George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney On Deck In Westhampton Beach Resort Deal EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney On Deck In Westhampton Beach Resort Deal EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney On Deck In Westhampton Beach Resort Deal EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney On Deck In Westhampton Beach Resort Deal EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney On Deck In Westhampton Beach Resort Deal EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney On Deck In Westhampton Beach Resort Deal EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney On Deck In Westhampton Beach Resort Deal EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney On Deck In Westhampton Beach Resort Deal EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney On Deck In Westhampton Beach Resort Deal EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney On Deck In Westhampton Beach Resort Deal

+5
amaretti
Donnamarie
Way2Old4Dis
LizzyNY
Nicky80
9 posters

Go down

George Clooney On Deck In Westhampton Beach Resort Deal Empty George Clooney On Deck In Westhampton Beach Resort Deal

Post by Donnamarie Sat 07 Mar 2015, 04:48

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Clooney on ‘Deck’ in Westhampton Beach resort deal

The Dune Deck Beach Resort in Westhampton Beach, once a hot spot for Hamptonites, has been sold to a developer backed by billionaire Ron Burkle, George Clooney and his pal Rande Gerber.
The sellers are Medallion Financial Corp.’s Alvin and Andrew Murstein, who bought the property in 2010 for $700,000. The new sale price is close to $19 million.
Burkle, Clooney and Gerber are said to be developing a luxury home and golf community on a 500-acre tract of land near the site, and the Dune Deck would become part of the development, with homeowners having beach, pool and tennis facilities.
The property is eight acres directly on the ocean and has glorious ocean-to-bay views.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sat 07 Mar 2015, 10:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

George Clooney On Deck In Westhampton Beach Resort Deal Empty Re: George Clooney On Deck In Westhampton Beach Resort Deal

Post by Nicky80 Sat 07 Mar 2015, 10:11

So one part will be luxury homes for others to live in and will there be a part what will be private property for George and Rande?
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney On Deck In Westhampton Beach Resort Deal Empty Re: George Clooney On Deck In Westhampton Beach Resort Deal

Post by Donnamarie Sat 07 Mar 2015, 14:53

Sounds more like it will be an real estate investment for George and Rande.  There will be highend homes and a golf club and other recreational activities in probably what will be a gated community.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 07 Mar 2015, 15:01

Nice investment until the next storm hits. I hope they have a lot of insurance - IF they can get it! Waterfront property n the Hamptons is risky.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 07 Mar 2015, 22:28

Don't they have FEMA undertakings with a  new development now, Lizzy? Surely they must have checked out all these things before committing to such a project.

Very exciting - never a dull moment with this lot!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 08 Mar 2015, 02:00

PAN - At this point I'm not sure what FEMA does. I know people who are still waiting for FEMA funds from Sandy. My friend's son just got through with the umpteenth round of paperwork they've had to fill out - and they're not even waterfront property!

I'm sure George and Rande have looked into all these issues or they wouldn't be getting involved. I'm just curious what's been done to the property to take the price from $750,000 to $19 million in just 5 years. That's quite a price jump, even for the Hamptons.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 08 Mar 2015, 14:27

I was wondering the same thing about the price. Maybe the seller got it when it was distressed or nearing foreclosure or something. The $19M is more in line than $750K for that market, isn't it?

George is certainly not going to be one of those elderly celebrities who need the benefit of charity events.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 08 Mar 2015, 19:02

I can't find the article now, but Mike Meldman (partner in Casamigos) is also buying property nearby to develop.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 09 Mar 2015, 20:57

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 09 Mar 2015, 21:04

The Mike Meldman connection

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 09 Mar 2015, 21:17

Maybe when the Murstein brothers (?) bought the property for $700,000 (maybe undeveloped) they then developed the Dune Deck Resort.  It sounds like the resort didn't fair too well over the years. Maybe it was losing money so these guys put it on the market and  sold it to Discovery Land Group for the $19 million.  That would explain the significant increase in the selling price.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Mon 09 Mar 2015, 21:19

It sounds fabulous .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 21 Mar 2015, 18:43

Confirmation:

George Clooney's Business Partner Backs Hamptons Luxury Home And Golf Community Project

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dune Deck, which was originally built in the 1940's, is expected to function as a beach resort, following a renovation. (Photo: Clint Spaulding/PatrickMcMullan.com and Facebook)
A previous East End hot spot, the Dune Deck Beach Resort in Westhampton Beach, has been purchased by Discovery Land CEO and Founder Michael Meldman from Medallion Financial Corp.'s Alvin and Andrew Murstein for $19 million, according to the [url=javascript:void 0]New York Post[/url]. Medallion Financial Corp. bought the property in 2010 for $700,000.

