George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
When did Amal and George Clooney meet? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
When did Amal and George Clooney meet? EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
When did Amal and George Clooney meet? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
When did Amal and George Clooney meet? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
When did Amal and George Clooney meet? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
When did Amal and George Clooney meet? EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
When did Amal and George Clooney meet? EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
When did Amal and George Clooney meet? EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
When did Amal and George Clooney meet? EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

When did Amal and George Clooney meet?

+10
LizzyNY
melbert
Katiedot
Alisonfan
annemarie
What Would He Say
ladybugcngc
Donnamarie
party animal - not!
Sevens
14 posters

Go down

When did Amal and George Clooney meet? Empty Re: When did Amal and George Clooney meet?

Post by Sevens Thu 30 Mar 2017, 11:25

Those interviews are GREAT! They even showed him the Nick prediction clip:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

When did Amal and George Clooney meet? Empty Re: When did Amal and George Clooney meet?

Post by party animal - not! Thu 30 Mar 2017, 11:38

.......and his folks were there when they met........?

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 30 Mar 2017, 11:55

party animal - not! wrote:.......and his folks were there when they met........?
Nick met Amal the first day George met Amal, and they met in Italy, which makes sense they met in Lake Como over the summer in 2013.
It should be around June after Monuments Men wrapped.(When was that? I remember George was celebrating birthday on set. )
There must be some sort of gathering regarding political and law circles.
And then over to July he and Stacy broke up.
In October we got our first public glimpse of Amal while he continued to hide the relationship during Gravity and MM presses. Amal was in MM London premiere with her mom. And she visited him on Tomorrowland set, joined him in the big New Year party in Cabo.
Later he brought her as a date to Whte House in the screening event and weeks later their relationship got public after a trip to Africa in March.
Engagement by the end of April, wedding in September.

Last edited by Sevens on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 12:06; edited 2 times in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 30 Mar 2017, 12:02

I  think it was later than the summer, Sevens. Wouldn't surprise me to learn it was September as conventional wisdom states and I think they all already had friends in common.

I also think he and Stacey were over much earlier, probably not long after she visited Germany. She was seen with Jared at Coachella...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 30 Mar 2017, 14:07

That was a bit newsy to find out that Nick met Amal when George met her. Very interesting. I've always been real curious to know exactly how they met. And George has never given out too many details. He did say they met through a friend of a friend and they met in Como. And now this. I agree that George and Stacy were over by the time George was in Como for the summer of 2013.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Thu 30 Mar 2017, 16:12

Donnamarie wrote:That was a bit newsy to find out that Nick met Amal when George met her.  Very interesting.  I've always been real curious to know exactly how they met.  And George has never given out too many details.  He did say they met through a friend of a friend and they met in Como.  And now this.  I agree that George and Stacy were over by the time George was in Como for the summer of 2013.
I remember Stacy making a comment about playing the wife role.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 30 Mar 2017, 19:12

I have always suspected there were 3 people in the marriage....I just never thought Nick (or Nina) was the third.....

Remember he is one of my tribe...though I sometimes think we were separated at birth....

We have a saying here, you may have heard it....."He was his Mother's vocation"....

Back in the day when Ireland was a Priest making factory, exporting to all corners of the earth large Irish family's traditionally singled out one son and one or two daughters to enter the religious life....What ofttimes happened would be that parents wanting to hang on to their much loved children left it till the last....Many times the youngest would be a harem scarem mad bad lunatic of a maggot of a boy, totally unsuitable for religious celibate life....but time and kids had run out and he was shipped off to the seminary pronto!....Hence the name "his mothers vocation"......

In this country we are genetically wired to look after our elders and respect them no matter what....These days  "his mothers vocation" is used in many other ways......and at last this may well sum George up (well it's an IMO)......

If I was Amal, I would have headed for that lavish Hotel near Como where they always eat...I would have sat in the restaurant with my mother, sister nephew and nieces....sat in full view as the perfect humanitarian family girl AND I would have set about Blowing the socks off Nick and Nina.....

