George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
UK company filming George Clooney (and Bill Murray?) for US doc released January Dec 11 2015 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
UK company filming George Clooney (and Bill Murray?) for US doc released January Dec 11 2015 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
UK company filming George Clooney (and Bill Murray?) for US doc released January Dec 11 2015 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
UK company filming George Clooney (and Bill Murray?) for US doc released January Dec 11 2015 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
UK company filming George Clooney (and Bill Murray?) for US doc released January Dec 11 2015 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
UK company filming George Clooney (and Bill Murray?) for US doc released January Dec 11 2015 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
UK company filming George Clooney (and Bill Murray?) for US doc released January Dec 11 2015 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
UK company filming George Clooney (and Bill Murray?) for US doc released January Dec 11 2015 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
UK company filming George Clooney (and Bill Murray?) for US doc released January Dec 11 2015 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

UK company filming George Clooney (and Bill Murray?) for US doc released January Dec 11 2015

+5
Donnamarie
Hebe
party animal - not!
LizzyNY
Sevens
9 posters

Go down

UK company filming George Clooney (and Bill Murray?) for US doc released January Dec 11 2015 Empty UK company filming George Clooney (and Bill Murray?) for US doc released January Dec 11 2015

Post by party animal - not! Fri 11 Dec 2015, 12:53

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Katiedot on Sat 12 Dec 2015, 12:44; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added tweet)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

UK company filming George Clooney (and Bill Murray?) for US doc released January Dec 11 2015 Empty Re: UK company filming George Clooney (and Bill Murray?) for US doc released January Dec 11 2015

Post by Sevens Fri 11 Dec 2015, 13:00

A photo posted by @callapro_films on

Last edited by Katiedot on Sat 12 Dec 2015, 12:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added post)
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

UK company filming George Clooney (and Bill Murray?) for US doc released January Dec 11 2015 Empty Re: UK company filming George Clooney (and Bill Murray?) for US doc released January Dec 11 2015

Post by LizzyNY Fri 11 Dec 2015, 19:20

Sevens - Do you have any more information about this documentary? At first I thought it might be about George's work in Africa, but I don't think Bill Murray is involved in that so now I'm curious.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 11 Dec 2015, 20:55

Hi Lizzy. I think that's all we know. It could be anything.

And I get the impression that Bill just happened to be there (London). It didn't seem to imply that he was taking part. It sort of makes sense cos I think he'd just been to the Marrakesh Film Festival..........he's also said he's going to spend Christmas in London.................

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 11 Dec 2015, 22:07

PAN  -From what George has said, Murray just sort of shows up and stays for a while. Smile Maybe he invited himself to Casa Clooney for the holidays! That's if the house is habitable. If not, I feel sorry for Amal because Murray is going to want to take George bar-hopping all over London!

I wonder if the documentary could be about one of his upcoming projects - Ooh! Maybe it could be about his Dad. That would be really nice! Phooey! I hate not knowing. This is going to drive me nuts!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 11 Dec 2015, 22:16

Bet they're having a Very Murray Christmas (or pre-Christmas) in Sonning, Lizzy. It was lit up very prettily.....

And the Twitterpic I posted may well be there........who knows?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 12 Dec 2015, 00:00

If the documentary is airing in January we won't have to wait too long.  Yep curious. What could it be?

Wonder if George decorates for the holidays?  Amal is not Christian and we don't even know if she is religious at all. And I always wondered if the Gerbers or George put up a Christmas tree in Cabo when they spent the holiday there.

Do you all remember the story of when George lived with Richard Kind decades ago and he wanted to put up a tree for Christmas and Kind wouldn't let him?  George lost it.  At least the way he told the story.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 12 Dec 2015, 00:51

My guess is that they'll have Christmas in their new house.....and do all the usual things - and probably loads of entertaining. He couldn't wait to get in, could he? Said as much on the Tomorrowland red carpet........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebe Sat 12 Dec 2015, 02:14

There is a short clip on BBC Radio Berkshire with Andrew Peach (sorry I can't do links) interviewing a waitress from a restaurant in Reading where George went with friends including Bill Murray the other day. George had fajitas but apparently doesn't eat sour cream!

I wouldn't be surprised if Amal was happy to have a Christmas tree if George wanted one. She has possibly been included on Christmas outings with her colleagues while she was single. Also I remember on a trip to Dubai in early December a few years ago there were Christmas trees, Santas and other Christmas displays in the airport building and in the shopping malls.

Hebe
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 12 Dec 2015, 02:39

Hebe thanks for sharing that tidbit.  No sour cream?! Maybe George is watching his figure. Wink
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 12 Dec 2015, 11:42

Amal has been in   England  a long time she is used to Christmas so I don't see a problem . We don't really know if she practices any religion. People celebrate that are not christian , I think that a lot of people really don't pay attention to the meaning of Christmas. I think it is more of a time to get together and give gifts with family and friends for some.
I think George does and though not religious he would probably have the celebration since he grew up with it.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 12 Dec 2015, 12:21

I don't get this focus on Amal's possible religious beliefs. When you live in a country, you tend to celebrate their religious festivals even if they aren't your own. I've done more than my share of Ramadan tents and fast-breaking meals. You don't have to believe to participate with what most people are doing.

And yes, Christmas decorations are everywhere in countries such as Lebanon (which has a large Christian minority) and across the Gulf countries.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 12 Dec 2015, 14:45

I also remember that I had muslim classmates who had a christmas tree in their home, got christmas presents and also presents at St. Nicholas - and nobody ever wondered about that. And nowadays where less people are actually practicing christians I haven't heard anybody say: "I don't believe in god anymore so I don't celebrate christmas." It just doesn't have this religious background anymore. 
When my nephew was christianed some years ago he got three godparents: One of them wasn't a member of any church, one was catholic (we're lutherans) and my husband who's lutheran so the priest was happy that at last one of them had the same belief as the church the child became a member of. This changed as well, I guess because the origin job of godparents is to teach the godchild in a religious way. We also chose our kids' godparents not because of this - we think that that's our job as parents -  but because we wanted somebody who could be their foster parents in case we would die.
So I think the original meaning of quite some religious rites have changed but they are still celebrated.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 12 Dec 2015, 14:47

But I just realized the thread's title and that we're way ahead of this. Sorry, back to topic!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 12 Dec 2015, 21:28

I certainly didn't ask for any other reason than I was curious about Amal's celebration or lack thereof of Christmas.  Everyone is different.  There are many non Christians who do not have trees or holiday decorations in their homes.  And many who do as a way of just celebrating the season.  

Personally I have a number of Non Christian friends who most definitely do not decorate for the holidays.

Yes I went off topic.  Sorry.  But just wanted to clarify why I was curious of Amal's feelings on Christmas.  I wasn't focused on it.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 13 Dec 2015, 00:35

You could always start a separate thread to discuss why or why not, does she or does she not, or, or, or.  God only knows there aren't enough threads about Amal.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 13 Dec 2015, 01:33

Not interested in starting a new thread.  I was thinking out loud when I made my initial comment.  As I said just curious.  We all chat here about the topic at hand and sometimes we sidetrack.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 13 Dec 2015, 03:34

And that is exactly what starting a new thread is about - so your sidetracking can be discussed WITHOUT going totally off track from the original thread.  Some people don't want a George thread turned instantly into an Amal thread.  She's got her own section for those who want to glorify her.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 13 Dec 2015, 05:04

Well let me apologize again for going off topic.  As did others here.  I'll apologize for them too.  But there was no glorification of Amal here.  If anything it became a bit of discussion on non Christians participating in Christmas celebrations.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down