George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Hacked Sony Emails Part 2 - Sony Hit by WikiLeaks Document Dump April 16, 2015 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Hacked Sony Emails Part 2 - Sony Hit by WikiLeaks Document Dump April 16, 2015 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Hacked Sony Emails Part 2 - Sony Hit by WikiLeaks Document Dump April 16, 2015 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Hacked Sony Emails Part 2 - Sony Hit by WikiLeaks Document Dump April 16, 2015 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Hacked Sony Emails Part 2 - Sony Hit by WikiLeaks Document Dump April 16, 2015 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Hacked Sony Emails Part 2 - Sony Hit by WikiLeaks Document Dump April 16, 2015 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Hacked Sony Emails Part 2 - Sony Hit by WikiLeaks Document Dump April 16, 2015 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Hacked Sony Emails Part 2 - Sony Hit by WikiLeaks Document Dump April 16, 2015 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Hacked Sony Emails Part 2 - Sony Hit by WikiLeaks Document Dump April 16, 2015 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Hacked Sony Emails Part 2 - Sony Hit by WikiLeaks Document Dump April 16, 2015

+4
Silje
LizzyNY
party animal - not!
LornaDoone
8 posters

Go down

Hacked Sony Emails Part 2 - Sony Hit by WikiLeaks Document Dump April 16, 2015 Empty Hacked Sony Emails Part 2 - Sony Hit by WikiLeaks Document Dump April 16, 2015

Post by LornaDoone Fri 17 Apr 2015, 02:03

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sony Pictures hit by WikiLeaks document dump

Sony Pictures Hit by WikiLeaks Document Dump

By Claire Atkinson

April 16, 2015 | 4:33pm

Get ready for “The Sony Hack: The Sequel.”

Still recovering from a hack attack that leaked embarrassing emails, Sony Pictures has been hit by a massive WikiLeaks document dump.

The Web site, run by Julian Assange, unveiled Thursday an easily searchable database of more than 30,000 documents and 172,000 e-mails hackers stole from Sony’s film division in November 2014.

“This archive shows the inner workings of an influential multinational corporation. It is newsworthy and at the centre of a geo-political conflict,” Assange said in a statement. “It belongs in the public domain. WikiLeaks will ensure it stays there.”

WikiLeaks said the documents highlight the studio’s close ties to the Democratic party and its efforts to collect “intelligence” on rival studios including Oliver Stone’s upcoming film on Edward Snowden.

The Sony documents first surfaced in November as part of the biggest corporate hacking in history and were made public temporarily by a group called Anonymous.

US officials said they traced the attack to the North Korean government and said it was likely retaliation for a controversial Sony movie, “The Interview,” about the assassination of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

“The attackers used the dissemination of stolen information to try to harm SPE and its employees, and now WikiLeaks regrettably is assisting them in that effort,” Sony said in a statement.

“We vehemently disagree with WikiLeaks’ assertion that this material belongs in the public domain and will continue to fight for the safety, security, and privacy of our company and its more than 6,000 employees.”

Sony movie boss Amy Pascal, who stepped from her position this year under pressure, drew scrutiny after the emails showed her making insensitive comments about President Obama’s taste in movies.

The new WikiLeaks database is sure to create renewed havoc at Sony’s headquarters in Culver City, Calif., months after execs, including Sony Entertainment CEO Michael Lynton, thought the issue was dead and buried.

Instead, WikiLeaks drew attention Thursday to Lynton’s directorship at the Rand Corp., a US military intelligence think tank. It also mentions Lynton attended a dinner with President Obama in Martha’s Vineyard.

The emails also show Sony aimed to establish a fund-raising collective “to get around the $5,000 limit on corporate campaign donations,” according to the site’s statement.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Hacked Sony Emails Part 2 - Sony Hit by WikiLeaks Document Dump April 16, 2015 Empty Re: Hacked Sony Emails Part 2 - Sony Hit by WikiLeaks Document Dump April 16, 2015

Post by party animal - not! Fri 17 Apr 2015, 02:11

Now is this about to get very, very interesting?