It's all fan-tasy but could Nick have been the beguiled, bewitched.....Nick's got Nina, the Beauty Queen.....but did AC rep more......A happy, predicted by him,  ending to the fantasy he had for his son......And for George a different tune to play.....A different song to sing....

But what if it's not his tune....not his song.....what if "It's his fathers vocation".......

JMO, based on nothing but pure imagination and Guinness....Suspect
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 30 Mar 2017, 19:22

Well they met in the summer and Nick and Nina go to Italy at that time. So it makes sense they would meet .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Fri 31 Mar 2017, 22:30

Wwhs did you think Nick made right or wrong choice in arranged marriage sometime very happy forever.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 01 Apr 2017, 02:20

I have always thought that the first time George and Amal met was at a party (and possibly a charity one) which also involved John Kerry and/or Kofi Annan both of whom have places on Lake Como.

The Clooneys have been connected with John Kerry since the early 2000s when Nick was involved in poiltics - and of course His Nibs bought l'Oleandra from John Kerry's wife.

Also going on at the same time was the operation to remove Syria's chemical weapons which Kerry and Annan were involved in and there were many meetings in Italy...

Just a thought........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

When did Amal and George Clooney meet? Empty When did Amal and George Clooney meet?

Post by annemarie Sat 01 Apr 2017, 02:35

Nick didn't arrange anything they met and fell in love. George would never go for an arranged marriage and I don't believe for a minute Nick and Nina would even try.

I think Nick predicting George would meet someone is something any father could do. He knew his son he raised him. I think George grew up with family and he knew George would

someday want that and find the one. No matter what he said about never marrying again and not wanting kids.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 01 Apr 2017, 06:10

Just splitting these posts off from another topic as it seemed an interesting conversation in its own right.

George has always said that they met in September, but I think many of us had our doubts about that.  Personally, I think he said that to make it seem as though he didn't cheat on Stacy because their official break up was around July, I believe?  

He has a tendency to overlap girlfriends: Elisabetta and Stacy really did seem to be going on at the same time.  

On the other hand, I also think that relationships tend to end much earlier than any stated date: most people have the tendency to cling on quite some time after they know it should be over.

But on the other, other hand, I also wonder about the apparant speed at which he introduces his girlfriends to the public.  Going on public appearances (which is all I've got to go on), George seems to have a first date and then announces he has a girlfriend. I've always thought he was a bit more circumspect than impulsive, so I've often wondered if there weren't many dates before the official 'first' one that gets publicised.  Which would mean that his relationships begin sooner in real life than they do publicly.  So we're back to overlap.

Finally, on the left foot (I've run out of hands), I also think that his public timeline is necessarily a bit of a lie: he doesn't share that much of his private life and I've always thought that what we see is what he wants us to see, so trying to construct realistic timelines for any of his relationships is a bit of a fudge.

I see that I've argued myself into a corner here. HELP!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 01 Apr 2017, 09:23

He has said they were friends and it took a while for her too agree to go out with him. I think the wedding date is probably the anniversary of their first date. Not  of when they met. I think that was in earlier in the summer.

As for when it ended with Stacy a few people believed it ended earlier they just didn't announce it for a while.

I think i remember reading that George said he likes to get to know women a way from the cameras. so i think other than
Eli we don't really know when his relationships start.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 01 Apr 2017, 12:31

annemarie wrote:
I think i remember reading that George said he likes to get to know women a way from the cameras. so i think other than

Plus, they have to have time to hammer out the NDA.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 01 Apr 2017, 14:56

annemarie wrote:He has said they were friends and it took a while for her too agree to go out with him. I think the wedding date is probably the anniversary of their first date. Not  of when they met. I think that was in earlier in the summer.

As for when it ended with Stacy a few people believed it ended earlier they just didn't announce it for a while.

That's my sense too annemarie.

As I recall I thought the relationship with Stacy ended before he went to Como for the summer.

Despite the pictures we see of George out and about with or without women it is merely a snipet of his life. As much as we want to know what's gong on with him privately it is impossible for us to connect all the dots.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 01 Apr 2017, 15:27

Katie - That corner you backed yourself into is where we all live when it comes to George! Very Happy We really don't know anything for sure, especially as he has been known to fudge the truth a bit when it suits him.

