George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and Amal out for dinner on the Upper East Side at Kappo Masa - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and Amal out for dinner on the Upper East Side at Kappo Masa - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney and Amal out for dinner on the Upper East Side at Kappo Masa - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney and Amal out for dinner on the Upper East Side at Kappo Masa - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney and Amal out for dinner on the Upper East Side at Kappo Masa - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney and Amal out for dinner on the Upper East Side at Kappo Masa - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney and Amal out for dinner on the Upper East Side at Kappo Masa - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney and Amal out for dinner on the Upper East Side at Kappo Masa - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney and Amal out for dinner on the Upper East Side at Kappo Masa - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Amal out for dinner on the Upper East Side at Kappo Masa

+18
Joanna
Way2Old4Dis
/
What Would He Say
mel01
LizzyNY
fluffy
bgarabedian
Sevens
party animal - not!
oldweston
annemarie
kat19
LornaDoone
amaretti
pattygirl
fava
Nicky80
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George Clooney and Amal out for dinner on the Upper East Side at Kappo Masa - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney and Amal out for dinner on the Upper East Side at Kappo Masa

Post by What Would He Say Mon 09 Mar 2015, 14:53

I like the tights best....wonder if her blog report on tights....might as well say it here and if they read COH they may tell us....Brand and colour? Please.

George as always understated and yet......breathtakingly hot on a cold cold night......The only thing I see in the picture, and the tights of course. Mmmm.....

George pulling a pair of tights....now there's a thought....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Amal out for dinner on the Upper East Side at Kappo Masa - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney and Amal out for dinner on the Upper East Side at Kappo Masa

Post by party animal - not! Mon 09 Mar 2015, 14:55

I don't think her make up and hair is that different from, say, when she was interviewed by IBAHRI on Egypt, do you?

And at the end of the day, they were walking two blocks to a restaurant on a so she's not likely to get THAT cold - sure there'd be a backup car if it was really a problem. I think she's pretty fit anyway. She used to play netball in the UK in her spare time (or basketball).

They look really happy to me

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 09 Mar 2015, 15:01

Oh Lizzy don't be a grumpy old bat in snowed up NY.
You wouldn't like me then as I HATE dark colours, 
on me or any others. 
IMO Life's too short not to wear bright cheerful colours, 
especially in the dark winter months. 
I love having colour around me and I believe
George does too so her style of dressing is just 
fine by me.
I hardly ever fasten a coat up either but usually wear a colourful scarfe.

Sorry....I think we're slowly veering off topic now.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebe Mon 09 Mar 2015, 15:27

I'm another one who likes to wrap up when it's cold and it's often pretty cold and windy around here. It always amazes me that young people go out in the evenings without coats here. Many of the women just wear thin dresses and have bare legs so seeing Amal wearing tights and a jacket even though unbuttoned seems not so bad to me. They also wear a lot of designer clothes here too. They all seem to want to be seen in in fashionable expensive clothes. Personally I'd rather dress for warmth and comfort but they can wear what they want. Many of them work in the oil industry so are well paid.

It's a pity that George and Amal can't go out for dinner without all those photographers all the time but I admire how they cope with it. I don't think they contact the press and it's more more likely to be someone giving them a tip off for a fee. I don't think George needs the publicity. He's got plenty of work and is much admired in the film industry. Of course there is added interest because of their marriage.

Hebe
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 09 Mar 2015, 16:53

Amal is a woman who likes to look good and I would to if I were married to George. It was in the 30's here on Saturday not subzero. Not everyone likes dark colors even in winter they are depressing. George has walked places in New York before this is nothing new two blocks is not that far at all . I'm pretty sure George loves her legs and doesn't mind the short skirts if anything he probably loves them he is a man after all.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 09 Mar 2015, 17:17

Amal has very her own style.  She knows what she likes. She looks awesome in strong colors. She knows this.  She wears what looks good on her.  Why should she wear dark colors and black exclusively because that's what you do in New York in the winter.  And I agree with annemarie.  I think George loves her long legs and loves to see her in dresses.  And maybe Amal dresses to please George as much she dresses to suit herself.

In any case this is a woman who loves clothes and I don't think we can at any time expect her to change the way she dresses.  If she spends way too much on her clothes then the only person who should call her out on it is her husband.

And those shoes.  God they're gorgeous!