Or is it basically stuff already in the public domain anyway in one form or another?

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Hacked Sony Emails Part 2 - Sony Hit by WikiLeaks Document Dump April 16, 2015 Empty Re: Hacked Sony Emails Part 2 - Sony Hit by WikiLeaks Document Dump April 16, 2015

Post by LizzyNY Fri 17 Apr 2015, 02:48

PAN - I think if it's in the public domain it's because it's been leaked already by hackers. The arrogance of Assange makes me sick. Just because SONY is  major international corporation and many of the people involved are people we've heard of does not mean they have no right to privacy - no matter how entertaining or titillating it might be to, in essence do the equivalent of going through their trash and listening in on their calls. IMO it's no different than corporate espionage, which is illegal - and so should this be.

Assange says this should be public because it is a look at how a multinational corporation operates. If I want to know how  a corporation operates I'll go to business school - I certainly won't go to an unethical site like wikileaks!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 18 Apr 2015, 13:22

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Doctor Who movie mooted in Sony leak

Plans for a Hollywood version of Doctor Who are part of the latest revelations from the Sony Pictures' computer hack.
The BBC said there was "tremendous interest" in the idea during a meeting with Sony last year, although no plans were finalised.
The meeting was disclosed in a hacked email, made public on Wikileaks, six months after a cyber-attack on Sony.
Wikileaks has made the information stolen from Sony available in a searchable format for the first time.
Sony said it "strongly condemns" the release, which amounts to more than 170,000 emails and 30,000 documents.

The new documents reveal more about the internal wranglings at Sony's film division but, so far, nothing is as embarrassing as the previously-released material.
Last year, Sony's co-chairman Amy Pascal and producer Scott Rudin came under fire for a series of racially-insensitive emails about Barack Obama's taste in films, which were among the first to be leaked.
Rudin was also exposed for calling Angelina Jolie "minimally talented" and a "spoiled brat".

Pascal eventually stood down from the company, while Rudin apologised for his remarks.
The entertainment company was hacked shortly before the release of comedy film The Interview, which lampooned the North Korean regime.
North Korea denied involvement in the attack but praised it as a "righteous deed".
Here are some of the initial discoveries from the WikiLeaks information dump.

There is "tremendous interest" in a Doctor Who film, said the BBC's director of television, Danny Cohen, in a conversation reported by Sony's international chief Andrea Wong.
The pair discussed the big-screen adaptation in January 2014, but Cohen warned that the programme's show runners, including Steven Moffat, "don't want to do one at this moment".
"That said, over the course of the coming months, the show running team is coming up with an 8 year timeline for the brand - laying out all that will happen with it," Ms Wong explained in an email to Michael Lynton, Sony Entertainment CEO.
"So the answer is that a film won't happen in the next year to 18 months, but it is expected that it will happen after that within the 8 year horizon."
Mr Lynton replied: "Sounds like we need to meet with the show runners", but Ms Wong warned him off, saying that too much pressure "actually might hurt our cause".
"The creative team on the show have been having the movie conversation with BBC Worldwide in recent weeks and are very hot-under-the-collar that their position on it is not being listened to or accepted," she added.

George Clooney's email address

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
It previously emerged that George Clooney was deeply hurt by bad reviews for his World War 2 film Monuments Men.
"I fear I've let you all down. Not my intention. I apologize [sic]. I've just lost touch… Who knew? Sorry. I won't do it again," he wrote, in an anguished email.
But the vital detail missing from previous reports was Clooney's email handle: Batmansenior.

Allegations of bullying by David O Russell

George Clooney famously fell out with director David O Russell on the set of Iraq war drama Three Kings, after the star stepped in to stop Russell's apparent mistreatment of various crew members.
Even five years later, the usually sedate Clooney told Premiere magazine that he would "sock Russell in the mouth" if he ran into him.
The director's behaviour was said to have improved since then - but Michael Lynton's brother-in-law, TV producer Jonathan Alter, wrote an email last September, alerting Lynton to reports of misbehaviour on the set of American Hustle.
Citing a crew member who had worked on the film, Alter said: "The new stories of his abuse and lunatic behaviour are extreme even by Hollywood standards.
"Apparently he behaved on The Fighter, but acted so crazy on Hustle that it's another Clooney situation where a lot of people won't work with him again. He grabbed one guy by the collar, cursed out people repeatedly in front of others and so abused Amy Adams that Christian Bale got in his face and told him to stop acting like an asshole."
The allegations have not been proven.

