George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015 - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015 - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015 - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015 - Page 3 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015 - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015 - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015 - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015 - Page 3 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015 - Page 3 EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015

+33
Joanna
LornaDoone
melbert
Katiedot
Cece42
Doug Ross
it's me
PigPen
annemarie
fava
Alisonfan
Mazy
Hebe
party animal - not!
Donnamarie
fridadereval
amaretti
pandabear
Carla97
MeganMorris
monaco
theminis
Nicky80
justpassinthrough
janieb
ldg
isogotit
Jenn
Sevens
JMK
LizzyNY
bgarabedian
/
37 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015

Post by LizzyNY Tue 13 Jan 2015, 01:42

PAN - Have to say I take offense at the snarky tone of that article. What Amal does is important, but so is the work of the entertainment industry. What kind of a world would this be without movies, tv, books and music? You don't have to belittle one to show the importance of the other.

Are awards shows self-congratulatory and silly? Sure. But they are a small part of the entertainment world and an occasion for hard-working people to be recognized by their peers. I'm sure the legal world has it's own version. (Hottest barrister in London comes to mind.)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015

Post by justpassinthrough Tue 13 Jan 2015, 02:09

LizzyNY wrote:PAN - Have to say I take offense at the snarky tone of that article. What Amal does is important, but so is the work of the entertainment industry. What kind of a world would this be without movies, tv, books and music? You don't have to belittle one to show the importance of the other.

Are awards shows self-congratulatory and silly? Sure. But they are a small part of the entertainment world and an occasion for hard-working people to be recognized by their peers. I'm sure the legal world has it's own version. (Hottest barrister in London comes to mind.)
Lizzy, you are correct. (Love hottest barrister comment!) Besides, the number of awards shows has swelled to enormous numbers due to the demand by the viewers. (For example, the Academy Awards is seen by over 1 billion people worldwide.) 

Every job (accountant, postal carrier, bank teller, teacher, cashier, doctor, police officer, etc., etc.) has their importance and together we make up a society that works together like a jigsaw puzzle.  

Plus, not only does the entertainment industry entertain us, but they also enlighten us and bring important stories and information to the public. As you said, the entertainment industry is comprised of numerous different facets that are all under that loosely-titled umbrella.

justpassinthrough
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 13 Jan 2015, 02:29

Yes, I'm not sure I agree with the journalist's views. Or whether Amal would agree to be honest. But it's just one view out there are the moment,

Jennifer Aniston's take on Amal at the Globes in this article

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And Jennifer Aniston had some praise for the human rights lawyer - who married George, 53, in September - saying that Amal handled her first Hollywood event very well. 

When asked what she thought about Amal, the Cake actress joked: 'Hey, I think if you can save countries, you can walk red carpets.

'I think that's probably a skip in the park for her.'

The 45-year-old star - who attended the ceremony alongside her fiancé, Justin Theroux

Last edited by Nicky80 on Tue 13 Jan 2015, 20:35; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added text part of the text)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 13 Jan 2015, 03:05

party animal - not! wrote:Great article here

I think it's snobbish.

This world sucks 80% of the time. It sucks less because of people who try to right the wrongs. But it would be a pure living hell without art.

And every profession awards its best achievers. It's just that Hollywood, by its nature, does it for its entertainment value as well.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 13 Jan 2015, 04:13

party animal - not! wrote:Yep.

I remember Charlie Rose at the time of the engagement saying that George was a more serious person than some realised, and I think his comment on the stage about not maturing was interesting.

His tolerance of some of the increasingly shallow stuff on red carpets becos that's what you have to do has always amazed me, and he often finds a way to bring in a more serious vein (usually humanitarian). So last night with Amal doing the same was brilliant. 

It was lovely to hear him saying what he did last night. 

And I'd still love to who introduced them!! Bet whoever it was was at the wedding........

Yes PAN. You have it. I agree 100%. I think he is a very serious minded man who knows how to have a good time, enjoys life, doesn't take himself too seriously but who wants to lead a purposeful and meaningful life. I think he did mature late in some respects. That's why I'm not surprised by his marriage to Amal. And what he said last night about finding love after all these years was so revealing.

