George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Serious Side - part 3

+11
Alisonfan
fava
What Would He Say
amaretti
ladybugcngc
melbert
carolhathaway
LizzyNY
annemarie
party animal - not!
Donnamarie
15 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Serious Side - part 3

Post by annemarie Thu 11 May 2017, 17:29

There is a picture of Nixon it says the most corrupt President in history
Picture of Bush dumbest president in history
Picture of Trump how did he take both title in one swoop

So very true.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 11 May 2017, 17:45

Shutting out the American press when meeting with Putin's representatives at Putin's request is beyond unacceptable. What was he hiding? Maybe they were there to give Trump Putin's instructions on what to do next to turn the US into a dictatorship.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 11 May 2017, 18:50

The odd thing may be happening today, Lizzy.............

https://twitter.com/jemillerwbal/status/862714093899325440

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 11 May 2017, 19:14

Trump is often compared to Hitler but I can guarantee that he is not have as smart as Hitler was ... or Putin for that matter. Trump only knows his own little real estate business and how to manipulate people. His IQ is in the tank. 'The Economist' magazine just did an interview with Trump and his ignorance in the article is just breathtaking. He can't even construct a proper sentence in discussing policy. Anyone who says Trump is a smart man doesn't know what they are talking about. He is continually being propped up by his staff and they aren't doing a very good job at it either. Trump's staff has to keep cleaning up the messes he makes ... like the Comey firing and the Obama wiretapping. They lie for him and they enable him.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 11 May 2017, 20:37

http://people.com/politics/trump-says-he-decided-to-fire-fbi-director-comey-before-justice-dept-recommendations-hes-a-showboat/

[size=37]Trump Says He Decided to Fire FBI Director Comey Before Justice Dept. Recommendations: ‘He’s a Showboat’[/size]

BY KATHY EHRICH DOWD@KATHYEHRICHDOWD

POSTED ON MAY 11, 2017 AT 1:45PM EDT

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 Donald-trump1[url=https://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fpolitics%2Ftrump-says-he-decided-to-fire-fbi-director-comey-before-justice-dept-recommendations-hes-a-showboat%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F05%2Fdonald-trump1.jpg%3Fw%3D1024&description=Trump Says He Decided to Fire FBI Director Comey Before Justice Dept. Recommendations: %E2%80%98He%E2%80%99s a%C2%A0Showboat%E2%80%99][/url]
DAVID A. GROGAN/CNBC/NBCU PHOTO BANK/GETTY; D DIPASUPIL/GETTY IMAGES FOR AWXII
President Donald Trump sent shockwaves throughout the country on Tuesday when it was revealed that he fired FBI Director James Comey — a decision the White House said was based on the recommendations of Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.
In a new interview just two days after Comey’s bombshell dismissal, Trump now says that he was planning to fire Comey even before he received the recommendations from his top Justice Department officials, a seeming contradiction to information released by his own administration.
“He’s a showboat, he’s grandstander, the FBI has been in turmoil,” Trump told NBC News’ Lester Holt in an interview airing Thursday. “You know that, I know that. Everybody knows that. You take a look at the FBI a year ago, it was in virtual turmoil, less than a year ago. It hasn’t recovered from that.”

[ltr]

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 CUsAdL2X?format=jpg&name=280x280[/ltr]

Follow
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 YtLeajyt_normalNBC Nightly News 

@NBCNightlyNews
[ltr]BREAKING: I was going to fire Comey anyway, Pres. Trump tells @LesterHoltNBC in exclusive interview at White House[/ltr]

12:57 PM - 11 May 2017

•  

•  1,3471,347 Retweets

•  1,1011,101 likes

“I was going to fire Comey. My decision,” Trump also said. “I was going to fire regardless of recommendation.”
After news of Comey’s firing became public, the White House released a letter Rosenstein sent to Trump titled “Restoring Public Confidence in the FBI.” The letter criticized Comey’s decision not to charge former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for her use of a private email server, arguing that he overstepped his authority by bypassing then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch.

“I cannot defend the Director’s handling of the conclusion of the investigation of Secretary Clinton’s emails, and I do not understand his refusal to accept the nearly universal judgement that he was mistaken,” Rosenstein wrote.
Trump seemingly agreed with Rosenstein, according to a copy of the letter he sent Comey, explaining that the FBI chief was unable to “effectively lead the bureau.”
“It is essential that we find new leadership for the FBI that restores public trust and confidence in its vital law enforcement mission,” Trump wrote.
RELATED VIDEO: Watch: Natasha Stoynoff Breaks Silence, Accuses Donald Trump of Sexual Attack

Natasha Stoynoff claims she was sexually assaulted by Donald Trump while on assignment for People at his Mar-a-Lago estate.

Trump also told Holt that he asked Comey point-blank before his firing whether he was under investigation over alleged ties to Russia, and Comey told the president he was not.
“I actually asked him” if I was under investigation, Trump said, noting that he spoke with Comey once over dinner and twice by phone.

“I said, if it’s possible would you let me know, ‘Am I under investigation?’ Trump told Holt. “He said, ‘You are not under investigation.’ ”

[ltr]
View image on Twitter
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 C_j6JZHWsAEFFix[/ltr]

Follow
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 TTocueCd_normalNBC News 

@NBCNews
[ltr]EXCLUSIVE: President Trump reveals he asked former FBI Director Comey whether he was under investigation http://nbcnews.to/2r4siLQ [/ltr]

1:01 PM - 11 May 2017

•  

•  355355 Retweets

•  340340 likes

The Washington Post described the exchange as reported by the president as “remarkable, in that he says the FBI director was discussing an ongoing investigation with the president — something Justice Department policy generally prohibits — at the same time Comey was seeking assurances he would remain in his job.”
The FBI is currently investigating possible Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. On Thursday, acting FBI director Andrew McCabe declined to tell a Senate Intelligence Committee whether he ever heard Comey tell Trump that the president was not a target of their investigation, Reuters reported.
Trump, meanwhile, told Holt that there was no “collusion between me and my campaign and the Russians.”
The president added that he is interested to learn more about their potential interference in the historic election — but he’s confident he would have won regardless of any alleged meddling.
“If Russia did anything, I want to know that,” he said, while simultaneously insisting that “the Russians did not affect the vote.”

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 12 May 2017, 04:18

"If Russia did anything, I want to know that".

Trump already knows that. The investigation has already determined for a fact that Russia meddled in our election. Trump just showed his ignorance again. He's either delusional or ignorant.

