly stylish everywhere she goes. The fashion designer isn't afraid to rock bold prints or vivacious colors, while flaunting her striking figure every chance she gets.

The duo is definitely giving famous sister acts like Gigi and Bella Hadid and Kendall and Kylie Jenner a run for their money in the fashion department.

Tala is based in Singapore, which explains why she has remained out of the spotlight. Outside of her fashion career, she is a fixture in the Singapore socialite scene, often organizing charity events.
She got married to an Italian businessman, named Nico, just last year. The brunette beauty has two kids of her own from a previous marriage.
With the arrival of Amal's twins, Alexander and Ella, we're sure that Tala has been giving her little sister some tips on how to survive sleepless nights!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tala Alamuddin - Amal Clooney's sister Empty Re: Tala Alamuddin - Amal Clooney's sister

Post by Katiedot Wed 02 Aug 2017, 07:10

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4747324/Amal-Clooney-s-sister-Tala-launches-luxury-fashion-brand.html

Amal Clooney's lookalike sister Tala Alamuddin makes her mark on the fashion world as she launches her own luxury brand (and her famous sibling is her biggest fan)

• Tala Alamuddin, 42, has already launched accessories brand Totally Tala in Asia 

• The designer, based in Singapore, describes her label as 'Totally fun. Totally wild'

• Amal is her biggest fan and has already been pictured wearing her designs 

• The mother-of-two married her Italian businessman husband Nico last year 

By Chris White For Mailonline and Emily Chan For Mailonline

PUBLISHED: 10:19 BST, 1 August 2017 

Amal Clooney is known for her impressive career as a human rights lawyer, as well as being the glamorous wife of George.

But not to be outdone, her lookalike sister Tala Alamuddin is now stepping out from her shadow by setting up her own fashion and jewellery brand.

The 42-year-old, who is based in Singapore, has already launched Totally Tala in Asia, but is now looking to expand into Europe and beyond.

Her ambitions will no doubt be helped by having the perfect ambassador in Amal, who is a big fan of her work and has already been pictured wearing some of her designs.

Amal Clooney's sister Tala is making her mark on the fashion world after setting up her own fashion and jewellery brand

Tala is already styling some of Singapore’s biggest names and says her brand is all about being 'Totally fun. Totally wild. Totally Tala.'

In her Instagram bio, she says her label offers: 'Statement accessories from the eccentric heart, soul, & mind of designer and enfant terrible Tala Alamuddin.’

The mother-of-two regularly travels around the world, jetting to Cannes, London, New York, and Italy to visit Amal and her newborn twins in the past month alone.

While in such exotic destinations, she makes sure to share photographs with her 18,200 Instagram followers, from skiing in Japan to drinking cocktails in St Tropez.

+8

The 42-year-old, who is based in Singapore, has already launched Totally Tala in Asia, but is now looking to expand into Europe and beyond 

+8

Amal is a big fan of her work and has already been pictured wearing some of her designs, including a fringed tan bag (pictured in October 2016) 

Tala has two young daughters and got married for a second time to an Italian businessman called Nico last year. 
Before this, she was wed to Lebanese businessman Nagi Hamiyeh, who is a senior executive at Singapore’s largest holding company.

She first made headlines in 2015 when she upstaged her younger sister Amal on several occasions at high profile functions, which drew comparisons to Pippa Middleton, the younger sister of the Duchess of Cambridge.

Since her debut in the spotlight, Tala has been working hard on her new brand, where she designs unique, one-off clothes, handbags and jewellery.

The mother-of-two regularly travels around the world, jetting to Cannes, London, New York, and Italy in just the past month 

+8

While in such exotic destinations, she makes sure to share photographs with her 18,200 Instagram followers 
However, it’s not only design that she has got involved in - Tala also spends her time organising events and sponsors Miss Singapore, the country’s Miss World event.

Tala, who also shares two half-brothers Samer and Ziad with Amal, graduated from Richmond American International University in London in 1995. 

She has been a regular on the socialite scene in Asia, and also visited George’s yacht and home in Lake Como.
Tala is also known to be a fitness fanatic, completing the Osim Sundown Marathon last year with a time of 5 hours 25 minutes. 

