George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Amal leaving London August 19 2015 Daily Mail - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal leaving London August 19 2015 Daily Mail - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Amal leaving London August 19 2015 Daily Mail - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal leaving London August 19 2015 Daily Mail - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Amal leaving London August 19 2015 Daily Mail - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Amal leaving London August 19 2015 Daily Mail - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Amal leaving London August 19 2015 Daily Mail - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Amal leaving London August 19 2015 Daily Mail - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Amal leaving London August 19 2015 Daily Mail - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal leaving London August 19 2015 Daily Mail

+17
kat19
What Would He Say
isogotit
LornaDoone
Alisonfan
amaretti
Hebe
carolhathaway
oldweston
Silje
SideEyeSally
party animal - not!
Donnamarie
LizzyNY
Way2Old4Dis
PigPen
annemarie
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Amal leaving London August 19 2015 Daily Mail - Page 2 Empty Re: Amal leaving London August 19 2015 Daily Mail

Post by Donnamarie Thu 20 Aug 2015, 23:51

I can't imagine George letting Amal pay for much of anything. He is old fashioned and probably feels he should support his wife in everything. George and Amal's finances aren't our business. We know nothing about how they handle their finances. I wouldn't even begin to judge how they should handle them.

George has also said that designers loan or give her items to wear too. So we have no idea how much the Clooneys are actually putting out for her clothes.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Amal leaving London August 19 2015 Daily Mail - Page 2 Empty Re: Amal leaving London August 19 2015 Daily Mail

Post by LizzyNY Fri 21 Aug 2015, 00:42

annemarie - This isn't worth arguing over. We'll never know how they handle their money matters. I imagine they'll do whatever works for them. What we would do, or what we think they do really has nothing to do with them.  Smile
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 21 Aug 2015, 00:45

Hey Lizzy no arguing we are simply having a nice conversation , sharing our opinions no harm in that.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 21 Aug 2015, 01:14

annemarie - Fair enough! Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Fri 21 Aug 2015, 04:43

What am I missing? George explicitly stated in an interview that she pays for most of her own stuff when they were asking him about her wardrobe. He said something like "she's a grown up and pays for her own stuff"......so I'll take his word for it. He probably pays for other stuff but her clothes are what she gets for herself. She wore very expensive stuff before she ever married him and by the way so does Tala, her sister, who is not married to George either, lol. I'm pretty sure her family is loaded with $$$. And her high powered career is paying her very nicely as well.So why do we suddenly think he's footing the bill for all of it? There's no reason to think George is being taken for his bank account. He probably does pay for a lot of other household expenses or dinners or whatever but he always has, that's just who he is.

kat19
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 21 Aug 2015, 12:11

Not implying he is being taken , just saying he is a very generous and old fashioned guy. We all have different ways we handle finance in relationships , besides we will never know the truth and it is none of our business.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Fri 21 Aug 2015, 13:02

kat19 wrote:What am I missing? George explicitly stated in an interview that she pays for most of her own stuff when they were asking him about her wardrobe. He said something like "she's a grown up and pays for her own stuff"......so I'll take his word for it. He probably pays for other stuff but her clothes are what she gets for herself. She wore very expensive stuff before she ever married him and by the way so does Tala, her sister, who is not married to George either, lol. I'm pretty sure her family is loaded with $$$. And her high powered career is paying her very nicely as well.So why do we suddenly think he's footing the bill for all of it? There's no reason to think George is being taken for his bank account. He probably does pay for a lot of other household expenses or dinners or whatever but he always has, that's just who he is.

Hobbs dresss is only one we see in old pic?Hobbs not expensive. scratch

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 21 Aug 2015, 13:04

Agree annemarie. I said as much last night in my post. I think that their finances are none of our business.

But there is some public opinion (not me and most here I hope) out there that says Amal is going to cause George to go broke because of her high price tag wardrobe.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 21 Aug 2015, 13:24

Alisonfan wrote:
kat19 wrote:What am I missing? George explicitly stated in an interview that she pays for most of her own stuff when they were asking him about her wardrobe. He said something like "she's a grown up and pays for her own stuff"......so I'll take his word for it. He probably pays for other stuff but her clothes are what she gets for herself. She wore very expensive stuff before she ever married him and by the way so does Tala, her sister, who is not married to George either, lol. I'm pretty sure her family is loaded with $$$. And her high powered career is paying her very nicely as well.So why do we suddenly think he's footing the bill for all of it? There's no reason to think George is being taken for his bank account. He probably does pay for a lot of other household expenses or dinners or whatever but he always has, that's just who he is.

