George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid  - Page Six July 1, 2015 - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid  - Page Six July 1, 2015 - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid  - Page Six July 1, 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid  - Page Six July 1, 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid  - Page Six July 1, 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid  - Page Six July 1, 2015 - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid  - Page Six July 1, 2015 - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid  - Page Six July 1, 2015 - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid  - Page Six July 1, 2015 - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid - Page Six July 1, 2015

+12
it's me
What Would He Say
Silje
Joanna
oldweston
Doug Ross
fava
LizzyNY
party animal - not!
kat19
Nicky80
LornaDoone
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid  - Page Six July 1, 2015 - Page 2 Empty Re: Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid - Page Six July 1, 2015

Post by What Would He Say Sat 04 Jul 2015, 13:02

Never! too much style...
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid  - Page Six July 1, 2015 - Page 2 Empty Re: Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid - Page Six July 1, 2015

Post by it's me Sat 04 Jul 2015, 13:11

What Would He Say wrote:Stop don't do it!

The only way he should leave is feet first in a box at the ripe old age of 112....

Bequeath his beloved Villa to the people of Laglio....In a hundred years his "spirit" will live on. helping the place he loved so much financially, and they in return will safe keep his greatest love....

Just like Blarney Castle, tour busses of people will pull up to wonder the house and gardens, with Rosemary playing from the balcony, a dinner table set with wax work images of the great and the good he has entertained, Walter etc,....and a gift shop selling tequila, tequila, T shirts, Rosemary CD (The Como Collection) playing cards with 48 faces of ex-girlfriends and 4 queen (2 down/2 to go)....And like Blarney Castle (kiss the stone for the gift of the gab) you can KISS the end of the bed and be bestowed with the gift of the swag...

Possibilities are endless....and every 4 July (spooky)... across the lake when the lights are turned off and the busses have pulled away, a shadow appears on the balcony, at twilight, a man holding a glass, swaying to the sound of Rosemary singing Hey Mambo, and if you listen as hard as you can, you can hear the man in hushed deep voice hum to the tune BADLY....Then you know George is back...And will never ever truly leave Laglio...

well
not my preferred issue Errrr pale

but you funny you !!!! flower
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 04 Jul 2015, 13:25

WWHS, that's hysterical.  You are quite a storyteller and a romantic one at that.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 04 Jul 2015, 13:29

WWHS - You made me laugh until I read the last paragraph - then I almost cried. That image of George alone on the balcony in the middle of the night humming Rosemary's songs -- so sad!

If he's going to haunt his Laglio home forever then it should be filled with the ghosts of the people he loved to have there with him when he was alive. It should be the same happy place it is for him now - and that's got a lot to do with the people he gathers around him there.

I wonder if the ghosts of his fans and the paparazzi would stake out the house like they do now. Do you think there's a ghost version of the Enquirer or the DM? Is there  the ghost equivalent of TMZ on the other side? scratch Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sat 04 Jul 2015, 13:37

Ahh Lizzy, here's the thing....He is only allowed to slip out of Heaven on the 4th July.... the rest of the time he is with the posse...

I think we should all be allowed back one day a year or so....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 04 Jul 2015, 13:48

still not happy about the issue

but

you sweet I love you
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 04 Jul 2015, 14:03

If George is coming back it's going to be a party with everyone he loved.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 04 Jul 2015, 14:56

WWHS.....very beautifully & imaginatively written !

Re the story/rumour about George selling that
lovely villa with all of its memories.
It may be the "new wife living where others have 
lived syndrome" and they want to choose their 
holiday oasis together. 

Nothing strange in that !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 04 Jul 2015, 15:18

Joanna wrote:WWHS.....very beautifully & imaginatively written !

Re the story/rumour about George selling that
lovely villa with all of its memories.
It may be the "new wife living where others have 
lived syndrome" and they want to choose their 
holiday oasis together. 

Nothing strange in that !

True that Joanna.  I've often wondered how Amal feels about living in the houses where George has lived with other women in his life.  Especially LA and Como.  Lots of old gfs have passed through.  Geez hopefully he has replaced his beds over the years.  That would be my one insistence if I were her. 

I'm holding out hope that this is still a rumor like all the others that come out every year when he's in Como.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 04 Jul 2015, 15:22

Well, he hasn't moved out of the LA house or Cabo...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 04 Jul 2015, 15:31

party animal - not! wrote:Well, he hasn't moved out of the LA house or Cabo...........

No he hasn't and I'm hoping he never does.  Como and LA especially ...... so many wonderful memories.  All of us who love G have lived somewhat vicariously in these homes with George.  These homes mean a lot to us too!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 04 Jul 2015, 21:05

Donnamarie wrote:
party animal - not! wrote:Well, he hasn't moved out of the LA house or Cabo...........

