George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Chris Wallace Under Fire About Kelly Clarkson  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Chris Wallace Under Fire About Kelly Clarkson  EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Chris Wallace Under Fire About Kelly Clarkson  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Chris Wallace Under Fire About Kelly Clarkson  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Chris Wallace Under Fire About Kelly Clarkson  EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Chris Wallace Under Fire About Kelly Clarkson  EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Chris Wallace Under Fire About Kelly Clarkson  EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Chris Wallace Under Fire About Kelly Clarkson  EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Chris Wallace Under Fire About Kelly Clarkson  EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Chris Wallace Under Fire About Kelly Clarkson

+7
Picachu
Joanna
Katiedot
Cece42
melbert
Missa
Nicky80
11 posters

Go down

Chris Wallace Under Fire About Kelly Clarkson  Empty Chris Wallace Under Fire About Kelly Clarkson

Post by melbert Sun 05 Apr 2015, 18:48

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/chris-wallace-fire-fat-shaming-kelly-clarkson-article-1.2173639

Chris Wallace under fire after fat-shaming Kelly Clarkson: ‘She could stay off the deep dish pizza’ 
BY Elizabeth Vanmetre

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Fox's Chris Wallace made comments about Kelly Clarkson’s weight, saying she "could stay off the deep dish pizza for a little while."

Kelly Clarkson can't seem to break away from comments about her weight.
Chris Wallace, the Fox News anchor, is the latest to rip on the "American Idol" winner during what was supposed to be a political radio show Saturday.

While a guest on the "The Mike Gallagher Show," the two men were talking about fat-shaming and soon enough the host brought up Clarkson's name.

"Have you seen Kelly Clarkson? You know the singer, Kelly Clarkson? Holy cow, did she blow up," Gallagher said

Wallace looked as if he was defending the artist by replying, "Really? Do we want to talk about some of your friends? Kelly Clarkson's got a lovely voice."

But added, "She could stay off the deep dish pizza for a little while."

Chris Wallace Under Fire About Kelly Clarkson  Kelly-clarkson-portrait-sessionVictoria Will/Victoria Will/Invision/AP

American singer and songwriter Kelly Clarkson poses for a portrait in promotion of her album.

Since having a baby last year, Clarkson has been the topic of cruel comments.

"Jesus, what happened to Kelly Clarkson? Did she eat all her backing singers? Happily I have a wide-screen," British personality Katie Hopkins commented on Twitter after seeing her on "The Gram Norton Show" earlier this year.

The singer recently responded to Hopkins' Twitter attack about her weight.

"She's tweeted something nasty about me? That's because she doesn't know me. I'm awesome!" Clarkson explained. "It doesn't bother me. It's a free world. Say what you will. I've just never cared what people think. It's more if I'm happy and I'm confident and feeling good, that's always been my thing. And more so now, since having a family — I don't seek out any other acceptance."
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Chris Wallace Under Fire About Kelly Clarkson  Empty Re: Chris Wallace Under Fire About Kelly Clarkson

Post by Nicky80 Sun 05 Apr 2015, 19:58

I agree when People say "you don't know me"...."It's a free world"....It's more if I'm happy ...."...and so on. That always sounds good.
Of course People who are fat don't deserve that but the same way skinny People get crtitised for being too skinny the same happens to big People and I think it is right as it is not healthy.

I think it sounds a bit mean the way he said it but I'm glad he said it. The way she looked before and now is shocking. The question is did she stop eating before to get famous with a skinny Body or did she start eating for 5 People suddenly?

And before somebody wants to kick my ass no I have no Problem with fat People. I only think it is not healthy the same like too skinny People. There should be a Balance.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Chris Wallace Under Fire About Kelly Clarkson  Empty Re: Chris Wallace Under Fire About Kelly Clarkson

Post by Nicky80 Sun 05 Apr 2015, 20:07

What I also think ( and probably many will disagree and really want to kick my ass)

Most women take care of themselves and as soon they get married and have Kids they let themselves go. I don't say this is what it is. But it looks this way. I admire women who take care of themselves doesn't matter if married or having Kids. It's about discipline.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 05 Apr 2015, 22:13

OR, sometimes it's a metabolic DISORDER.  You TRY to be healthy, but other conditions don't allow you to maintain a perfect figure.

