George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney powwows with producing partner Grant Heslov EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney powwows with producing partner Grant Heslov EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney powwows with producing partner Grant Heslov EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney powwows with producing partner Grant Heslov EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney powwows with producing partner Grant Heslov EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney powwows with producing partner Grant Heslov EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney powwows with producing partner Grant Heslov EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney powwows with producing partner Grant Heslov EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney powwows with producing partner Grant Heslov EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney powwows with producing partner Grant Heslov

+4
Sevens
fava
it's me
Nicky80
8 posters

Go down

George Clooney powwows with producing partner Grant Heslov Empty George Clooney powwows with producing partner Grant Heslov

Post by Nicky80 Mon 16 Mar 2015, 06:38

Seems like there are no pics yet..

George Clooney powwows with producing partner sans Amal

George Clooney was back at art dealer Larry Gagosian and sushi guru Masa Takayama’s Upper East Side restaurant, Kappo Masa, on Friday night.
But rather than dining with wife Amal, he was powwowing with his producing partner, Grant Heslov.
The pair are currently producing Jodie Foster’s “Money Monster,” in which Clooney’s starring with Julia Roberts, and they’ve previously teamed on “The Monuments Men,” “August: Osage County” and “Argo.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney powwows with producing partner Grant Heslov Empty Re: George Clooney powwows with producing partner Grant Heslov

Post by Donnamarie Mon 16 Mar 2015, 11:55

You mean no media frenzy when Grant and George left the restaurant?  But they're such a cute couple. Razz
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

George Clooney powwows with producing partner Grant Heslov Empty Re: George Clooney powwows with producing partner Grant Heslov

Post by party animal - not! Mon 16 Mar 2015, 12:18

Wheels within wheels?

Stuff I didn't know. Restaurant owned by Larry Gagosian, who is Armenian. Big big art dealer, possibly No 1 worldwide. Friend of Jean Pigozzi......who knows Amal. Monuments Men premiere at the Zeigfield hosted by Gagosian. Vast house on East 75th, plus Toad Hll in the Hamptons...........and so on and so on

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 16 Mar 2015, 12:48

party animal - not! wrote:Wheels within wheels?

Stuff I didn't know. Restaurant owned by Larry Gagosian, who is Armenian. Big big art dealer, possibly No 1 worldwide. Friend of Jean Pigozzi......who knows Amal. Monuments Men premiere at the Zeigfield hosted by Gagosian. Vast house on East 75th, plus Toad Hll in the Hamptons...........and so on and so on

Great background PAN.  

Makes you wonder how many degrees of separation there was between George  and Amal before they met.

And George is running with a pretty heady crowd.  More so now than ever.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 16 Mar 2015, 13:00

Yep, degrees of separation. Great phrase - bet they think so to!

And when you think of all the Clooney/Kerry/Obama/Clinton/Annan/Veltroni etc etc links, Our Hero is doing all the right things.........he just doesn't talk about it that much. Soul of discretion

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 16 Mar 2015, 18:04

mmmhh to be honest i think we "link" too much sometimes. Razz  If we investigate all Restaurants George goes for dinner we can link lot's of names together. Razz 

I like to think George and Grant just went to a famous Sushi Restaurant in NY to have dinner. That's all-

but yes for sure it is interesting to see the Connection

But really great to hear George and Grant met up... as Donnamarie said "such a cute couple" Yahooooo
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 17 Mar 2015, 08:29

I decided a while back to stop being surprised by the people George knows. He's a sociable guy, he's in a position to meet lots of people and he's very likeable at that. I'd guess there's pretty much nobody who George wants to meet who he hasn't met already.

As for how close all of these links are, well . . .
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 17 Mar 2015, 09:50

interesting point Kat
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 17 Mar 2015, 12:37

Katiedot wrote:I decided a while back to stop being surprised by the people George knows.  He's a sociable guy, he's in a position to meet lots of people and he's very likeable at that.  I'd guess there's pretty much nobody who George wants to meet who he hasn't met already.

As for how close all of these links are, well . . .

