George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Amal to have underwear named after her EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal to have underwear named after her EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Amal to have underwear named after her EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal to have underwear named after her EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Amal to have underwear named after her EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Amal to have underwear named after her EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Amal to have underwear named after her EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Amal to have underwear named after her EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Amal to have underwear named after her EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal to have underwear named after her

+9
starlove
Had.e6
annemarie
party animal - not!
Donnamarie
amaretti
fava
carolhathaway
PigPen
13 posters

Go down

Amal to have underwear named after her Empty Amal to have underwear named after her

Post by PigPen Fri 04 Mar 2016, 16:46

oh brother!!!!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The designer of Little Black Pants Club is set to put Amal Clooney’s name with a permanent stitch in a new line of lingerie she is launching. Alice Holloway, the designer behind the brand, has released a black bra and panties set called Alamuddin to honor the human rights lawyer with that as her maiden name.
The sexy and lacy set is created with organic cotton and bamboo, and this particular line has sets named after famous women such as Amal Clooney.
The Daily Mail shares details about Holloway’s background and inspiration for the direction of her career and lingerie line.
“The 30-year-old, a graduate from Central Saint Martins, has already released lingerie called Obama, Minogue and Merkel. She has also created items which give a nod to Jessica Ennis, DJ Lauren Laverne and actress Tilda Swinton.”
When speaking with the Daily Mail, Holloway admitted that Amal Clooney did not have any say about the set and has not been in contact with Holloway. The soon-to-be-mommy did relay that she simply named her garments after powerful women who have inspired her over the years. The Daily Mail shares the designer’s words on the topic.
“She has no association with the product. But, when I was choosing names, I was looking for words that evoke powerful, strong emotions and I took some inspiration for that from real life. I think there is something about underwear that can give you a secret boost. If you are having a bad day and are crying in the toilet over something, you can remember that you are wearing a certain set of underwear that no-one knows about – and if it connects to a role-model who is strong and powerful, it can give you a real boost.”
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][Photo by Eamonn M. McCormack/Getty Images]
Much like the Fabletics brand by actress Kate Hudson, Little Black Pants Club members pay a subscription fee and are treated to a different made-to-order set of bra and underwear each month.
It’s no wonder that Amal Clooney was one of the inspirational women to have a set named after her. Lebanese-born Amal was educated at Oxford and was called to the bar 14 years ago when she set off to work in the U.S. before taking on work at the UN and International Court of Justice in The Hague.
At this point, Clooney works for Doughty Street Chambers in the U.K. Now 38-years-old, her clients have included “Julian Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks, in his fight against extradition. She has also represented the former prime minister of Ukraine, Yulia Tymoshenko.”
Although the barrister has been referred to in the past as simply the wife of actor George Clooney, the beauty is clearly far more than a piece of arm candy for the Hollywood heartthrob. The two were married in September 2014 and have a number of homes together, including one near Reading, Berkshire, close to the Thames. Amal keeps the U.K. as her home base for work and has had a great deal of inspiration on women within the U.K. as well as those from Lebanon, where she has begun a scholarship program.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][Photo by Tibrina Hobson/Getty Images]
The hot couple certainly are great complements to one another. George is not just about impressing on the big screen, as he too has been involved in the fight for human rights and is always sure to voice his opinions and thoughts on political matters. Most recently, he was sure to say exactly what he feels about presidential candidate Donald Trump.The Guardian relays the star’s words.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Amal to have underwear named after her Empty Re: Amal to have underwear named after her

Post by carolhathaway Fri 04 Mar 2016, 17:28

Can you just name a product after somebody without asking her? I thought the person needs to agree with it...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Amal to have underwear named after her Empty Re: Amal to have underwear named after her

Post by fava Fri 04 Mar 2016, 17:30

I want to see a picture of the Merkel underwear!

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Fri 04 Mar 2016, 17:59

How bout the Georgie sling . He he heee heeeee. Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 04 Mar 2016, 18:04

carolhathaway I guess you can. I would think you need permission. If she has already created Obama and Merkel undergarments without repercussions then I guess it's ok.

I'll check her website. Merkel underwear?! That's fascinating ..........
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 04 Mar 2016, 18:28

This is obviously her 'trademark', and as they're called 'Alamuddin' probably a few of those in the phone book - and Merkels and Obamas.

Wonder who would buy them tho........?!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 04 Mar 2016, 21:06

So basically she names her designs after people who inspire her. So Amal has nothing to do with this at all.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 05 Mar 2016, 00:40

Checked her website and Facebook page. The lingerie is pretty. The Merkel set is really just a pretty bra and high waisted knickers. Amal's set is a lovely lace inset bra and bikini panties. But I don't see anything that distinctive about the design. I guess the selling point is the famous women named sets, the fabric content and the comfort.

I recall that Katiedot had a thing about wearing matched underwear? Right? Well here you go Katiedot ...
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Had.e6 Sat 05 Mar 2016, 00:49

I love it
Had.e6
Had.e6
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by starlove Sat 05 Mar 2016, 03:48

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Imho., Here, Trinidad and Tobago, 14 hours ago
Thank you, I would need time to erase a picture from my mind of a stick insect wearing lingerie. Blech.

Anita L, Italy, 13 hours ago
She's got nothing to fill the underwear with !

Dr Stupid, Manchester, 14 hours ago
To me she looks like Luis Suarez in drag. Never see them in the same room together, that's all I'm saying.........

Svetlana, London, United Kingdom, 8 hours ago
She doesn't have enough behind to fill the cut of those.

MissCane9, New York City, about 6 hours ago
Allamuddin: all the mud in. Not good. And who thinks Amal is sexy to begin with?

Imho., Here, Trinidad and Tobago, about 8 hours ago
Lingerie " à la mud in " ? Eww.

starlove
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 05 Mar 2016, 04:18

What is the point of posting these nasty and degrading comments here?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 05 Mar 2016, 05:20

Why not?  The good, the bad and the ugly!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 05 Mar 2016, 13:39

I guess she can name the underwear "Alamudddin" - it's a last name probably shared by thousands of people - but I can't see her using the photos of George and Amal on her website without their permission.

It's not like it's a personal site and she's posting a selfie. This is a business site and shes using their images to attract business and make money. George usually gets paid for stuff like that. If this comes to the notice of George's people,she may get a visit from his lawyers .
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 05 Mar 2016, 19:29

I think she definitely will hear from his lawyers.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 07 Mar 2016, 12:13

Amal Amal!....time to put your big girl pants on, and issue a cease and desist letter.....see what I did there.... Made myself laugh...Very Happy:D:D
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 07 Mar 2016, 18:26

WWHS - Me too! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebe Mon 07 Mar 2016, 19:06

For all we know when George and Amal visited Angela Merkel, Amal and Angela may have spent some time together out of sight of the press to discuss 'Pantygate'. Amal may also have spoken to Tilda Swinton as she knows George. Little Black Pants Club be afraid, be very afraid! pale pale pale You should consult your lawyer right away. But how will they cope  in court when they are up against the most important, most beautiful etc barrister on the planet?

Shit hits the fan

Hebe
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 07 Mar 2016, 19:15

The most distinguished venerable Barrister will no doubt be well briefed....exposure is not something she will cower from....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 08 Mar 2016, 03:57

The first rule of Little Black Pants Club is we don't talk about Little Black Pants Club!!!  Lightsabre fight
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down