George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Nöjesbladet Swedish paper Interview: George Clooney: "I could not be happier" EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Nöjesbladet Swedish paper Interview: George Clooney: "I could not be happier" EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Nöjesbladet Swedish paper Interview: George Clooney: "I could not be happier" EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Nöjesbladet Swedish paper Interview: George Clooney: "I could not be happier" EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Nöjesbladet Swedish paper Interview: George Clooney: "I could not be happier" EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Nöjesbladet Swedish paper Interview: George Clooney: "I could not be happier" EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Nöjesbladet Swedish paper Interview: George Clooney: "I could not be happier" EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Nöjesbladet Swedish paper Interview: George Clooney: "I could not be happier" EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Nöjesbladet Swedish paper Interview: George Clooney: "I could not be happier" EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Nöjesbladet Swedish paper Interview: George Clooney: "I could not be happier"

4 posters

Go down

Nöjesbladet Swedish paper Interview: George Clooney: "I could not be happier" Empty Nöjesbladet Swedish paper Interview: George Clooney: "I could not be happier"

Post by Silje Sun 10 May 2015, 09:16

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Google Translation:

George Clooney: "I could not be happier"

Nöjesbladet meets superstar in Beverly Hills

HOLLYWOOD It did not take many months before Jeremiahs began croaking of George Clooney and Amal Alamuddins marriage.

When Nöjesbladet meets movie star in Beverly Hills he laughs at the reports.

- I have a great partner and my life is really, really beautiful, he says.

Clooney turned 54 on Wednesday.

When we meet, it has been two days since he överraskningsfirades of 25 people at home in the villa in Los Angeles. He had just come back from the Jodie Foster film set in New York.

- Today it feels okay. But yesterday ...

He shakes his head.

- I have not even opened the presents yet.

Clooney is casually dressed in jeans, black shirt and black leather jacket.

As usual, he handles situations like these as if they were the easiest in the world.

- Children? Come on. Give us a chance. We have just got married, he laughs.

Nervous when he proposed

He and Amal, 37, is a lawyer with emphasis on focusing on human rights, was ordained in autumn 2014.

The rapid courtship of "the eternal bachelor" which Clooney was then called, hit like a bomb in the celebrity world.

In taksviten at luxury hotels Montage he explains 180-degree turnaround.

- I was not someone to marry. But I met someone that I realized that I wanted to share the rest of my life with and I hoped she felt the same.

He admits it was nervous when he went down on his knees.

- We had never talked wedding then. It was one of those moments when she could have said, "Are you crazy? I just thought that we had fun. "

They were married in a ceremony in Venice highlighted in many parts of the world.

- From the moment I met her until now has been the most important in my life and the part that gave me the most pleasure in life.

"I cook - she book a table"

- I could not be happier than I am. I have a wonderful partner and it is lovely. I never thought I could have it this good.

It is not just the love that enriched his life. Amal was born in Lebanon. For Clooney, it's a new world.

- I can tell you one thing about the Lebanese culture. They show up, everyone.

He laughs.

- We had a second party after the wedding, only to the Lebanese side of the family. They are hundreds.

- Now I have a big family and it's fine.

Who does what at home?

- I am a decent cook. I know how to cook. I spent some time in Italy and doing a pretty good pasta.

Your wife, then?

- She books table. Her mother also book a table (laughs).

Take cards off the farm

It has been speculated that Clooney imagine a future as a politician, and that marriage with Amal would improve his chances.

The reasoning he shoots down with irony.

- Sure, to marry someone who has Allah in the last name certainly helps in the political arena.

- In the world I work in, I do not compromise. I can take up a topic I want to fight for it and need not worry about any donor who has just donated half a million dollars for my political campaign. Politics and I be better served by that we are separated.

Summer thinks he and his wife spend in his yard on Lake Como.

Recently, it was reported that Clooney lobbied the mayor of the area to bring about the prohibition that makes the curious can not get near the property.

- We had nothing to do with it. We did not even know about it. However, it is true that many stop on the narrow and curvy road outside to take pictures. It is dangerous. That was why the ban was introduced.

- For us it makes no difference. We already had the fences that protect and I have had the house long. I love to be there.

Have an island in London River

They also have a mansion outside London.

Of Clooney's description to judge lets say the least pleasant.