The photo op with the Russians in the Oval Office was appalling. The Russian Ambassador is supposedly a known spy for the Russian government and he's allowed in the Oval Office? With only the Russian state press there to photograph the event. White House Security may want to sweep the place for any possible planted bugs.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 12 May 2017, 04:33

Colour him delusional. He really doesn't see his behaviour the way we see it.

Donnamarie wrote:He is continually being propped up by his staff and they aren't doing a very good job at it either.
The scary thing is that they probably ARE doing a good job. When he was a reality TV show host, it was scripted and edited and the film cut to make him look good. He doesn't have this luxury anymore and there's only so much anyone can do for him.

Sadly he'll never have a great team around him. I think he's got a huge ego, and like all such egos, it's incredibly fragile. That means anyone who seems smarter than him or more successful or just more popular will have to go. The only ones who'll survive are the toadies and lickarses who can put up with this sort of behaviour.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 12 May 2017, 11:11

I don't think he is delusional he is a liar and will cover his butt with any lie he can. 

I do agree he is very ignorant.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 12 May 2017, 11:30

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4498200/Trump-demanded-pledge-loyalty-Comey-dinner.html

Trump 'demanded a pledge of loyalty from Comey TWICE during private dinner at the White House - but the FBI Director refused and now believes it sealed his fate'

• Sources claim Trump organized the private dinner with Comey at the White House after the inauguration

• Comey reportedly told associates he was summoned to the White House and asked to pledge loyalty to the new President

• The former FBI director declined and said he would always be honest with Trump

• Trump's version of the dinner is vastly different with Trump claiming Comey had called the meeting so he could keep his job 

By Emily Crane and Geoff Earle Deputy U.s. Political Editor For Dailymail.com and Associated Press
PUBLISHED: 23:09 EDT, 11 May 2017 UPDATED: 00:22 EDT, 12 May 2017

s

President Trump had allegedly demanded loyalty from James Comey during a private dinner at the White House back in January, associates of the now fired FBI director claim.
Comey had told associates that he was summoned to the White House for a one-on-one dinner with Trump seven days after the inauguration, the New York Times reports.
It was during the dinner that Trump reportedly asked Comey twice to pledge loyalty to him as the new Commander in Chief. Sources claim Comey declined to do so but said he told the President he would always be honest with him.
Trump is said to have pressed Comey on whether that would be 'honest loyalty', to which the FBI director said: 'You will have that.' Sources close to Comey said he now believes this dinner conversation may have sealed his fate. 
This version of events is vastly different to the dinner conversation Trump himself described in an interview with NBC's Lester Holt on Thursday.
While it is not clear if they are talking about the same dinner, the pair are believed to have only dined together privately once.  
Trump indicated that he had dinner with Comey at the former FBI director's request - and said Comey was angling to keep his job. 
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 4038CF1B00000578-4498200-image-m-56_1494557109078

+5

President Trump had allegedly demanded loyalty from James Comey (pictured at the White House in January at a law enforcement reception) during a private dinner at the White House back in January, sources claim
'I had a dinner with him. He wanted to have dinner because he wanted to stay on. We had a very nice dinner at the White House,' Trump said. 
'He asked for the dinner?' Holt followed up.
'A dinner was arranged, I think he asked for the dinner,' the president hedged. 'And he wanted to stay on as the FBI head.
'And I said I'll consider and we'll see what happens. But we had a very nice dinner. And at that time he told me 'you are not under investigation',' Trump said.
Trump said he had asked Comey - once over dinner and twice by phone - if the FBI were investigating him as part of its probe into alleged collusion between members of his campaign and the Russian government prior to the election. 
The President showed no concern that the request might be viewed as interference in the active FBI probe.
Comey has not confirmed Trump's account. 
During that same interview, Trump declared he had planned to fire Comey all along, regardless of whether top Justice Department officials recommended the stunning step. 
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 40350C3000000578-4498200-Trump_told_NBC_News_anchor_Lester_Holt_he_had_directly_asked_Com-a-57_1494557198890

+5

Trump told NBC News anchor Lester Holt he had directly asked Comey three times if he was himself under investigation
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 40350C2C00000578-4498200-Full_account_Lester_Holt_s_interview_with_the_president_is_his_f-a-58_1494557203225

+5

Full account: Lester Holt's interview with the president is his first interview since he fired James Comey
The White House had initially cited a Justice Department memo criticizing Comey's handling of last year's investigation into Hillary Clinton's emails as the impetus for Trump's decision.  
But Trump acknowledged for the first time on Thursday that the Russia investigation - which he dismissed as a 'made-up story' - was also on his mind as he ousted the man overseeing the probe.
The shifting accounts of the decision to fire Comey, whom Trump derided as a 'showboat' and 'grandstander,' added to a mounting sense of uncertainty and chaos in the West Wing, as aides scrambled to get their stories straight and appease an angry president.  

[size=10][size=18]'He's a showboat, grandstander' Trump slams Comey in NBC interview

Load
[/size][/size]
MORE VIDEOS
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 39761A4000000578-0-image-a-16_1476713579643

'He's a vile human being': Richard Di Natale slams Do…

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 402C9E3800000578-0-image-a-34_1494445829301

White House: Trump 'lost confidence' in FBI director …

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 Video-undefined-195AA14800000578-295_154x115

'He's a deadbeat dad': Sarah Palin slams Levi Johnston

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 3A7E039A00000578-0-image-a-9_1479419303151

Comey did a 'foul deed': Nancy Pelosi after Trump w…

RELATED ARTICLES

• Previous

• Next

• The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 40350C3000000578-0-image-a-5_1494522447251Trump calls ousted FBI boss Comey 'a GRANDSTANDING SHOWBOAT'...The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 402C4D7500000578-0-image-a-1_1494532768721White House officials scramble to explain why they were...The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 40345F7300000578-0-image-m-9_1494518499095Acting FBI boss REJECTS White House claim that agents were...The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 402B5F3600000578-0-image-m-16_1494536005755Trump WON'T visit with rank and file FBI agents after firing...

