George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Bryan Lourd - George's agent EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Bryan Lourd - George's agent EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Bryan Lourd - George's agent EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Bryan Lourd - George's agent EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Bryan Lourd - George's agent EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Bryan Lourd - George's agent EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Bryan Lourd - George's agent EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Bryan Lourd - George's agent EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Bryan Lourd - George's agent EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Bryan Lourd - George's agent

5 posters

Go down

Bryan Lourd - George's agent Empty Bryan Lourd - George's agent

Post by Katiedot Fri 24 Jun 2011, 06:33

Poor Stan gets all the flack because he's the visible one. Bryan Lourd however is George's manager and as such even more important to George's success than Stan in many ways.

Bio from wikipedia:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bryan William Lourd (born November 5, 1960) is a talent agent. He has served as Partner, Managing Director and Co-Chairman of Creative Artists Agency (CAA) since October 1995.

Lourd oversaw construction of CAA's 240,000-square-foot (22,000 m2) former headquarters in Century City, California, costing around US$35 million. Lourd serves as a director of InterActiveCorp, an online media company headed by Barry Diller.

Lourd 's clients include George Clooney, Robert De Niro, Brad Pitt, Robert Downey, Jr., Drew Barrymore, Jimmy Fallon, Matthew McConaughey, Sean Penn, Madonna, Naomi Watts, Natalie Portman, Robin Williams, Arnold Schwarzenegger, David Duchovny, Helen Hunt, Oprah Winfrey, Tom Cruise, Penelope Cruz, Taraji P. Henson, and Peter Jöback.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

His client list (according to IMDb): George Clooney, Scarlett Johansson, Reese Witherspoon, Robin Williams, Helen Hunt, Matthew McConaughey, Sean Penn, Aaron Eckhart, Marisa Tomei, Darren Aronofsky, Ethan Hawke, Juliette Binoche, Oliver Stone, Alejandro González Iñárritu, Spike Jonze, Joel Schumacher, Mike Nichols, Tom Ford, Todd Field, Betty Thomas, Dustin Lance Black, Robert Luketic, Lynda Obst.

From Beverly Hills Courier
“He might be the most mysterious man in Hollywood.” So claimed Sony’s Amy Pascal, who knows the yeas and nays about Hollywood’s Who’s Who. “He’s full of seeming contradictions and endless layers, the epitome of cool, yet deeply caring and curious at the same time. Quiet, unflappable, funny, confident, vulnerable, wise. And chic. Growing up in New Iberia, a very small and very Southern town in Louisiana – about l0,000 light years away from Hollywood.”

The object of her affection? Bryan Lourd, a 16-year veteran with the powerful Creative Artists Agency, where he’s a managing partner. As with other successful agents, he began his career as an NBC page and in the mail room of the William Morris Agency.

Bryan was the Care and Cure honoree introduced by Amy during the dinner planned by the Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Los Angeles at the Beverly Wilshire.

Amy had the audience fascinated as she lauded this most gentlemanly agent. Bryan's clients are legion, his life stimulating, and he’s a bookworm, too. At a book launch party chez Bryan for Gigi Levangie’s novel, impressed we were with his library, where the entire Library of America series crowded the floor for lack of space on the bookshelves filled with hundreds of books you wanted to browse.

Bryan’s dined at the White House, entertains stylishly, savors holidays at client George Clooney’s villa near Lake Como. We should add that in late August, George’s The Ides of March will open the Venice Film Festival. George directed the political, scandal-driven thriller, and stars as the presidential candidate -- the all-star cast features Philip Seymour Hoffman, Paul Giamatti, Ryan Gosling, Marisa Tomei, Evan Rachel Wood. George’s relationship with Elisabetta Canalis has gone poof.

Bryan’s friends, Columbia Pictures’ Andy Gumpert and independent producer Mark Borman, served as the evening’s co-chairs. Their youngsters Chloe and Ari have been diagnosed with this brain disorder, and Andy related that “60,000 children in our area have epilepsy, while more than three million Americans of all ages are affected – more than 326,000 children are under the age of 15. Treatment is severely hampered by a shortage of pediatric neurologists, with an average wait time of six months.

