George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015 EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015

+33
Joanna
LornaDoone
melbert
Katiedot
Cece42
Doug Ross
it's me
PigPen
annemarie
fava
Alisonfan
Mazy
Hebe
party animal - not!
Donnamarie
fridadereval
amaretti
pandabear
Carla97
MeganMorris
monaco
theminis
Nicky80
justpassinthrough
janieb
ldg
isogotit
Jenn
Sevens
JMK
LizzyNY
bgarabedian
/
37 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015 Empty Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015

Post by party animal - not! Thu 08 Jan 2015, 10:02

No surprises here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Charlotte Tilbury is Doing Amal Clooney's Golden Globes Makeup
The makeup artist, who just launched her own line, will paint the lips and eyes of George Clooney's other half on Sunday.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AP Images
January 7, 2015 Merle Ginsberg
British makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury — famed for doing the runway makeup at dozens of New York, London and Paris fashion shows and being the go-to artist for friends Kate Moss and Penelope Cruz — will be in Los Angeles this weekend. The reason? She's booked to do the makeup of the woman who could wind up getting the most fashion and beauty attention on the Golden Globes red carpet, even though she's not even an actress: Amal Clooney.
Her husband is receiving the major Humanitarian Award from the Hollywood Foreign Press, and this will be her first appearance on any major Hollywood red carpet since the couple's whirlwind European wedding. And if the wedding looks were any indication, we expect to see Mrs. Clooney in some amazing gown (by Giambattista Valli, we hope). But one thing's for sure: Her face and makeup will be simply gorgeous, thanks to Tilbury. Maybe the beauty guru will even use products from her own cosmetics collection, and perhaps there might even be an Amal-inspired lipstick in the line in the future? We can only speculate, as Tilbury names her lipsticks after clients. Meanwhile, Tilbury will also do the makeup of the very gorgeous Sienna Miller, who is having a moment with two prestige pics, American Sniper and Foxcatcher.

Last edited by Katiedot on Thu 08 Jan 2015, 10:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text - please don't post just links)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015 Empty Re: Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015

Post by Katiedot Thu 08 Jan 2015, 10:07

Hi PAN, I've moved your post here in the hopes that those of us who are George Clooney fans can still find a thread to talk about him without it being turned into an Amal Clooney thread instead.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015 Empty Re: Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes 2015

Post by fava Thu 08 Jan 2015, 15:09

Are there no good makeup artists in Hollywood? Surely this woman can't be going to LA just for this?   Somewhat wasteful IMO.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 08 Jan 2015, 15:17

No she isnt, Fava. If you read the article she's there promoting her own new line of cosmetics, and no doubt getting contracts with other luminaries.

She was Amal's make up artist for the wedding......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 08 Jan 2015, 15:47

party animal - not! wrote:No she isnt, Fava. If you read the article she's there promoting her own new line of cosmetics, and no doubt getting contracts with other luminaries.

She was Amal's make up artist for the wedding......

Thanks for actually reading to the end for me!

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by / Thu 08 Jan 2015, 17:40

I think she's doing Sienna Miller's make-up too. I guess Tilbury is going to be Amal's go-to make-up artist and who can blame her? I love her work, especially her signature looks.

/
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 08 Jan 2015, 21:34

Katiedot wrote:Hi PAN, I've moved your post here in the hopes that those of us who are George Clooney fans can still find a thread to talk about him without it being turned into an Amal Clooney thread instead.
Keep dreaming, Katiedot... welcome to Amal Open House.  Eventually all threads refer back to her.  Rolling Eyes

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 08 Jan 2015, 21:37

party animal - not! wrote:No surprises here:

Charlotte Tilbury is Doing Amal Clooney's Golden Globes Makeup
The makeup artist, who just launched her own line, will paint the lips and eyes of George Clooney's other half on Sunday.
AP Images
January 7, 2015 Merle Ginsberg
British makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury — famed for doing the runway makeup at dozens of New York, London and Paris fashion shows and being the go-to artist for friends Kate Moss and Penelope Cruz — will be in Los Angeles this weekend. The reason? She's booked to do the makeup of the woman who could wind up getting the most fashion and beauty attention on the Golden Globes red carpet, even though she's not even an actress: Amal Clooney.
Her husband is receiving the major Humanitarian Award from the Hollywood Foreign Press, and this will be her first appearance on any major Hollywood red carpet since the couple's whirlwind European wedding. And if the wedding looks were any indication, we expect to see Mrs. Clooney in some amazing gown (by Giambattista Valli, we hope). But one thing's for sure: Her face and makeup will be simply gorgeous, thanks to Tilbury. Maybe the beauty guru will even use products from her own cosmetics collection, and perhaps there might even be an Amal-inspired lipstick in the line in the future? We can only speculate, as Tilbury names her lipsticks after clients. Meanwhile, Tilbury will also do the makeup of the very gorgeous Sienna Miller, who is having a moment with two prestige pics, American Sniper and Foxcatcher.
Main reason I won't be watching.   Mark my words, this thing will turn out to be The Amal Close-Up Show.  Opening skit ( close up of Amal getting/not getting the joke), announce cutting to commercial ( close up of Amal gazing at George) etc etc.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Fri 09 Jan 2015, 04:27