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

[size=35]306 shares[/size]
Not even Vice President Mike Pence was spared the embarrassment of having told a version of events that was later discredited by Trump.
Multiple officials, including Pence, said the president was acting at the behest of Rosenstein and Attorney General Jeff Sessions. 
'I was going to fire Comey,' Trump said. 'Regardless of recommendation I was going to fire Comey.'
The White House's explanations continued to crumble throughout the day Thursday. On Capitol Hill, acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe strongly disputed the White House's assertion that Comey had been fired in part because he had lost the confidence of the FBI's rank-and-file.
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 4035254300000578-4496936-image-a-15_1494523623151

+5

My decision: Trump said of the firing of the FBI director: 'Oh, I was going to fire Comey regardless of recommendation.'
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 402C040800000578-4491822-image-a-23_1494442612131

+5

White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders insisted she had heard from 'countless' members of the FBI who welcomed the president's decision 
'That is not accurate,' McCabe said. 'Director Comey enjoyed broad support within the FBI and still does to this day.'
Unfazed, White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders insisted she had heard from 'countless' members of the FBI who welcomed the president's decision.
McCabe also pointed out the remarkable nature of Trump's version of his conversations with Comey. McCabe told a Senate panel it was not 'standard practice' to tell an individual whether they are or are not under investigation.
Previous presidents have made a public show of staying out of legal matters, so as not to appear to be injecting politics. Trump's comments demonstrated his striking deviation from that practice.
The ousted director himself is said to be confident that his own version of events will come out, possibly in an appearance before Congress, according to an associate who has been in touch with him since his firing Tuesday. 
Trump and Comey's relationship was strained early on, in part because of the president's explosive and unsubstantiated claims that Barack Obama wiretapped Trump Tower. Comey found the allegations confounding, according to his associate, and wondered what to make of what he described as strange thoughts coming from his new boss.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 12 May 2017, 12:36

annemarie - I have to disagree with you. Trump is delusional. His decisions are barely tied to reality. Everything is viewed through his need to preserve his image of himself - which, in itself, has little to do with reality. Put simply,   he has lied so much, for so long, that he wouldn't know the truth if it smacked him in the face. Saying something is true just because you want it to be, regardless of the facts is, IMO, delusional.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 12 May 2017, 13:03

Agreed. It's not normal to lie this much and most liars are smart enough to lie strategically (in other words: stick to one story and stay within the realms of believability). Trump simply changes his reality to suit whatever facts he wants to be true at that particular time. He's delusional.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Fri 12 May 2017, 13:34

When you lie,you do have the problem that you have to remember what exactly you said, because that's not based on facts, memories etc.
So you're often proved to have lied later when you don't remember it anymore.
For Trump it simply doesn't seem to interest him, he constantly changes his mind and his points of view. And many people don't seem to care about that, accept something they would never accept if somebody else did the same.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 12 May 2017, 14:28

Lies eventually catch up with you. Eventually Trump's lies will do him in. But he has his White House staff lying for him too. They have to clean up his outrageous statements. There have never been so many lies coming out of a White House before. The bar for credibility and integrity was set pretty low when Trump came into office. Now there is no bar. There should be nonpartisan outrage but unfortunately we haven't seen it yet.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 12 May 2017, 14:47

and it continues........

https://twitter.com/Stevil907/status/863021955938742273

http://time.com/4776035/andrew-mccabe-testimony-james-comey-fired/?xid=homepage

Watched some of this and very impressed.......good to see sanity at work! Wonder how long he'll be in the job!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 12 May 2017, 15:58

Hopefully he'll be there long enough to see the investigation through to the end and bring Trump down. Right now, barring an independent investigator - which seems unlikely to get past Republicans - he seems like our best bet. Unless, of course, he gets too close and Trump fires him, too. Would anyone be surprised?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 12 May 2017, 19:57

Here's The New York Times take on possible nominees. Gowdy and Cornyn are too partisan but Mike Rogers is plausible. Like the article states Trump may just be throwing out names to get a reaction. I'd like to see McCabe stay on too and be instated as interim director but my gut says Trump doesn't want him to stay beyond "acting" director because he is defending Comey.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/12/us/politics/fbi-interim-director.html?smprod=nytcore-ipad&smid=nytcore-ipad-share
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 12 May 2017, 20:06

Trump can and will fire anyone he is told too , lets be real we know he is not the brain that is running this circus.

He simply does not care about the truth why should he at this point no one will stop him. 

He has gone his whole life lying and now he simply has a bigger stage and people egging him on  and buying the bullshit.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 12 May 2017, 21:31

https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/862891174780182528 on the NBC news tonight

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 13 May 2017, 03:23

http://people.com/politics/donald-trump-james-comey-should-have-never-exonerated-hillary-clinton/

POLITICS

[size=37]WATCH: Donald Trump Says James Comey ‘Should Have Never Exonerated’ Hillary Clinton[/size]

BY KAREN MIZOGUCHI

POSTED ON MAY 12, 2017 AT 8:44PM EDT

President Donald Trump admitted the FBI’s probe of then-Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s private email server helped him during the 2016 election, and added that he never would have let his opponent walk free.
“[James Comey] had a lot of pressure put on and he exonerated her,” Trump said Friday in his interview with NBC Nightly News‘ Lester Holt. “Should have never exonerated her.”
Comey, who was the former public face of the FBI, was previously applauded by Trump for his handling of the investigation into Clinton’s private email server. In July, Comey said in a press conference that he would not recommend criminal charges against Clinton.

“What Comey did, [he] had good moments for me as a candidate,” Trump said. “I happen to have some lawyers that were unrelated lawyers and they were saying ‘wow, [Clinton’s] guilty here, guilty, guilty, guilty.’ Then [Comey] gets to the end and he said she’s free as a bird.”
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 Hillary-clinton-james-comey[url=https://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fpolitics%2Fdonald-trump-james-comey-should-have-never-exonerated-hillary-clinton%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2016%2F11%2Fhillary-clinton-james-comey.jpg%3Fw%3D2000&description=Gene J. Puskar%2FAP; Chip Somodevilla%2FGetty Images][/url]GENE J. PUSKAR/AP; CHIP SOMODEVILLA/GETTY IMAGES
In October, Comey shocked Washington when he announced that the FBI had reopened its investigation of Clinton’s server. Then, two days before Election Day in November, the FBI declared it ultimately found no new evidence against Clinton.
On Tuesday, the White House announced Comey was fired as Trump’s decision came at the recommendation of Attorney General Jeff Sessions and deputy attorney general Rod Rosenstein, who laid out the case for axing Comey in a memo that detailed his mishandling of the investigation into Clinton’s private email server.
FROM COINAGE: This Is How Much It Would Cost to Paint the White House (And More Crazy Facts)