- Basically we have an island in the Thames River. We keep on renovating the house now, to reset the bit to its original condition.

He states that he learned thrive in England.

- We have a favorite local, the Bull, as we usually go to. To get there we have to go over a bridge and then over a cemetery. There it is okay. But way back ...

With houses all over the world, missions for the UN, Hollywood Recordings and politicians friends have Clooney and his wife busy.

It has paved the way for them greatest challenge to their marriage.

- We have never had differing opinions. We are going on very well. The only adaptation married life meant is the scheduling. She is a freelance lawyer and can work in different places. We try to adapt to each other.

"Is the guy who gets beaten"

He says they have a rule to never be apart more than a week.

- When I was filming in New York, she said she could teach as a professor at Columbia University.

He beacons of a new smirk.

- You take who's the smart, right? I do not have the possibility (laughs).

Once they get vacation.

But first Clooney clear of the launch of the Disney family and sci-fi adventure "Tomorrowland".

It is written by Damon Lindelof ("Lost") and Brad Bird, who also directed.

- I felt flattered when they stood on my driveway and said they had specially written the role for me. When I started reading, it was, "A 55-year-old, worn-been".

Clooney laughs.

- It was just, "Thank you said you have". When I was 30 I got to be the man who fought and it exploded behind me. Now I'm the guy who gets beaten up and goes to the floor all the time.

- But it's actually fun. And this is a summer movie that is not a sequel or based on any superhero. I like that.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sun 10 May 2015, 13:24; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added google translation and edit title)
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Nöjesbladet Swedish paper Interview: George Clooney: "I could not be happier" Empty Re: Nöjesbladet Swedish paper Interview: George Clooney: "I could not be happier"

Post by Silje Sun 10 May 2015, 09:41

This is a pretty good interview with the biggest Swedish evening paper, Aftonbladet. Maybee someone with a PC can do a google translation?

A few things from the interview:

George says he cooks and Amal  makes dinner reservations and so does her mother.

He says he was nervous going down on his knee to propose because they had never discussed marriage and she could have said "Are you crazy, I thought we were just having fun."

George says from the moment he met her until now has been the most important part of his life and the part that has given him the most joy.

It has been speculated that he has political aspirations and that marrying Amal would help his chances. George says ironicly sure, because marrying someone whose last name is Allah really helps in the polical arena.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Nöjesbladet Swedish paper Interview: George Clooney: "I could not be happier" Empty Re: Nöjesbladet Swedish paper Interview: George Clooney: "I could not be happier"

Post by Nicky80 Sun 10 May 2015, 13:25

Thanks silje for the find. i have deleted your swedish text and replaced it with Google Translation and I moved the thread to the "print and TV" section as it is an interview. Wink
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 10 May 2015, 14:10

- Sure, to marry someone who has Allah in the last name certainly helps in the political Arena.

George is too funny lol!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sun 10 May 2015, 14:13

Thanks for the Google translation Nicky. It's not perfect but I  think Google does a better job translating Swedish to English then some other translations I've seen.

Here are a few corrections to the Google translation :
Överraskningsfirades =had a surprise birthdayparty.

Taksvit= Penthouse ( where they did the interview).

I was not someone to marry= I wasn't  looking for someone to marry.

A 55-year- old, worn-been = A worn 55 years old has-been (about the role that was written for him.)

And no mention of Amals cloth-style in the interview. Smile
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 10 May 2015, 14:14

Thanks Silje for clearing up this one

A 55-year- old, worn-been = A worn 55 years old has-been (about the role that was written for him.)

hehe
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 10 May 2015, 14:16

As ever with Google translations it has some amusing 
phrases.
But as I understand it from the tone of the interview
Our George is a very happy married man.
I like that they've decided not to be apart more than 
one week.
Matt Damon and his wife won't be apart more than 
two weeks.

I guess that George learned a lot about commitment 
from Matt during all the time they were together 
making MM.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sun 10 May 2015, 14:16

Nicky80 wrote:- Sure, to marry someone who has Allah in the last name certainly helps in the political Arena.

George is too funny lol!
 I though that was funny too but it might upset some people.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 10 May 2015, 14:36

I think George knew about commitment from his parents marriage. I think he met the right woman and decided he was ready and she was worth making the commitment.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down