Maybe one day he will say who it was who introduced the two of them. I'd love to know how that that all went down.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Tue 13 Jan 2015, 05:01

justpassinthrough wrote:
Cece42 wrote:I don't think she looked all that great could have done without the gloves.  Of course as I have been saying since day one, she had that coy little smile.  She also kept looking at the monitors instead of the interviewer. And as far as George, it bothers me when you have to profess your love for someone in front of millions, it just seems so phony, he seems to treat her more like a daughter instead of a wife, ok there I said it.
Kinda like Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart...
I am surprised that they have been married as long as they have, but it seems that she has put her career on hold for her husband, I don't think AmaL would do that, not that she should. I think George will be the one to make sacrifices for her.  I don't care how educated she is, she seems to be a bit spoiled and somewhat immature for some reason.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Tue 13 Jan 2015, 06:29

I agree, she seems to always be the center of attention in georges life and how he waited 53 years to find the love of his life. He truly is a very caring, loving man and one who is very proud of amal He seems to me he has changed in many ways, still has his sense of humor but now he has a love of his life and he seems to me the giver and her the taker. we shall see. love you george. bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 13 Jan 2015, 09:15

Amal leaves the table for a while...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Jan 2015, 10:30

party animal - not! wrote:Great article here

Apart from being skin-crawlingly sycophantic, it's filled with ridiculously overblown assertions, some of which defy logic and most of which are patently untrue.

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 13 Jan 2015, 12:16

Cindy's missing too.  Potty break?  Or did they eat too much?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Tue 13 Jan 2015, 12:22

'Fashion Police' returns with a Golden Globes special and new co-host Kathy Griffin

Early on in the revamped "Fashion Police," which returned Monday with a Golden Globes special, Kathy Griffin gave a nod to the late Joan Rivers.
"I just want to thank my good friend, who we all miss, Joan Rivers," Griffin said, looking upward. "Of course. So Joan, I know you're watching from heaven. But don't get it twisted. I will not be afraid to bring the hammer down on anyone and on everyone. I learned from the best."

It was the only mention of the pioneering Rivers, the alpha of the weekly fashion roundup that served as a platform for her snark and willingness to take on celebrities and celebrity. Initially, that seemed like a misstep, a wrong calculation by the show and its producers, daughter Melissa Rivers among them.
But as "Fashion Police" continued, the four co-hosts -- returning Kelly Osbourne and Giuliana Rancic, plus stylist Brad Goreski ("The Rachel Zoe Project" and "It's a Brad, Brad World") and Griffin -- were clearly on a different show from the one Rivers helmed. Sure, the set had a coat of fresh teal paint, the chairs were rearranged (Osbourne on stage left rather than right), but more than the decor, the dynamic had been reassembled. That was the right way to go. You can't replace Rivers, and they didn't try.
This new "FP" is more of an ensemble. The co-hosts didn't defer to Griffin's opinions as they generally did Rivers', so the focus shifted away from a comedian's show about fashion toward a series about style told with comedy.

Griffin had the funniest lines -- she called the ill-fitting white gloves worn by Amal Clooney "bovine insemination gloves," and noted that Kerry Washington's two-tone look was akin to "one of those dresses that would have lost someone on 'Project Runway'" -- and proved herself the cast's MVP. She certainly drew upon some of the insider celebrity bashing she's known for -- Lorde is apparently "so humorless ... so ridiculous" -- but Griffin moved beyond, repeatedly touching upon one of the most annoying aspects of the modern red carpet: Its perfection.