Trump released his own statement about Comey’s firing: “You are hereby terminated and removed from office, effective immediately,” Trump wrote to Comey in a letter released by the White House. “While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the judgment of the Department of Justice that you are not able to effectively lead the bureau.”
Comey had been leading the federal counterintelligence investigation into whether advisers to the President had sought to collude with Russian officials in their efforts to swing the 2016 election.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 13 May 2017, 08:48

So Trump fired Comey because his investigation didn't lead to the result Trump wanted? I always thought the FBI is independent and a rule of law!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 13 May 2017, 10:45

I just thought:
"Imagine that two years ago a writer like Beau Willimon had come up with a script describing exactly what happens in the States now. Everybody would have refused it because it's simply too fictional. Would have said 'Watch House of Cards if you really want to watch such an unrealistic story'."
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 13 May 2017, 14:09

Trump fired Comey because he was getting too close to whatever Trump and his boss don't want the world to know.

isn't this reason number three why he supposedly fired the man I have lost count with the idiots lies.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 13 May 2017, 15:20

Here is Bill Maher's terrific interview with Rep. Adam Schiff last night.  I have such a high regard for Adam Schiff and the work he and the House investigative committee are trying to do (no thanks to former Committee Chairman Nunes).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfmGQw56JmA

Last edited by Donnamarie on Sat 13 May 2017, 15:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 16 May 2017, 02:06

http://people.com/politics/trump-revealed-highly-classified-information-russian-officials-white-house/

[size=37]President Trump Revealed Highly Classified Information to Russian Officials During White House Visit: Reports[/size]

BY TIERNEY MCAFEE@TIERNEYMCAFEE

POSTED ON MAY 15, 2017 AT 7:08PM EDT

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 Sergey-lavrov[url=https://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fpolitics%2Ftrump-revealed-highly-classified-information-russian-officials-white-house%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F05%2Fsergey-lavrov.jpg%3Fw%3D1024&description=President Trump Revealed Highly Classified Information to Russian Officials During White House Visit:%C2%A0Reports][/url]
RUSSIAN FOREIGN MINISTRY PHOTO/AP
Multiple news outlets are reporting that President Donald Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador during their visit to the White House last week.
The Washington Post was the first to report the news, citing current and former U.S. officials who said Trump’s comments to the Russians “jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State.”
Two U.S. officials who were briefed on Trump’s disclosures confirmed to BuzzFeed News that the president disclosed classified national security information to Russia’s ambassador, Sergei Kislyak, and Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov during the visit.
One official said the situation is “far worse than what has already been reported.”
The Senate Intelligence Committee has also been briefed on Trump’s disclosures, according to one of the officials.
The New York Times also confirmed the veracity of The Washington Post’s report, citing a current and a former American government official who said that Trump shared details that could expose the source of the classified information and how it was obtained.

Officials told the newspaper that Trump’s disclosures were about an Islamic State plot. According to the Times, the disclosure did not appear to be illegal but rather a “major breach of espionage etiquette” that could “jeopardize a crucial intelligence-sharing relationship.”
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson issued a statement Monday denying Trump discussed “sources, methods or military operations” during his meeting with the Russian officials.

[ltr]
View image on Twitter
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 C_5rZ6RXoAAdtIM[/ltr]

Follow
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 Ce0Yrcvf_normalJeremy Diamond 

@JDiamond1
[ltr]JUST IN: Tillerson statement on Washington Post report: Trump & Russians "did not discuss sources, methods or military operations The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 1f447[/ltr]

6:29 PM - 15 May 2017 · Washington, DC

•  

•  202202 Retweets

•  195195 likes

Follow
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 YF0QVdcL_normalDan Merica 

@danmericaCNN
[ltr]Deputy NSA Dina Powell to @Acosta: "This story is false. The president only discussed the common threats that both countries faced."[/ltr]

6:32 PM - 15 May 2017

•  

•  109109 Retweets

•  7878 likes

Deputy National Security Advisor Dina Powell told CNN’s Jim Acosta: “This story is false. The president only discussed the common threats that both countries faced.”
RELATED VIDEO: Exclusive: Natasha Stoynoff Speaks Out: ‘I Don’t Want Women to Feel Afraid’

the investigation.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 16 May 2017, 06:49

Members of the German parliament (Bundestag) were rejected to visit soldiers oder our army in Incirlik, Turkey. They support the international troups who fight ISIS, and the Turkish government said they don't allow our MPs to visit Incirlik because several officers of the Turkish army have been granted asylum after they were charged to have participated in the putsch last summer. Last year we had the same problems after our parliament had resolved the Armenian genozide.

Today Erdogan will meet with Trump...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 16 May 2017, 06:56

About something we discussed last week:
We had elections in our biggest federal state in Germany last Sunday (it was always run by the Social Democratic Party), and the conservative candidate won, though hardly anybody knows zum and the former prime minister there is very charismatic. So we assume that the people voted for the conservatives to support Angela Merkel and her politics. Voters seem to like her unagitated way of running our country, not reacting to every single incident, instead waiting how the situation developes.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 16 May 2017, 15:32

Anybody interested in a new Spicer performance, given by Melissa?

Last edited by carolhathaway on Tue 16 May 2017, 15:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Can't spell...)
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 16 May 2017, 15:47

I just found a terrific tv spot by a Danish TV station about what divides and what brings us together. It's actually a shame that it's necessary to mention it...

carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 16 May 2017, 17:54

carolhathaway wrote:About something we discussed last week:
We had elections in our biggest federal state in Germany last Sunday (it was always run by the Social Democratic Party), and the conservative candidate won, though hardly anybody knows zum and the former prime minister there is very charismatic. So we assume that the people voted for the conservatives to support Angela Merkel and her politics. Voters seem to like her unagitated way of running our country, not reacting to every single incident, instead waiting how the situation developes.

Well Angela is the Leader of the Free World now. It is certainly not the current President of the U.S. ... and after the news of his antics with his Russian visitors in the White House last week he has no credibility at all.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 16 May 2017, 18:08

Mm. There's a stunning headline (in every sense of the word) on the front page of the NYT today:

'When the world is led by a child.........'

