George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney Guest on Colbert Late Show Sept 8 2015 - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney Guest on Colbert Late Show Sept 8 2015 - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney Guest on Colbert Late Show Sept 8 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney Guest on Colbert Late Show Sept 8 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney Guest on Colbert Late Show Sept 8 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney Guest on Colbert Late Show Sept 8 2015 - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney Guest on Colbert Late Show Sept 8 2015 - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney Guest on Colbert Late Show Sept 8 2015 - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney Guest on Colbert Late Show Sept 8 2015 - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney Guest on Colbert Late Show Sept 8 2015

+20
Tulips
kat19
Doug Ross
amaretti
it's me
carolhathaway
melbert
Nicky80
hathaross
Surfing
annemarie
LizzyNY
party animal - not!
Missa
Donnamarie
Way2Old4Dis
Joanna
Sevens
LornaDoone
Silje
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George Clooney Guest on Colbert Late Show Sept 8 2015 - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney Guest on Colbert Late Show Sept 8 2015

Post by it's me Wed 09 Sep 2015, 15:10

love it!
love the clip Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

LOOOOOOL !!!!!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Guest on Colbert Late Show Sept 8 2015 - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney Guest on Colbert Late Show Sept 8 2015

Post by Surfing Wed 09 Sep 2015, 15:49

Colbert might have been a little nervous...he has big shoes to fill. Maybe Colbert doesn't come across as charismatic as Letterman who had a dry, ironic sense of humor, but there's no denying  he's a hard act to follow...

Surfing
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 09 Sep 2015, 17:01

Lizzy don't worry, he has two films to promote next spring, that should guarantee at least one more appearance on the show. They'll do better next time.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Wed 09 Sep 2015, 17:16

I thought the show was out of the park  .  It was fast paced  . He introduced elements the he will develop . George was really good on the show .  I loved the set . The band was happening .   He took a moment and paid homage to Letterman , I think  that was lovely  .  
Governor Bush was charming  .  The film clip  skit that George did was  funny .  cheers   bounce

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 09 Sep 2015, 17:17

Sevens,
I guess you're right and hope for more good interviews. I mean, the ones with Letterman and especially with Charlie Rose were really great!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Wed 09 Sep 2015, 17:24

Think of it as an  " appearance " . Charlie  Rose show is an interview.

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 09 Sep 2015, 17:27

amaretti,
I guess you're right. I expected a proper interview so naturalistischen I was disappointed.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Guest on Colbert Late Show Sept 8 2015 - Page 2 Empty temp do not post

Post by carolhathaway Wed 09 Sep 2015, 17:28

Sorry,
my tablet autocorrected it. I wrote "naturally".
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 09 Sep 2015, 19:45

merged threads
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 09 Sep 2015, 19:57

I hope we can see the whole Video soon in Europe Very Happy In the link is part of the Video with George.

George Clooney Talks Married Life: 'They Said It Wouldn't Last'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Stephen Colbert got personal with his first Late Show guest George Clooney.

Colbert prodded the leading man about his marriage to human rights lawyer Amal, with Clooney joking, "They said it wouldn't last."

Colbert said he had no doubt the newlyweds would go the distance and asked Clooney what it was like to be "the arm candy in the relationship."

"Because she's a very serious person. She must say, 'we're going to meet some extremely intelligent people tonight,' " said Colbert.

Clooney said of his new arm candy status: ""Shiny and pretty – that's mostly what I do now."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 09 Sep 2015, 20:07

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 09 Sep 2015, 20:21

'That’s mostly what I do': George Clooney admits to being Amal's trophy husband on Stephen Colbert's first ever Late Show 

He desperately needed to start with a bang on his first ever Late Show.

And Stephen Colbert certainly delivered after he got George Clooney to admit he is a mere trophy husband as he made his grand debut on Tuesday night. 

The funnyman verbally ran rings round the Hollywood heartthrob as he extracted his stunning confession about his relationship with his high-flying human rights barrister wife Amal.

Scroll down for video 
By George: Clooney admitted he is a mere trophy husband on Stephen Colbert's Late Show debut on Tuesday
Witty raconteur Stephen said: 'What is it like to be the arm candy in a relationship, because she’s the very serious person?'