"Yawn, perfect again," she noted of Lupita Nyongo's floral purple ombre gown. "She's like the Meryl Streep of fashion." Griffin even reminisced about the wild style of onetime red-carpet staple Cher and, really, who doesn't miss the good-old, unpredictable days before everyone had a stylist?
Griffin's embrace of the wonderfully horrible -- she called Lana Del Rey's aquamarine choice the "bridesmaid's dress that you're forced to wear" while saying she loved it -- was a necessary balance to the ever-stiff Rancic, whose commentary, as usual, rarely ventured beyond thoughts like, "it is perfection." Goreski and Osbourne fell in the middle, he able to give decent context to celebrities and their chosen designers, she a fashion nerd right along with him as both were in agreement on their picks for the Globes' best (Emma Stone) and worst (Del Rey) dressed.
Though Griffin did make a reference to selecting the biggest "fash-hole" (a Rivers term) of the Globes, viewers determined the best and worst looks from choices posted online. In the past, Rivers' pick ruled.
Still -- and maybe it was all those Joan Rangers clicking away, maybe it was the invisible hand of Rivers somehow smacking about in the ether -- Griffin's choice for best dressed got the popular vote. Jennifer Lopez (showing two kinds of cleavage ... both on the front), won over much more reasonable (and therefore less amusing) options.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Tue 13 Jan 2015, 20:21; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 13 Jan 2015, 14:34

melbert wrote:Cindy's missing too.  Potty break?  Or did they eat too much?
Probably on line for the ladies' room. They said the lines were so long that women were using the men's room instead.  Why is that always the way it is? I guess there are some ways celebrities are just like the rest of us! Very Happy

Silje - Did you see the show? Did anyone? I had no idea it was on. I would have watched because their post-awards shows are always fun and I've been wondering what the show will be like now, without Joan Rivers. I wonder why they didn't publicize it.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 13 Jan 2015, 15:58

Sevens wrote:still think that her first ever red carpet was at the
 MM London premiere.
And brought her mother!  Anyone know why she did that??

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 13 Jan 2015, 16:25

because if she walks onto the red carpet alone...the paps would have 
known their secret romance.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 13 Jan 2015, 16:34

LizzyNY wrote:
melbert wrote:Cindy's missing too.  Potty break?  Or did they eat too much?
Probably on line for the ladies' room. They said the lines were so long that women were using the men's room instead.  Why is that always the way it is? I guess there are some ways celebrities are just like the rest of us! Very Happy

Silje - Did you see the show? Did anyone? I had no idea it was on. I would have watched because their post-awards shows are always fun and I've been wondering what the show will be like now, without Joan Rivers. I wonder why they didn't publicize it.
E! has been advertising it for weeks, as it was the first Fashion Police show with Kathy Griffin.  Hilarious.  Should probably be in reruns for this week.   The white gloves were not well received by anyone.   When Gulianna said she didn't like them, Kelly Osborne reminded her that she told Amal, during their interview that she did like them.  Hilarious watching her shocked reaction , "I did???"   By her own admission, she had done shots of Tequila promoting Casamigos.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Tue 13 Jan 2015, 16:59

I liked the gloves . She is British . Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 13 Jan 2015, 17:06

To be honest, didn't like Guiliana's outfit. Is she okay? She looks so fragile

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 13 Jan 2015, 17:33

Giuliani has always been skinny. Especially her upper body. Just goes to show what BS comes out of the mouths of some of the press. I remember her gushing over Amal and the gloves on the carpet. Now she doesn't like them.

I would think Amal is having a giggle over all the fuss over these gloves. She had them around and decided last minute to add them to her outfit. Considering how confident she is about her own style of dressing she probably didn't give it that much thought. Some obviously think she should have. I liked them. They were a bit oversized but she carried the look well.

Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 13 Jan 2015, 17:53

Well, Amal's started a debate hasn't she? Still think the je suis charlie badge made her decision for her

Last edited by Nicky80 on Tue 13 Jan 2015, 20:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 13 Jan 2015, 17:55

Oops, this one: http://iconosquare.com/p/896962420290219444_104899474

Loads of white glove pix of Marilyn Monroe, Jackie Kennedy and more on the web

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 13 Jan 2015, 18:09

party animal - not! wrote:Oops, this one: http://iconosquare.com/p/896962420290219444_104899474

Loads of white glove pix of Marilyn Monroe, Jackie Kennedy and more on the web

The Amal style blog has many famous women pictured with white gloves, including Hepburn. Yes, she has started a lot of chatter.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by pandabear Tue 13 Jan 2015, 18:12