Last edited by melbert on Sun 05 Apr 2015, 22:18; edited 1 time in total
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 05 Apr 2015, 22:14

http://www.gossipcop.com/chris-wallace-apologizes-kelly-clarkson-weight-fat-apology/

Chris Wallace Apologizes For “Offensive Comment” About Kelly Clarkson’s Weight
Chris Wallace Under Fire About Kelly Clarkson  Chris-Wallace-Kelly-Clarkson-Apology-65x65
Truth rating: 10
Kelly Clarkson
By Shari Weiss | 2:51 pm, April 5th, 2015     

Chris Wallace released a statement on Sunday apologizing for his “offensive comment” about Kelly Clarkson’s weight. Read his apology below.
As Gossip Cop reported, the “Fox News Sunday” host made a radio appearance on Friday in which the conversation on “The Mike Gallagher Show” bizarrely turned from pizza to fat shaming. Gallagher threw the first dig at Clarkson, bringing her into the discussion out of nowhere. “Have you seen Kelly Clarkson? You know the singer, Kelly Clarkson? Holy cow, did she blow up,” commented the radio personality.
But while Wallace didn’t at first agree with Gallagher, he went on to say of Clarkson, “She could stay off the deep dish pizza for a little while.” The cruel remark sparked outrage online, and even Wallace’s Fox News colleague, Greta Van Susteren, objected. “This ‘guy snickering’ about her weight is obnoxious. He should apologize,” she wrote on her blog.
It took two days for Wallace to take the advice. In a statement furnished to Gossip Cop through a rep, Wallace says, “I sincerely apologize to Kelly Clarkson for my offensive comment. I admire her remarkable talent and that should have been the focus of any discussion about her.”
For his part, Gallagher posted a statement on his website Saturday saying, “Tubby Mike is the last person in the world who should bring up anyone’s weight. I couldn’t possibly feel any worse than I do for making an observation that led to the conclusion that I ‘fat-shamed”’this talented and classy entertainer. It was a really stupid thing for me to do.”
Clarkson hasn’t acknowledged the situation. What do you think of Wallace’s apology?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sun 05 Apr 2015, 22:34

Or sometimes, bodies come in different sizes.  And while they can be manipulated in the short-term to be a size they aren't meant to be through increasingly unhealthy means, they eventually return to the size they're supposed to be.  Diets don't work in the long-term; research shows that 92-98% of those who lose weight on a diet regain the weight within 5 years, and 83% of those people gain more than they lost.  

Since the "But it just not HEALTHY!" lament was issued, I could post pictures of 300 lb. triathletes and dancers and yoga teachers.  I could post the research that shows that when four health behaviors are accounted for (no smoking, no drinking, exercise 150 minutes per week, and five servings of fruits and veggies per day), people who are overweight and people who are not have the same health outcomes.  I could link to the research that shows that fat people who live in societies in which there is no stigma around being fat have far fewer instances of physical and mental health problems than those who live in societies in which there is such a stigma.

But I won't.  Because a) you can't tell a person's health status by looking at them, and b) even if you could, another person's health is none of your business.  Health is not a barometer of worthiness or required to receive basic human dignity.  Kelly Clarkson may have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and Type II diabetes; doesn't matter.  And before you go down the "But she's glamorizing being fat!" route, stop.  If she had a limp, she wouldn't be accused of encouraging people to break their legs so they'll have a limp just like her.  She's just existing in the body she has, and she's not only not apologizing for it, she's happy.  And nothing riles people up like a happy fat person.  How dare she! Rolling Eyes
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 05 Apr 2015, 23:10

Chris Wallace Under Fire About Kelly Clarkson  Clap10Chris Wallace Under Fire About Kelly Clarkson  Clap10Chris Wallace Under Fire About Kelly Clarkson  Clap10Chris Wallace Under Fire About Kelly Clarkson  Clap10
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 06 Apr 2015, 00:13

Amen, Missa. Very well said.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Mon 06 Apr 2015, 02:49

Way2Old4Dis wrote:Amen, Missa. Very well said.

I agree, very well said!!!!!!!!!!!

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 06 Apr 2015, 05:37

Well said Missa.

Also, why is this in the friends and family section? Moving this to the non-Clooney related part of the forum.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 06 Apr 2015, 11:36

Missa wrote:......

Since the "But it just not HEALTHY!" lament was issued, I could post pictures of 300 lb. triathletes and dancers and yoga teachers.  I could post the research that shows that when four health behaviors are accounted for (no smoking, no drinking, exercise 150 minutes per week, and five servings of fruits and veggies per day), people who are overweight and people who are not have the same health outcomes.  I could link to the research that shows that fat people who live in societies in which there is no stigma around being fat have far fewer instances of physical and mental health problems than those who live in societies in which there is such a stigma.
True Missa, there is always the other side. Like people who are saying to make drugs legal as it is not for everyone unhealthy. Cases like this can always be seen in different ways. Everyone has to make they own living rules.
I still hope she is not gettig bigger and find a way to control it.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 06 Apr 2015, 15:19

For any one who's interested.....
On you tube search for Kelly Clarkson on Ellen.
She talks about criticism about her weight.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Mon 06 Apr 2015, 16:26

Thank you Missa
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 06 Apr 2015, 17:02

If she is happy with herself that is all that matters. No one has to follow suit and be like her.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 06 Apr 2015, 17:19

I had a discussion recently with someone who, like me, has pretty much given up watching/listening to traditional news sources because everyone in it is now a personality instead of a news journalist. Can you imagine Walter Cronkite doing something so low and ignorant as insulting a singer about her weight?