'She must say like, "We’re going to meet extremely intelligent people tonight – these are not show folk. Just be shiny and pretty."'

George conceded: 'That’s mostly what I do.'

You've goatee be kidding: George was sporting a more-than-a-little questionable beard
Making waves: George got in a zinger of his own when he joked  'they said it wouldn't last' after being congratulated on almost a year of marriage

The Ocean's Eleven star was sporting a questionable new goatee as he sat down to be grilled by the new king of late night. 

Stephen meanwhile managed to be as biting as ever, even if he has shed his spoof conservative Colbert Report persona. 

The cheeky comic did however congratulate George, 54, on the fact he will soon enjoy his first wedding anniversary with his much younger wife on September 27.

The Colbert report: Stephen easily extracted a tasty exclusive out of the former ER hunk
Almost too good to be true: In a shock move George did not even have a project or product to promote
Mock-buster: However he did appear in a ridiculous spoof project where he is trying to safe the world
Seizing the opportunity, the seemingly reformed bachelor got in a zinger of his own, saying: 'They said it wouldn’t last.'

However Stephen did land a jab on his guest for failing to invite him to his star-studded nuptials last year in Italy.

Tongue firmly in cheek, he handed over a paperweight from Tiffany’s which was embossed with the words, 'I don’t know you.'

The Perfect Storm: Raging Stephen took the Hollywood star to task for not inviting him to his wedding
Worth the paperweight: The chat show king gave the actor the gift he would have received
Almost as good as an Oscar: The funnyman had presented him with a mystery object
Worth its paperweight in gold: He had his special gift embossed with the words 'I don't know you'
In a rare turn for modern late night shows, George did not even have a project or product to promote.

The dynamic duo used this as an excuse for some more mischief however, with the former ER favourite pretending to be hawking a fake film called Decision Strike.

It purportedly features the manly hunk as Secretary General Clooney, who has to find a way to stop the world being hit by a nuclear warhead.

In one scene a tuxedo wearing George is too busy trying to bed a lady he cannot be bothered saving the planet.

The actor joked: 'I did my own sex, In fact, I do my own sex. The audience deserves it.'

He must have been to the tux shop: His character is trying to avert a nuclear disaster in the skit
What a hero: George gave one of his greatest ever screen performances during the hilarious film
Flower power: Losing a rose was the worst thing imaginable for his romance obsessed character

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 09 Sep 2015, 20:29

that's my favourite pic hehe

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 09 Sep 2015, 21:11

LizzyNY wrote:I like Stephen Colbert and I love George, but the interview last night was disappointing. It's going to take Colbert time to get used to the pacing and timing of the show. Last night he zoomed through the show as if he was afraid to stop talking for even a second. He hardly gave his guests a chance to respond - asked questions and barely listened to the answer before he moved on. He seemed very nervous to me - very manic.

I agree. He asked George something about the Darfur and after George's answer he moved quickly, really quickly, to another subject. He gave the impression that he wasn't interested in what George was saying about Darfur, but I think it was just because he was really nervous. It's not an easy legacy (I don't know if this is correct), that of Letterman.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Wed 09 Sep 2015, 23:51

Apparently there was a lot of stuff cut from the interview because of time constraints. George talked a lot more but they had to shorten the interview thus why the interview appears to move really quickly from one topic to the next.

kat19
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 10 Sep 2015, 01:12

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Thu 10 Sep 2015, 01:39

kat19 wrote:Apparently there was a lot of stuff cut from the interview because of time constraints. George talked a lot more but they had to shorten the interview thus why the interview appears to move really quickly from one topic to the next.
Oh, that's explain everything. Thank you, kat19. Where did you read it?

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Thu 10 Sep 2015, 02:48

Doug Ross wrote:
kat19 wrote:Apparently there was a lot of stuff cut from the interview because of time constraints. George talked a lot more but they had to shorten the interview thus why the interview appears to move really quickly from one topic to the next.
Oh, that's explain everything. Thank you, kat19. Where did you read it?

I read it on twitter from some people that were in the studio audience for the taping of the show.

kat19

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 10 Sep 2015, 06:31

Kathy, thanks for clearing this up.