Her gloves were too big. I think they cheapened the purse.

pandabear
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 13 Jan 2015, 18:32

She did say she wanted to go with the black and white theme. Maybe she decided this at the last minute and the gloves were the only white thing she had. I don't think there would have been as much fuss if they had fit better.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 13 Jan 2015, 18:43

Oh, good grief. She made a fashion choice. I think she pulled it off. Not something I'd ever do, but big fucking deal. And personally, I think form-fitting long gloves would have made her look like she was about to perform a rectal exam on an elephant.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Tue 13 Jan 2015, 19:05

Lizzy wrote:

No I didn't see Fashion Police Lizzy. Not available to me.

But I saw some of Golden Globes, I stayed up late and watched.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 13 Jan 2015, 19:16

I liked the look and too me she looked elegant,  Amal knows what she likes and wears it which is nice to see.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 13 Jan 2015, 19:35

Amal leaves the table for a while...

So, she left the table whenever there was a Black man on the stage...? Except the one who was presenting her husband with an award?

Relax. I'm kidding.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 13 Jan 2015, 21:26

party animal - not! wrote:To be honest, didn't like Guiliana's outfit. Is she okay? She looks so fragile
She's had bilateral mastectomies--breast cancer a couple of yrs ago.  Has been really thin since then.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 13 Jan 2015, 22:03

Amal's gloves probably fit tighter pre-George.

My farewell post to this thread. I can't imagine that there's any more that can be added to any debate about Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 13 Jan 2015, 22:08

Aw come on Way 2... I was hoping for a lively debate as to whether she squeezed the Charmin when in the ladies' room.  ( wink wink, LOL)

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 13 Jan 2015, 22:35

PigPen wrote:Aw come on Way 2... I was hoping for a lively debate as to whether she squeezed the Charmin when in the ladies' room.  ( wink wink, LOL)

Whatever does that mean PP ?? Or is it better that I don't know.....
having had such a sheltered life. affraid
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 14 Jan 2015, 01:16

Joanna wrote:
PigPen wrote:Aw come on Way 2... I was hoping for a lively debate as to whether she squeezed the Charmin when in the ladies' room.  ( wink wink, LOL)

Whatever does that mean PP ?? Or is it better that I don't know.....
having had such a sheltered life.   affraid

You're only sheltered if you've never used Charmin toilet paper before. Oh please say you have (don't know what you're missing) Surprised Charmin is a brand of toilet paper that had a slogan of "please don't squeeze the Charmin" because it was sooooo soft.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 14 Jan 2015, 03:49

melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 15 Jan 2015, 15:29

With thanks

Last edited by Nicky80 on Thu 15 Jan 2015, 19:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pic)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Wed 21 Jan 2015, 23:44

Not sure if this is the right place for this. It is a really nice article.

Rex smith: white gloves tell only part of the story
Posted on January 17, 2015 | By Rex Smith
You cannot be any more surprised than I am to find here a column about Mrs. Clooney’s gloves. If you had told me a week ago that I would be commenting upon a style accessory worn by someone on the red carpet at the Golden Globe awards, I would have suggested that you surely were mistaking me for that other Rex Smith.

I do not care about who walks on red carpets, nor what those people wear. Mostly, I don’t recognize them. While I did watch a bit of the Golden Globe awards on TV, something more important soon came up – maybe I had to do some laundry – and, in any case, I failed to notice that anybody was wearing gloves.

But you cannot have been following the news closely in recent days and be unaware of the supposed style gaffe committed by the former Amal Alamuddin, who four months ago became the wife of the actor George Clooney.
When the actor and his wife appeared at the Golden Globes, she was wearing a snug, floor-length black Dior dress with a one-shoulder cape and Harry Winston diamond drop earrings. The latter, we are told, weighed in at 29 carats.

And she had gloves: white, elbow length, and just a bit bulky. She had made them herself that morning, Clooney proudly noted.
Uproar ensued.
First to the ramparts was the comedian Kathy Griffin, hosting “Fashion Police” on the E! Network, who had vowed to “bring the hammer down” on those wearing inappropriate clothing.

