George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Mindy Kaling Wanted to Write a Rom-Com Starring Tina Fey and George Clooney EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Mindy Kaling Wanted to Write a Rom-Com Starring Tina Fey and George Clooney EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Mindy Kaling Wanted to Write a Rom-Com Starring Tina Fey and George Clooney EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Mindy Kaling Wanted to Write a Rom-Com Starring Tina Fey and George Clooney EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Mindy Kaling Wanted to Write a Rom-Com Starring Tina Fey and George Clooney EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Mindy Kaling Wanted to Write a Rom-Com Starring Tina Fey and George Clooney EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Mindy Kaling Wanted to Write a Rom-Com Starring Tina Fey and George Clooney EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Mindy Kaling Wanted to Write a Rom-Com Starring Tina Fey and George Clooney EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Mindy Kaling Wanted to Write a Rom-Com Starring Tina Fey and George Clooney EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Mindy Kaling Wanted to Write a Rom-Com Starring Tina Fey and George Clooney

Go down

Mindy Kaling Wanted to Write a Rom-Com Starring Tina Fey and George Clooney Empty Mindy Kaling Wanted to Write a Rom-Com Starring Tina Fey and George Clooney

Post by Nicky80 Thu 17 Sep 2015, 20:14

Mindy Kaling Wanted to Write a Rom-Com Starring Tina Fey and George Clooney

Wednesday night at New York's 92Y, comedy showrunners Mindy Kaling and Tina Fey got together for the release of Kaling's latest memoir, Why Not Me?, inevitably creating a vortex of genius and hilarity. Naturally, the discussion turned to their favorite romantic comedies (The Princess Bride for Kaling, Annie Hall for Fey), and Fey jumped at the chance to inquire whether The Mindy Project creator and star would ever consider writing a romantic comedy for the big screen. "Yeah, I would love to," Kaling responded quickly. "I would love to write it. And to direct it."

Not only has Kaling been pondering potential rom-com ideas since she began her career as a writer for The Office in 2004, but one of them involved Fey paired with everyone's favorite leading man: George Clooney. Fey, clearly amused by this potential onscreen dalliance, asked for more details. Kaling said:
I think this is a great idea. At that point in time [when 30 Rock was still on the air], all of the magazines were calling you a "sexy librarian." My idea was that George Clooney was an Indiana Jones–like professor at a college, and he taught all of these classes and came into the library with all of these antiquities. All of the girls would love him and follow him on campus. You actually worked at the library, and you would have to take his antiquities and check them in and out. And then sparks would fly! Bang, bang, rawr.
The fun didn't end there: The duo ended their discussion with an old-fashioned game of Fuck, Marry, Kill between Stephen Colbert, Michael Fassbender, and B.J. Novak. "I guess 'boff' Fassbender," said Fey. "Marry Colbert. And then [makes gun sound] bye, B.J." Kaling shared the mutual Colbert love. "I would say probably marry Stephen Colbert," she said. "He’s such a good Catholic man. I guess I would kill Fassbender. And I would have sex with B.J. Yes, I've done that."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down