+8

Tala also regularly shares photographs of her designs on Instagram, including this pair of fringed bags

+8

+8

She is already styling some of Singapore’s biggest names and says her brand is all about being 'Totally fun. Totally wild. Totally Tala'
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tala Alamuddin - Amal Clooney's sister Empty Re: Tala Alamuddin - Amal Clooney's sister

Post by PigPen Wed 02 Aug 2017, 13:32

nope.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 02 Aug 2017, 14:15

Tala is pretty edgy in her fashion.  There are women out there who her style appeals to ... but definitely not my style.  More power to her for being an independent business woman.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 02 Aug 2017, 17:48

Sorry, not buying it, but then I'm not a 20 something fashion victim desperate for attention.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 02 Aug 2017, 19:57

There are women who like this kind of things . I don't but hey too each their own.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 02 Aug 2017, 20:22

annemarie - I know there are people who like this sort of stuff. If there weren't she wouldn't invest in selling it. But really, tits on a purse?! Gimme  break! - And it probably costs an arm and a leg, too!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 03 Aug 2017, 00:04

The fringe bags aren't the least bit unique. The, ahem, corset bag had better be expensive, because it's not the kind of thing someone buys unless they expect to be the only one with it. And I don't know what the hell that fringey, fishnet leg thing is supposed to be.

Totally Tala. I assume that's a brag.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 03 Aug 2017, 03:51

"Independent businesswoman".  Scratching my head over this.  Are there many dependent businesswomen in the world?  Also, how hard can designing handbags actually be?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 03 Aug 2017, 11:47

Especially when you're copying previous designs?
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 03 Aug 2017, 13:11

Katiedot wrote:"Independent businesswoman".  Scratching my head over this.  Are there many dependent businesswomen in the world?  Also, how hard can designing handbags actually be?
Oh, I don't know. It must have taken a lot of deep thought and many, many creative decisions to design a purse based on underwear.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 03 Aug 2017, 14:52

Katiedot wrote:"Independent businesswoman".  Scratching my head over this.  Are there many dependent businesswomen in the world?  Also, how hard can designing handbags actually be?

Well yes I would think most women don't own their own businesses.  They work for others in the business world.  There aren't enough women centric owned businesses.  As a woman I applaud seeing many more women breaking out and being successful in their own right. Tala developed her own business brand and seems passionate about it.  Im not going to knock that ... even if I don't personally care for her style.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 03 Aug 2017, 17:17

Exactly, she found a niche and there are people who like it. It's great when a woman builds her own business and succeeds.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 03 Aug 2017, 18:00

I think if a woman uses her own money, or borrows the money solely on her own financial history, to start a business that thrives because of her hard work, she deserves applause. That does not apply to all businesswomen (nor all businessmen).

But since we're talking about women... Those who are born well, or marry well, and use, for example, hubby's money to establish and/or run their business, don't impress me one bit.

Not saying which category Tala fits into, because I don't know. The point is, neither is a given.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 03 Aug 2017, 19:18

Well, she's been doing this for a long time in Singapore, and now her Instagram is the worldwide marketing tool. She certainly travels a lot (apparently). I wonder how often she manages to get home to her children.........

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 04 Aug 2017, 03:32

Donnamarie wrote:Well yes I would think most women don't own their own businesses.  They work for others in the business world.  There aren't enough women centric owned businesses.  As a woman I applaud seeing many more women breaking out and being successful in their own right. Tala developed her own business brand and seems passionate about it.  Im not going to knock that ... even if I don't personally care for her style.
W2O4D put it better than I could. She's from a very rich family, married (and divorced) and wealthy businessman. Presumably is now married to another rich man. And what does she do with all these opportunities? She . . . (drum roll please) designs handbags. That's the hobby of every pointless socialite in the universe. At least her sister studied and did well for herself.

As with Donald Trump, I find it hard to applaud these kind of self-congratulatory statements when half the effort has been acquired from other people.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 04 Aug 2017, 04:10

Katie - You always seem to say what I'm thinking so much better than I ever could. Thank you! Thumbs up!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 04 Aug 2017, 13:41

It's a funny old world fashion....