The gloves, Griffin wrote, “remind me of, like, a porn scene, where the guy goes home and there’s the naughty dishwasher and she only has the gloves.”
Okay, Kathy. Thank you for sharing. Hammer brought down.
Next came the fashion critic of the Daily Mail, seemingly similarly distressed. Twitter users called the gloves “unsuitable” and even “uppity.” From Down Under, the Sydney Morning Herald declared that Hollywood was “gripped” by the Clooney gloves.

For all this tumult, I might have missed the import of this event if I hadn’t been scanning my iPad one evening later in the week, looking for news on the devastation wrought by Boko Haram, the Islamist terror group operating in northern Nigeria.

It was Boko Haram that kidnapped 276 schoolgirls last spring. The girls have not been found. Boko Haram was responsible for the devastating explosion in a crowded Nigerian market last Saturday, the bomb carried by a little girl, perhaps no more than 10 years old. “The girl was torn into two halves, and half of her body was thrown across buildings by the devastating blast,” a shopper at the market told The New York Times. Eyewitnesses speculate that the bomb was detonated by someone watching the scene.
Now the group is storming through a 20,000-square-mile area, laying waste to any in its path with shooting, looting and arson. Thousands of homes have been leveled, the earth scorched.

But – sorry for the interruption – we were discussing Mrs. Clooney’s gloves. I got distracted because the big glove story appeared on my iPad that evening just below the story about this latest Boko Haram atrocity.

Far be it from me, a newspaper editor, to pose self-righteously as the protector of news consumers from matters trivial and fun. We publish light news. A good news diet contains variety, and we wouldn’t want it to skip levity any more than we would want our food diet to consist only of broccoli and Brussels sprouts. We deserve some ice cream and cake, too.

Still, it is worth mentioning that Amal Clooney not only makes fashion headlines, but is first an international human rights lawyer, educated at Oxford and New York University. She is involved in an initiative to protect children in conflict zones from sexual violence. She has probed the use of drones in counter-terrorism operations.
All of which suggests to me that she is unlikely to be cowed by the fashion police or the Twitterati.
For a second opinion on Mrs. Clooney’s gloves, I contacted one of America’s greatest glove experts, Daniel Storto, the master glovemaker in the little city to our west that used to be the glove manufacturing center of America, Gloversville.
“I thought she looked fantastic,” Storto said. “I think it said a lot about her character. She’s powerful and independent.”

That, of course, is what we hope girls grow up to be. In this country, that course is possible. It is not so where little girls are blown up in marketplaces or kidnapped, never to be seen again.

All in all, I’d say the woman in the long white gloves is a role model, one deserving of her own “Je suis Amal” moment. Maybe American women will begin to pull on white gloves to express solidarity. Maybe they’ll even, you know, join her work for human rights. Bring the hammer down, indeed, on behalf of that.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 22 Jan 2015, 00:39

Thanks Mazy. I've always thought Amal was a pretty confident woman. It definitely shows in her fashion style. I remember reading an article about Baria, her mom. She talked about how she had raised her daughters and what values she tried to instill in them as women. I do think some of that confidence comes from how Amal was brought up. I hope that Amal will continue to be her own woman and not be inhibited or affected by the critics. Hopefully she doesn't even read that stuff.

Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015 - Page 3 Empty temp thread

Post by party animal - not! Thu 22 Jan 2015, 00:43

Yep, Mazy. Great article.

As she herself said to Louise Roe she wanted black and white to compliment her husband as it was his big night, and also to highlight their 'je suis Charlie' badges. Roe's comment was that she'd nailed it..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 22 Jan 2015, 07:00

Hi Mazy (welcome back, by the way!), donnamarie and PAN: I've just moved your posts to this thread in case you were looking for them.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 23 Jan 2015, 00:37

I don't have an opinion on the gloves themselves either way, but I can't tell you how much I love that George is now with a woman who just happened to have a pair of elbow length white gloves hanging around to throw on at the last minute.  It's a whole new world.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebe Fri 23 Jan 2015, 01:08

Amal's gloves can be followed on twitter @AmalsWhiteGloves

Hebe
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 23 Jan 2015, 01:21

Katiedot wrote:Hi Mazy (welcome back, by the way!), donnamarie and PAN:  I've just moved your posts to this thread in case you were looking for them.