When I saw the video I thought that Stephen was really unpolite about rushing through various themes.  But that makes sense - although I'm not sure they edited it carefully...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Tulips Thu 10 Sep 2015, 10:26

Link to a portion of the extended interview. This is much better.

Tulips
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 10 Sep 2015, 12:13

Great find, Tulips! Thank you. Gosh, what a lovely interview..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 10 Sep 2015, 12:24

Thanks, Tulips!

Gosh, that's what I call an interview (or an interesting talk). Do they have the whole talk? I couldn't find it.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 10 Sep 2015, 13:02

Thumbs up! Thanks, Tulips. This is a much better interview than the one that aired. I think either Colbert or his editors sacrificed content for comedy - as if he's trying to beat the 2 Jimmys at their own game. IMO, not the best road to take. Maybe he needs to be the grownup in the room and be a little more substantive.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 10 Sep 2015, 13:29

I just thought: If they'd just left out these fun trailers and showed the whole interview. I mean, I liked the trailers and they showed how amazing George is as an artist but the interview they aired was just disappointing. And to see now what they really talked about (and we didn't see all of it) I would have much more liked to watch this - or they should have give him more time...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Guest on Colbert Late Show Sept 8 2015 - Page 2 Empty temp do not post

Post by Jenn Thu 10 Sep 2015, 18:32

[size=42]people : link http://www.people.com/article/george-clooney-very-concerned-wife-amal-maldives[/size]
George Clooney Says He's 'Very Concerned' About Wife Amal as She Defends Imprisoned Politician in the Maldives

As Amal Clooney works in the Maldives to free the former president of the politically unstable island nation, husband George Clooney admits he's "very concerned" about the safety of his wife. 

"It's a tricky place to be right now," George, 54, told Stephen Colbert during a portion of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert interview that did not air during the inaugural show Tuesday. "Her co-counsel was just stabbed in the head a few days ago. It's a dangerous place to be right now. I'm very concerned with her being there, quite honestly." 

When Colbert asked the Oscar winner if he would like to join her there, George replied, "Yes, I do. She won't let me go!" 

Noted human rights lawyer Amal, 37, has appeared in a Maldivian court this week to help free Mohamed Nasheed, the country's first democratically elected president. On Sept. 4, her colleague Mahfooz Saeed was stabbed in the head outside his hotel room in Malé. He remains in critical condition at a local hospital. 

Amal Clooney in the Maldives on Thursday
STR / AFP / GETTY

George broke down Amal's role in the Maldives this way on the Late Show: "There's a president Nasheed that has been imprisoned under very questionable – the government that has taken over is not our friend and Nasheed is a pretty amazing man. She's there right now trying to get him out of prison." 

Amal arrived in the Maldives on Monday and met Nasheed in prison, where he is serving a 13-year sentence for "terrorism" that Amal labeled a "mockery of justice" in an April editorial for The Guardian
Jenn
Jenn
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 10 Sep 2015, 19:48

Thanks Tulips....

I'm confused...now they publish the Videos which were not aired at the time? I don't understand why they do that. The premier of the Show must have been weird.

Whoever watched the Show do you know how long the interview was with George? I hope we get the rest of the interview soon.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Thu 10 Sep 2015, 19:51

The interview with George, that one the was aired, lasted less than 10 minutes. We have it somewhere..

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 10 Sep 2015, 20:00

Thanks Doug Ross. Most of the Interview got posted I can't watch because of the Country restriction. But Tulips link I was able to watch. it was 4 minutes Long. I hope for the rest soon. Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 10 Sep 2015, 20:10

This woman met him backstage. COOL

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Thu 10 Sep 2015, 20:29

Nicky80 wrote:Thanks Doug Ross. Most of the Interview got posted I can't watch because of the Country restriction. But Tulips link I was able to watch. it was 4 minutes Long. I hope for the rest soon. Very Happy

That of Tulips was not part of the interview it was aired on television, it was posted later by Colbert on the site of his show. 

If you can watch it, this explains everything. It's pretty much what Kat19 said. 