No he hasn't and I'm hoping he never does.  Como and LA especially ...... so many wonderful memories.  All of us who love G have lived somewhat vicariously in these homes with George.  These homes mean a lot to us too!
Yahooooo Yahooooo Yahooooo Yahooooo Yahooooo Yahooooo

Oh yes so true
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 04 Jul 2015, 23:28

I would think that all the homes mean a lot to Amal as well ,  they are where they probably spent time before they went public. George proposed in the house in Los Angeles. I think they have very special memories in the homes and are making plenty more .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sun 19 Jul 2015, 18:50

George Clooney considers selling his luxury Lake Como mansion

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Movie star George Clooney's Italian house, Villa Oleandra, on Lake Como in Laglio, for which he has reportedly received a huge offer. Photo: Michel OSullivan MAO

For every warm-blooded human who has ever wanted to sleep in the same bedroom as George Clooney – here is the opportunity.
The heartthrob actor, director and producer is speculated to be toying with a substantial offer for his luxury Italian bolthole, where he spends months at a time.
The beautiful villa in Laglio on Lake Como has been the subject of as much lust and swooning as Clooney himself – its ultra-luxe, historic interiors and romantic setting, right on the water, have been documented in many high-end magazines.
The grounds of Villa Oleandra, in Italian playground of the rich and famous, Lake Como. Photo: Luxury Retreats
[size]
But privacy is a concern, so he and wife Amal Alamuddin, a prominent international and human rights barrister, might be saying arrivederci to Villa Oleandra.
The Clooneys are said to be fed up with the paparazzi zeroing in on the villa, which – as pesky press photos have captured over the years – has hosted many a movie-star soiree.
Late last year, ahead of the couple's wedding, local police imposed a ban on photographers and local stickybeaks in boats from venturing within 100m of the villa, but no such restrictions seem to work.
[/size]
The swimming pool of George Clooney's Lake Como mansion, where the star has been photographed on many occasions. Photo: Luxury Retreats
[size]
International media are reporting the star is considering a $131 million offer for the 18th-century mansion, which he bought in 2002 for a whisker over $17 million.
Its staggering price boom since purchase indicates Clooney is not just a handsome face – he's got financial smarts, too. He put the property up for sale in 2010, but opted to keep it.
Lake Como is the classic high-powered Hollywood playground.
[/size]
Intricately hand-carved ceilings are a signature of the 18th century mansion, Villa Oleandra. Photo: Luxury Retreats
[size]
Clooney is not the only home owner, with fashion designer Donatella Versace, Virgin boss Richard Branson and music icon Madonna among the royalty and super rich families who have kept mansions on the water.
Acclaimed photographer Annie Leibovitz captured Clooney at the villa, and dive-bombing from his boat into the lake, for a 2003 issue of Vanity Fair.
The estate is 45 minutes from Milan's airport and has a private boardwalk to the water, landscaped gardens, an outdoor theatre, large swimming pool, pizza room, marble floors, ornately hand-carved ceilings, antique cabinetry in the "breakfast room" from an Italian delicatessen, and ample garaging for Clooney's motorcycle collection.
[/size]
A grand dining room inside Villa Oleandra, George Clooney's Lake Como getaway. Photo: Luxury Retreats
[size]
Access is via the main coastal road and through a high-security gate guarded by CCTV.
The feature of the marble foyer is a 40-foot ceiling decorated by a fresco, adorned with an enormous chandelier and a curving marble staircase.
It has been available for rent, costing up to a cool $9400 a night at peak.[/size]
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sun 19 Jul 2015, 18:51

That is not the house !!!  scratch
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sun 19 Jul 2015, 19:12

Really . So this is not the house .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 19 Jul 2015, 19:18

Nope.

Check out the thread on it - and Diane Sawyer tour with George

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 19 Jul 2015, 19:28

The very first picture is Oleandra  the rest are not.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 19 Jul 2015, 19:40

These pics don't look like his interior rooms.  And I've never read that he has rented his house.  What kind of cred can we take away from this story???
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 19 Jul 2015, 20:21

I agree
different
and the house near Oleandra is dark red

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 20 Jul 2015, 12:00

It's funny. Except for the photos of Amal on the balcony, the only photos of him with her or anyone else in Como that I recall seeing were taken when they were out and about  going to dinner, on the boat, their mothers out shopping.

Those are the kinds of photos that would be taken no matter where they were - and are taken all the time in London and LA and NY and Cabo - so selling the Como house because of media intrusion doesn't make sense at all. By that standard they'd have to sell everything and go live in an underground bunker.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 20 Jul 2015, 12:46

A few years ago there was a big problem a pap shot into one of the bedroom windows and the pictures were of a little girl , I forget who's daughter George did not like that. There are also other pictures of George's guest standing on the balcony of their rooms and paps take photos. But George has said he is not bothered he has security so I think that is the same rumor that comes up every year.

Also , it got better once the mayor implemented the 100 yard rule ,  plus the 600 fine for land and boats near the house. The rule has been in effect for the last couple of years.

Last edited by annemarie on Mon 20 Jul 2015, 12:54; edited 1 time in total

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 20 Jul 2015, 12:53

It was Matt Damon's daughter.  There was an incident when George wasn't in Como that someone got onto the grounds.  He was arrested.  That was a year ago I believe.  There have been issues in the past.  George may feel more wary of intrusions now that he is married.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2