George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney's low-key anniversary celebration EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney's low-key anniversary celebration EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney's low-key anniversary celebration EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney's low-key anniversary celebration EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney's low-key anniversary celebration EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney's low-key anniversary celebration EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney's low-key anniversary celebration EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney's low-key anniversary celebration EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney's low-key anniversary celebration EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney's low-key anniversary celebration

+7
party animal - not!
melbert
Nicky80
annemarie
Joanna
Sevens
carolhathaway
11 posters

Go down

George Clooney's low-key anniversary celebration Empty George Clooney's low-key anniversary celebration

Post by carolhathaway Tue 29 Sep 2015, 10:09

George Clooney's low-key anniversary celebration
George and Amal Clooney celebrated their first wedding anniversary with champagne and dinner at the Sunset Tower Hotel's Tower Bar.
Bang ShowbizSeptember 29, 2015, 6:00 pm
George and Amal Clooney celebrated their first wedding anniversary with a "quiet romantic meal".

The 54-year-old actor tied the knot with the British lawyer in a star-studded ceremony in Venice, Italy, last September but marked a year of marriage in a more low-key way at the Sunset Tower Hotel's Tower Bar in West Hollywood on Sunday (27.09.15).

An onlooker told Us Weekly magazine: "It was a lovely, quiet romantic meal, just the two of them."

Another source said: "They stayed a few hours. They celebrated with champagne and both of them were all dressed up for the occasion. She had on a fancy dress and gorgeous jewellery."

The couple arrived at the restaurant at 10pm and it is likely they celebrated so late in the evening as George had previously revealed he was committed to paying tribute to 'Ocean's Eleven' producer Jerry Weintraub, who died in July, earlier in the day.

He said recently: "Unfortunately, I have to speak at Jerry Weintraub's memorial. This is his last producorial way of screwing me over, that on my anniversary, I have to go to his memorial."

Meanwhile, the proud husband admitted he does worry about human rights lawyer Amal, who is currently representing ousted Maldives president Mohamed Nasheed.

He added: "She's a grown woman with her own career.

"It's tough when they're stabbing her co-counsellor [defence lawyer Mahfooz Saeed] in the head a couple days before she gets there. It's a little nerve wracking. But she's doing the right thing and she's doing it for the right reasons."

The 'Monuments Men' star recently joked his role is to be "shiny and pretty" in his marriage to Amal.

He said: "Shiny and pretty - that's mostly what I do now."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's low-key anniversary celebration Empty Re: George Clooney's low-key anniversary celebration

Post by carolhathaway Tue 29 Sep 2015, 10:11

I just wanted to add that I think it's nice they still found time to celebrate their wedding anniversary on that busy day.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's low-key anniversary celebration Empty Re: George Clooney's low-key anniversary celebration

Post by Sevens Tue 29 Sep 2015, 13:43

Glad that they celebrated this anniversary in a romantic way. A bit too late though. I'd be ready for bed at 10pm...and they were still eating...Congrats!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 29 Sep 2015, 14:41

Maybe they had an afternoon siesta ?

Coolio
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 29 Sep 2015, 15:19

The memorial started at 6 p.m so they had all day together.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 29 Sep 2015, 20:13

Joanna wrote:Maybe they had an afternoon siesta ?

Coolio

I like to have an afternoon Siesta with George Love4 Love4
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 30 Sep 2015, 03:02

"Another source said: "They stayed a few hours. They celebrated with champagne and both of them were all dressed up for the occasion. She had on a fancy dress and gorgeous jewellery."

I read somewhere that they close at 11:00 p.m. on Sundays, so they either stayed open longer for George and Amal to enjoy their few hours, or they didn't spend a few hours there.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 30 Sep 2015, 13:29

Mm, I'm thinking the former, Mel

George would arrange that.

Just imagine that fantastic spot all to yourselves. Wow!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 30 Sep 2015, 13:48

I just googled it. Really a great place to spend a romantic dinner. I could imagine sitting there with George - well, I guess now that he's married I'd prefer to go there with my husband...
Laughing
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 30 Sep 2015, 13:59

home

best place
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 30 Sep 2015, 16:30

oh wait

home alone
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 30 Sep 2015, 16:59

I'm with melbert....