Look at Victoria Beckham....once the runt of the spice girls, mocked for not being able to sing in harmony....

When the spice girls split she tried her hand at singing....zero success

Modeling at LFW....Zero success......

Yes, she did marry well...a famous and rich footballer....

What she really succeeded at was staying with the right manager, by luck or design....that, my friend was her ace in the hole....('cos we all know she has never picked up a pencil or attended a fabric fair)....

Tala has much going for her....A famous sister who, all things going well, she may well totally eclipse....Like Vicky B and the spice girls non of whom made it like Vicky B did...

Fashion is like food it's gimme gimme thing....human rights not so much....People ALL people at sometime in their lives have or do love it....and their is enough diversity that "taste" really does not matter.....

Where she may fall is being tied to her initial concept....even though she proclaims herself "on the wild side" she is far from it both creativity and historically....

She is "niche"....if she is happy with her niche, she has the PR behind her to find her audience and make a success of the niche....

If her audience grows (and there is business to be had in the middle east alone).....and she were to look further afield...then she has to up a gear and hire young talented true designers and a fashion centric management who will take her to the next level(this takes money lots of it)....it is at that stage she may become what she believes herself to be....A Brand..... 

So Fame = tick
Money = tick
Brains =?
Luck = ?

How badly she wants it....or if she just wants the sound of it (fame), is yet to be determined.....One day we may read "Amal Clooney, sister of the famous designer TALA".....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 04 Aug 2017, 14:39

I'm surprised I even have to defend Tala Alamuddin.  I hardly know anything about her.  Despite the fact I don't like her fashion I just don't appreciate the level of judgment against this woman.  She has a business and is promoting her business just like any other business person would do. 

Me wonders how much this negative talk about Tala has to do with Amal ... and even Baria.  It seems some on COH have been quite negative on all the Alamuddin women.

Just how I see it here...
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Fri 04 Aug 2017, 22:19

I like Tala purses. Wwhs say Tala one day more famous than Amal that to not to be negative.That to be good review I think. Most people hear open. You are to to sensitive and look for negative.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 05 Aug 2017, 12:55

Donnamarie wrote:
I'm surprised I even have to defend Tala Alamuddin.  I hardly know anything about her.  Despite the fact I don't like her fashion I just don't appreciate the level of judgment against this woman.  She has a business and is promoting her business just like any other business person would do. 

Me wonders how much this negative talk about Tala has to do with Amal ... and even Baria.  It seems some on COH have been quite negative on all the Alamuddin women.
 You don't have to defend her : we can just agree to disagree.  I simply don't like the way she's portrayed as a hard-working businesswoman, when I don't think that's the case at all.  As I see it, she's a socialite with family money who designs handbags.

Amal, on the other hand, I take my hat off to.  What she's achieved career-wise is her own work and not because of family money or connections: she studied damn hard at a top university and then made her own way in the world.

By all means, I hope Tala is successful and makes it big in the fashion industry - why shouldn't she? - but I think this article about her is misleading. Just my opinion, I can be wrong.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Sun 06 Aug 2017, 02:52

@Katiedot yap, agree to disagree in my opinion on both of them...
Rachel
Rachel
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 07 Aug 2017, 14:13

I was being kind....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by media savvy Sat 26 Aug 2017, 00:45

The only reason any of us are even thinking of her, or Vogue is writing about her (and that piece reads like a paid editorial) is because of her brother-in-law.

She's not self-made - she is "made up".   Her website hasn't been finished for years, her merchandise is not in any stores.  What bonafide celebrities other than her mum and sister wear these bags?   She doesn't have a collection - she has just had more or less the same bag and earring made up in some sweatshop in different colours.  She is floating on the edge of the Clooney universe and making the most of it by scoring invites to fashion shows and events.  She's a hanger on - but I give her credit for not sitting around stewing in sibling rivalry but getting herself in the public domain as much as she can with what little she has got.   

Personally, I think the Vogue article had an undertone of sarcasm - the only way Totally Tala (what is she 15?  From the 1990s?  Who even says like Totally!) The only time she'll get into Vogue is when her sister finally makes the cover and insists on wearing one of her tacky pieces. PS So far Amal only wears Tala for non public appearances

media savvy
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down