It's fun trying to analyze his life, but whether anything we say bears any relationship to reality is anyone's guess.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 01 Apr 2017, 18:01

Maybe he will write an autobiography one day, and we'll know a little more... ( but I'm sure he'd fudge the truth there as well)
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sat 01 Apr 2017, 19:42

Alisonfan wrote:Wwhs did you think Nick made right or wrong choice in arranged marriage sometime very happy forever.

Sweety, I don't know that....One thing I know is what works for one...may not work for another....God made us all different for a reason to keep the world we live in interesting/ever changing....

Arranged, contracted, bolt out of the blue, love at first sight, co-incidence whatever....What is for you won't go past you....

This was meant to be....for how long it was meant to be? I cannot say...."very happy forever" is the destination....but no-one knows their destination until they arrive....I dunno
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sat 01 Apr 2017, 21:18

I think they had mutual friends .   Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 01 Apr 2017, 21:33

I remember that I've seen an interview with George a while ago. He was asked whom he would invite to Como if he could choose, no matter if they are still alive. I don't remember the whole group of people he named but Mies van der Rohe was one of them.
But George said that he invites interesting people and often asks friends whom they're suggest to be there. Since Charlie Rose mentioned in the one interview with George that he knew Amal before George met her, and they also both seemed to have known Kofi Annan, maybe somebody recommended George to invite Amal (since he also said: "She was a friend of a friend who came to visit."

But that's just a suggestion...

Last edited by carolhathaway on Sat 01 Apr 2017, 21:35; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added text)
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 01 Apr 2017, 22:20

Kofi Annan and Charlie Rose as far as we know are the two obvious connections for both George and Amal. Though there could have been someone else within the human rights circle who could have been "a friend of a friend". I think it was PAN who mentioned that Kofi Annan had a place in Como too.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 01 Apr 2017, 23:02

Well, Charlie Rose met Amal at an Aspen conference he was chairing but not sure he's the Como connection.

Kofi Annan seems very likely to me. He had just resigned from the Syrian peace process, Amal worked for him (but maybe not full time then) so she was and obviously still is friendly with the Annans. I think Annan knows Kerry well, and the timeline works as far as investigating Syrian war crimes via George's Satellite Sentinel At that time Syria was found to be using chemical weapons and a deal was negotiated to transport them out of the country. Oh, and of course Nick and Nina Clooney know both Kerry and Annan well.

But don't quote me!

Oh, and maybe don't rule out Eric Schmidt and Jared Cohen from Google in this. Amal knows both of them........

Could be one of George's dinner parties couldn't it?!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sat 01 Apr 2017, 23:44

I think George had an interest, she knew of his intrest, there was leap of faith and in an instant an amazing heart to heart connection.  I'm sure he makes a loving place in his heart and she loves him without measure.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 02 Apr 2017, 03:46

Well, I'll toss this in here. Whatever the timeline on Amal, I think Stacy was seeing Jared (?) before her split with George, and I think she dumped him, not the other way around. And I think it may have pushed George -- along with the other things happening with him at the time -- to change his course and decide to fall in love.

Another thing, which I think I've said before. I hate that story about him pursuing her and her playing hard-to-get. From dating to an elaborately planned wedding in a year or less is the opposite of hard-to-get.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 02 Apr 2017, 03:51

Way2Old4Dis wrote:Well, I'll toss this in here. Whatever the timeline on Amal, I think Stacy was seeing Jared (?) before her split with George, and I think she dumped him, not the other way around. And I think it may have pushed George -- along with the other things happening with him at the time -- to change his course and decide to fall in love.

