George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Does team Clooney read fan comments on websites? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Does team Clooney read fan comments on websites? EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Does team Clooney read fan comments on websites? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Does team Clooney read fan comments on websites? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Does team Clooney read fan comments on websites? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Does team Clooney read fan comments on websites? EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Does team Clooney read fan comments on websites? EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Does team Clooney read fan comments on websites? EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Does team Clooney read fan comments on websites? EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Does team Clooney read fan comments on websites?

+9
LornaDoone
melbert
playfuldeb
bellybaby
Katiedot
Clooney
lucy
Snoopy
Dexterdidit
13 posters

Go down

Does team Clooney read fan comments on websites? Empty Does team Clooney read fan comments on websites?

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 26 May 2011, 13:30

[note: if you're wondering why this doesn't totally make sense, this is a new topic that I've split from another conversation - Katiedot]

bellybaby wrote:I totally agree with what both of you are saying (melbert&sisieq) but I wouldn't be surprised if GC&co believe most of the negative comments come from jealous fans and not just about Leverage I don't really think GC even reads blog comments, although PR from Leverage definitely (especially, of course, their own fan site) would take their cues from their fans. And you don't have to be jealous to know, or see, that Eli isn't a good actress, and even though she couldn't have been better suited for the part, she couldn't pull it off.
On set, and during production, the cast and crew are always going to be nice. It just makes everything easier on the set, and doesn't make them look petty by being negative towards a cast member. I would've loved to hear what their actual comments were behind closed doors! Bounce

Yes I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall. I do think someone on Georges team watches the boards. I seem to remember a couple of very funny incidents when someone would say we need to see them holding hands, next we would see a pic of them holding hands, then it was they need to see a kiss, next a kiss although the kind you give grandma. It happened with bike rides etc it was quite spooky. Either we all know Georges game plan so well we are able to predict his next move or someone was watching and getting hints! What is funny about Leverage is even with all the press they got from having her around they still didn't want her back and no one else wanted her either. You don't need a blog to tell you, you suck when no one will hire you!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Does team Clooney read fan comments on websites? Empty Re: Does team Clooney read fan comments on websites?

Post by Snoopy Fri 27 May 2011, 00:20

I remember seeing a pic of George years ago in People magazine wearing jeans. The caption referred to how good he looked in those jeans, he usually for public appearances wore a suit around that time. He appeared on Jay Leno a couple of months later and wore a suit jacket with jeans. So someone is keeping track of postive/negative comments as needed.

Also when I read comments on an article on Darfur authored by John and George, most thought John wrote the article and George just added his name. I recall either reading/seeing in an interview he commented that if is name is on an article, he shared in the writing.

I am sure he gets a summary of what is being posted, good and bad. I wonder if any showed him Betta's bendy butt shots?
Snoopy
Snoopy
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Does team Clooney read fan comments on websites? Empty Re: Does team Clooney read fan comments on websites?

Post by lucy Fri 27 May 2011, 03:05

He's probably seen her bendy butt shots up close!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Clooney Fri 27 May 2011, 03:25

LOL.

Bleh.
Clooney
Clooney
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Does team Clooney read fan comments on websites? Empty Does team Clooney read fan comments on websites?

Post by Katiedot Fri 27 May 2011, 05:43

IMO it's all total coincidence. What we say on the boards is fairly general and we know George runs to a script.

If you doubt this, look at all the times that we've suggested things that have been completely ignored. For example, we've suggested many times he either dates more suitable women or keeps them out of the public eye. Both easy to do and would benefit him.