“How grateful my wife Nicole and I are that we live in Los Angeles with its access to doctors who invest years and hundreds of thousands of dollars on their education, all determined to find the cure for epilepsy.” He then introduced Doctors Arthur Partikian, Lekha Rao, David Millett, Nicole Cobo and Shaun Hussain. The evening raised $1 million.

Dinner supporters included Todd Black, who invited Bryan to be the honoree, Sony’s Jeff Blake, CAA’s Richard Lovett, Brad Weston, Brian Grazer, Alan Wertheimer, Gary Barber, Roger Birnbaum, Melanie Cook, Matt Tolmach, Steve Elzer, Sandy Wernick, Nick Meyer, Karen Hermelin, Max Hahn, Susan Pietsch-Escueta, who heads our local Epilepsy Foundation.

We enjoyed meeting Bryan’s daughter, Billie Catherine Lourd, a beautiful enchantress and an engaging conversationalist with high smarts. She’ll be 19 next month, is in her second year at New York University studying business administration and music. Wherever she goes, count on Billie being a winning team player. Mom is the multi-talented Carrie Fisher.

Seated with Billie and Amy and Bryan were his dad, Harvey, a racetrack buff; Bryan’s financier brother Blaine with wife Crystal; Bryan’s partner Bruce Bozzi, whose family owns the prominent Palm Restaurants; Bernie Weinraub, who’s wed to Amy Pascal.

“Loving Bryan isn’t hard to do,” Amy revealed. “Getting to know him is an entirely different matter. For all his affability, he’s an intensely private guy, a cross between Peter Pan, Jay Gatsby and Cary Grant. A snappy dresser, and probably the only person alive in this century who can pull off wearing an ascot.

“He is stupidly generous. At his birthday party, he gave all of us girls ruby bracelets – Bryan’s idea of a party favor. I’ll be candid: Bryan is not perfect. He invites you to his house, the setting’s beautiful. Great conversation, lots of laughs, wine and liquor flowing like a waterfall. But there is a problem, and it’s a big one. There’s never any food. What’s up with that? Bryan isn’t Jewish.

“Since I’m being candid here, I’ll go for broke. On every Academy Award weekend, he throws a party to end all parties. Forget Vanity Fair! Bryan’s is the most sought-after invitation in town. Everyone you ever wanted and didn’t want to see is there. It’s gotten so crowded that he now staggers the time of the invites.

“But even that hasn’t helped. The poor valets have to park the cars in Encino. Bryan lives in Beverly Hills, and for all I know people are still waiting for their cars from last year’s Academy Award party. Standing there in that endless line, everyone’s talking about stopping at In-N-Out Burger on the way home. Because we’re starving!

“Okay, maybe Bryan doesn’t know how to feed us, but he certainly knows how to nourish our souls. I wouldn’t want it any other way.”
And then some hilarious gossip:

From defamer
CAA’s Bryan Lourd to Carrie Fisher: ‘Your Codeine Made Me Gay’
retweetBy Kyle Buchanan on October 21, 2008 at 5:00 AM
Though the sight of Princess Leia in a gold bikini could make any gay geek question his sexuality, being married to Carrie Fisher apparently had the opposite effect on CAA superagent Bryan Lourd. The two were together for three years (he fathered Fisher’s daughter Billie in 1992) before Lourd famously left Fisher for another man. Now, in her new memoir Wishful Drinking, Fisher claims that Lourd blamed her and her pill-popping ways for making him gay. Page Six has the excerpt:

“He told me later that I had turned him gay . . . by taking codeine again. And I said, ‘You know, I never read that warning on the label.’ I thought it said ‘heavy machinery,’ not homosexuality – turns out I could have been driving those tractors all along!’ ”

Sadly, our first reaction to the allegation — “That’s so gay” — has been deemed verboten by Hillary Duff. Instead, then, we wonder whether Lourd’s “gay pill” theory could explain all those Tylenol PM sponsorships at gay events: it’s all a master plan by the pharmaceutical industry to keep us queer! Diabolical — and fabulous.