Hi Katiedot,
Haven't really been away but I don't post much anymore. I did send some links to Nicky if she felt like posting them, I take it easy with the eye work. Thanks for the welcome.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Fri 23 Jan 2015, 17:42

above picture and destruction, so much BAD TASTE.

No you are wrong white glove not part of Hebdo.  How artificial to even think  that.
We are talking liviing breathing ppl lives gone forever and you think accessorise with white glove make statement. PLEASE! not even Amal that banal. Please do not put in same path, too ridiculous even for biggest fan.  Have some respect!

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Fri 23 Jan 2015, 17:43

Missa wrote:I don't have an opinion on the gloves themselves either way, but I can't tell you how much I love that George is now with a woman who just happened to have a pair of elbow length white gloves hanging around to throw on at the last minute.  It's a whole new world.

More bad taste, unless you ironic.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 23 Jan 2015, 18:44

I find it hard to believe she had a pair of white gloves hanging around at George's house in California. In a house or apartment you've lived for years, maybe.  She has known George for less than 2 years.  If the gloves migrated to his house from London or she bought them in LA, it was done with the intention of wearing them at some point.  Cannot really see a thought process where you would include white gloves when you pack to go somewhere just in case.  I don't like or dislike them--but I give her kudos that she has the moxie to wear something different, even if they did not fit.

And where does the ridiculous notion that she made them herself I have seen referenced come from?

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 23 Jan 2015, 18:52

George said jokingly she made them herself she is very handy and the press ran with it.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jan 2015, 18:56

Missa wrote:I don't have an opinion on the gloves themselves either way, but I can't tell you how much I love that George is now with a woman who just happened to have a pair of elbow length white gloves hanging around to throw on at the last minute.  It's a whole new world.
I don't really get that 'whole new world' thing. I have gloves from the 20s onwards because I love gloves and I love glamour and I love style and I love vintage. I have a pair of white. elbow-length calf-skin gloves in my collection. I also have a pair of cherry red ones, and midnight blue ones. I also have beautiful shoes from every decade.

Why would you see this as so special?

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 23 Jan 2015, 21:05

annemarie, unfortunately some in the media are just too dim to realize George was making a joke.

It's incredible to me there has been all this chatter over Amal's gloves. When I saw her on the carpet wearing them I just said to myself that's interesting. I thought it gave her a retro look back to the Hepburn/Kelly era. That's it. You'd think the press who follow award shows from year to year had never seen women on the red carpet wear anything out of the ordinary. They should be used to seeing all kinds of styles and personal touches women add to their outfits for the night. That a pair of white elbow length gloves could stir up so much criticism and opinions is amazing to me. Is it because Amal Clooney was wearing them? If Emily Blunt had beening wearing gloves would there have been as much reaction?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 23 Jan 2015, 21:11

Oh yes DonnaMarie.....I think it was because Amal
was wearing them.
I thought her look was fine at that function.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 23 Jan 2015, 21:12

Bellalique wrote:
I don't really get that 'whole new world' thing. I have gloves from the 20s onwards because I love gloves and I love glamour and I love style and I love vintage. I have a pair of white. elbow-length calf-skin gloves in my collection. I also have a pair of cherry red ones, and midnight blue ones. I also have beautiful shoes from every decade.

Why would you see this as so special?
Thought I was the only one that had a collection of dress gloves. Welcome kindred spirit!  My collection include olive and deep purple.    ( we now resume returning to "on topic)

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jan 2015, 21:15

PigPen wrote:Thought I was the only one that had a collection of dress gloves. Welcome kindred spirit!  My collection include olive and deep purple.    ( we now resume returning to "on topic)
^ Gorgeous!

*holds gloved hands with pigpen* Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next