George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

+16
Joanna
justpassinthrough
Katiedot
Donnamarie
LizzyNY
/
mel01
globalchick
annemarie
Silje
silly willy
fluffy
Doug Ross
Atalante
bgarabedian
fava
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by LornaDoone Mon 20 Oct 2014, 20:40

Katiedot wrote:What is your strange obsession with payment?  Why on earth do you imagine that it's sooooo wrong for lawyers to be paid for their work?  

Now, as to her uncle, do you seriously mean that she chose to be born into her family and that she's responsible for the actions of someone 20 years ago?  Because if that's your reasoning then don't forget that George Clooney has a sometime drug addicted aunt who spent time in a mental health facility so by your reasoning George too is a drug-taking middle aged woman having a nervous breakdown.  It would be a lot more factual to understand that families are made up of all sorts of people and just because one person in a family is good it doesn't follow that all are, any more than it's true that just because one person is bad, they all are bad too.

As for calling him a weaponsdealer, a more FACTUAL description might be a person who worked, officially, for the French government selling French-made weapons to other governments.  All perfectly legal.  But of course if you were to have stuck to the facts, that wouldn't have made him sound quite as bad as you want him to, would it?

Ouch Katie.  I know you were trying to make a point but that's such a harsh way to describe Rosemary Clooney.  

I know it's the truth but reading it like that makes it sound like that's ALL she was when in reality, she was so much more.  I so admired Rosemary for pushing through all that and continuing to fight the good fight.  She was also beloved by a generation and was a favorite of mine when I was a child so maybe that's why your words stung for me.

But I do get you were trying to make a point.  And I do agree with the point you made.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by LornaDoone Mon 20 Oct 2014, 20:42

And to get back on topic. I for the life of me don't know what she would carry in the red bag. Looks like a hat bag or maybe it's a makeup bag?

And for those of a certain age, it also looks like one of those portable hair dryers that gals used to use when they set their hair in curlers.

Who knows.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by silly willy Mon 20 Oct 2014, 20:54

LornaDoone wrote:And to get back on topic.  I for the life of me don't know what she would carry in the red bag.  Looks like a hat bag or maybe it's a makeup bag?

And for those of a certain age, it also looks like one of those portable hair dryers that gals used to use when they set their hair in curlers.

Who knows.

Glad we're back to the RED BAG! because ... did you see the scarf she tied around it?  My gosh, must be an Hermes or some outrageously expensive silk.  

But in my little opinion, I think the D&G red bag is over the top for an attorney doing her human rights duties, to be über-stylish, with a different bag-a-day going on. 

This girl's style blows me away though -- the choices (and changes) are interesting.

silly willy
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 20 Oct 2014, 21:17

I would probably be the last person to criticize Amal or her style but I kinda agree about the red bag. It seems just a bit pretentious especially for this occasion as sillywilly said. Amal probably didn't see it that way. I would have just used one of the other bags she brought along. I too absolutely love her style and she seems very confident and comfortable in whatever she wears, down to her quirky shoes.

As a gal of a certain age, LorneDoone, yes I had one of those portable hairdryers in a round case when I was a teenager. I'd put that funky bonnet on my head, turned that baby on and I looked like a mushroom ready to explode.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 20 Oct 2014, 21:31

I loved the little red bag added a pop of color to the outfit.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by / Mon 20 Oct 2014, 22:08

How can be bag be pretentious? Smile I loved it and it fits perfectly with the outfit.

/
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 20 Oct 2014, 23:56

Donnamarie wrote:I would probably be the last person to criticize Amal or her style but I kinda agree about the red bag.  It seems just a bit pretentious especially for this occasion as sillywilly said.  Amal probably didn't see it that way.  I would have just used one of the other bags she brought along.  I too absolutely love her style and she seems very confident and comfortable  in whatever she wears, down to her quirky shoes.

As a gal of a certain age, LorneDoone, yes I had one of those portable hairdryers in a round case when I was a teenager.  I'd put that funky bonnet on my head, turned that baby on and I looked like a mushroom ready to explode.  

Wait and you forgot the jet plane blowing sound!  LMAO!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 21 Oct 2014, 17:17

Haha! I think my mum still has one of those, except it's orange!

LornaDoone wrote:Ouch Katie.  I know you were trying to make a point but that's such a harsh way to describe Rosemary Clooney.
Yes, deliberately so. Globalchick wants to dimish Amal to just one (irrelevant IMO) fact so I did the same to Rosemary to show how ridiculous that kind of argument is.

Back on topic, erm, the bag's ok with me?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silly willy Wed 22 Oct 2014, 21:34

ME.C. wrote:How can be bag be pretentious? Smile I loved it and it fits perfectly with the outfit.  

I love it too and would like her to donate it to me.

silly willy
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2