George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney Reveals Why He Fell in Love With Amal EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney Reveals Why He Fell in Love With Amal EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney Reveals Why He Fell in Love With Amal EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney Reveals Why He Fell in Love With Amal EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney Reveals Why He Fell in Love With Amal EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney Reveals Why He Fell in Love With Amal EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney Reveals Why He Fell in Love With Amal EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney Reveals Why He Fell in Love With Amal EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney Reveals Why He Fell in Love With Amal EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney Reveals Why He Fell in Love With Amal

+12
mel01
Katiedot
Sevens
hathaross
Joanna
Cece42
amaretti
What Would He Say
Donnamarie
annemarie
party animal - not!
Nicky80
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

George Clooney Reveals Why He Fell in Love With Amal Empty George Clooney Reveals Why He Fell in Love With Amal

Post by Nicky80 Thu 07 May 2015, 21:15

George Clooney Reveals Why He Fell in Love With Amal

by Antoinette Bueno     12:13 PM PDT, May 07, 2015

George Clooney has no problem gushing about his gorgeous and fascinating wife, Amal Clooney.

ET caught up with the 54-year-old Tomorrowland star on Thursday, when the usually private actor revealed all the reasons he fell in love with the stunning 37-year-old human rights lawyer.
"She's an amazing human being," he told ET's Nancy O'Dell. "And she's caring. And she also happens to be one of the smartest people I've ever met. And she's got a great sense of humor. There's a number of reasons why."

Of course, George also couldn't be prouder of Amal's day job. He shared that the two have a lot in common given their mutual interest in international affairs, such as the Armenian genocide and the Elgin Marbles. Amal is currently representing Armenia in their case against Doğu Perinçek, the leader of the Turkish Workers' Party, and she's also been working hard to help Greece win back the Parthenon Marbles from the British Museum in London.
"I'm always very proud of her when I see her speaking at the International Court of Appeals in Strasbourg, you know, with her robe on," he said. "It's very impressive."
"It's a nice looking robe," he also joked about her court uniform. "They could spice that robe up a little bit."

Speaking of Amal's incredible fashion, George admitted that he's just as enamored with her amazing designer style as we are.
"It's amazing, because she's always -- since the day I met her -- she's always had this insanely ... it's eccentric but it's fun, sense of fashion," he told ET. "How she does it while she's got 11 cases she's working on, and she was teaching at Columbia, and she's still like, 'I want to wear that dress.' It's crazy. It has been sort of fascinating to watch, because she has such great taste.”
And forget about expanding his former bachelor closet for her. According to the Monuments Men star himself, it's actually "another bedroom" he needed just for her fashion.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Reveals Why He Fell in Love With Amal Empty Re: George Clooney Reveals Why He Fell in Love With Amal

Post by party animal - not! Thu 07 May 2015, 21:20

Wow! Hopefully we'll see this interview very soon. Thanks Nicky

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Reveals Why He Fell in Love With Amal Empty Re: George Clooney Reveals Why He Fell in Love With Amal

Post by Nicky80 Thu 07 May 2015, 21:22

"They could spice that robe up a little bit."

hehe funny George ...I can imagine his Fantasy hehe Razz

Yes PAN, would be great to see that on Video
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 07 May 2015, 21:29

It' s nice to hear him speak of his wife  he is simply in love and that is wonderful . Heck yeah a bedroom he certainly has enough in his houses I would love to see her closet.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 07 May 2015, 21:57

Looks like the Interview will be shown tonight on TV

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 07 May 2015, 22:06

Hey is that a new haircut?  It's great to actually hear him say such wonderful things about his wife.  Many of us here have been saying these are the very reasons he is so in love and wanted to marry her.

Thanks Nicky!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 07 May 2015, 22:18

So the instagram above is from E!online. Looks like he's had a nonstop junket day...hope someone offered him a Casamigos again........