I work in PR and while I do keep an eye on discussion boards about the product I rep, we almost never follow anything that our customers are suggesting. This is because most of them are either pointing out the obvious course of action (which we're already following but it gives them the warm glow of satisfaction that we're listening to them) or, frankly, because they're close to insane. It wouldn't surprise me that Rosenfield's team think much the same about us.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Fri 27 May 2011, 09:43

Thats what I've noticed about "stars"when asked about comments on-line re: them, their reply we are fat, lonely, insane people.It's their way to rationalize on-line criticism from fans and strangers. Being a fan, I find this attitude insulting, but I'm sure some of my comments are insulting.So even if someone reads the boards, I'm sure most of what is written is ignored.But STAN if you are out there reading this forum we are not fat, lonely, or insane so tell George he should pay attention and listen to our advice!!!!!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoopy Fri 27 May 2011, 11:55

Alot is just coincidental or just common sense, but it is interesting to watch. I too, get tired of being that fat lonely person in a dark room on the computer, but after reading many blogs alot of posters have valid points. Not just on celebrity websites but under news articles, I enjoy reading other people's opinions, don't have to agree but if I can see the otherside, it offers more understanding of a situation. We here are actually pretty nice and have a good time, on some blogs, posters are very insane and cruel.

Snoopy
Snoopy
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Fri 27 May 2011, 13:09

we almost never follow anything that our customers are suggesting. This is because most of them are either pointing out the obvious course of action (which we're already following but it gives them the warm glow of satisfaction that we're listening to them) or, frankly, because they're close to insane....um, that would be...us?? Shocked

I think Stan probably browses the blogs from time to time to get an idea of what's being said. A few times the admins have emailed him questions, and he replies, so he at least knows where a couple of them are.

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Fri 27 May 2011, 14:11

Snoopy, I agree that we are nice in comparison to other blogs, sites, comment boards, until recently I'd only read a couple of forums, when branching out I was surprised at how harsh some comments were. What I really like about COH is we don't always make our comments a few word statements, most places I lurked do.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Mon 30 May 2011, 09:09

maybe Angel is one of the posters on one of the forums . . .
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 30 May 2011, 15:28

That would be funny Deb! She could report back "George, if you ever get anything from X, Y, or Z, RUN!!!! But, on the other hand, A, B, and C are ones who we should find out who they are, because they really love you for who you are..."
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 30 May 2011, 17:47

LOL! I think it's HUGELY unlkely that she reads here. For a start it's not in any way part of her job to do so - it's the job of his PR team.

Secondly, I assume she likes him because she's worked for him for a long time and I doubt anyone who genuinely knows George would be able to read some of our comments and not get massively angry or want to argue with posters who've got it all wrong.

Much better to stay away from fan boards if you know the man.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 30 May 2011, 18:05

WHO has it wrong Katie???? Just kidding!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 30 May 2011, 18:08

Ah well, now that would be telling!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 30 May 2011, 18:16

I won't tell! Just whisper!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 30 May 2011, 22:08

No matter what we say George is going to live his own life. he's been doing that for years.

The one thing I've noticed tho is that we're not seeing a lot of him WITH Canalis. Which I think is a GOOD thing.

I think they are still together - they are just keeping it more private which is good for the fans.

Let's focus on his work - film and humanitarian -- where we MIGHT get a chance to affect his choices - cause we certainly have not had any affect on his taste in women. :-)

And before you crap all over me - yes I DO believe we can affect the type of films he makes. If fans & the general public don't go to certain types of films he makes then he'll make more commercial films. There is just so much artistic freedom any actor/producer/director can afford before the studios stop funding his films.

And as to his humanitarian work - public opinion CAN affect his choices if he wants the public's support for his cause.

Nothing worse than a do as I say not as I do celebrity trying to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't put their attention to if that public doesn't respect the celebrity. For instance, if Lindsay Lohan went on TV with a PSA telling teens to stop smoking they'd just laugh and change the channel. Goes to credibility.

Anyway, said all this before just in a nostalgic mood I guess! HA!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 31 May 2011, 03:34

@LornaDoone we should all take your advice and only discuss his work and humanitarian efforts, but he makes it so easy with some of his choices I can't seem to not comment about them.This is my escapism, and who done it novels, so much on the news happening around the world that I have no control over, when I come here I don't take myself to seriously. Most of my comments are truthful, others just come from not being well informed or misreading a post.IMO George is a incredible man,but I can be a fan and except his flaws, unlike those who think we are evil for not putting him on a pedestal.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 31 May 2011, 04:24