But I quite like this

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/805033/pay-trump-bribes-here-hotel-washington-projected-message-emoluments-clause

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 17 May 2017, 21:03

http://people.com/politics/president-trump-worst-treatment-history-twitter-reacts/

[size=37]No Pity Party After President Trump Bemoans Worst Treatment in History: ‘Think the Murdered Corpses of Lincoln and JFK Would Disagree’[/size]

BY TIERNEY MCAFEE@TIERNEYMCAFEE

POSTED ON MAY 17, 2017 AT 3:54PM EDT

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 Trump-leak[url=https://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fpolitics%2Fpresident-trump-worst-treatment-history-twitter-reacts%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F05%2Ftrump-leak.jpg%3Fw%3D1024&description=No Pity Party After President Trump Bemoans Worst Treatment in History: %E2%80%98Think the Murdered Corpses of Lincoln and JFK Would%C2%A0Disagree%E2%80%99][/url]
US PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP ATTENDS A MOTHER'S DAY EVENT HOSTED BY FIRST LADY MELANIA TRUMP FOR MILITARY SPOUSES IN THE EAST ROOM OF THE WHITE HOUSE IN WASHINGTON, DC, MAY 12, 2017. / AFP PHOTO / SAUL LOEB (PHOTO CREDIT SHOULD READ SAUL LOEB/AFP/GETTY IMAGES)
Amid calls from Democrats and some Republicans for an immediate investigation into Donald Trump‘s dealings with Russia and with former FBI Director James Comey, the president grumbled Wednesday that “no politician in history … has been treated worse or more unfairly.”
While delivering a commencement speech at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy in Connecticut, Trump struck a defiant tone against his own critics in the media and told graduates: “You can’t let the critics and the naysayers get in the way of your dreams. … I guess that’s why we won. Adversity makes you stronger. Don’t give in, don’t back down. … And the more righteous your fight, the more opposition that you will face.”
In the wake of the president’s complaining speech, Twitter was predictably unsympathetic, with many critics reminding Trump he led the “birther” movement against former President Barack Obama and others pointing to the assassinations of former Presidents John F. Kennedy and Abraham Lincoln.

Follow
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 E_jZo_UZ_normalGary @garyw_1986
[ltr]Trump claims he's been treated unfairly like any other person in politics.

Think the murdered corpses of Lincoln and JFK would disagree[/ltr]

1:40 PM - 17 May 2017

•  

•  Retweets

Follow
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 ETIPAX89_normalKate Tuttle @katekilla
[ltr]I hope the ghost of Abraham Lincoln comes to the bedroom tonight and goes OFF. http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/17/donald-trump-coast-guard-gradution-unfairly-treated-president-238505 …[/ltr]

2:14 PM - 17 May 2017

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 FRhia2cC?format=jpg&name=600x314

Trump: No politician ‘has been treated worse or more unfairly’

"You have to put your head down and fight, fight, fight. Never ever, ever give up,” President Donald Trump told the cadets.
politico.com

•  

•  33 Retweets

•  1010 likes

Follow
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 Yr4PkQof_normalCJ Werleman 

@cjwerleman
[ltr]Trump: no politician has been treated worse.

Wait, did someone accuse Trump of being a foreign born Muslim who assassinated JFK?[/ltr]

2:13 PM - 17 May 2017

•  

•  113113 Retweets

•  349349 likes

[ltr]
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 DAC_t8GWAAARmIp[/ltr]

Follow
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 HCSDMBhv_normalJim Messina 

@Messina2012
[ltr]Trump: No politician in history has been treated worse than me
Us: *remembers Lincoln,Garfield,McKinley & JFK assassinations & birther lie*[/ltr]

1:57 PM - 17 May 2017

•  

•  6767 Retweets

•  140140 likes

3h
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 OM4SfF51_normalThe Wolf Camp @thewolfcamp

[ltr]Trump lifted his speech to Liberty U from Legally Blonde. At the US Coast Guard Academy, he's talked about himself the entire time. pic.twitter.com/93iJ3aSaB7[/ltr]

Follow
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 V0OBB0LG_normalBright Bart @Nolarch1
[ltr]@thewolfcamp @PrincessBravato The big baby birther Trump complains that no president in history has been treated worse than him. Snowflake.[/ltr]

2:48 PM - 17 May 2017

•  

•  Retweets

•  11 like

Follow
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 C385MSMQ_normalLOLGOP @LOLGOP
[ltr]No politician has ever been treated worse, says Donald Trump, not even the one Trump called a foreign traitor who founded ISIS.[/ltr]

1:43 PM - 17 May 2017

•  

•  335335 Retweets

•  810810 likes

[ltr]
Twitter Ads info & Privacy[/ltr]

Follow
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 J-nHxWSx_normalDavid Yankovich 

@DavidYankovich
[ltr]Donald Trump is on tv whining to the Coast Guard about being treated worse than any President- 

Yet he forgets he led the birther movement.[/ltr]

12:21 PM - 17 May 2017

•  

•  2,2992,299 Retweets

•  4,4744,474 likes

[ltr]

RELATED VIDEO: Exclusive: Natasha Stoynoff Speaks Out: ‘I Don’t Want Women to Feel Afraid’

[size=49]Play Video[/size]

Exclusive: Natasha Stoynoff Speaks Out: ‘I Don’t Want Women to Feel Afraid’
Stoynoff Speaks to Jess Cagle in an Exclusive Video Interview on People/Entertainment Weekly Network

[ltr]
View image on Twitter
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 DADFqpnV0AAxESn[/ltr]

Follow
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 FOYs0Zkn_normalMichelle Weisenberg @Vodkavaliumd
[ltr]Pres. Trump at U.S. Coast Guard commencement: "No politician in history...has been treated worse or more unfairly." #growup#snowflake[/ltr]

2:20 PM - 17 May 2017

•  

•  Retweets

•  11 like

[ltr]

1h
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 I3NUKuQN_normalJoe Walsh 

✔ @WalshFreedom

[ltr]I ripped Obama cuz Obama talked about himself all the time.

At Coast Guard Commencement, Trump complains about how he's been treated? Smh https://twitter.com/amandawills/status/864877858874851328 …[/ltr]

Follow
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 KC6oQdrx_normalNanoushka @Nanoushka1
[ltr]@WalshFreedom Reagan, Lincoln, and Kennedy were shot. But I guess to hold Trump accountable for his lies is far worse.