Another thing, which I think I've said before. I hate that story about him pursuing her and her playing hard-to-get. From dating to an elaborately planned wedding in a year or less is the opposite of hard-to-get.
Interesting...
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 19 Apr 2017, 06:20

Hmmmm.  Seems like someone at Bunte is reading this forum!  English translation below:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=42][size=30]Sponsored by Paul GreenGewusst? So lernten sich George und Amal Clooney wirklich kennen[/size]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] von BUNTE.de & Partner 18. April 2017 um 12:00 Uhr

[/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]© Getty Images

Es ist die ganz große Liebe zwischen George Clooney und seiner aktuell schwangeren Ehefrau Amal. Doch wie ging sie eigentlich los, die Geschichte des ewigen Hollywood-Junggesellen, der in der schönen Menschenrechtsanwältin die Liebe seines Lebens fand?
Er scharrte die schönsten Hollywood-Frauen um sich, datete temperamentvolle Models wie Elisabetta Canalis (38), verzauberte mit seinem Charme Sport-Beautys à la Stacy Keibler (37). Und dennoch: Lange galt George Clooney (55) als der Vorzeige-Junggeselle Hollywoods schlechthin – bis Amal Ramzi Alamuddin (39) in sein Leben trat. Sie zog mit ihm am 27. September 2014 vor traumhafter Kulisse in Venedig nicht nur vor den Traualtar, sondern wird ihn bald auch noch zum stolzen Zwillingspapa machen. Keine Frage: Seitdem die schöne Juristin in sein Leben getreten ist, hat sich ganz schön viel geändert.
Aber seit wann genau ist Amal eigentlich Teil von Georges Leben? Und welche zuckersüßen lebensverändernden Momente sind für so manch andere Traumpaar-Konstellation verantwortlich? Achtung, die folgenden Lovestories sind nichts für schwache Liebesnerven!

George & Amal Clooney

Der Moment seines Lebens sollte sich für George Clooney im September 2014 ereignen – genauer gesagt: auf einer Charity-Veranstaltung. Denn dort begegnete er der „heißesten Anwältin Londons“, zu der die gebürtige Libanesin Amal Alamuddin kurz zuvor gewählt worden war. Vom ersten Moment an von der Wahnsinns-Ausstrahlung und dem Esprit der Akademikerin, die sich mit prominenten Klienten wie Wikileaks-Gründer Julian Assange (45) oder auch Julia Tymoschenko (56) einen Namen unter Juristen und Menschenrechtsaktivisten machte, fasziniert, wollte er unbedingt ein Date mit ihr. Doch: Amal ließ ihn, laut verschiedenen Medienberichten, erst einmal zappeln.

Der erste Versuch des selbst politisch engagierten Hollywood-Beaus, ihr seine Nummer zu geben, scheiterte nämlich. Und auch die nächste Dating-Anfrage blieb erfolglos. Bis er ihr eine amüsante E-Mail schrieb und zudem auf den wahrlich pragmatischen Grund für das Treffen setzte, mit ihr über Menschenrechte sprechen zu wollen. Dem stimmte Amal tatsächlich zu – und der Rest ist Geschichte: Nicht einmal ein Jahr später läuteten die Hochzeitsglocken. Hach!

Kronprinzessin Victoria & Prinz Daniel von Schweden

Solch romantische Geschichten können sich nur um Hollywood-Stars ranken? Von wegen! Auch in Adelskreisen ereignen sich immer wieder Geschichten, die die Traumfabrik nicht besser hätte kreieren können – zum Beispiel die von Kronprinzessin Victoria (39) und ihrem heutigen Ehemann Prinz Daniel von Schweden (43). Mittlerweile haben die beiden zwei gemeinsame Kinder, gelten als absolutes Royalty-Traumpaar. Aber es gab Zeiten, in denen ihre Liebe unter keinem guten Stern stand. Denn als sich Victoria und Daniel im Jahr 2000 kennenlernten, hatte sie gerade erst ihre Essstörung in den USA therapieren lassen und war zurück in die schwedische Heimat gekehrt; der bürgerliche Daniel Westling arbeitete noch als Trainer in einem Fitnessstudio. Und genau dort wechselten die beiden auch ihre ersten Worte, als sich Victoria im Zuge ihres neuen Körperbewusstseins für ein Training in dem Studio entschied.

Liebe auf den ersten Blick war es allerdings nicht! Erst mit der Zeit gefiel Victoria der Humor des Sport-Profis so gut, dass sich daraus mehr entwickeln konnte, wie sie laut dem Magazin „BUNTE“ in ihrer in Schweden veröffentlichten Biografie „Königin der Zeit“ überraschend ehrlich erklärt. Doch auch, wenn daraus schließlich die ganz großen Gefühle werden sollten: Bevor Daniel offiziell der Mann an ihrer Seite wurde, hielten sie die Beziehung geheim – sogar vor Victorias bester Freundin!