Deadline for Omaze was Monday. wasn't it? Mm, not had an email yet...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 07 May 2015, 22:22

George is rocking his summer haircut.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 07 May 2015, 22:41

F**** I missed the deadline....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Thu 07 May 2015, 23:05

George looks nice with Nancy . Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 07 May 2015, 23:10

That's not Nancy O'dell is it she looks very different.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Thu 07 May 2015, 23:21

annemarie wrote:That's not Nancy O'dell is it she looks very different.

I believe that's Cat Sadler from E!News. I'm glad they didn't send Giuliana Rancic, she made such an ass of herself on the red carpet at the Golden Globes.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 07 May 2015, 23:36

Thanks Nicky for that find.
It sounds as if George is now happy and confident
enough to talk a little about his private life.
And very good it is to hear.

Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 07 May 2015, 23:44

Take a look at the Access Hollywood link, Jo. You'll love it - starts with Miley........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Fri 08 May 2015, 00:20

He also talks about Amal  Very Happy I love you I love you

Other than them both being massive stars, what do George Clooney and Miley Cyrus have in common? Country roots and a Christmas special.
Earlier this week, George was spotted chatting with the pop star at the Met Gala in New York City, and Thursday, at his "Tomorrowland" junket in Los Angeles, George told Access Hollywood's Liz Hernandez about his connection to Miley.
"I worked with Miley Cyrus," he said. "Bill Murray has a Christmas special coming out next Christmas and I ride in a sleigh with Miley Cyrus, pulled by The Rockettes, I think -- or something like that," George said.
WATCH: George Clooney Offers Praise For Miley Cyrus

"So I've gotten to know Miley and we have a little Kentucky history together," George continued (Clooney is from Kentucky and Miley's dad, Billy Ray, was born in Kentucky).
George said teaming up with Miley for the Bill Murray holiday project was a blast.
PHOTOS: George Clooney & Amal Alamuddin
"She was fantastic to work with, I’m telling you like fantastic and fun and a real pro," he continued. "And Bill Murray and I had drinks a few nights ago and he was just talking about how impressed he was as an entertainer and also just as a -- just in general as a pro, how professional she was. I really liked her."
Two other celebs George and his wife, Amal Clooney, were spotted conversing with at the Met Gala were Sofia Vergara and her fiancé, "Magic Mike" star Joe Manganiello.
"That was fun," George said. "Joe's huge, man!"
"I’m 5'11 and I literally felt like… you're like, 'Oh my God. You're a giant!'" George continued (Joe is 6'5"). "He's huge and she always makes me laugh. I've seen her for years and she has the greatest sense of humor. She's fun."
PHOTOS: Met Gala 2015: Red Carpet Looks
In George's new film, the actor plays a curmudgeonly inventor who goes on a sci-fi adventure with Britt Robertson's character to Tomorrowland. Inside Tomorrowland, there is a lot of action and adventure, and Clooney's character definitely gets into some scrapes.
"Oh no, that's not fun," George said of the fight scenes and flying ones. "I don't enjoy all that stuff. That ticks me off, because it used to be, in my thirties, I was the guy throwing all the punches and I was the guy winning the fights, but now I'm at the age where I lose every fight -- every single fight I get punched and fall on the ground and whine.
"And it's really fun getting older and doing those," he joked. "But I really did enjoy the stuff just driving around the truck with Britt and Raffey [Cassidy] was really fun. ...Those young women were just fun and smart and really fun to hang with. I really enjoyed that."

hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Reveals Why He Fell in Love With Amal Empty George on Extra

Post by annemarie Fri 08 May 2015, 00:41

Last edited by Nicky80 on Fri 08 May 2015, 22:21; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added video)

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 08 May 2015, 01:06

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 08 May 2015, 02:29

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 08 May 2015, 03:22

Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 08 May 2015, 04:12

Wow. The publicity for Tomorrowland has definitely started!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 08 May 2015, 06:29

YEAH and I hope George gets a warm welcome when he arrives in Shanghai!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Fri 08 May 2015, 06:52

Katiedot wrote:Wow.  The publicity for Tomorrowland has definitely started!  