What a snowflake.[/ltr]

2:28 PM - 17 May 2017

•  

•  Retweets

[ltr]

Follow
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 IL4qQdOj_normalDarth Vader @DepressedDarth
[ltr]Trump says no politician has ever been treated more unfairly. I disagree, after I destroyed Alderaan, the Rebel Alliance was very mean to me[/ltr]

1:24 PM - 17 May 2017

•  

•  464464 Retweets

•  869869 likes

[ltr]

[ltr]

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 DACyjySXYAAEaUWThe Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 DACyjySXUAAzjDbThe Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 DACyjyRXkAECbSjThe Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 DACyjyRWAAArS-I[/ltr]

Follow
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 Profilepic_normalDavid Schneider 

@davidschneider
[ltr]Trump: "no politician has ever been treated worse or more unfairly"[/ltr]

12:56 PM - 17 May 2017

•  

•  4,4874,487 Retweets

•  6,0166,016 likes

[ltr]

[ltr]
View image on Twitter
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 DADEpkTVoAAAcER[/ltr]

Follow
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 9m19solS_normalDana Gould @danagould
[ltr]Today, Pres Trump whined to a class of brave Coast Guard grads, "No politician in history has been treated worse or more unfairly."[/ltr]

2:15 PM - 17 May 2017

•  

•  5151 Retweets

•  178178 likes

[ltr]

Follow
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 Zc6Dyz_j_normalPé Resists @4everNeverTrump
[ltr]Birther-in-Chief crying about how he has been treated unfairly... to people who are going to put their lives on the line to save others. https://twitter.com/mviser/status/864876599904284678 …[/ltr]

12:49 PM - 17 May 2017

•  

•  171171 Retweets

•  345345 likes

[ltr]

Follow
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 RebVhmEe_normalAlex Griswold 

@HashtagGriswold
[ltr]Jake Tapper somewhat patiently explaining that there ARE presidents who were treated worse than Trump, including, um, the murdered ones.[/ltr]

3:05 PM - 17 May 2017

•  

•  55 Retweets

•  1515 likes

[ltr]

FROM PEN: People at the White House: The Final Interview with the Obamas

[size=49]Play Video[/size]

People at the White House: The Final Interview with The Obamas
President Obama and the First Lady Michelle Obama sit down with People Magazine to talk about the election, raising a family in the White House, and what is next.

Many tweets referred to comments by CNN’s Jake Tapper, who cited on air the assassinations of Lincoln, Kennedy and former Presidents James A. Garfield and William McKinley.
He also referenced Trump’s prolific claims that Obama was not a U.S. citizen, calling them “not a little racist.”

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 17 May 2017, 21:11

He is such a baby it is ridiculous , please you get no pity you wanted the job you got it dumb ass now deal with it.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 17 May 2017, 21:17

annemarie, Trumpster brought it all on himself. Right? He is his own worst enemy. No pity party here ...
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 19 May 2017, 14:00

Beware Europe! Trump is headed your way. Hopefully he will be on his "good" behavior affraid
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Fri 19 May 2017, 15:06

Donna,
I hope he won't be disappointed that there aren't many p...s to grab at the Vatikan...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 19 May 2017, 15:34

Yes I feel for Europe not so much Saudi Arabia, Mr and Mrs Trump will be there.

Good behavior the only way that would happen is if he lost his voice for the entire trip.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Fri 19 May 2017, 21:59

Trump seems to have been 'nice' when meeting with Lagrov:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/us/politics/trump-russia-comey.html?hp&action

Sorry, I tried to post the whole article but it didn't come out properly.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Fri 19 May 2017, 22:03

By the way: 
Does anybody notice that you barely see or hear or read anything from Mike Pence. Doesn't he have a job in your government? A job like - let me think - Vice President?

Quite interesting IMO...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 19 May 2017, 23:37

http://people.com/politics/president-trump-to-russian-diplomats-firing-nut-job-james-comey-relieved-pressure-from-russia-probe/

[size=37]President Trump to Russian Diplomats: Firing ‘Nut Job’ James Comey Relieved Pressure From Russia Probe[/size]

BY MAHITA GAJANAN

POSTED ON MAY 19, 2017 AT 5:41PM EDT

• TWEET
  • EMAIL

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 Trump9.jpg?crop=0px%2C0px%2C4114px%2C2741[url=https://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fpolitics%2Fpresident-trump-to-russian-diplomats-firing-nut-job-james-comey-relieved-pressure-from-russia-probe%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F05%2Ftrump9.jpg%3Fw%3D1024&description=President Trump to Russian Diplomats: Firing %E2%80%98Nut Job%E2%80%99 James Comey Relieved Pressure From Russia%C2%A0Probe][/url]
WASHINGTON, DC - MAY 18: U.S. PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP ATTENDS A JOINT NEWS CONFERENCE WITH COLOMBIAN PRESIDENT JUAN MANUEL SANTOS AT THE WHITE HOUSE MAY 18, 2017 IN WASHINGTON, DC. THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION HAS SAID IT WANTS TO SLASH FOREIGN AIDE AND SANTOS WILL MOST LIKELY SEEK A RENEWAL OF $450 MILLION DOLLARS FROM THE U.S. THAT SUPPORTS THE PEACE ACCORD BETWEEN THE COLUMBIAN GOVERNMENT AT THE REVOLUTIONARY ARMED FORCES (FARC). (PHOTO BY MARK WILSON/GETTY IMAGES)
President Donald Trump told Russian diplomats who visited the Oval Office that firing former FBI director James Comey relieved “great pressure” he felt regarding the bureau’s investigation into possible collusion between his campaign and Russian operatives, according to a New York Times report.
Trump referred to Comey, who was fired earlier this month, as a “real nut job,” according to the Times, which cited a document that summarized the president’s meeting with Russian foreign minister Sergey Lavrov and Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak.
“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Trump said, according to the Times. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”
“I’m not under investigation,” he added, according to the Times.
Trump’s comments again highlight that he seemingly fired Comey because he was frustrated with the FBI’s investigation into ties between his campaign and Russia. Although he essentially said he came to his decision because of the investigation during an interview with NBC News last week, the White House’s official reasoning for firing Comey has shifted several times.
The meeting between Trump and the Russian officials also proved controversial after it was revealed that the president disclosed classified information to the diplomats.

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer did not dispute the Times account of Trump’s conversation with the Russian officials. He said in a statement that Comey put pressure on Trump’s ability to work on diplomatic matters with Russia.
“By grandstanding and politicizing the investigation into Russia’s actions, James Comey created unnecessary pressure on our ability to engage and negotiate with Russia,” Spicer said. “The investigation would have always continued, and obviously, the termination of Comey would not have ended it. Once again, the real story is that our national security has been undermined by the leaking of private and highly classified conversations.”
This article originally appeared on Time.com

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 20 May 2017, 01:25

carolhathaway wrote:By the way: 
Does anybody notice that you barely see or hear or read anything from Mike Pence. Doesn't he have a job in your government? A job like - let me think - Vice President?