Ashton Kutcher & Mila Kunis

Und auch bei diesem Traumpaar – das seine Liebe bereits mit zwei Kindern krönte – gerät die tatsächliche Kennenlerngeschichte schnell in Vergessenheit. Schließlich kennt man Ashton Kutcher (39) und Mila Kunis (33) längst als Einheit, auch vor der Kamera. Das heutige Vorzeige-Ehepaar lernte sich nämlich eigentlich am Set der TV-Serie „Die wilden Siebziger“ kennen. Doch es blieb zunächst beim kollegial-freundschaftlichen Verhältnis. Kutcher führte schlagzeilenträchtige Beziehungen etwa zu Demi Moore (54); Kunis war knapp zehn Jahre mit Macaulay Culkin (36) zusammen. Ganz aus den Augen verloren sich die Serien-Kollegen jedoch nie.

Wie Mila Kunis 2016 in einem Radiointerview verriet, entwickelte sich nach ihren jeweiligen Trennungen zunächst eine Freundschaft (mit Extras), bis wirklich etwas Ernstes daraus wurde – die ganz große Liebe eben!
Auch du hast Lust auf ganz große (Frühlings-)Gefühle? Auf besondere Momente, die dein Leben für immer verändern? Momente, an die du dich nur zu gern zurückerinnerst, weil sie Teil deiner persönlichen (Liebes-)Geschichte sind? Okay, den Mann deines Lebens können wir dir an dieser Stelle leider nicht herbeizaubern – aber mit der Frühjahrs-/Sommerkollektion 2017 von Paul Green findest du garantiert den „Schuh deines Lebens“. Schließlich hat es sich das Label zur Aufgabe gemacht, mit in Europa gefertigten Damenschuhen von höchster Qualität Must-haves zu kreieren, die die Persönlichkeit, Schönheit und Ausstrahlung ihrer Trägerinnen unterstreichen. Schuhe für alle wichtigen Momente im Leben, ganz gleich ob in puncto Job oder Liebe.
Du bist absolut bereit für den „Paul Green-Effekt“? Hier findest du den Schuh deines Lebens, der dir die perfekte Work-Love-Balance ermöglicht!

Sponsored by Paul Green

How George and Amal really met

Bunte.de Editor of BUNTE.de & Partner April 18, 2017 at 12:00 hrs

It is the very big love between George Clooney and his currently pregnant wife Amal. But how did she actually go, the story of the eternal Hollywood bachelor who found the love of his life in the beautiful human rights attorney?

He attracted the most beautiful Hollywood women around him, dated spirited models like Elisabetta Canalis (38), enchanted with his charms sporty beauties à la Stacy Keibler (37). And yet, for a long time, George Clooney (55) was the poster child for Hollywood's singledom parade - until Amal Ramzi Alamuddin (39) entered his life. On September 27, 2014, with the beautiful backdrop of Venice, she not only walked him down the altar, but also soon made him a proud twin-papa. No question: since the beautiful lawyer entered his life, quite a lot has changed.

But since when exactly has Amal been part of George's life? And what sugar-sweet life-changing moments are responsible for so many other dream couple constellations? Be careful, the following Lovestories are not for the faint hearted!

George & Amal Clooney

The moment of his life should take place for George Clooney in September 2014 - more precisely, at a charity event. For there he met the "hottest lawyer of London", to which the native Lebanese Amal Alamuddin had just been elected. From the first moment on, the fascination with the madness and the esprit of the academician, who made a name among lawyers and human rights activists with prominent clients such as Wikileaks founder Julian Assange (45) or Julia Tymoshenko (56) Date with her. But Amal, according to various media reports, was hesitant

The first attempt by the self-politically committed Hollywood Beau to give her his number failed. And also the next dating request remained unsuccessful. Until he wrote her an amusing e-mail and also put on the truly pragmatic reason for the meeting to speak with her about human rights. Amal actually agreed with this - and the rest is history: not even a year later the wedding bells rang. Hurrah!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 19 Apr 2017, 14:07

Hate to sound bitchy... but why is this a topic of interest at this point???  They're married and are having twins.  Maybe she answered an ad he put in the paper. Maybe he answered her ad.  Four years later-  who cares???????????????

