George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George and Amal donation  to save nine abused dogs EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and Amal donation  to save nine abused dogs EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George and Amal donation  to save nine abused dogs EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George and Amal donation  to save nine abused dogs EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George and Amal donation  to save nine abused dogs EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George and Amal donation  to save nine abused dogs EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George and Amal donation  to save nine abused dogs EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George and Amal donation  to save nine abused dogs EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George and Amal donation  to save nine abused dogs EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and Amal donation to save nine abused dogs

+5
annemarie
PigPen
carolhathaway
Katiedot
party animal - not!
9 posters

Go down

George and Amal donation  to save nine abused dogs Empty George and Amal donation to save nine abused dogs

Post by party animal - not! Thu 04 May 2017, 09:32

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George and Amal donation  to save nine abused dogs Empty Re: George and Amal donation to save nine abused dogs

Post by Katiedot Thu 04 May 2017, 10:33

And here's the story:

George and Amal Clooney Donate $10,000 to Help Dogs Saved from Backyard Breeder

BY AMY JAMIESON@MYLOMICKEY

POSTED ON MAY 3, 2017 AT 7:42PM EDT

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NANCY RIVERA/BAUER-GRIFFIN/GC IMAGES
George and Amal Clooney may have babies on the brain, but they still have room in their hearts for animals.
The expectant couple donated $10,000 to help a California animal rescue care for nine dogs they took in from a backyard breeder, according to a Facebook post shared by Camp Cocker Rescue.

“Well, you can imagine how blown away we were when we heard that a $10,000 donation was pledged to our doggies,” says the post shared on Tuesday. “Our generous donors would like to see their donation doubled by all of you, so for the month of May, every dollar you donate will be matched (up until we reach $10,000).”
The rescue didn’t immediately reveal the donors name — that came after a short drumroll.

“After we all did happy dances and cried with happiness for this unbelievable matching donation offer  — we then asked the donors if (and only if they gave us their permission) … if we could reveal their names to our supporters in order to help us reach our big goal this month,” says the post. “They were so very gracious to give us permission to reveal their names. We want to thank George and Amal Clooney for their unbelievable donation and now it’s time to turn to all of YOU to see if you can match it!!!!”

In a video shared by the rescue, the needy pups — including one with a hefty tumor — can be seen in pretty bad shape, emotionally and physically, at a location outside of Mojave, California.

“The dogs have spent their lives living outdoors in filth,” says a video, which explains the pups were desperate for human interaction.

This isn’t the first time Clooney and his wife have come to the aid of animals in need. In 2015, they adopted a 4-year-old basset hound from California’s San Gabriel Valley Humane Society.

Apparently, the actor also has a special place in his heart for cocker spaniels — he used meatballs to win over his own cocker spaniel, Einstein, during a meet and greet.
To donate and help the rescue reach their goal, click here.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George and Amal donation  to save nine abused dogs Empty Re: George and Amal donation to save nine abused dogs

Post by carolhathaway Thu 04 May 2017, 13:43

They got Louie from Camp Cocker, as far as I remember. There was a video called Louie's story which was posted here a while ago, and George had also adopted a previous Dog (Einstein?) from their rescue Camp, the video said.
So it makes sense to me that they donate money instead of adopting abused puppies who certainly need a lot of attention and time (which they certainly won't have during at least the next year).
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 04 May 2017, 14:13

They were so very gracious to give us permission to reveal their names.

jmo... would have been cool of they asked to remain anonymous, instead of going for the publicity. before anyone says it- I don't think having their names attached to the organization made that much/if any  of an increase in donations to the cause.  Just looks like pr crap to moi.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 04 May 2017, 16:00

True Carol and any publicity is good especially for the dogs at least to me anyway.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 04 May 2017, 18:49

A couple of things. I think they probably donate to loads of stuff we don't know about, and to continue to let folks know that they haven't gone the breeders' route and would rather adopt unwanted woofs gives publicity in a caring way and hope-fully encourages others to do the same......