Quite interesting IMO...
Actually, the vice presidential job is often considered almost a joke. The role of vice president is whatever the President wants it to be, and if he doesn't want it to be relevant, it isn't. The VP just kind of waits around in case the President drops dead - unless the President really wants him to do important work.

Most vice presidents aren't especially visible. Mike Pence is probably in hiding, trying to keep as much distance between himself and Trump as possible!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 20 May 2017, 03:56

As Lizzy said the VP job is whatever the President wants it to be.  Trump sends Pence up to Capitol Hill frequently to meet with Members of Congress behind the scenes  to get support for Trump's policies ... like the health care bill.  Trump sure as hell cant talk policy to Members.  But it's not unusual for a VP to take on this role.   He also went to North Korea recently.  That got a lot of news coverage here in the states.  And by news accounts it looks like everyone in the White House went on this overseas trip with Trump ... except Pence.  Guess he and the lawyers were left behind to keep a lid on the explosion of breaking news the last couple of weeks regarding the White House, Trump, Comey and the Russians.  

Pence may be in a bit of trouble himself.  He claimed in March that he didn't know that Mike Flynn was receiving money as a foreign agent for Turkey.  But back in November when Pence was head of the transition team the head of the Congressional House Oversight Committee sent a letter to Pence stating concerns over Flynn receiving monies from Turkey.  The letter was confirmed to have been received by the White House transition team yet Pence denies ever being personally informed.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Sat 20 May 2017, 03:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct spelling)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 20 May 2017, 07:59

Okay, so that's different from the job of our vice chancellor in Germany who - to be fair- has the job of a secretary as well, so these jobs often mix up...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 20 May 2017, 21:25

Trump, Ivanka and Melania are in Saudia Arabia so which one is actually the first lady? 
He is giving a speech on radical Islam.
Also when Michelle and Hillary went to Saudi Arabia, and didn't cover their hair he said it was insulting to the Saudis.
Well, guess what neither of these two covered their heads wonder if it is just as insulting.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 20 May 2017, 23:00

None of the rules apply to him or his - only to everyone else. Maybe we'll get lucky and he won't come back.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 20 May 2017, 23:52

Lizzy, my husband said the same thing.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sun 21 May 2017, 08:16

As long as He doesn't stay in Europe, I'd be fine with that!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 21 May 2017, 12:11

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4526092/Roger-Stone-Trump-s-Saudi-award-makes-want-puke.html

'This makes me want to puke': Trump loyalist Roger Stone slams President for accepting highest civilian honor from 'enemy' Saudi after they 'financed' 9/11

• Roger Stone blasted President Donald Trump for receiving Saudi Arabian medal

• He said seeing pictures of the ceremony 'makes me want to puke' 

• Stone suggested that Saudi Arabia pay for the 9/11 attacks 'which they financed'

• Reports have come out since the 2001 terrorist attacks that the country was funding Muslim radicalism in American mosques and charities at the time

• Additionally many US Saudis were found to be receiving money from royal family members

• Saudi Arabia is Trump's first stop on a nine-day trip including Israel and The Vatican

• He was accompanied by First Lady Melania Trump, daughter Ivanka Trump and son-in-law Jared Kushner

• Melania and Ivanka created controversy for not wearing headscarves as is required by female citizens

• The President also created a buzz on Twitter for 'curtsying' to the King upon awarded his medal

B
Trump supporter Roger Stone blasted the president for meeting Saudi Arabian leaders on Thursday.
The self-proclaimed adviser to the commander-in-chief said the Saudis' presentation of a gold medallion to Trump made him 'want to puke'.
In a tirade of Tweets, Stone berated the Arabian state, saying they should 'pay for the attack on America on 9/11 which they financed'.
The attacks, in which planes were flown into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, as well as a crash in Shanksville, Pennsylvania, killed nearly 3,000 people. 
Out of the 19 hijackers of 9/11, 15 of them were from Saudi Arabia and three of them had worked for the kingdom previously. 
According to one declassified intelligence document, the oil-rich nation was found to be funding Muslim radicalism in mosques and charities at the time of the attacks.
Additionally, one Saudi, who was receiving money from Prince Bandar bin Sultan reportedly told an FBI informant it was useless for the US to limit entry visas because there were already several Muslims in the country to destroy it and create an Islamic state.
SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO 
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 409902B600000578-4526092-Trump_supporter_Roger_Stone_blasted_the_president_for_meeting_Sa-a-15_1495343590833

+11

Trump supporter Roger Stone blasted the president for meeting Saudi Arabian leaders on Thursday saying his receiving of a medal from the King made him want to 'throw up'
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 409900F200000578-4526092-Stone_also_berated_the_Arabian_state_saying_they_should_pay_for_-a-16_1495343595733

+11

Stone also berated the Arabian state, saying they should 'pay for the attack on America on 9/11 which they financed'
In a lawsuit filed in March 2017, families of 800 victims and 1,500 first responders filed a lawsuit against the nation.
In the suit, officials of Saudi embassies are accused of helping hijackers Salem Al-Hazmi and Khalid Al-Mihdhar for more than a year before the tragedy.

RELATED ARTICLES

• Previous

• Next

• The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 4093AFAE00000578-0-image-m-65_1495325624772Trump signs a record-breaking £85bn arms deal with Saudi...The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 Wire-608029-1495324204-936_87x84Saudis welcome Trump with gold medal, receive arms package

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

Stone then slammed Trump for accepting the Order of Abdulaziz from King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud.
The order is the Middle Eastern nation's highest civilian honor and the presentation occurred during a ceremony in the capital of Riyadh.
Both former Presidents Barack Obama and George W Bush received it.
Stone also suggested, however, that Trump accepted the award only at the suggestion of his son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner, although he doesn't say why he made the assertion. 
Trump labeled the accusations as 'fake news' and stated in a Tweet that he had 'not spoken to Roger in a long time'.
A White House spokesperson reiterated the statements saying: 'The President has not spoken to Roger Stone in many months and any reports suggesting otherwise are categorically untrue.'
 Stone, however, pushed back, insisting in a tweet that he 'urged' Trump to fire former FBI director James Comey.
Last week on ABC's The View, he claimed that the two had spoken 'very recently. 