Actually she has worn zara and they aren't that expensive.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 21 Aug 2015, 13:34

The fact is no one knows how much George is worth ,all the estimates on line are just that. He gets paid well for his movies and endorsements. I also think he has some investments . He has a very expensive lifestyle for all those who say he dresses so plainly the price tags on his clothes are not cheap not by any means.  The idea he will go broke because Amal likes expensive things is ridiculous.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 21 Aug 2015, 17:25

Arrived late to the thread.
I like Amal's travelling outfit and the luggage
is gorgeous even though not suitable for the humble
traveller by air. 
It would look great coming out of the boot of my 
Ford Fcus though !!

Sofa bounce
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by oldweston Fri 21 Aug 2015, 17:37

I believe that many of her clothes in the early days were quite expensive. Her handbags. Very high end. I looked up that wonderful pair of shoes where one was pink and the other was purple - as I absolutely loved them. Way way out of my price range. I think she always a mix of high end and the much more affordable Zara and so forth.

oldweston
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 21 Aug 2015, 17:50

Joanna wrote:Arrived late to the thread.
I like Amal's travelling outfit and the luggage
is gorgeous even though not suitable for the humble
traveller by air. 
It would look great coming out of the boot of my 
Ford Fcus though !!

Sofa bounce

Lol Joanna. Mixing the extravagant with the practical. A woman with real style!
Miss your posts lately Sad
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 21 Aug 2015, 18:01

oldweston wrote:I believe that many of her clothes in the early days were quite expensive. Her handbags. Very high end. I looked up that wonderful pair of shoes where one was pink and the other was purple - as I absolutely loved them. Way way out of my price range. I think she always a mix of high end and the much more affordable Zara and so forth.

Most of time we don't see what she wears. I'm sure she mixes her outfits far more than we realize.

Remember the outfit she wore leaving Greece last year? She had that before she and George went public. She was at some conference wearing it. That was designer. That one sticks out in my mind. Yep, she has been wearing designer clothes for quite some time. It's just that her designer wardrobe has expanded.

If I could just have her handbag collection ...........
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 21 Aug 2015, 18:32

Amal also shops second hand clothing as well.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 21 Aug 2015, 20:03

annemarie wrote:Amal also shops second hand clothing as well.
Thanks... that's the best laugh I've had all  week.   Superdupercool Superdupercool Superdupercool Superdupercool Superdupercool Superdupercool Superdupercool

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 21 Aug 2015, 20:09

Amal Clooney and “dressing for the Occasion”

Vanity Fair posted an article yesterday about Amal Clooney:

Amal Clooney and the Lost Art of Dressing for the Occasion

The thesis: that Amal is the “last woman standing” who makes it happen. They interview fashion experts and industry insiders about her approach to fashion, and the “fashion opportunities” she creates – from the white gloves at the Golden Globes (click here to see) to her bellbottoms for dinner (click here to see) – she “uses couture like a uniform, harnessing what seem like the impracticalities of fashion into just the opposite”.
It’s mega-asskissy. So if you can’t with Mrs Clooney – and many of you can’t – you’ll eyeroll through the whole piece. If you’re down with Mrs Clooney, and I am, because she’s Good For Gossip, goddamnit!, you’ll eyeroll too…but with a lot more joy.
How about she just loves clothes and wants to wear all of them? And most of the time, I love how she wears them. Like today, in London, in Stella McCartney and a Lego bag. But resisting the urge to go with strappy sandals (boring) or pumps (also boring), she put on a pair of high fashion docs instead. YES.
OK. I’m ready. Start yelling.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Fri 21 Aug 2015, 20:19

annemarie wrote:
Alisonfan wrote:

Actually she has worn zara and they aren't that expensive.
She wore that Zara white top. That's one item. Maybe she wore another Zara item I don't know about. But a lot of the other items she wore pre-marriage were indeed very high priced.