Jennifer Lawrence needs a lot of private jets

Movie star Jennifer Lawrence's standout turn as a scheming, desperate housewife in American Hustle resulted in a flurry of award nominations last year.
The trouble for Sony was that the award ceremonies all clashed with her filming schedule for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay in Georgia, Atlanta.
So, on three occasions, the company spent up to $51,000 (£34,000) chartering private jets to and from the set.
But that was small change compared to the penalty fee they nearly incurred when Lawrence was delayed by bad weather, after the New York premiere of American Hustle in December 2013.
A panicked email exchange suggests Sony would have forfeited $500,000 (£333,000) if she'd failed to make her 6am call time.

Oscar voters had concerns over 12 Years a Slave

Veteran Hollywood press officer Peggy Siegal emailed Amy Pascal in October 2013 to assess 12 Years A Slave's chances at the Oscars - where it was up against Sony's own American Hustle.
"The Academy consists of approximately 6,000 white 60-year-old men who are educated, experienced filmmakers who take their voting power seriously," she wrote.
"They are all fiercely patriotic and very aware of our day by day international standing, politically and culturally.
"'12 Years' is truly a brilliant film with a compelling story [but] this film is made by a Brit that exposes the darkest 'hidden history' of America, exposing a cruel and brutal segment of our white society.
"The Academy's experience of watching this film is not pleasant. Some will not see it... yet, because of the violence.
"I think the voters are patiently waiting for an excuse to vote for another film. In their hearts, they are uncomfortable sending a global message from a Brit that we are, or were, terrible people."

Rooney Mara wants a Dragon Tattoo sequel

Sony's English-language adaptation of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was a global hit, but it has been less than forthcoming on whether the next two books in Steig Larsson's series will be filmed.
That may be due to the studio's strained relationship with director David Fincher (who, according to one email, "refused to put the girl with the dragon tattoo in the ads for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo").
But Rooney Mara, who played the title role, decided to seek clarification from Pascal.
"Logic tells me they are not ever happening - as it's been almost three years since it came out," she wrote last October.
"But I had still been holding out a little bit of hope. I know there had been talks to do some sort of TV version without me. People still ask me about it ALL the time. And I never know quite what to say. So I guess I just wanted to ask you, so I could know for myself and so that I can let it go for good if that's the case.
"It's obviously a character and an experience I hold very close."
Pascal's response was simply: "I would love to chat with you."

Daniel Craig lost $5m on product placement deal

Sony's electronics division were keen to have one of their phones - the forthcoming Sony Xperia Z4 - featured in the new Bond film, SPECTRE.
The sticking point was that the film's executive producer, Barbra Broccoli, was demanding a placement fee. So Sony's marketing chief George Lyon came up with a plan.
Noting that $5m (£3.3m) had already been earmarked to pay Daniel Craig for pictures of him using the phone, he suggested: "What if we take the Daniel Craig fee and convince Sony just to pay Barbara directly $4m for a placement fee?
"No Daniel this time. We walk from him. The remaining $1m (or LESS!) of this budget can be used to hire 'Q' instead?"
The documents do not disclose how this tactic played out.

Scott Rudin's distaste for Angelina Jolie continues

Rudin's attacks on Angelina Jolie were due to the tortuous process of bringing Cleopatra back to the big screen.
Tension arose after Jolie's preferred director, David Fincher, became unavailable and Rudin's attempts to suggest alternatives - including Martin Scorsese and Ridley Scott - were not immediately embraced.
When Jolie wrote: "I'm studying a few more films to be sure"; Rudin emailed Pascal to say: "Beyond belief. She's studying films. Kill me please. Immediately."
Pascal replied: "What films is she studying?" to which Rudin pinged back: "I assume the ones she's been in."
Rudin apologised for his comments after the initial leak, saying: "I made a series of remarks that were meant only to be funny, but in the cold light of day, they are in fact thoughtless and insensitive - and not funny at all."

