George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Boycott George Clooney's Films EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Boycott George Clooney's Films EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Boycott George Clooney's Films EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Boycott George Clooney's Films EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Boycott George Clooney's Films EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Boycott George Clooney's Films EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Boycott George Clooney's Films EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Boycott George Clooney's Films EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Boycott George Clooney's Films EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Boycott George Clooney's Films

+5
Donnamarie
LizzyNY
annemarie
Way2Old4Dis
melbert
9 posters

Go down

Boycott George Clooney's Films Empty Boycott George Clooney's Films

Post by melbert Sun 17 Apr 2016, 22:08

Oh, the errors!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Goal

To boycott upcoming George Clooney films including the next release titled "Money Monster"

What to do:

• Do not watch any film that George Clooney is a part of
  • Do not watch the movie "Money Monster" scheduled for a May 13th, 2016 release

Why

George and Amal Clooney are hosting a fundraiser for HRC. It will cost more than four times the average income in San Francisco to have dinner next to Hillary Clinton and the Clooneys there. For two seats at the head table with Clinton, George Clooney and his wife, attorney Amal Clooney, at an April 15 fundraiser, a couple must contribute or raise a whopping $353,400 — a huge ticket price for a hard-dollar fundraiser. Paying out that amount will get deep-pocketed supporters — almost all of whom have shelled out for Clinton on her previous eight visits to the Hollywood ATM — co-host status and a “host reception with the Clooneys and Hillary and preferred dinner seating. For the cheapskates, $33,400-per-person will get you “a photo with Hillary.” This set of fundraisers is expected to rake in $15 Million for Hillary's campaign.

George Clooney claims to be a progressive, yet acts in contrast. Rich people should not be allowed to buy politicians. Imagine, for example, how far $30,000 could go to help the homelessness problem in San Francisco. This corruption-fest is not just undemocratic, it is immoral and obscene! This is not democracy, but far from it. This is legal bribery and corruption.  

Updates & Announcements

Apr 17, 2016

George Clooney- Hollywood hypocrite

On "Meet the Press" on NBC this morning, George Clooney agreed that there currently is an obscene amount of money in politics, yet proceeds to raise obscene amounts of money into politics. If that's not hypocritical I don't know what is.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Boycott George Clooney's Films Empty Re: Boycott George Clooney's Films

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 17 Apr 2016, 22:18

Everybody who dislikes George is already "boycotting" his movies.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 17 Apr 2016, 22:20

And a few of his diehards are boycotting too.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 17 Apr 2016, 22:45

The money was not all for Hillary's campaign please let's just ignore the truth. Did they watch George do they not understand the change to this law will
happen only if enough Democrats get into senate. They can't get there if they don't have money for their campaigns I can't believe people  can't understand that.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 17 Apr 2016, 23:20

I find this really funny. Of course there's a backlash! Anyone who didn't see this coming is brain dead. If it didn't come from Bernie's camp or his idealistic little followers it came from the Republicans. Either way it was totally to be expected - and totally silly. Anyone who would take this seriously and boycott his films wouldn't be going to see them anyway - his movies are for people who can think beyond a third grade level.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 18 Apr 2016, 00:06

It is so silly. And in a few months this hoopla will be old news.

What would really disappoint me is if George decided not to be involved with these fundraisers because he was afraid of how the backlash would affect his career.

Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 18 Apr 2016, 00:53

I don't think he's worried about it. At this point, if people stop coming to see him in movies he'll just move behind the camera a little sooner than planned. It's where he's headed anyway - there and his humanitarian work.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 18 Apr 2016, 13:56

So are these same people going to boycott Steven Spielberg movies, Jeffrey Katzenberg's Dreamworks productions and stop watching Ellen Degeneres ...

Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 18 Apr 2016, 14:50

Good question Donnamarie I would guess not since George was the only one named. The whole thing is ridiculous.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Mon 18 Apr 2016, 15:13

So it's the usual black-and-white bashing...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 18 Apr 2016, 15:48

annemarie it is so ridiculous. And I doubt that George is concerned about all of this.