Every animal I've had has been an unwanted for whatever reason. There seem to be an awful lot.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 04 May 2017, 23:30

I saw an article in people all the dogs were adopted except one it broke my heart. So many people want pure bred or designer dogs is really sad.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 05 May 2017, 06:31

Vanity Fair's take:

[size=56]George and Amal Clooney Turn Their Philanthropic Attention to Pups in Need[/size]

Presumably a matching donation to homeless pot-bellied pigs is forthcoming.

by 

• KAREN BRILL

MAY 4, 2017 2:00 PM

[url=https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vanityfair.com%2Fstyle%2F2017%2F05%2Fgeorge-amal-clooney-donate-to-dog-rescue-shelter&t=George and Amal Clooney Turn Their Philanthropic Attention to Pups in Need][/url]
[url=https://twitter.com/share?text=George and Amal Clooney Turn Their Philanthropic Attention to Pups in][/url]

Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic/Getty Images

If there are any dog lovers who were still holding out on affection for George and Amal Clooney, they’re about to be swayed. The couple has pledged $10,000 to Camp Cocker Rescue, a dog rescue organization—an act of kindness that benefits both a shelter full of dogs and the wider audience of people who take pleasure in the mental image of George Clooney surrounded by a large number of puppies.

Camp Cocker Rescue announced the Clooneys’ latest act of magnanimity on its Facebook page, saying, “Some generous donors heard about the plight of the nine new dogs we just took in from the backyard breeder and they wanted to lend a paw . . . Our generous donors would feel so good to see their donation doubled by all of you, so for the month of May, every dollar you donate will be matched (up until we reach $10,000).” Those donors are of course the Clooneys, who allowed for the revelation of their identity in hopes of spurring on more support.

The duo, currently expecting twins, has never been strangers to philanthropic work. In addition Amal’s acclaimed career as a human rights lawyer and George’s lengthy history of humanitarian advocacy, the Clooneys have specific experience in the dog-rescue world. Which is to say, they’ve personally rescued at least four dogs: a cocker spaniel named Einstein, a mutt named Louie, a basset hound named Millie for themselves, and a terrier named Nate, for George’s parents. With the gone but never forgotten pot-bellied pig Max no longer with them, it seems the Clooneys are officially dog people.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 05 May 2017, 06:36

PigPen wrote: before anyone says it- I don't think having their names attached to the organization made that much/if any  of an increase in donations to the cause.  Just looks like pr crap to moi.
The point of this was to promote the fact that they were doubling every donation made. They needed to use the Clooneys' name In order to get more donations come in, otherwise how else would people be aware of this? Seeing as the donations still have to come in, how can you say that this hasn't made any difference?

I could understand your cynicism if it was a charity that George had had no connections with before and if he had something to promote, but that's not the case here.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 05 May 2017, 13:59

Katie, I agree.  I was going to say, "Why go through the rigamarole of a matching fund. Why not just donate the $20 grand?"  But I realized it's as much about getting publicity for the shelter as it is about the money. The publicity this is getting is bound to get the shelter some long-term supporters as well as one-time donors to the matching fund.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 05 May 2017, 20:01

Exactly. Approximately zero media outlets would have picked up a story about matching donations from an anonymous donor to a small rescue in California. Now they may get well over the $20,000, plus attention from potential adopters and volunteers, perhaps even longer term support. Well worth it.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 05 May 2017, 20:49

I probably would have never heard about this story if it wasn't publicized that the Clooneys had made this generous donation.  I just went to their website and made a donation to help their cause.  I think it's wonderful that most of these beautiful dogs were adopted.  I think George uses his celebrity wisely to benefit worthy causes.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Fri 05 May 2017, 20:51; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by benex Thu 11 May 2017, 15:14

benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 11 May 2017, 15:33

Not sure this is related to the dog donation, Benex?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 13 May 2017, 13:31

This is the Camp Cocker Rescue video that George and Amal saw, I think, and decided to donate..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 13 May 2017, 13:54

He really does use his celebrity in a good way.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 13 May 2017, 15:36

I have gotten an update from Camp Cocker on the status of these doggies. They have all had a number of surgeries. Most successful to date. One had a double ear ablation. Her ear drums were destroyed. Those humongous tumors on one doggy you saw in the video were successfully removed and biopsy came back negative. One doggy had 19 teeth removed! Anyway it seems that their rescue of these dogs was the most expensive ever for their organization. They didn't mention the adoption status of any of the dogs. I hope they have been adopted.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 13 May 2017, 16:20

It's just unbelievable how cruel we as human beings can treat animals. When we have animals, we're responsible for them, have to feed them, keep themselves busy with them, and pay for their medical treatment. I don't know how people are able to cope with their own conscience.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 13 May 2017, 18:37

It's beyond comprehension, isn't it?

I think it's really touching that for all the hard work that they do, all they ask for as a donation is $5.

Great to get the feedback about them, Donnamarie. Thank you.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down