kat19
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 21 Aug 2015, 21:48

She shopped at what comes around goes around which is a vintage store. She had shopped there before she met George when she lived in New York according to the owner.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 21 Aug 2015, 22:43

Give Flowers annemarie - I know you really like Amal and will defend her at every turn, but even you can't believe she regularly buys her clothes at thrift shops. She might shop at one for a lark, but the truth is what she spends on clothes could support most of us into a comfortable retirement.  Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 21 Aug 2015, 23:14

.........may be true, Lizzie, but it's also true of most people of status.......I think nothing has really changed in her attitude towards wardrobe - take a look at some of the stuff she wore, say, when she was suddenly being papped. She already had many pieces she'd worn previously that were labels and she obviously has a weakness for D & G earrings or equally Sarah's bag clutches from Lebanon made by rape survivors, or Masai Mara beads......but she's obviously being inundated - and loving it - with stuff - and may or may not have already known some of these designers b g (Before George)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 21 Aug 2015, 23:41

I didn't say she regularly shops them, I said she has shopped vintage . The bottom line is she is not poor was not poor before George. She likes nice things and can afford them whether new or vintage.  What is expensive to us is not expensive to George or Amal they have the money and can afford the best of the best. I think if you have the money and can afford it why not have whatever makes you happy.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 22 Aug 2015, 02:42

What Would He Say wrote:Oh pooh sticks!!! I was hoping for a picture of MY BOY too, grrrr.....suppose now I'm here I'll have to say something interesting....Nice spec's......

And that letter box could do with a rub of Brasso..... or a spit and polish at least.....

brahahahahaha!!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 22 Aug 2015, 02:48

I have a friend that ONLY shops thrift stores. She has gotten some gorgeous, barely worn clothes for CHEAP.

She actually printed out a list of Goodwill stores and will drive all over town looking for clothes. Those near high end residential areas, of course, have the best clothes!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 22 Aug 2015, 11:28

Most of time we don't see what she wears.  I'm sure she mixes her outfits far more than we realize.
Donnamarie, I totally agree with you. How often do we see Amal? Maybe once a week. And that's just a snap-shot when she's going out or wears a business outfit. We don't know much about how she dresses casually or at home. 

I just spent eight days in England and my family were split up in two families. I realized that British women  (at least those we know) really dress up for the evenings, much more than we do. For us it's o.k. to wear jeans when we go out at night, our hosts all wore suits and dresses. We've been to a few pubs for lunch and also at night and the British hosts who joined us all dressed up for the evening at the pub whereas it was absolutely o.k. for them to wear jeans and a T-shirt for lunch.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 22 Aug 2015, 13:00

carolhathaway - You raise an interesting point about how we dress much less formally here in the US than our friends do in Europe and the UK.

We weren't always so casual. There used to be all kinds of rules about what to wear when and if you followed the rules you knew you were appropriately dressed for the occasion - whatever it was. Now it's a free-for-all and anything goes. I'm not sure it's progress, although it usually is more comfortable. Smile 

As far as Amal's wardrobe is concerned, Annemarie is right. She has the money and she can spend it any way she wants. It just bothers me to see anyone spending so much money on something as unimportant as clothes.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 22 Aug 2015, 13:27

LizzyNY , for everyone what is important to them is different , also different things make people happy. Clothes also show your personality I feel like Amal when she is working has to look proper and business like, but on her own time she can show her fun side. I wouldn't wear the stuff she does that is not my personality but it seems to be hers.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 22 Aug 2015, 14:12

annemarie  - I have no problem with Amal's style choices (other than that her skirts are often too short for a woman her age). My problem is with the amount of money she appears to spend on her wardrobe.

Yes,it's her money to do with as she sees fit. Yes, if it makes her happy she has every right to spend as much as she wants any way she wants. And, yes, many of the things she wears are probably lent to her by designers to get free publicity.

I still think a woman can dress stylishly and look beautiful for a lot less - and most of us do! We have to. There are too many other things that are more important priorities for us than what we wear. There are so many people struggling to stay afloat, I guess it just offends me to have someone (anyone) shoved in my face every few days because they're wearing something ridiculously expensive.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 22 Aug 2015, 14:44

I  doubt her clothes are her priority she has George her work, family and friends to think about. I do think like a lot of women she enjoys clothes even those without as much money as she has .