Carol, I think a majority of Sanders' supporters are incredibly idealistic and/or very ill informed. The idea that some are calling to boycott George's films is stupid and meaningless. They read a headline that George is hosting fundraisers for Hillary and OMG that's horrible. What about all the Hollywood types who cohosted these events? And the attendees? And what about Sting and Drew Barrymore who had a fundraiser for Hillary in December? Selective hypocrisy.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 18 Apr 2016, 15:49

Yep. For whatever reason, George put himself out there as the spokesman on this situation so he's taking all the heat. He knew he would, but he's a big boy. He can take it.

I would like to hear Hillary say something in his defense, though, since this whole mess was the result of something done for her benefit. And some of the other sponsors could speak up, too. They're heavyweights. It wouldn't kill them.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 18 Apr 2016, 16:33

Frankly , I don't think anyone needs to to defend George, he did what he had to do and felt was right. It would simply be seen as Hillary sticking up for her own.  Nothing that is said can change people's minds they believe what they want. Even with George explaining clearly they still want to boycott.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 18 Apr 2016, 16:57

annemarie -It isn't that George needs defending. He doesn't, and he'd be the first to say so. The boycott is really a non-issue. I just think the whole fundraiser issue needs to be publicly discussed and not just by George.

If you think Hillary would be seen as self-serving, how would you feel about others, like Katzenberg and Spielberg speaking out? Or DeGeneres? Or Jane Fonda? They're all long-time party supporters. Why aren't they out there explaining why these fundraisers are necessary? The issue is important and deserves more attention - just not only from George.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 18 Apr 2016, 17:06

George said in his interview yesterday that Hillary needed to do more ... on this issue of fundraising. I love that he was quite frank about it. She should have brought it up in the last debate with Sanders. She should have made it clear that most of her fundraising proceeds are going to candidates running for Senate and House races. And she should have pointed out that Sanders has barely contributed any of the $44 million he has raised towards any candidates. How is he supporting the Democratic Party. George is right. She needs to make this a campaign issue.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fingersandtoes Mon 18 Apr 2016, 17:23

Hi everyone, I'm a new poster here. I'm sorry if I break the board etiquette just posting my first time in this thread.. 

Anyway, these boycotts against Clooney's films, because he's practicing his right to support a presidential candidate are just irresponsible. Fine, don't watch the movie if it doesn't interest you, but to organise boycotts because he's supporting Hillary instead of Bernie, just no. George's not the only person working on the film, there are hundreds of people, whose pay is much less than George's, who will be affected more than him. 

But most likely these people weren't going to see GC movie regardless, so the boycott is just silly noise.

Fingersandtoes
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 18 Apr 2016, 18:02

Hi fingersandtoes welcome to the forum. Your right the people who are boycotting were never going to see the movie in the first place.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 18 Apr 2016, 20:05

Hi Fingersandtoes. Welcome again and appreciate your thoughts. We're on the same page.

Don't be bashful. Dive right in here. Always good to have another opinion on our special guy Very Happy
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 19 Apr 2016, 00:25

This is something that just never comes up in my life.  I feel like most of the politicians I truly dislike are supported by celebrities I wouldn't be watching anyway.  Their support of said politician only confirms I was right about them in the first place.  I think that's probably true of most people, and since George has never been a wallflower when it comes to politics, anyone put off by them probably hasn't seen a Clooney film since Batman. Although maybe THAT'S why they initially started boycotting. Wink
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 19 Apr 2016, 00:37

I may be the only one on the planet that liked batman oh well.lol

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 19 Apr 2016, 01:08

I saw it three times in the theater. Terrible acting or not, George was bringing the hotness. I will show up for two hours of George in black rubber any day.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 19 Apr 2016, 01:31

George in black rubber? All kinds of images are dancing in my head
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 19 Apr 2016, 02:15

annemarie wrote:I may be the only one on the planet that liked batman oh well.lol
No you're not. Well, not totally. I've probably seen it half a dozen times and heard it two or three times more. Sometimes when it's on tv I leave it on for background noise while I"m doing other things. I stop and watch certain scenes and then go back to work.  The movie is kind of stupid - not campy enough to be funny but not good enough to be a thrilling action flick. Joel Shumacher should be ashamed of himself, but IMO George makes a great Bruce Wayne (Batman, not so much).
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 19 Apr 2016, 05:37

I like that film !
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down