So agree Katidot.  It's the different types of people that George has connected to which is more interesting.  He's an actor/director.  That's a small world in some ways.  But the way George has reached out with his involvement in politics/jounalism and humanitarian/international issues over the years has certainly widen that circle considerably.  He's gregarious, extremely sociable and likable like you said.  That mix has kept him relevant and influential.  He knows so many different kinds of people who know people and on and on.  its an pretty impressive network.  I'm just really impressed with the way George has embraced so much in what was originally just an actor's life.  He has truly evolved since becoming a household name back in the 90s.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 17 Mar 2015, 13:46

Since George came to NY to stay for a while, and since the Armenian genocide issue has become prominent, and since both he and Amal are involved with it, and since he has all kinds of film projects coming up I was hoping he might just make an appearance on his good friend Charlie Rose's show. (Or maybe they BOTH would, since apparently they both know him and they're both actively involved in the Armenia issue.) Instead, we got Geoffrey Robertson, QC, who was on last night discussing the situation. Very interesting, but not George. Sad

(Sorry for the long, long sentence. Embarassed )
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 17 Mar 2015, 14:08

Damn, I didn't know that Robetson was on Charlie Rose last night.  I sometimes tune in to watch his show which is usually really interesting even if he's discussing a really dry subject.  But I didn't watch.  Maybe I'll catch a repeat.

I'm waiting for Charlie and George to get together for dinner or something.  Maybe they have already but we just don't know about it.

Lizzy,  I also thought it would be timely for George to be on Charlie's show.  Maybe he will.  Guess I better start tuning in to Charlie on a regular basis for a while.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 17 Mar 2015, 14:39

Donnamarie wrote:Damn, I didn't know that Robetson was on Charlie Rose last night.  I sometimes tune in to watch his show which is usually really interesting even if he's discussing a really dry subject.  But I didn't watch.  Maybe I'll catch a repeat.

I'm waiting for Charlie and George to get together for dinner or something.  Maybe they have already but we just don't know about it.

Lizzy,  I also thought it would be timely for George to be on Charlie's show.  Maybe he will.  Guess I better start tuning in to Charlie on a regular basis for a while.

I know I am a cynic, but maybe he will appear closer to when Tomorrowland comes out.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 17 Mar 2015, 15:13

Lizzy I'm soooooo hoping he must do his last Daily Show interview with Jon Stewart. They seem to be friends since the early 90s and everyone is gonna miss Jon...The last one George did when promoting Monuments Men was Great!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 17 Mar 2015, 16:08

Donnamarie - If it makes you feel any better, Charlie Rose didn't do the interview himself. I'm sorry I didn't catch the name of the interviewer. I wish they would announce the guests for the show ahead of time. I've missed quite a few interviews I would have watched because I didn't know they were on.

Fava - Before the Armenian genocide issue came up I thought George might be on Charllie's show to discuss Tomorrowland. Maybe he will.  There's still time for both.

Sevens - You're right. It would be great if George was on Jon Stewart's show again before he leaves. I was also hoping he'd do Letterman again before Letterman retires. I love his appearances on the show. Who knows? Maybe he'll do them all!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 17 Mar 2015, 16:19

Lizzy, my only gripe with Rose's show is that they don't announce in advance who will be on his show.  I've missed some good ones too.  They do repeat some interviews but again you don't know in advance. Oh well.

I would think George will be doing press for Tomorrowland but much closer to the release in May. 

in the meantime I sure hope he does the Stewart and Letterman shows.  He's always a great guest and has a terrific rapport with both of those guys.  Letterman is still waiting for an invite to Como.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 17 Mar 2015, 16:33

Ah, yes.......the running joke.......

So Geoffrey Robertson's in NYC at the moment..?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 17 Mar 2015, 16:54

Donnamarie, if you're interested at all, Geoffrey Robertson gives a brief history of the Armenian Genocide in his interview here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's on Bloomberg here because Charlie Rose is on assignment and a Bloomberg interviewer stood in for him

Very interesting.........

Oh dear, maybe this should be in the Aurora thread. I'm not sure

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 17 Mar 2015, 17:00

Thanks PAN.  I am interested.  I'll check it out.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 17 Mar 2015, 17:56

PAN - Not sure where the interview took place. It could have been anywhere.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 18 Mar 2015, 03:39

fava wrote:I know I am a cynic, but maybe he will appear closer to when Tomorrowland comes out.
Come and sit next to me, fellow cynic.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 18 Mar 2015, 14:34

Katie - Maybe not a cynic. Maybe an optimist? I keep hoping he'll turn up on at least one of the NY shows before he leaves the city.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down