The press puts the emphasis on what she wears, the gossip press are not gonna write about her work too boring. They also put her out there because she is George's wife. Like poor Eli she is married and pregnant and every time something is written she is theex girlfriend of George Clooney it is ridiculous but comes with being involved with George.

I get what your saying about looking good for a lot less, Amal and others in her position don't have to worry about prices.
George and Amal live in a different financial place than you and I . It is funny no one ever adds up what George spends on himself, his clothes are expensive the leather jackets I think he wore Tod's shoes those are over $400 a pair. Even his jeans and T's are good quality, George enjoys nice things homes cars and upkeep none of that comes cheap.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 22 Aug 2015, 15:15

Annemarie says it often here. Amal and George are living their lives. It's their business. if a woman chooses to wear high end fashion, and she can afford it, should that be held against her? Is she any less of a person?

Different people have different priorities in their lives. Too often we judge others because they don't meet our expectations.

Amal loves fashion and can afford to wear it. Designers want to dress her. Should we resent her for that? From what I know she has a very good job, which pays well. She has a loving and close family. She and her husband are very much in love with each other. And she is highly admired and respected by people who know her. And all who know her claim she is a kind and sweet woman.

What is she doing wrong? Wearing too many expensive clothes? Is that grounds for dislike and worse????
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sat 22 Aug 2015, 16:39

annemarie wrote:I  doubt her clothes are her priority she has George her work, family and friends to think about. I do think like a lot of women she enjoys clothes even those without as much money as she 
Not her top priority, no (and I don't think anyone said it was ).  But for a woman as busy as she is, dressing like she does tells me she has to make it one of her priorities. She has to spend time deciding what to pack, wear, what relationships with designers to cultivate, which bag to switch her stuff to.....    All of that takes time and effort, so she is making that a priority even if she has help from a stylist and a ladies maid.  She is perfectly within her rights to choose that as a priority, but I don't buy the idea that it isn't one for her.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sat 22 Aug 2015, 16:43

carolhathaway wrote:

Most of time we don't see what she wears.  I'm sure she mixes her outfits far more than we realize.
Donnamarie, I totally agree with you. How often do we see Amal? Maybe once a week. And that's just a snap-shot when she's going out or wears a business outfit. We don't know much about how she dresses casually or at home. 

I just spent eight days in England and my family were split up in two families. I realized that British women  (at least those we know) really dress up for the evenings, much more than we do. For us it's o.k. to wear jeans when we go out at night, our hosts all wore suits and dresses. We've been to a few pubs for lunch and also at night and the British hosts who joined us all dressed up for the evening at the pub whereas it was absolutely o.k. for them to wear jeans and a T-shirt for lunch.
Since we don't see her, I don't know how we can be "sure" of anything.  You think she only pulls out the designer stuff when she knows she will be photographed? I guess that is what the designers expect if they give you free stuff.  No publicity otherwise. So who arranges the photographers outside her front door?

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 22 Aug 2015, 17:03

fava wrote:
 So who arranges the photographers outside her front door?
Amal
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 22 Aug 2015, 17:30

Maybe it's a deal they get a picture and she gets peace while in London. To be fair we get one shot sometimes when she is there she is not shown doing everything she does in a day. 

O.K. how about this for a lot of women looking good dressing up is one of their priorities I don't think the clothes are her top priority that is what I should have said.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 22 Aug 2015, 19:29

Anyone can tell she loves dressing up for many occasions. She likes to look her best. She pays attention to what she wears. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

A lot of negative judgement for a woman you guys don't even know!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 22 Aug 2015, 19:52

Er, Melbert, she doesn't arrange it. They are agency paps lurking all the time on every corner or they have a look out who lurks. That's how they work. Seen it in Italy and NYC too. Phones, headphones and scooters.

They obviously have her address which they haven't put into the public domain, and of course they know where she works.