Yup. I didn't really like that Access Hollywood lady's interview skills, she sounded so naive in the way she asked those personal questions, like she was questioning a 20-30 yr old...cringed a little watching her.

As for that article, that last paragraph in which George talks about Amal's fashion and style choices...there was something a bit off there, either with what George said (sounded contradictory) or perhaps it's just my opinion clouding the words he said...she sounds shallow and a diva based on his own words! Let me stress that's my take on it, I know i can expect backlash for saying this but it's one thing I can't keep quiet about, sorry in advance to the posters i offend.

mel01
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Fri 08 May 2015, 07:09

I have to agree with mel01, and in my opinion  she sounds like a spoiled brat.  He said he likes to watch sports and she makes him turn it off, I do believe he has turned into a wuss.  He seems like such a great guy that he will give into her every whim.  I can go on and on but I won't.
`

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenn Fri 08 May 2015, 08:40

"a number of reasons."
Love3 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Jenn
Jenn
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by / Fri 08 May 2015, 08:55

Cece42 wrote:I have to agree with mel01, and in my opinion  she sounds like a spoiled brat.  He said he likes to watch sports and she makes him turn it off, I do believe he has turned into a wuss.  He seems like such a great guy that he will give into her every whim.  I can go on and on but I won't.
`

Cece, you're making it sound like George is a victim in this marriage! Maybe he gives into her every whim because he wants to? He sounds still pretty smitten to me.

/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Fri 08 May 2015, 09:59

Codexchick wrote:
Cece42 wrote:I have to agree with mel01, and in my opinion  she sounds like a spoiled brat.  He said he likes to watch sports and she makes him turn it off, I do believe he has turned into a wuss.  He seems like such a great guy that he will give into her every whim.  I can go on and on but I won't.
`

Cece, you're making it sound like George is a victim in this marriage! Maybe he gives into her every whim because he wants to? He sounds still pretty smitten to me.
Of course he wants to, he wants to make her happy, the same way you do for a spoiled child.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 08 May 2015, 10:03

Amal's husband...
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 08 May 2015, 10:50

If you are not married to a sports nut you will never understand a season of one sport is enough for anyone I know I have lived with one for over  31 years. It is wonderful that George gives  in on sports . That is what marriage is give and take we try to make each other happy. A man wanting to make his wife happy is not a wuss he is a thoughtful and kind husband. I'm sure Amal gives for George too , she has to now  deal with the press attention being followed and lied on.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 08 May 2015, 11:17

The nut job is alive and at it on Daily Mail Comments

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 08 May 2015, 12:42

This man came on tv and had several interviews and spoke about his wife in the most glowing terms.  And now people here want to contradict what he said?  If you're not going to believe what George says then who are you going to believe?  I saw the same interviews you did and I in no way perceived anything other than a man who is happy.  AND HAS SAID SO ON MANY OCCASIONS!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 08 May 2015, 12:49

Donnamarie the ones who hate Amal will find something negative in everything.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 08 May 2015, 13:01

There is such audacity to twist George's words to feed their own negative perceptions.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 08 May 2015, 13:59

Unfortunately, it seems to be the way of the world instead of just wishing others happiness people seem to need to be negative and nasty.

And for those who are going to say it's only my opinion, not every opinion has to be spoken especially when it's hurtful.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 08 May 2015, 14:09

As most of you know I'm not completely won over by Amal. Having seen George's interviews yesterday, he's obviously smitten. I'll take his word for it that they're happy together. 

But I'll also take his word for the fact that Amal isn't intimidated by the media circus that follows them around. He basically said that because of the seriousness of her job, the A-list life of parties and paps is a breeze for her. She's not nervous or intimidated by any of it.

So, please, could we not have so much of the poor Amal must be so stressed learning to cope with all the attention? She's not. He said so.