I'm sure part of this thread should probably be moved to Amal's style.  We have gotten off topic a bit like Joanna said. I'll just throw in that George looked great too!  I wonder if he has 12 pairs of the same jeans and 3 pairs of the suede boots.   He practically lives in those things.  
But he gets a pass cause he's so cute.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 17:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct spelling)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 09 Mar 2015, 17:53

Lainey's take on it all:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Amal also has a book coming out soon too

Professor Clooney’s New York Weekend

Amal and George Clooney were out for dinner in New York this weekend. As you know, they’re in town because he’s shooting a movie there with Jodie Foster. Or you could say they’re in town because she’s now a visiting lecturer at Columbia’s Human Rights Institute.
"It is an honour to be invited as a visiting professor at Columbia Law School alongside such a distinguished faculty and talented student pool. I look forward to getting to know the next generation of human rights advocates studying here."
Solid attendance anticipated on the days she’s around, right?
So she’s a professor, on top of her regular job and all the cases she’s handling, and she’s soon to be an author as her book The Right To A Fair Trial In International Law will be published by Oxford University Press later this year. Obviously she gets a lot of sh-t done. And isn’t the idea that she can’t possibly get her sh-t done just because she’s married to him and sometimes on holiday with him a little…anti-feminist?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Nicky80 on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 19:50; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added text and pics)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by / Mon 09 Mar 2015, 18:47

As Lainey said: she gets shit done! Smile

And here is Celebitchy's opinion on their night out:

Also, apparently the coat Amal is wearing isn't even in stores yet. So Giambattista Valli sends over clothes to her. What do you think, does she have to pay for them?

Amal Clooney’s Giambattista Valli date-night style: fabulous or try-hard?

Well, well. George Clooney and Amal stepped out in NYC on Saturday night for a bite to eat. They went to Kappo Masa (Japanese). I wonder… do you think Amal can cook? I have my doubts. She seems like the kind of woman who prefers going out to eat. And much like Amal’s street style the previous day (we discussed it here), Amal wore Giambattista Valli for this outing. You like? It really does seem like yellows are “in” for Spring. This is from Valli’s Pre-Fall 2015 collection, which isn’t even in stores yet. Is Giambattista Valli sending Amal free stuff? It wouldn’t be the worst idea. She really does seem to love that label – she’s worn a lot of Valli in the past six months. Also: her earrings are Dolce & Gabbana.
As for their body language… yeah, I could do this ALL DAY. Amal is all “Face! Beauty! Teeth! Hair! Glamour!” And George is all “My back hurts, I wish we had stayed home and just had some soup.” That’s what you get, George. Stacy Keibler never made these kinds of demands! You just had to marry “your equal,” George. And of course your equal is 16 years younger and she loves the cameras.
Speaking of, Amal has taken on more casework. Sort of. While she’s in NYC with George and in between lecturing at Columbia Law School, Amal is sort of working for the legal team of Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, the disgraced former president of the Philippines. Arroyo stole elections and looted millions of dollars from a state-run lottery scheme. Arroyo is also sick and not getting the best medical care while she sits in jail. So Amal has joined the legal team petitioning the UN Human Rights Council, asking them to intervene and end Arroyo’s substandard “hospital detention” so Arroyo can get better care.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 19:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)

/

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 10 Mar 2015, 01:17

So, to the point... no matter where George is, he goes for the sushi.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 10 Mar 2015, 01:24

Oh the joke I'm thinking of now...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 10 Mar 2015, 02:03

Go ahead, say it.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 10 Mar 2015, 03:49

Pretty much George is definitely a creature of habit if he likes something he likes it no matter where he is. With George he seems to love sushi and Italian.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Tue 10 Mar 2015, 15:40

annemarie wrote:Pretty much George is definitely a creature of habit if he likes something he likes it no matter where he is. With George he seems to love sushi and Italian.

There was an article (I think it was in People), where Cindy was quoted as saying that when she first met Rande all he ate was iceberg lettuce. The article stated that Cindy introduced both Rande and George to sushi when they first met. But she wasn't directly quoted, so i'm guessing what it actually meant was that she introduced them to sushi the first time the 3 of them met up as a group...cuz she did say on a radio interview few months ago that Rande and herself knew George before they ever met each other.

mel01

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 10 Mar 2015, 18:09

Those latest pictures certainly show up the very
good quality of George's overcoat.   Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebe Tue 10 Mar 2015, 19:17

I agree, Joanna. It looks like a very good quality coat. I wouldn't be surprised if it was cashmere. If only I could get close enough to touch it I would know for sure. bounce It looks nice and warm.