Jonah Hill is very safety conscious

Following a meeting about comedy cop movie 22 Jump Street, Sony's president of production fired off an email to his senior colleagues.
"As soon as I came got back to my office, [producer] Brian Bell called to tell me that Jonah is refusing to drive the Lamborghini! He doesn't feel safe! They're OK, they're suiting up his double."

Ryan Gosling is a big fan of video games

Ryan Gosling made his name playing shadowy, disturbed characters in films like Drive and The Place Beyond The Pines.
So it's something of a surprise to find out that the Canadian actor was desperate to make a film from the video game BioShock - a first-person shooter set in an post-apocalyptic underwater city.
"Ryan asked me to as[k] you if you are really doing a Bio Shock movie," his agent emailed Pascal, apparently mystified.
"Not sure exactly which one he is referring to, but I told him I would ask."

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sat 18 Apr 2015, 20:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 18 Apr 2015, 13:25

The BBC article is pretty interesting. Maybee someone  who is not on a cell can copy and paste it? 

The most shocking part about GC is his email handle: Batmansenior.
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 18 Apr 2015, 14:34

Very Happy I love it! Who else would have an email handle that reminds them every day of their most embarrassing moment? Way to keep himself humble. Very Happy - I wonder what he changed it to.  scratch
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 18 Apr 2015, 18:09

AmalJunior
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 18 Apr 2015, 18:13

Lots about George's favourite director - not! - too............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 18 Apr 2015, 21:07

party animal - not! wrote:Lots about George's favourite director - not! - too............

That was intriguing to me PAN cause I thought Russell had mellowed a bit.  Not too long ago I read that George actually went up to Russell at some awards event and made amends with him.  But it seems the behavior continues.  Interesting that some actors continue to work with him ... more than once.  

As interesting as all of this inside info is to read I really feel it was wrong for WikiLeaks to dump this stuff publicly.   In the name of what?  Providing a public service?  They claim geo-political importance of providing public knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes of a major movie production company.  Sony trying to raise funds to elect more Democrats.  What's new with that?  What about what goes on on Wall Street.  And which politicians are in the pockets of which Fortune 500 companies.  No public service was provided by WikiLeaks. Just an interesting read.  I almost feel WikiLeaks played no other role than to act as an enabler for this criminal act perpetrated by the North Korean government.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 18 Apr 2015, 22:42

melbert wrote:AmalJunior

ROTFLMAO

And I loved the section on Jolie studying films go help her decide on directors for her film and Rudin responding when asked which films she's studying?  Rudin: "I assume the ones she's been in."

Gotta love a witty response!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 12 Apr 2016, 15:40

Strange bedfellows. The movie is official. No director in place, though. (From Studio System News Insider)

Cleopatra 
Logline: An exploration of the vivid personal and public life of the Ptolemaic dynasty’s last ruler, the ambitious and charismatic Cleopatra.
Studio/Distributor(s): Columbia Pictures,
Production Company(s): Scott Rudin Productions, Pascal Pictures
Producer(s): Scott Rudin, Amy Pascal
Writer(s): David Scarpa (rewrite), Eric Roth, Brian Helgeland
Cast: Angelina Jolie
Details: Based on the book “Cleopatra: a Life.” written by Stacy Schiff and published by Little, Brown and Company on November 1, 2010
SSN Insight: Columbia Pictures bought the rights to the book based on a 10-page book proposal. James Cameron was previously mentioned to direct.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 12 Apr 2016, 15:45

Any link to George other than his knowing Amy Pascal and Angelina Jolie?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Tue 12 Apr 2016, 18:06

Antony obviously....."He wears the rose of youth upon him".....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down