George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Have you already seen 'Money Monster'? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Have you already seen 'Money Monster'? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Have you already seen 'Money Monster'? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Have you already seen 'Money Monster'? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Have you already seen 'Money Monster'? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Have you already seen 'Money Monster'? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Have you already seen 'Money Monster'? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Have you already seen 'Money Monster'? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Have you already seen 'Money Monster'? EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Have you already seen 'Money Monster'?

5 posters

Go down

Have you already seen 'Money Monster'? Empty Have you already seen 'Money Monster'?

Post by carolhathaway Sun 29 May 2016, 21:10

I've just been to the movies to watch 'Money Monster' with my husband, and we both really liked it, we think it's a terrific movie!
Who else has seen it? I know that Donna talked about it. Anybody else?
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Have you already seen 'Money Monster'? Empty Re: Have you already seen 'Money Monster'?

Post by Donnamarie Mon 30 May 2016, 18:57

I think it just opened in the UK this weekend. And in Germany too I guess since you and husband went carolhathaway. Glad you liked it.

I did too. It is a "popcorn" movie where you can just sit back and enjoy the ride. I just watched The Big Short a couple of weeks ago which is also about Wall Street. But a completely different kind of movie.

I did want to say a few things about MM but it doesn't seem anyone else has had a chance to check it out yet.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Have you already seen 'Money Monster'? Empty Re: Have you already seen 'Money Monster'?

Post by amaretti Mon 30 May 2016, 19:19

I love a popcorn movie . Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Mon 30 May 2016, 22:01

Donna,
it really was a ride!
I had to go to the bathroom during the movie (shouldn't have drunk anything before it started) and waited to the very last moment because I always thought that the pace slowed and there would be a sort of 'break' so I wouldn't miss anything but there wasn't.

I don't know how Wall Street or stock trading in general really works so I can't judge if the scenario is realistic, but the story worked for me and I was able to follow it. (I remember when I saw 'Syriana' for the first time, I just didn't understand the whole story. I needed to watch it a few times and read some of the background story to really understand all if it. So I was quite happy that I got it this time.)
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 31 Jan 2017, 15:28

"Money Monster" might happen to be my favorite George Clooney film since Gravity. 
Really funny yet energetic interactions between George and Julia, tense lines reflecting the stock market,  and pretty fast pace that won't get you bored. The character Lee Gates undoubtedly suits George very we and I could watch his show go on like forever. The only problem was that they changed the original ending from the script so much to make it easier for the audience, unfortunately picking up a silly replacement instead. That choice cost the depth of the theme, IMO.
Anyway, a very enjoyable commercial movie for the adults, a solid success at the boxoffice. Congrats to George and his production team.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 31 Jan 2017, 16:33

Nice words Sevens.  I liked it too on one level.  It was entertaining and George is always easy on the eye .... But there were parts of the movie that I didn't find plausible or compelling.  I especially did not like the ending.  I've only seen it once so I should go back and watch it again.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 31 Jan 2017, 16:53

I read the script before watching the movie, apparently the original ending was a bit complicated yet smart and plausible, intelligent as Jodie is, she certainly could tell the difference there. Obviously the studio forced her to change the ending a lot. I could also feel a couple of funny scenes were added later by the director.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 31 Jan 2017, 19:06

That's interesting Sevens.  Good to know.  Too bad they didn't stick with the original ending.  Studios need to stop dumbing down film projects because they assume the audience won't get it.  Give me smart and intelligent anytime over simplistic and predictable.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 01 Feb 2017, 03:41

This was an enjoyable film. Not sure it really needed to be at the cinema because it had such a 'small screen' feel to it, but I'll watch it again when I get the chance.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down