I suppose with them holed up while she is nesting- we have to find something  to banter about.

Are we too the victims of a slow news day here at COH?

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 19 Apr 2017, 14:14

Way2Old4Dis wrote:Well, I'll toss this in here. Whatever the timeline on Amal, I think Stacy was seeing Jared (?) before her split with George, and I think she dumped him, not the other way around. And I think it may have pushed George -- along with the other things happening with him at the time -- to change his course and decide to fall in love.

Way 2- how do you decide to fall in love?  Or do you mean, how does he improve his images from literally a joke/punchline, to someone to be taken seriously  (look everyone- I'm a grown up now).  Even after all this time, I'm still not convinced it was fate that they met ( just as he was a punchline at the GG's)  fell madly in love, had a floating armada down a canal, and are living the dream. Don't even get me started on her "brilliant barrister" image.  She was voted hottest barrister, not smartest.   Something still remains rotten in Denmark.

JM not HO

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 19 Apr 2017, 14:25

Interesting actual facts.

We know from articles that George was in Como from July  - and with his folks - and with a film crew with well known cinematographer for an ad, and that he took the folks who work for him to dinner, and that Ellen Barkin was there and Sandra Bullock etc prior to Gravity showing in Venice......

Plenty of time to meet someone, chase them, phone them, email them 'for many months'.....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 19 Apr 2017, 14:29

PAN- I still don't understand why this is of interest anymore.  Or is my confusion due to  my chocolate bunny withdrawl?

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 19 Apr 2017, 14:47

George being George and having the media interested in his love life for so many years I think it isn't surprising some media outlets still "speculate" on how he and Amal met. We still don't know the real details. George isn't saying just yet.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 19 Apr 2017, 14:57

Donnamarie - George will never say. Why should he? As far as they're concerned it's ancient history. If anyone wants to go nuts speculating, so be it. It just keeps interest in G&A alive while they go merrily along living their lives and getting free publicity without having to lift a finger.

Fact is, they did meet, they did get married and she is pregnant. How any of it really happened, IMO, is something we'll never know, because even if George did go public I'm not sure he'd tell the truth. He does have a tendency to exaggerate and embroider a story. Smile
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 19 Apr 2017, 15:11

affraid   You lie Lizzy, you lie.

George never does any of that.  He is truthful, honest, humble of heart, the noblest of men.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 19 Apr 2017, 15:19

party animal - not! wrote:Interesting actual facts.

We know from articles that George was in Como from July  - and with his folks - and with a film crew with well known cinematographer for an ad, and that he took the folks who work for him to dinner, and that Ellen Barkin was there and Sandra Bullock etc prior to Gravity showing in Venice......

Plenty of time to meet someone, chase them, phone them, email them 'for many months'.....
Razz rollingsmiley ROTFL Yahooooo
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 19 Apr 2017, 15:35

PP -Yeah, right. And he walks on water, too! Very Happy ( I wonder where he keeps his halo and wings. Do you think Amal tries them on when he's not looking?)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 19 Apr 2017, 15:41

LizzyNY wrote:PP -Yeah, right. And he walks on water, too! Very Happy ( I wonder where he keeps his halo and wings. Do you think Amal tries them on when he's not looking?)
From Heavens view George Clooney is a work in progress.  Just like all of us...
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 19 Apr 2017, 21:08

Ladybug, you are right there. George is a work in progress as we all are.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 19 Apr 2017, 23:37

We definitely are all works in progress and George is simply human like all of us.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 20 Apr 2017, 07:24

PigPen wrote:Are we too the victims of a slow news day here at COH?
Yep.

Basically, I'd like to keep this forum alive and if there's a story in the press about George, I'll share it here, even if it's stale. Sure, we'll never know exactly how/when they met, and yes, it's not our business anyway, but hey, at least we were talking for a while.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down