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 4098A85500000578-4526092-image-a-71_1495329036151

+11

Stone also suggested that he advised Trump to fire former FBI director James Comey (Trump and Stone pictured together in August 2015)
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 4098CC6900000578-4526092-image-a-1_1495337382084

+11

According to one declassified intelligence document, the oil-rich nation was found to be funding Muslim radicalism in mosques and charities at the time of the attacks, which claimed nearly 3,000 American lives
Saudi Arabia is the President's first stop on a nine-day overseas trip, his first since taking office.
Trump arrived in the country to begin his first foreign trip as president, and gave King Salaman a firm handshake as he was greeted by a red carpet and grandeur. 
By comparison, President Obama met the then-Saudi King Abdullah in 2009 during a G-20 conference in London, and bowed to him, breaking from official State Department policy that advises the President not to bow to world leaders. 
Trump was accompanied by First Lady Melania Trump as well as his daughter Ivanka Trump and Kushner.
Melania and Ivanka opted not to wear head scarves during the tour, less than two years after the president slammed former first lady Michelle Obama for failing to cover her head.
Melania was dressed elegantly in what is believed to be a $1,495 black Stella McCartney jumpsuit, cinched at the waist with a wide gold belt.
The President's daughter wore a $1,490 long-sleeved printed Cédric Charlier maxi dress that showed her ankles and her tan pumps as she held hands with her husband.
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 4092447700000578-4526092-Melania_Trump_chose_not_to_wear_a_head_scarf_when_she_and_Presid-a-6_1495342792435

+11

Melania Trump chose not to wear a head scarf when she and President Donald Trump arrived in Saudi Arabia Saturday, despite the religious country's strict dress code for women
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 40909E7600000578-4524974-image-a-1_1495286073863

+11

Ivanka also chose to opt out of wearing a head covering for her arrival in Riyadh with her husband Jared Kushner
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 4093876E00000578-4526092-Michelle_Obama_did_not_wear_a_head_covering_when_she_and_then_Pr-a-7_1495342917371

+11

Michelle Obama did not wear a head covering when she and then-President Barack Obama visited Saudi Arabia on a condolence visit in 2015, pictured
Melania's predecessor Michelle Obama did not cover her head when she accompanied then-President Barack Obama on a condolence visit in January 2015 after the death of King Abdullah.
Donald Trump tweeted his disapproval at the time, saying: 'Many people are saying it was wonderful that Mrs. Obama refused to wear a scarf in Saudi Arabia, but they were insulted. We have enuf (sic) enemies.' 
Upon being awarded by Saudi King's Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Trump gave a shy curtsy, sending his savage Twitter critics in to overdrive.
Instead of bowing, he gave an ever-so-slight bend of the knees once the ornate medallion was round his neck.
The greeting is ordinarily reserved for women and girls and is seldom performed for Middle Eastern royalty.
Trump's use of it on Saturday sparked two simultaneous strains of ridicule - one on his poor grasp of etiquette and another which begged the more serious question of whether it was a sign of his willingness to bow down to deep-pocketed Arabs during his first trip overseas as president.
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 4098730200000578-4526092-image-a-59_1495326804897

+11

Saudi Arabia is the President's first stop on a nine-day overseas trip, his first since taking office. The two nations agreed to a defense deal worth nearly $110billion (King Abdulaziz Al Saud, right, speaks to President Trump after the presentation of the medal)

[size=3]Lo
[/size]

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 4098BD4F00000578-4526092-image-a-8_1495343247380

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 4098C6ED00000578-4526092-image-a-9_1495343251650

Also creating more laughs that evening came from Trump and his Cabinet taking part in a traditional sword dance.
The President was spotted swaying and smiling as he stood shoulder to shoulder with Saudis for the ceremonial male-only sword dance on Saturday.
Trump's Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross were more inclined to get involved as they linked arms with the men next to them and awkwardly danced to the drum beats as they held their swords.  

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 4098892B00000578-4526092-image-a-19_1495343988378

+11

The President and the First Lady were invited to a plate of sweets with King o Abdulaziz Al Saud (right) before taking part in an evening celebration
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 4095941C00000578-4526092-President_Trump_was_spotted_laughing_as_he_held_the_sword_during-a-10_1495343480484

+11

President Trump was spotted laughing as he held the sword during the traditional sword dance
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 10 409597BC00000578-4526092-Trump_s_Secretary_of_State_Rex_Tillerson_right_and_Commerce_Secr-a-14_1495343518318

+11

Trump's Secretary of State Rex Tillerson (right) and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross (left) were more inclined to get involved as they linked arms and awkwardly danced to the drum beats while holding their swords

[size=18]Trump sways during traditional sword dance in Saudi Arabia

aded: 0%
T                  TRUMP
[/size]p is also scheduled to visit Israel and the Vatican. Aides say that Trump's message will be one of 'religious unity', before attending a G7 summit in Italy.
The president's Saudi Arabia visit culminated with a joint pledge to 'counter violent extremism, disrupt the financing of terrorism and advance defense cooperation' between Saudi Arabia and the US.
The two nations also agreed to a defense deal worth nearly $110billion. 
Speaking to journalists afterwards, Trump said it was a 'tremendous day' and added that 'hundreds of billions of dollars of investments into the United States and jobs, jobs, jobs. So I would like to thank all of the people of Saudi Arabia.'

[size=18]Saudi King presents Trump with top civilian honour

L
[/size]

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 21 May 2017, 12:22

This guy is butt hurt why, what did he expect old mister I'm the greatest ever to do. We all know he wouldn't turn down the honor. He does business with the Saudis.

You hope the idiots who voted him in are seeing this and get it . He wanted Saudi sued yet is bowing and curtsying to these people. What a damn joke he is .

As for the bow and curtsy America is at high joke status.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sun 21 May 2017, 13:17

Did you watch Maher's and Colbert's shows? Great as usual!

carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 21 May 2017, 14:35

Trump must love the adulation he is getting from the Saudis. All that stuff he said about the Saudis in the past ... out the window now. This is classic Trump. As long as you say wonderful things about him (and kiss his ass) you can do no wrong. Trump must be thinking that this is the way I should be treated in my country ... with respect and appreciation.

Personally this love fest in Saudi Arabia with Trump is disturbing considering what's going on with him here at home.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next