From after elton

Bryan Lourd — Superagent to the stars Bryan Lourd has been partner and managing director of the Creative Artists Agency since 1995, and currently also serves as a director of InterActiveCorp, an online media company. Lourd came out — and gained some tabloid fame in the process — when he broke off his three-year romance with actress Carrie Fisher in the 1990s and immediately started a relationship with another man.

Cool Quote: “Suzanne Vale had a problem … She'd had a child with someone who forgot to tell her he was gay. He forgot to tell her, and she forgot to notice.” — Carrie Fisher (The Best Awful)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bryan Lourd - George's agent Empty Re: Bryan Lourd - George's agent

Post by it's me Fri 24 Jun 2011, 07:38

how many info here
!

Last edited by it's me on Fri 24 Jun 2011, 17:23; edited 1 time in total
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Fri 24 Jun 2011, 08:36

Oops! Hope that theory doesn't start up again!! And another "follicly challenged" dood!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Fri 24 Jun 2011, 14:04

I remember seeing Carrie Fisher on The Charlie Rose, when she was promoting her Broadway show. Charlie started to talk about Bryan, and in his description, mentioned that Bryan is a wonderful man, that he's one of the best guys in Hollywood, so it seems as though he does have a reputation for being generous, kind, etc.

Casey
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 24 Jun 2011, 21:11

We should add that in late August, George’s The Ides of March will open the Venice Film Festival. George directed the political, scandal-driven thriller, and stars as the presidential candidate -- the all-star cast features Philip Seymour Hoffman, Paul Giamatti, Ryan Gosling, Marisa Tomei, Evan Rachel Wood. George’s relationship with Elisabetta Canalis has gone poof.
ROTFLOL!! Talks about IOM, than throws in that last sentence. rabbit

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 04 Oct 2011, 11:47

From Huffington Post

Bryan Lourd On LACMA Board Of Trustees

First Posted: 10/3/11 07:34 PM ET Updated: 10/3/11 07:52 PM ET

LACMA announced today that CAA power agent and Hollywood head of state, Bryan Lourd, has been elected to LACMA’s Board of Trustees. In addition to Lourd, Crescent Captial Corp’s Mark Attanasio and Environmental Media Association’s Lyn Davis Lear (and wife of Norman Lear) were also elected. According to LACMA’s official press release, these three new kids on the block will bring the number of trustees to 64. 53 of them are voting members, and 11 are what they call life trustees.

Lourd is CAA’s managing director – and is widely known in Hollywood as one of the most powerful talent agents, bar none. CNN Money reported years ago on his wide reach within Tinseltown, from hopping off a plane to receive a huge bear hug from client George Clooney at the Toronto Film Festival to jetting around the world to meet up with the highest-of-profile clients like Brad Pitt and Naomi Watts.

The Beverly Hills Courier reminds us that Lourd “began his career as an NBC page and in the mail room of the William Morris Agency.” Sony’s Amy Pascal has said he is “a cross between Peter Pan, Jay Gatsby and Cary Grant,” and that he “might be the most mysterious man in Hollywood.” At a dinner for the Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Los Angeles this year, Pascal continued to discuss Lourd’s Hollywood identity: “He’s full of seeming contradictions and endless layers, the epitome of cool, yet deeply caring and curious at the same time. Quiet, unflappable, funny, confident, vulnerable, wise. And chic. Growing up in New Iberia, a very small and very Southern town in Louisiana – about l0,000 light years away from Hollywood.”

LACMA CEO and Wallis Annenberg Director Michael Govan expressed his excitement about the new members in LACMA’s press release and said of them, “Each brings unique and significant experience from the worlds of entertainment or sports, as well as a passion for the arts and the community.”

Given that Lourd’s Oscar party is one of the hottest tickets in town come March (or February, depending on what year we’re talking about), and gives even Vanity Fair a run for its money, here’s to hoping he’ll throw a big bash to celebrate this most recent honor.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 11 Oct 2011, 23:48

“He’s full of seeming contradictions and endless layers, the epitome of cool, yet deeply caring and curious at the same time. Quiet, unflappable, funny, confident, vulnerable, wise. And chic. Growing up in New Iberia, a very small and very Southern town in Louisiana – about l0,000 light years away from Hollywood.”

he is George twin brother!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down