However if you''re a Z list model, you float around in not a lot outside a well known restaurant and call up your go-to-pap who releases your pix via the agency and maybe you'll get a couple of column inches in the Mailonline, pay off your agent later and keep the rest.............fun, fun, fun

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 22 Aug 2015, 20:12

Any woman he married some would have found irrational reasons to dislike her. It seems some loved the not so proper women he dated and took great pleasure in tearing them down. They were easy targets Sarah Larson licking sand in a bikini, Eli topless nun and let's not forget Stacy too tall badly dressed wrestler.

George falls in love with an intelligent woman with her own career not riding his as the others were accused . There are no nude pictures of her anywhere, hell we have never even seen the woman in a bikini , no men coming out telling sordid details of relationships. She has never done an interview just gets on with her job and life with George yet there are those who don't like her for whatever strange reasons they come up with. 

We are all entitled to our opinions but sometimes it gets to be a bit much when it comes to Amal clooney.

Last edited by annemarie on Sat 22 Aug 2015, 20:22; edited 1 time in total

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 22 Aug 2015, 20:21

Well PAN,  I think I agree with melbert on that. Yes the paps hang around everywhere but when there are pics from Amal in Lake como why would a pap sit in front of her door just "hoping" one day she comes back. If so, why are there no pics when she was arriving to her flat when she left como?
I agree with Annemarie, they might got a deal for those pics and than didn't follow any further so she can do her Job. Nothing bad about it.

As about the Cloth. If I had more Money I would spend much more for Cloth as I find the look and Quality much better when I pay more Money and they last longer.  But that's just my opinion
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sat 22 Aug 2015, 20:44

Donnamarie wrote:Anyone can tell she loves dressing up for many occasions.  She likes to look her best.  She pays attention to what she wears.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

A lot of negative judgement for a woman you guys don't even know!
I don't dislike her--or like her.  I merely pointed out that she makes her wardrobe a priority.  If you see that as a negative judgement, that is you, not me.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 22 Aug 2015, 21:01

fava wrote:
Since we don't see her, I don't know how we can be "sure" of anything.  You think she only pulls out the designer stuff when she knows she will be photographed? I guess that is what the designers expect if they give you free stuff.  No publicity otherwise. So who arranges the photographers outside her front door?
Fava,

of course we don't know anything for sure. That's why I say that we don't know what Amal wears when she's at home. She sometimes wears clothes like we all do: jeans and shirts by Brands most of us can afford - as I guess, and on the other hand she wears designer outfits and has bags which price are just unbelievable. What do we expect her to wear? I know we had the discussions about Target  (a brand I don't know but I think we all have department stores in our countries which are synonemous with that. She can spend as much money on clothes as she likes  (in my opinion) and I don't care how much she actually spends on them and if she or George can afford this because that's their business. Do we talk about other people's clothes? I like the blog about Amal's fashion, the only thing I never liked was that the price were mentioned as well. Everybody can find out the price easily once you know the brand or designer and every outfit she wore ended in a discussion about how one can wear such expensive clothes. 

fava, your question implicades - at least for me - that Amal informs paparazzi where she will when and melbert answered this question that way. I'm sure many celebs do so and maybe George does it as well sometimes but then I would expect much better and clearer photos.  If you look at quite a few photos that were taken during the last months they were blurry, shot from quite a distance  (and I'm not talking about those which were taken on their property in Laglio). If there would be a sort of agreement or contract between Amal and designers which includes that photos have to be publizised I would expect much better photos which make it easier to identify the designer. Paparazzi seem to know know her address in Notting Hill and know where she works, they also hang out at places where they usually see celebs. I remember a video on youtube where one paparazzo was watching the entrance of a restaurant in Hollywood and George and Grant arrived on their motorbikes. They didn't respond to the reporter's  call. By the time they left there were at least 50 reporters and paparazzi who followed them, and I remember how awful I felt when I watched this because I found it really ridiculous.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sat 22 Aug 2015, 21:21

Maybe some of the photos are not the best quality, yet the fashion blogger still seems able to identify every item, down to shoes, jewelry and bags. 