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 10 Sep 2015, 22:00

Nicky80,
they must have changed something. Yesterday I was able to watch the video in Sevens link, otherwise I couldn't have mentioned anything about the interview. Today I can't watch it as well but as I already mentioned that the interview in Tulip's post was much more interesting. Hopefully we'll find videos on youtube soon.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 10 Sep 2015, 23:18

Okay, the People.com video is now all systems go on this side of the pond.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Fri 11 Sep 2015, 02:33

That is a great picture of George . Warm and sweet . Very Happy Very Happy:cheers:

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 11 Sep 2015, 11:10

Hello COH campers....oh I missed the interview.....Is this all there is the 4minutes above??? I thought he was on all night...

I dropped in to get some George interview and all I get is starvation rations....Not nice.....

Hey ho the 4 minutes i've seen are pretty good Colbert is a nifty old player.....or am I the only person that spotted it.....Naughty Mr Colbert, you got every angle in under the radar.... just wrapped in enough camouflage to be brought out and dusted off and used again, in the future......

It's not nice to walk someone in to saying something "out of context".....unless George went with it.....Hmmmm

Then I think "Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the Donkey that took them all to Bethlehem, I ONLY SAW 4 MINUTES!"......
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Fri 11 Sep 2015, 12:19

Nicky80 and WWHS,

I just found the interview that was aired on youtube:

Last edited by Nicky80 on Fri 11 Sep 2015, 18:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addded video)
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Fri 11 Sep 2015, 12:22

I know that the link was posted before but we couldn't watch it in Germany and this link worked for me.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Tulips Fri 11 Sep 2015, 12:33

The four minute extended version is much better than the eight minutes that actually aired.

Tulips
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 11 Sep 2015, 12:54

Yep. I have feeling that CBS realised it too, which is when they pushed it out later and extended the coverage.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 11 Sep 2015, 12:54

the hidden one part

Last edited by Nicky80 on Fri 11 Sep 2015, 18:45; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added video)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Fri 11 Sep 2015, 13:46

Tulips wrote:The four minute extended version is much better than the eight minutes that actually aired.  
I know that. I critizised the aired interview heavily because it seemed so aprupt and Stephen didn't respond to George's answers. Then somebody mentioned that the actually interview was much better and longer as commented on twitter. You posted a part of the whole interview. But Nicky80 then mentioned that she couldn't watch the aired interview and when I found it on youtube I posted the link so everybody can make up his/her own mind. I also think that the TV station might have realized that the editing wasn't very good and then decided to show the extended version...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 11 Sep 2015, 15:46

. He obviously cares a great deal about Darfur and is still involved with the cause. George is an actor the government does what it feels is right that has nothing to do with George.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 11 Sep 2015, 18:52

I removed the PR conversation as it is off Topic. Thanks.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 11 Sep 2015, 18:53

carolhathaway wrote:I know that the link was posted before but we couldn't watch it in Germany and this link worked for me.

Thank you, it worked for me now too. So cool, I love the fake movie Clips. too funny Yahooooo Yahooooo Yahooooo Yahooooo
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Surfing Fri 11 Sep 2015, 19:25

Nicky80 wrote:I removed the PR conversation as it is off Topic. Thanks.
OK. That's understandable. Give hearts   They're on that other site too. 

The whole interview was pre-recorded, so George Clooney directed what he wanted televised to the (eventual) 6.6 million audience in that time frame. Including mandatory Darfur mention....the comedy skit of self-deprecating humour..
Kept all authentic & on topic.  Interview was all about It's Me Me Me ... as he said.  Cool

Then the rest...the hidden one part.... Archived. Just as well...
Quite controversial about alleged terrorist political prisoner..or the stabbing of local counsel for unrelated reasons, or the emasculating joke about "not allowed to go."

Surfing
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Sat 12 Sep 2015, 08:37

very short and to the point george interview. I guess I knew he talk about Amal and I guess he is very concerned about her being there, but I am sure she is well guarded by security more than him and well taken care of. bg

bgarabedian

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sun 13 Sep 2015, 02:25

bgarabedian wrote:very short and to the point george interview. I guess I knew he talk about Amal and I guess he is very concerned about her being there, but I am sure she is well guarded by security more than him and well taken care of. bg

Not too worry Amal has big big rock to hit on them.Why to else take it to work?

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2