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 30 Sep 2015, 17:55

I think they stayed open for a little while longer this is George they aren't going to say no to him.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 30 Sep 2015, 18:19

Assuming he asked them to sat open, in the first place.   Agree to disagree Very Happy Very Happy

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Wed 30 Sep 2015, 19:57

They dont tell truth much.Best they say nothing.No more lies please G and A.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 30 Sep 2015, 21:45

Alisonfan wrote:They dont tell truth much.Best they say nothing.No more lies please G and A.
???
Why do you think they are lying, Alisonfan?
And George and Amal themselves didn't say this anyway...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 01 Oct 2015, 00:28

Perhaps the person who did the interview was wrong about the time they arrived or the restaurant simply stayed open later for George. 

What reason would they have to lie considering they didn't say anything in the first place.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebe Thu 01 Oct 2015, 00:49

On the NY Film Festival thread there is Mail online article re Cindy which features a video interview with George where he says that he managed to sneak away from the Weinstein tribute to have dinner with Amal.

Hebe
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebe Thu 01 Oct 2015, 00:50

Sorry I meant Weintraub not Weinstein.

Hebe
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 01 Oct 2015, 00:53

Thank you Hebe , straight from the horses mouth they went out to dinner.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 01 Oct 2015, 02:18

Yep, exactly.

Even the journos got confused. The event was at the Dolby Theatre, the after party at Craig's, but George and Amal went to dinner at the Tower Bar - late!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 01 Oct 2015, 06:35

I mean, he could have easily said: "Look, I had to be at Jerry Weintraub's memorial so there just was no chance to celebrate. We're going to do it another night." If it wasn't true.
Everybody would have understood that, don't you think so? I've been to funerals and memorials on my birthday and so did my husband. You can't plan everything...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 01 Oct 2015, 06:37

party animal - not! wrote:Yep, exactly.

Even the journos got confused. The event was at the Dolby Theatre, the after party at Craig's, but George and Amal went to dinner at the Tower Bar - late!
Well, some articles mentioned that they had dinner at Asanebo but I think that they mixed it up with two nights before
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 01 Oct 2015, 08:07

There's a Daily Mail article claiming that George didn't get Amal a wedding present:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Since they specially referred to an interview with AJ Calloway AJ asked George how they celebrated and George answered:

'I had to start off by (going to) a Jerry Weintraub event... and then afterwards she and I got to sneak out and have a dinner,'
Host AJ teased him 'That was it, just a little dinner?'
'What are you gonna do, shoot off fireworks?', Clooney joked.

So the Headline is now that George didn't get her a present which is at least not what George said. The question was about the celebration and not about presents - and this makes me angry! I'm sure George wouldn't tell us which presents they got for each other which is absolutely okay to me but that's how these 'journalists' create headlines and articles out of nothing...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 01 Oct 2015, 15:10

This is what the Daily fail is good at twisting stories not even checking facts. They have Amal in the green dress in Los Angeles yet they have her in New York. I know it is gossip but surely they could check their facts.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 01 Oct 2015, 16:33

annemarie wrote:This is what the Daily fail is good at twisting stories not even checking facts. They have Amal in the green dress in Los Angeles yet they have her in New York. I know it is gossip but surely they could check their facts.
If they know how to do it. I mean, at least it means to listen to what they realky talk about, and you can't expect this from somebody who calls himself 'journalist', can you? Evil or Very Mad
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 01 Oct 2015, 20:40

Are they considered as journalists? Heck in some of the articles the spelling is wrong seriously, it's called spell check.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 01 Oct 2015, 21:47

How would you call them? What's their profession?
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 01 Oct 2015, 22:40

Mm, I might call them work experience teenagers, interns, sub editors or anyone given orders by a sub-editor with a list of posible 'celebrities' to find some copy to fill up the column inches that they will get a lot of clicks on to support their advertisers/shareholders. Accuracy is not high on that list........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Fri 02 Oct 2015, 06:44

That's a really good description, PAN!
I appreciate that!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down