As far as my implication about the paparazzi being informed--if designers give or lend her clothes on a regular basis (and I don't know that they do beyond special occasion dresses like the Galliano), if they do it to  promote their business, they may expect something from her in return.  My understanding of how this works in Hollywood, is that the designer expects the person to be "seen" in the clothes and probably photographed so the exposure is wider than the people at a particular event.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 22 Aug 2015, 21:31

Fashion bloggers have to know their designers that's how they get paid it's their job.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 22 Aug 2015, 21:39

annemarie wrote:Fashion bloggers have to know their designers that's how they get paid it's their job.

Are you saying that the woman that runs the Amal's Style Blog is paid for it? By the designers? By Amal?
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 22 Aug 2015, 21:43

well a Blogger Needs to know they stuff in order to have enough hits on the Website. Also they earn through advertisement. There are really famous Fashion Bloggers out there and some get an Invitation to sit in the first row in some Fashion Shows. So yes they get paid. But not from Amal.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 22 Aug 2015, 21:49

Personally I don't believe that Amal has an arrangement where she or a PR person for her calls the paps to arrange a photo op.

IMO I think she has made an arrangement to wear those items lent to her and she can decide if she wants to keep them or not. And if she is out with or without George and gets photographed by the paps then that's a bonus. Otherwise whatever she is wearing is seen only by those at whatever public venue she happens to be at.

There have been many times when she has been out wearing designer pieces and the only pics are taken by random people with their cell phones.

My reference to the negative judgements about Amal pertains to posts by some here who do it on a continuous basis. Was not referencing fashion priorities discussion.

Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 22 Aug 2015, 22:00

fava wrote:Maybe some of the photos are not the best quality, yet the fashion blogger still seems able to identify every item, down to shoes, jewelry and bags. 

As far as my implication about the paparazzi being informed--if designers give or lend her clothes on a regular basis (and I don't know that they do beyond special occasion dresses like the Galliano), if they do it to  promote their business, they may expect something from her in return.  My understanding of how this works in Hollywood, is that the designer expects the person to be "seen" in the clothes and probably photographed so the exposure is wider than the people at a particular event.
fava, it often takes this blogger several days to identify outfits, she often get help by other bloggers or reader,  and she often adds photos after days. And not everybody reads this blog so what about the advertising impact? I couldn't afford any designer outfit nor could anybody I know.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 22 Aug 2015, 22:02

Donnamarie wrote:Personally I don't believe that Amal has an arrangement where she or a PR person for her calls the paps to arrange a photo op.  

Not an Arrangement, I don't believe that as well. But I think in some Situation they feed the paps in order to avoid the chase through the City or while doing her Job is happening. And again, I said "some situations"...like this one in this thread I believe this one was set up. No one knew she was in London. There were pics from Como before. And after those pics no pics at the Airport? So they didn't follow? It was a fair deal. The paps got they pics and Amal got her peace.

Donnamarie wrote:  

IMO I think she has made an arrangement to wear those items lent to her and she can decide if she wants to keep them or not.  And if she is out with or without George and gets photographed by the paps then that's a bonus. Otherwise whatever she is wearing is seen only by those at whatever public venue she happens to be at.  

No I don't think this is a bonus. To get pics is expected.
George said in an interview that designer sent her stuff to get pics with the Cloth and promote the designer. So if she decide to Keep them or not means also she has to decide to be photographed with it or not. No designer is sending something for free and get nothing in return. and that is nothing bad. George even said in the interview and it it was not a big deal. We talked about it before.... I don't see the Problem with it anyway.....And then again some Cloth she gets sent to and others she buys herself. So she doesn't has to be photographed with everything.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 22 Aug 2015, 22:22

George said designers will send her a dress to wear to get their names out there. He also said she pays for a lot of her stuff. 

Yep there are only certain items she gets photographed in that are sent to her. I know If I were in her position and a designer sent me a free dress and all I had to do is wear it and get photographed I would. Free is good to me lol, they get the publicity and I get an expensive piece of clothing for nothing. Leaves more money to spend on other lovely purchases.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 22 Aug 2015, 22:29

Yeah I like free things too. Amal is lucky. I would do the same. But need a diet before otherwise I don't fit in those dresses hehehe
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 22 Aug 2015, 22:32

Nicky80 wrote:Yeah I like free things too. Amal is lucky. I would do the same. But need a diet before otherwise I don't fit in those dresses hehehe

Lol me too.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next