George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Life's a catwalk for Mrs. Clooney...the human rights lawyer addicted to designer fashion 4/20/2015 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Life's a catwalk for Mrs. Clooney...the human rights lawyer addicted to designer fashion 4/20/2015 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Life's a catwalk for Mrs. Clooney...the human rights lawyer addicted to designer fashion 4/20/2015 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Life's a catwalk for Mrs. Clooney...the human rights lawyer addicted to designer fashion 4/20/2015 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Life's a catwalk for Mrs. Clooney...the human rights lawyer addicted to designer fashion 4/20/2015 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Life's a catwalk for Mrs. Clooney...the human rights lawyer addicted to designer fashion 4/20/2015 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Life's a catwalk for Mrs. Clooney...the human rights lawyer addicted to designer fashion 4/20/2015 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Life's a catwalk for Mrs. Clooney...the human rights lawyer addicted to designer fashion 4/20/2015 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Life's a catwalk for Mrs. Clooney...the human rights lawyer addicted to designer fashion 4/20/2015 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Life's a catwalk for Mrs. Clooney...the human rights lawyer addicted to designer fashion 4/20/2015

+4
Alisonfan
LizzyNY
party animal - not!
amaretti
8 posters

Go down

Life's a catwalk for Mrs. Clooney...the human rights lawyer addicted to designer fashion 4/20/2015 Empty Life's a catwalk for Mrs. Clooney...the human rights lawyer addicted to designer fashion 4/20/2015

Post by Donnamarie Tue 21 Apr 2015, 03:10

I can only imagine the reason for the DM to write this piece is to exploit Amal's passion for fashion and to stir up the haters who visit their site and leave comments.  Without knowing any details of what arrangementswere made between Amal and the designers  over the fashion pieces she has worn the DM nonetheless assumes that George has paid for everything.  Really responsible reporting.  Not!  DM has a very nasty habit of sucking up to the Clooneys and then spitting on them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Life's a catwalk for Mrs. Clooney...the human rights lawyer addicted to designer fashion 4/20/2015 Empty Re: Life's a catwalk for Mrs. Clooney...the human rights lawyer addicted to designer fashion 4/20/2015

Post by Alisonfan Tue 21 Apr 2015, 09:14

This cannot be 100,000 in dollars for just outfit they show! Must be near half million or more for ALL Amal clothing. George he give Amal anything she wants in life. He don't care or read DM. And Donnamarie you not worry Amal don't give care either. Comments hate her and her fashion taste, but she still call paps and don't give a care that ppl say.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Life's a catwalk for Mrs. Clooney...the human rights lawyer addicted to designer fashion 4/20/2015 Empty Re: Life's a catwalk for Mrs. Clooney...the human rights lawyer addicted to designer fashion 4/20/2015

Post by LizzyNY Tue 21 Apr 2015, 15:08

Donnamarie wrote: 1)the DM nonetheless assumes that George has paid for everything.  

2)DM has a very nasty habit of sucking up to the Clooneys and then spitting on them.
1) It seemed to me that they were implying AMAL has always worn expensive designer clothes, even before George. I don't know who's paying for what, but the clothes she wears do cost an obscene amount of money compared to what most of the rest of the world can afford.

2) It isn't just the DM and G&A. It's all media and all celebrities. They love to build them up to tear them down.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Tue 21 Apr 2015, 15:51

I love the fact that she wears cool clothes and looks great in them . Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 21 Apr 2015, 16:17

Yep, Donnamarie, in fact Amal always has worn good clothes, but she doesn't just wear them the once!

Take the black leather biker jacket - shots of her this time last year in Notting Hill wearing it - and the necklace from last night's dinner then too. It's Akong London.

The Oscar de la Renta check topped dress worn returning from Athens. Also a year ago at a DSC seminar and feedback in The Hague...............etc etc

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 21 Apr 2015, 16:59

PAN, here I go again because these articles just rub me the wrong way.

We don't know what she pays for, what's loaned and returned and what George is paying for.  As much as we may want to know it isn't any of our business.  As you said she has worn outfits that she had purchased before George.  And she does wear them more than once.  We actually don't get to see what she wears every single day so we don't know how many times certain items are worn.  We only get snapshots and lots of public judgement.

I do worry about the way her image is perceived.  I have read some really nice anoymous comments about Amal and I've read some really hateful stuff too.  Guess that comes with the territory of being in the public eye and marrying Clooney.  If she is being negatively judged simply on the fact that she wears too many designer clothes that's sad commentary on our society.  I'm sure Amal has a story like we all do.  She has depth, values, convictions.  We all do.  But she's being raked over the coals because she wears labels all the time.  If that is her big flaw well more power to her.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 21 Apr 2015, 17:42

Mm, I understand, Donnamarie. And she's definitely creating the odd thousand or two column inches at the moment. Her husband, one of the most famous people on the planet after all, is in the city with other famous folk filming, so in a way they're a bit like sitting ducks.