If you're going to believe him when he says he's happy and in love, you also have to believe him when he says she took to their public life like a duck to water.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 08 May 2015, 15:11

It's good she doesn't get  nervous and just gets on with her life.  He did say she has had learn to deal with being followed by a bunch of press and still have a normal life.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 08 May 2015, 17:24

I agree Lizzy that we should not feel sorry for Amal and her dealing with the press and the spotlight.  I think she always handles herself in a confident manner. She doesn't seem intimidated. So good for her and good for George.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 08 May 2015, 18:05

I love the fact that they were friends for a little while.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 08 May 2015, 18:10

maybe when they first met and were just friends... he tried to date her... and that makes the "after three emails she finally agreed to date George Clooney" story more convincing.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 08 May 2015, 19:00

Just a quick aside.. not trying to start a false rumor...Guiliana Rancic is a big wig at E!.  Getting to interview GC 1:1 is obviously a big deal, yet Kat S. was given the interview.   Any idea if GC asked the Guiliana not be the interviewer?   Guiliana was one of the commentors on Fashion Police who did not like Amal's white gloves at the Golden Globes.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 08 May 2015, 19:34

No idea PP. Basketballsunny
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 08 May 2015, 21:14

Pig Pen I don't think George is that sensitive. He wouln't mind and probably would have laughed with her about it or make a joke about her. Maybe there were other reasons (like she was personally sick) why she couldn't do it.
and also if he would have a problem with her what she said about amal gloves then he would not give her the moment in his interview to talk about her.

No I think it is all ok. Next time will be her again Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Fri 08 May 2015, 22:11

PigPen wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Just a quick aside.. not trying to start a false rumor...Guiliana Rancic is a big wig at E!.  Getting to interview GC 1:1 is obviously a big deal, yet Kat S. was given the interview.   Any idea if GC asked the Guiliana not be the interviewer?   Guiliana was one of the commentors on Fashion Police who did not like Amal's white gloves at the Golden Globes.

Guiliana supposedly had another assignment, or something else going on. Catt and Guiliana were joking about this on the show the day before Catt interviewed him, about how bummed Guiliana was, and how she would send a question through Catt, it was funny.

Anyway, just watched the clip today of the interview, and in fact most of what they aired concerned George's reaction to Guiliana not being there to interview her favourite guy. George was acting hurt, and even mentioned whether she's off interviewing the actor from Mad Max (I forgot his name now), cuz "he's a handsome guy"

mel01

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 08 May 2015, 22:52

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 09 May 2015, 01:03

The Insider:

Says that they both feel very lucky to have found each other.......and more

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 09 May 2015, 01:51

That is great she is what he needed in his life and when the time was right they came together. I am so very happy for George and Amal finding the right person is a wonderful thing.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 09 May 2015, 02:02

Yep.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 09 May 2015, 02:46

He's happy.  He looks content and at ease with his marriage.  Which is ironic to say since it didn't look like marriage was going to happen for him. And it's so amazing that he meets her and realizes rather quickly that this woman is the one.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 09 May 2015, 03:22

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sat 09 May 2015, 09:47; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pics)
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 09 May 2015, 05:58

Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 09 May 2015, 07:28

Cece42 wrote:Of course he wants to, he wants to make her happy, the same way you do for a spoiled child.
Or the same way you do for someone you really love and whose happiness you care about?

Donnamarie wrote: If you're not going to believe what George says then who are you going to believe?  
Because George Clooney, like all human beings, doesn't always tell the truth. Especially not when talking to journalists because an interview isn't about giving honest information about yourself but presenting a picture of yourself that looks good.

The best way to do that, ironically, is to share a few true but less pleasant things about yourself (carefully selected so that they're not too bad of course) and that makes everyone think, 'Oh, he's being so honest; he's even criticizing himself here.' That way no one notices any lies or omissions because they're not looking for it because people expect others to be either honest or dishonest, but rarely do we expect a person to be half-and-half.

Of course that's not to say George was lying or exaggerating in this interview. He may indeed be truly smitten and happy. I just keep an open mind to the fact that there's no way on earth he'd admit in public to not being 100% happy and in love with his wife because imagine the headlines he'd get if he did! I don't know any married couples (that is happily, truly in love couples) who don't at least on occasion experience less than perfection from their other half. They may be very happy most of the time, but I don't think anyone is ever deliriously happy all the time.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next