I will be watching the golden globes just to see what everyone wears and also george of course getting the Humanitairan Awarad. He deserves it and all eyes still will be on him. Amul is not getting any award. she is there with him because wife comes along with husband. I hope it will not be about Amul for it is george whom I watch. bg

bgarabedian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Fri 09 Jan 2015, 05:14

I think it will be THE AMAL SHOW, everyone will want to see her.  I'm sure even when he is accepting his award the cameras will be on her.  I hope if they do an interview it isn't with Giuliana Ransic, she is so phony and obnoxious.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Fri 09 Jan 2015, 11:34

I hope Amal has her famous since humour, so many jokes;

Friend in my office came up now with some, can't remember all laughing too so hard.

"Amal, you look so good, hay you could get arrested in that dress" hehehe

Last edited by Alisonfan on Fri 09 Jan 2015, 11:43; edited 1 time in total

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Fri 09 Jan 2015, 11:37

Oh ye

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 09 Jan 2015, 15:19

Of course Amal will garner a ton of attention. That's a given, and I'm sure George accepts it and they are prepared for it. As I mentioned before, if you made the cutaway shots to Amal a drinking game during the show, you'd be drunk by the fifth award.

But Hollywood can be a rather insular and parochial place, and I think there will also be some subtle signs that say to Amal, "This is our world. You're not the star here." There are too many egos and too much PR opportunity on the line to let Amal take the spotlight. Plus, they respect George, and they will let it be his night, not his wife's.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 09 Jan 2015, 15:26

fava wrote:Are there no good makeup artists in Hollywood? Surely this woman can't be going to LA just for this?   Somewhat wasteful IMO.

If this is the woman who began Amal's transformation (maybe Florence?, then the wedding, and perhaps London family party), and she did for me what she did for Amal, I would have her on an on-call retainer.

Her own product line and at least two extremely high-profile clients is more than enough reason for her to be in LA. She's doing what it takes. Good for her.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 09 Jan 2015, 15:31

Is this the same woman who accompanied her to Greece?

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 09 Jan 2015, 21:15

Guiliana predicts:

Guiliana may not be aware that her husband has described the dress as very pretty.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 09 Jan 2015, 22:15

Whatever gown she wears she will look beautiful, appropriate and she will be respectful of the fact that it is George's night. Hopefully the press won't make fools of themselves by drooling over her.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 09 Jan 2015, 22:22

I'm sure you're right........but.....

No pressure...............!!

As someone who has never walked a red carpet in her life either, (surprise, surprise!) I cannot possibly imagine what this must be like........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Jan 2015, 22:43

I am so glad the BAFTAs will be an Amal-free zone. Nothing personal, it's not her fault that the GG spotlight will be on her - 1st red carpet, it's inevitable, and I'm sure she'll rock it - but the only people I want to see on the red carpet over the awards season are the actors/creatives who are being recognised for the work they've being nominated for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 10 Jan 2015, 00:47

party animal - not! wrote:I'm sure you're right........but.....

No pressure...............!!

As someone who has never walked a red carpet in her life either, (surprise, surprise!) I cannot possibly imagine what this must be like........
i

I thought about that aspect when I wrote my last post. If it was me walking the red carpet with George I would be as nervous as hell. But I think Amal will be fine. She has always handled herself so well in public situations whenever she has been covered by the press. She always seems to have this quiet air of self confidence.

Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 10 Jan 2015, 01:38

Well. this is going to be like nothing she's ever done, and I think her husband will take great care of her. 

None of the other 'civilian' spouses talk on camera, and at least she won't be alone this year. I can think of at least two other partners who are new to this - and both are Brits...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sat 10 Jan 2015, 11:24

party animal - not! wrote:Well. this is going to be like nothing she's ever done, and I think her husband will take great care of her. 