She also happens to be wafer thin and the right height for haute couture, and have a brain and a career. A  heady combination really.

However, she seems to think being flavour of the month will pass - and she could be right. It won't be too long before another media obsession takes over........but in the meantime their story is selling - and making millions for the press. 

Another thought. I wonder who took the decision to film on location in NYC. Were there tax incentives? Or could it simply not have been done on a back lot in LA?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 21 Apr 2015, 18:09

Donnamaarie - I'm guessing a combination of factors brought the production to NY. Possibly tax incentives but also the availability of facilities - ie. CBS's studios and the studios in Queens and also access to authentic outdoor locations on the actual Wall St. and streets in Queens. You just can't get the same feeling on a sound stage or back lot.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 21 Apr 2015, 18:21

Lizzy and PAN, I would guess the same reasons.  Tax incentives and authenticity of filming on Wall Street and at CBS studios.  And think there were scenes shot in the neighborhood where the hostage taker lives?  Think I saw that somewhere.  Was that Queens?

Just to add to what you said PAN about the media's obsession with Amal.  I do think once the two of them leave NY some of this excessive media coverage will lessen. But they are both (as a couple) will continue to be news for some time to come.  It was said by some who know them both that they can do great things together. So I think the spotlight will continue to shine on them for a while.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Tue 21 Apr 2015, 18:43

LizzyNY wrote:
Donnamarie wrote: 1)the DM nonetheless assumes that George has paid for everything.  

2)DM has a very nasty habit of sucking up to the Clooneys and then spitting on them.
1) It seemed to me that they were implying AMAL has always worn expensive designer clothes, even before George. I don't know who's paying for what, but the clothes she wears do cost an obscene amount of money compared to what most of the rest of the world can afford.

2) It isn't just the DM and G&A. It's all media and all celebrities. They love to build them up to tear them down.

LIZZY say it better than me all day.
1 Obscene money- whoever it is money for people who human rights lover everyone say on cooment board Everyone notice this obscene. And look more today. Amal likes to draw attention to wealth of her and husband. Look at me he he.
2 yes agree ALL celebs have this. But do not rub People's noses in wealth and luck in who she grab as husband or him PRIDE in who he grab as wife.
They must have care public don't know them like us and it shows what everyone is thinking everyday on internet and grocery store.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 21 Apr 2015, 19:20

I don't regularly read comments about Amal in other publications. I know that some are for and some are against. I think that some people just write whatever comes into their heads at the time, knowing 
that they can never be identified.
Therefore I don't think anything that's written in 
a comments section can be taken as a 
serious reflection of what "the public's opinion" is.
Just my random thoughts and maybe I'm 
stating the obvious. Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 28 Apr 2015, 00:41

I have been wondering will Amal and George attend the met ball . I know his movie is premiering next week , the met gala is on Monday. I thought of this because of Amals meeting with Anna Wintour and dinner with the designer.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 28 Apr 2015, 01:54

annemarie  I have no idea but boy could Amal dress for that event.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Tue 28 Apr 2015, 05:02

yes, amal has beautiful clothes and who knows if george is paying for them or they were given to her to promote the fashion. I just want to say, george goes to Dafur and is promoting everyone to help them for they are very poor and do not have any food or shelter or clothes. But Amal is ok with wearing million dollar wardrobe and showing off her clothes while people over there in dafur is starving and homeless. Well, I guess that is hlwd for you. rich get rich and the poor get poor. bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 28 Apr 2015, 11:52

George and Amal I'm sure do a lot for charity, why shouldn't she wear what she can afford and likes. There will always be poor people that is not her fault or any other wealthy persons fault. As for showing off I guess we all show off because we wear clothes and shoes whether they are expensive or not.  And the less fortunate are looking at us  in our own cities.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 28 Apr 2015, 15:05

annemarie wrote:George and Amal I'm sure do a lot for charity, why shouldn't she wear what she can afford and likes. There will always be poor people that is not her fault or any other wealthy persons fault. As for showing off I guess we all show off because we wear clothes and shoes whether they are expensive or not.  And the less fortunate are looking at us  in our own cities.

Amen to that annemarie.
If G&A wore "off the peg" clothes they would still 
be criticised for doing that too.

Live and let live I say. flower
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down