This is the kind of thing that happens in this perfect societal storm of pervasive media, celebrity culture, and social media. Not only does everyone have a forum and an audience, everyone is a potential target and fewer and fewer subjects are off limits. Each personality has to one-up the last one just to get attention, so taste and limits go by the wayside.

It doesn't help that we've somehow come to the concept that only skinny is beautiful and worthy of admiration. That one confuses the hell out of me. Not only because I just don't see much attractive about a skin-and-bones body; but because it implies that if someone gains weight, their brains and character are different from what they were before. It's ridiculous. 

And I'll add this, since everyone else is too nice to say it. Who the fuck is Chris Wallace that he can criticize anyone's looks? I don't think there's a soul on this earth clamoring to see him on the cover of 'Men's Health.'

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Mon 06 Apr 2015, 17:41

Kelly Clarkson has a fabulous voice . She is very talented .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 06 Apr 2015, 18:52

It was an inappropriate comment for Wallace to make.  I'm glad he apologized but it is so easy for newscasters to let comments like that slip.  Newscasters have become personalities. It's all about the ratings.  They don't just report the news anymore.  It is so easy for careless comments to become news when jounalists start venturing outside reporting straight news.  Not to mention the negative impact social media has had on how news gets reported.

Yes, I could not imagine Walter Cronkite ever allowing himself such an opinionated comment on a newscast.  
His kind of news reporting doesn't really exist anymore.  And the news cycle is generating practically 24 hours a day.  News people have to fill all that airtime with something and so much of it is just bunk!  These kind of faux pas are bound to continue.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 06 Apr 2015, 19:59

Interesting how it works in the US. i can not imagine how that is.

Of course in Germany we have gossip News like "The sun" too but the newscasters are still journalists. I haven't seen German newscasters visiting any "talk Show" or something and start making bad comments about famous People or try to be a personality. they don't do many interviews anyway. I like it this way. They come across more serious.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 06 Apr 2015, 20:15

Way2Old4Dis wrote:........

It doesn't help that we've somehow come to the concept that only skinny is beautiful and worthy of admiration. That one confuses the hell out of me. Not only because I just don't see much attractive about a skin-and-bones body; but because it implies that if someone gains weight, their brains and character are different from what they were before. It's ridiculous. 

Not everyone thinks skinny is the best. I don't like really skinny bony people. It doesn't look nice. Woman need curves. I think the medie is giving the wrong message.  In France they will put a new law in place and decide what the min size should be for skinny People. They do have so many Problems with skinny People that they want to put People into prision who Support women to be even skinnier then skinny. It is big in the news this week and Designers are not happy. I think this is really cool that France does that. I guess it doesn't matter if you are fat or skinny, People get concerned if it's out of norm.

Way2Old4Dis wrote:........

It doesn't help that we've somehow come to the concept that only skinny is beautiful and worthy of admiration. That one confuses the hell out of me. Not only because I just don't see much attractive about a skin-and-bones body; but because it implies that if someone gains weight, their brains and character are different from what they were before. It's ridiculous.

I don't think Wallace made a bad comment about her brain or character. Yes his comment was not nice but I think he referred to her weight only not brain or character.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 06 Apr 2015, 21:50

I think the only body types that are questionable, and not healthy, are anorexic and obese.  There's nothing wrong with being skinny or slim.  Nor is someone who is much heavier.  What's more important is that people eat a decent diet and exercise.  

The fashion magazines push the image of only skinny women are beautiful.  But outside of that microcosm and Hollywood to some extent I think most people see that image as unrealistic.  Young girls who are impressionable are at risk of thinking they are only beautiful if they meet a certain body type.  They need to have good  rolemodels so they don't fall for the media hype.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Wed 08 Apr 2015, 03:18

Donnamarie wrote:I think the only body types that are questionable, and not healthy, are anorexic and obese.  There's nothing wrong with being skinny or slim.  Nor is someone who is much heavier.  What's more important is that people eat a decent diet and exercise.  

The fashion magazines push the image of only skinny women are beautiful.  But outside of that microcosm and Hollywood to some extent I think most people see that image as unrealistic.  Young girls who are impressionable are at risk of thinking they are only beautiful if they meet a certain body type.  They need to have good  rolemodels so they don't fall for the media hype.
What's more important is that we learn to love the bodies we have, rather than the bodies we think someday we might possibly have, and that's when we'll really be happy. If every in the world woke up tomorrow completely satisfied with our bodies, can you imagine how many businesses would go under?  The weight loss industry alone is worth $60 billion dollars a years in the U.S., let alone the plastic surgery/Botox/makeup/etc. industries.  There is an enormous economic component to making sure we all hate ourselves enough to keep throwing money at a non-existent problem.  

This video makes me wonder when exactly we learn that we're not good enough, and how we can break that cycle.

Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down