None of the other 'civilian' spouses talk on camera, and at least she won't be alone this year. I can think of at least two other partners who are new to this - and both are Brits...........

Who will be other two new spouses on carpet?  Keep eye out for how they do. 

Venice would have prepared a little, ooo and Florence.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 10 Jan 2015, 16:13

The paps have been following her around for months and she seems to have handled it pretty well. I don't think she'll have any problem with the attention on Sunday - especially with George there to run interference for her if necessary.

Hopefully, they'll just ask her "who" she's wearing and then turn their attention to George. After all, it is HIS night.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 10 Jan 2015, 16:22

I'm thinking tomorrow night will be reminiscent of when John and Jacqueline Kennedy visited France when he was President.  JFK's comment during a speech was he was the man who accompanied Jackie.   All cameras and interest will be on Amal.  Every designer wants to fit her ( you can't buy that kind and level of publicity), everyone wants to be her friend.  Hell, we all know what George looks like...and it's not his first award, even though it's a big one.  I predict Sunday will be remembered as the night Amal took Hollywood by storm.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by JMK Sat 10 Jan 2015, 20:03

I totally agree, Pigpen.

JMK
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 10 Jan 2015, 22:08

The other two newbies (sort of) I can think of are Sophie Hunter and Hannah Redmayne (both Brits).......may be more...............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 10 Jan 2015, 22:31

Sophie & Benedict are engaged and expecting
their first baby.
They've already done a red carpet together recently.
I'm hoping he'll get the award.....and become a daddy
all in the same year.
Coolio

Sorry to go off topic !  flower
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 11 Jan 2015, 01:35

Mr. and Mrs. George  Clooney
George Clooney will receive the honorary Cecil B. DeMille award for outstanding contributions to the world of entertainment, but all eyes will be on his plus one.
“Not only is George the finest representative of Hollywood, but this is the first time Mr. an Mrs. Clooney will be at a Hollywood event together,” Adelman said of George and his new bride Amal Alamuddin. “It’s incredibly exciting, this is the first time she’ll greet the industry. I think everyone is incredibly excited to receive her.”
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sun 11 Jan 2015, 03:31

Sevens wrote:Mr. and Mrs. George  Clooney
George Clooney will receive the honorary Cecil B. DeMille award for outstanding contributions to the world of entertainment, but all eyes will be on his plus one.
“Not only is George the finest representative of Hollywood, but this is the first time Mr. an Mrs. Clooney will be at a Hollywood event together,” Adelman said of George and his new bride Amal Alamuddin. “It’s incredibly exciting, this is the first time she’ll greet the industry. I think everyone is incredibly excited to receive her.”

So Hollywood Foreign Press gave George the award so they could have first the red carpet appearence of G and A. Probably a good thing since he is not likely to be nominated for Monuments Men, so this might be his only red carpet in Hollywood this year. I hope the focus is going to be on him, he is the one recieving the award and Amal is not in the film business.  If this is going to be about Amal and his marriage I will be disappointed.

And of course it is going to be major kissing up to G and A.  I hope Tina and Amy will come up with some jokes to cut through the layers of sugar. But I think they will tip toe. Where is Ricky Gervais when you need him?!
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 11 Jan 2015, 03:50

I really think the first appearance of the Clooneys on a major red
carpet in Hollywood is an import reason for George's award.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 11 Jan 2015, 04:20

Everyone at these award shows love George. They love to interview George. Everyone is also very curious about Amal. And they are happy for the new couple. They will both get lots of attention!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 11 Jan 2015, 04:53

Sevens wrote:I really think the first appearance of the Clooneys on a major red

Sevens, do you really believe that George is receiving this award so that Hollywood will see them as a couple on the red carpet, or am I totally lost in translation?  The Cecil B DeMille award does not stand for who married who.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 11 Jan 2015, 08:07

I think that was a lost in translation moment.

Look, it's inevitable that Amal is going to get lots and lots and lots of attention. Take a look at this very forum: most posters here can't stop writing about her and analysing everything she says and does. Multiply that by the world and you'll see that this will be about her a lot.