LornaDoone wrote:Let's focus on his work - film and humanitarian -- where we MIGHT get a chance to affect his choices
The forum's open: there are plenty of threads about his films and humanitarian work just waiting for more comments and a longer conversation.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 31 May 2011, 04:34

I'm not in any way advocating that we only talk about work and humanitarian efforts - this would be a dead place if we did - but I'm all for adding more topics to the conversation if others would like to join in.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Tue 31 May 2011, 07:52

Yeah if you cut out his private it tends to become boring especially around times he doesn't work etc. I am actually a member of a board not George related but it is strictly a work based only discussion site as the person is very private. The board is pretty much dead most of the time and a lot of people have just lost interest. It's very hard to be interested in someone who doesn't seem to want anyone to be interested in them as a person. As long as we stay away from religion and politics which always cause major dramas. We have an international group I'm interested in other actors, movies, music we may not know about.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 31 May 2011, 10:33

I'm open to religion and politics too, just as long as it's Clooney related. All I ask is that people play nicely in those sort of threads.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 31 May 2011, 12:35

Religion is such a personal topic that Imo people can easily become insulted over,then there is the quoting of scripture which I'd like to avoid. Its nice here without the huge arguments you find on other boards. But am open to new topics, theres always the option to read and not comment.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Tue 31 May 2011, 12:45

And before you crap all over me - yes I DO believe we can affect the type of films he makes. If fans & the general public don't go to certain types of films he makes then he'll make more commercial films. There is just so much artistic freedom any actor/producer/director can afford before the studios stop funding his films.
Not so sure about this...George has made alot of films that don't go over well with the general public, and yet he continues to make them because that's what he likes. That's also why he Produces alot of these also (and doesn't take a salary up front), so he doesn't need to rely on studio backing. That's also why we get to see so many fun overseas George commercials!!

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 31 May 2011, 15:34

lucy wrote:Religion is such a personal topic that Imo people can easily become insulted over,then there is the quoting of scripture which I'd like to avoid.
I agree, but it's not forbidden here. However because I do request that topics here be George related and he has nothing to do with religion, I can't see the subject coming up. Politics on the other hand . . .
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoopy Wed 01 Jun 2011, 00:31

George does live his life exactly the way he wants, and for that I give him credit. Alot of public people create an image and try to align their personal life with this image until they get caught with a hooker or a mistress. He isn't married with a family and doesn't hide who he dates. But the woman he dates makes me question, am I just buying the good guy image? He gets credit for his honesty and if he did date acceptable women, he might be close to the 'perfect man' and we know that doesn't exist!
Snoopy
Snoopy
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 01 Jun 2011, 04:41

bellybaby wrote:And before you crap all over me - yes I DO believe we can affect the type of films he makes. If fans & the general public don't go to certain types of films he makes then he'll make more commercial films. There is just so much artistic freedom any actor/producer/director can afford before the studios stop funding his films.
Not so sure about this...George has made alot of films that don't go over well with the general public, and yet he continues to make them because that's what he likes. That's also why he Produces alot of these also (and doesn't take a salary up front), so he doesn't need to rely on studio backing. That's also why we get to see so many fun overseas George commercials!!

I agree that he has produced some films that were not commercially successful. But he still has to work with the studios. As far as I can tell, he may produce the films but I doubt he's paying for the marketing and distribution of the films. Just my opinion.

As to the commenting on his current and past choices - I think I was using more of the ROYAL "WE" :-)

I'm not so much saying that's what I think we ALL should do - i.e. focus only on his film and charity work - I was making a general comment that in my opinion, nothing with George's personal life is going to change so we shouldn't get all bent out of shape about it and maybe by commenting more on his films and humanitarian work we can avoid being vilified as only crapping on his choices in women.

Trust me, we all know I've done my share of crapping - I just feel that's it's been such a waste of time because George's choices are never going to change. If I've learned one thing from following him all these years is that he is a man who craves skank and he isn't going to suddenly get better taste in women. That die cast is set and there is no going back. I've just accepted this as a flaw in George and I although I do not agree with his choices I'm trying now not to let it affect my opinion of him as much in regard to his films and charity work. I still think his choices DO affect his credibility but that's his cross to bear - not mine.

Believe me, I still have issue with his continued representation of Nepresso and by association Nestle. It's difficult to wrap my head around this because for someone who is so adamant about fighting for the rights of people who have been used and abused, he sure comes across as as a hypocrite for repping a company that abuses so many people thru-out the world with their water and baby formula policies.

I know that this board would be boring if it only dealt with his film and charity work. I'm just saying that for me, going over and over and over his choices in women isn't going to make a damn bit of difference in his world and I no longer spend much time commenting on her and/or them.

So please by all means if anyone wants to comment on Canalis/Larson/Allen/ etc. etc. go for it. I'm just saying that unless the current Ball O'Chain does something extremely egregious, I could give a flying fuck what she does so I don't have much to say about her.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 01 Jun 2011, 05:16

Like I said, the forum is open, please go ahead and start a few conversations.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 01 Jun 2011, 07:42

When, how many years does it take admiring this man, being a fan to get to a place where who he has in his life no longer bothers you? For me I was becoming a "fan" when he was still single no GF or so it appeared. Then SL, and DEADDOC, or something like that, which in it self was a whole new experience unlike I'd never had. Now I'm at a point that i'm tired of caring about his GF until I see her in front of a camera and I'm asking myself all over again why?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Clooney Wed 01 Jun 2011, 10:25

I like George for who he is, so whatever he does doesn't bother me much. He may not choose the women you want him to or act they way you want him to but regardless he is big boy and i'm sure he can handle whatever comes to him.
Clooney
Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 01 Jun 2011, 15:28

@LornaDoone ,I love what you wrote, and remember you from when MCC first formed, so I'm taking your advice to heart, and will try not to get so caught up in his personal choices, because I believe you are right. But bad habits take 30 days to break and addictions 90 days with occasional slip ups. So somethings I may not be able to resist. As to those who like to comment on us, this site for what we have to say, they shouldn't be throwing rocks at a glass house IMHO.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Wed 01 Jun 2011, 16:51

I have another thought. It seems that he and his "girlfriends" spend a lot of time apart. It is doubtful that during these times they are "alone". Maybe the public romances, as distasteful as they are, are for diversion. G has always said he wants his private life private. If he can create a media frenzy around someone who loves the attention it can give him the space to have a relationship out of the limelight. We know he can disappear when he wants to.

blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ello Wed 01 Jun 2011, 19:43

Of course his PR team monitor the web, what else would they be doing? Waiting for the Tombstone stagecoach to arrive with all the latest news? He's an actor, his commercial value is entirely driven by public opinion, it would be a bit perverse to completely ignore the public. George makes uncommercial films sometimes, but he's only allowed to make films at all because overall they make money. We'd all be doing it otherwise.

I remember an article on Sudan got a hammering from conservative/tea party type commentors on USAToday, I think it was. They seemed quite shocked, though it was mostly anti-Obama vitriol coming their way by association . They wrote a follow up article responding to it.

That isn't to say they'll slavishly follow what the fans want. His personal life is none of their business, and anyway criticism of it doesn't touch his commercial appeal. His politics likely do, and he has adjusted. He rarely talks publicly on domestic politics, which he says is to prevent him damaging his political causes but has the added benefit of protecting his own career.
Ello
Ello
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Clooney Thu 02 Jun 2011, 01:23

10 out of 10
Clooney
Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 04 Jun 2011, 06:36

lucy wrote:@LornaDoone ,I love what you wrote, and remember you from when MCC first formed, so I'm taking your advice to heart, and will try not to get so caught up in his personal choices, because I believe you are right. But bad habits take 30 days to break and addictions 90 days with occasional slip ups. So somethings I may not be able to resist. As to those who like to comment on us, this site for what we have to say, they shouldn't be throwing rocks at a glass house IMHO.

And at the risk of getting all religious - Amen Sister! :-)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Sun 14 Jul 2013, 20:54

I think George's people follow this site. After all, think about it. Instead of hunting google for the latest news or gossip on our favorite fella, you can come here and it is delivered on a platter.

Sofa bounce 
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 14 Jul 2013, 21:41

Sure!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down