Hebe

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 10 Mar 2015, 23:25

Who knows Hebe. you just may be able to do
that on 12 November !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 12 Mar 2015, 03:15

Leaving the restaurant:

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 12 Mar 2015, 13:17

party animal - not! wrote:Leaving the restaurant:

George appears to be very protective of his wife here the way 
he pulls her more close to him and at the same time is caring
about the photogs who are walking backwards.

How can we not like the guy who does that ?  Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Amal out for dinner on the Upper East Side at Kappo Masa - Page 2 Empty George and Amal Clooney Take Manhattan

Post by party animal - not! Mon 16 Mar 2015, 12:43

Tucked away at a prime table at Kappo Masa, one of NYC's most expensive sushi restaurants, George and Amal Clooney caught up with Ellen Barkin and talent agent Bryan Lourd. "Ellen cracked everyone up at dinner," an onlooker says of the March 7 meal. But the human rights lawyer, 37, was the star: "They were all fascinated to learn what Amal is working on."

Filling her plate: guest­lecturing at Columbia Law School for the spring semester. The 53-year-old actor, meanwhile, is shooting his Money Monster drama in Queens. "The timing worked out great," says a friend of the pair, who set up home at the Carlyle hotel. "They're still in a newlywed phase, and they want to be together as much as possible."

Empire State of Mind

The duo have provided a Where's Waldo game for New York's elite as they stop by one high-end place after another. On February 27, they had dinner at Michelin-starred Café Boulud. And yes, that was them sipping cocktails with Paul McCartney at Bemelmans Bar. "They're excited about New York and have a lot of friends here," says the pal.

Amal, who George has described as "the smart one" in their marriage, will continue her humanitarian work from their hotel suite. She might even let her husband of six months chime in on a brief, says a source. "They're a partnership. Her brain is one of the things that he loves about her."

Last edited by Katiedot on Mon 16 Mar 2015, 16:04; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 16 Mar 2015, 16:13

So, Bryan Lourd and Ellen Barkin were there that evening too.

Tucked away at a prime table at Kappo Masa, one of NYC's most expensive sushi restaurants, George and Amal Clooney caught up with Ellen Barkin and talent agent Bryan Lourd. "Ellen cracked everyone up at dinner," an onlooker says of the March 7 meal. But the human rights lawyer, 37, was the star: "They were all fascinated to learn what Amal is working on."
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 16 Mar 2015, 17:51

Merged thread (same Event on the 7th March)
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 16 Mar 2015, 23:48

Katiedot wrote:So, Bryan Lourd and Ellen Barkin were there that evening too.  

She probably stood up and shouted "I'm the only one here who's f*cked George Clooney".
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 17 Mar 2015, 00:08

Not if Amal was there! Ellen could claim she f*cked him first!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 17 Mar 2015, 11:46

New Yorkers Are Buzzing As The Clooneys Move Into The Big Apple
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — New Yorkers now have a chance to see George Clooney and his wife, Amal, up close and in person.

The Clooneys are one of Hollywood’s most talked about couples and as CBS2’s Jill Nicolini reported, they have moved into the city.

They have reportedly been staying at the lavish Carlyle Hotel on the Upper East Side.

George and his wife Amal were spotted dining across the street at Kappo Masso last weekend.

No one there was willing to discuss the Clooneys’ visit, but the general manager at Taverna Kyclades in Astoria was ready to talk.

“It was unexpected for Bill Murray to come in with Sofia Coppola, and second day with George Clooney, so that was unexpected,” Konstantinos Kollias said.

Kollias said they loved the Greek food and chowed down on some chicken kebab and grape leaves.

“They were really simple with water and some beverages,” he said, “Absolutely down to earth. We were amazed by their behavior. They were one of us.”

George is busy filming ‘Money Monster’ with Julia Roberts and has been spotted at Kaufman Astoria Studios in Queens.

Amal has been seen at Columbia where she is reportedly going to be a visiting professor. Students were all abuzz about sightings.

“People are blowing up on Twitter. One of my friends posted, ‘Just passed Amal on campus, what?’ People are making light-hearted jokes, about, ‘Oh yeah, she stopped me, kissed me on the cheeks, told me all about her top-secret litigation,” Daniel Liss said.

The couple has also been spotted dining at Cafe Boulud on the Upper West Side and getting drinks at Bemelmans Bar in the Carlyle.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2