Along with picking up the Hamptons property, Meldman, who partnered with [url=javascript:void 0]George Clooney[/url] and Rande Gerber for Casamigos Tequila, is proposing to build The Hills at Southampton, a luxury home and golf community on a 500 acre parcel of land located in East Quogue. Dune Deck would become a part of the development, allowing homeowners access to their beach, pool, and tennis facilities.

Dune Deck, which was originally built in the 1940's, is expected to function as a beach resort, following a renovation. The Westhampton Beach Resort currently sits on eight acres of seaside property.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sat 21 Mar 2015, 20:24; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 21 Mar 2015, 20:13

So, this is a different story from the original story above.  Mike wasn't mentioned as a buyer in this property, and George and Rande aren't mentioned as buying partners for this.

George Clooney's Business Partner Backs Hamptons Luxury Home And Golf Community Project

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dune Deck, which was originally built in the 1940's, is expected to function as a beach resort, following a renovation. (Photo: Clint Spaulding/PatrickMcMullan.com and Facebook)
A previous East End hot spot, the Dune Deck Beach Resort in Westhampton Beach, has been purchased by Discovery Land CEO and Founder Michael Meldman from Medallion Financial Corp.'s Alvin and Andrew Murstein for $19 million, according to the [url=javascript 0]New York Post[/url]. Medallion Financial Corp. bought the property in 2010 for $700,000.

Along with picking up the Hamptons property, Meldman, who partnered with [url=javascript 0]George Clooney[/url] and Rande Gerber for Casamigos Tequila, is proposing to build The Hills at Southampton, a luxury home and golf community on a 500 acre parcel of land located in East Quogue. Dune Deck would become a part of the development, allowing homeowners access to their beach, pool, and tennis facilities.

Dune Deck, which was originally built in the 1940's, is expected to function as a beach resort, following a renovation. The Westhampton Beach Resort currently sits on eight acres of seaside property.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 21 Mar 2015, 20:33

Perhaps George is keeping his money
for his own UK property.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 31 Jul 2016, 20:22

There's an interesting piece by Richard Johnson on this in the NY Post today. Apparently Alec Baldwin is opposed to the development and has taped a psa opposing it.

Johnson claims that "Clooney told me, "I've never heard of it." He then mentions George and Rande being partners with Meldman in Casamigos and having owned homes in his El Dorado Beach Club in Cabo and all of them vacationing together.

I'm not sure what point, if any, he was trying to make. Maybe just that he thought George's response was odd. I know I did.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 01 Aug 2016, 01:45

The Westhampton development and the Southampton development are two separate deals but there does seem to be a connection between the two. It seems that residents of the Southampton community would have access to the Dune Deck beach resort.

I find it odd that Johnson didn't ask any follow-up questions to George's denial of not knowing anything about the Southampton project. And has it ever been confirmed by quote from anyone from Discovery Land or George's rep that he is an investor in the Westhampton project? In the articles I've read about the Discovery Land purchase of these properties Meldman is identified as the CEO and a partner with George and Rande in the Casamigos business. Are there assumptions being made that George and Rande are therefore partnering with Meldman on this project? I'm just asking the question. I'm not sure what is the real story.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 01 Aug 2016, 02:47

Donnamarie - I don't have a clue. Earlier stories made it seem like George and Rande were at least investors in the project. Maybe there's been a name change for the development (Johnson called it "The Hills") that George isn't aware of. Or maybe the whole thing is being handled by his business people and he really doesn't know anything about it.

I don't know what George's involvement is, but it doesn't seem like this project is going to happen anytime soon.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 01 Aug 2016, 03:48

It seems to me more of an assumption that George is an investor.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down