It's out of George's control, so let's just sit back and enjoy the show.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 11 Jan 2015, 11:09

melbert wrote:
Sevens wrote:I really think the first appearance of the Clooneys on a major red

Sevens, do you really believe that George is receiving this award so that Hollywood will see them as a couple on the red carpet, or am I totally lost in translation?  The Cecil B DeMille award does not stand for who married who.
I think George deserves the award definitely, but it's a surprising choice for this year. Maybe a little too early for his age. And the fact they chose to give him this award this year shows they 
want to boost the stardom in the show. The producer says so herself.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by / Sun 11 Jan 2015, 18:21

Amal was seen out and about in Beverly Hills, making some last minute preparations:

Running Into Amal Clooney in Beverly Hills
Lauren TuckNews Editor‎January‎ ‎11‎, ‎2015

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Photography by Erika Ostroff for Yahoo Style

Last night I had a little too much to drink. I woke up with a headache and needed a quick cure. My co-worker, Erika Ostroff, is a health nut (and has been trying to overhaul my diet forever) and instead of letting me eat cold pizza and stay in bed all day watching Friends on Netflix, she insisted we get some fresh air and grab juices to cure our hangovers. When in Los Angeles, right?

After sipping on a ginger, lemon, apple, and spinach concoction — which, I’ll admit, actually worked better than bingeing on grease and ‘90s TV — I walked bleary-eyed into the rain (raining! In Los Angeles!) and while waiting at the crosswalk, I saw a mirage: Amal Clooney.

Related: The Amal Effect: Oscar de la Renta’s Gown Is the Talk of Bridal Fashion Week

Stepping out of the back of a car came long legs first, a head full of curls second, and what looked like two garment bags, to follow. Because I wasn’t completely cognizant, I was uncertain whether it was the newlywed, but I sucked in another sip of the super liquid and quickly put two and two together: The gossip wasn’t true and she’ll totally be attending the Golden Globes on Sunday. Rumors had it that her husband, who is receiving the Cecil B. DeMille Award for his “outstanding contributions in the world of entertainment,” was going to walk the red carpet with his friend Cindy Crawford. But it seems like his wife will be on his side after all.

Photography by Erika Ostroff for Yahoo Style

Walking into a tailor, it’s clear that she’s still doing some last minute prepping. For her wedding, she wore Alexander McQueen, Giambattista Valli, Stella McCartney, and Oscar de la Renta. The red garment bags were discreet and didn’t give anything away, but guesses are that she’ll wear something from ODLR’s last collection.  While that would be a sweet tribute to the designer who custom made her wedding gown, the fashion industry is abuzz that she will wear a custom Dior gown.  

Related: Golden Globes 2015 Red Carpet Fashion Predictions

Makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury even told Yahoo Style that she would be doing Mrs. Clooney’s for the event. “Amal will be in makeup head-to-toe,” she revealed.“With Supermodel Body Lotion and custom-blended Magic Cream from my own collection… and I predict there will be some big lip moments on the red carpet this season. There certainly will be a gorgeous lip for Amal’s look.” She even got her hair colored this week by Miles Haddad at the Bungalow Salon in Los Angeles.

/

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 11 Jan 2015, 19:06

If it's RAINING.....will that ruin the
red carpet outside ?

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 11 Jan 2015, 19:17

Joanna, they'll probably have some type of awning covering for the red carpet. Hopefully it will stop sooner than later.

Never heard any rumors that Amal wasn't going to be there.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 11 Jan 2015, 19:53

Question- any comments about George and Amal at the award show tonight do we post on George's GG thread as opposed to here? We all know there will be just as many Amal comments as George comments so ...,

I dunno
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenn Sun 11 Jan 2015, 20:00

Jenn
Jenn
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 11 Jan 2015, 20:36

Anything specific for Amal, what she's wearing, things like that could go here.

Everything else about the George and the Globes lets put in the other thread. 

Let's hope they actually say something about George.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 11 Jan 2015, 21:02

LornaDoone wrote:Anything specific for Amal, what she's wearing, things like that could go here.

Everything else about the George and the Globes lets put in the other thread. 

Let's hope they actually say something about George.

Thank you. This thread will get one look from me tonight. One. I'm all about the George.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 11 Jan 2015, 21:06

You know what's funny about the 'Amal sighting' story? That she's still out running around to get herself presentable, and he's probably parked in front of the TV watching the football playoffs.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 12 Jan 2015, 00:12

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 12 Jan 2015, 00:16

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 12 Jan 2015, 00:17

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 12 Jan 2015, 00:28

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by JMK Mon 12 Jan 2015, 00:32

He has on a "Je suis Charlie" button.

JMK
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 12 Jan 2015, 00:33

Get in line honey, get in line!  :-)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 12 Jan 2015, 00:54

She looks really good. Didn't try to out-star the stars. The gloves are a bold touch that set her apart. Can't entirely subdue the style.

I somehow missed the interview (NBC). Did she talk much?

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 12 Jan 2015, 00:56

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum